mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Rusted bolt replacement

Not sure if it's just my bike or it's happening to all the chilcotins but the bolts holding the linkages together are all rusted on the head.

Anybody else having this issue?

I'm not sure if this is a problem. Aside from not looking good i'm kind of thinking that the body of the bolts may be rusting too and this can't be good for the linkage.

Anybody know where to get replacements?

mtbr member
    Ya, at Knolly. Call or email them, and they will help you.
    "My riding style - like I'm being chased by a clown." - rscecil007

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    Not sure if it's just my bike or it's happening to all the chilcotins but the bolts holding the linkages together are all rusted on the head.

Anybody else having this issue?

I'm not sure if this is a problem. Aside from not looking good i'm kind of thinking that the body of the bolts may be rusting too and this can't be good for the linkage.

Anybody know where to get replacements?
    it was just a problem with anodising, mines were same (they'll have been in the same batch as yours), was given a new bag of them by Knolly, still havent fitted them yet, i greased the bolt ends which halts the rusting, so saving them for later.
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i wouldnt have thought it would be ab problem, just a bit of surface rust, yes in time it's going to corrode, but thats gonna be in years to come. the body of the bolt is gonna be coverd as its inside the linkage, so i wouldnt think it would be rusty, you can always pull it out to check, then put a bit of greaee on to stop it rusting in the future,,,
    if it is bothering you that much and you want to replace them for peace of mind, then knolly would be the first place to look. kev and noel will sort you out, they are very helpful friendly guys.

or you could get some bolts from the hardware store as long as you get the correct size, there was a thread about this a while ago on bolts for the dt, where a few people got them online from somewhere,

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    it was just a problem with anodising, mines were same (they'll have been in the same batch as yours), was given a new bag of them by Knolly, still havent fitted them yet, i greased the bolt ends which halts the rusting, so saving them for later.
    oh....brilliant. Thanks for that. Thought it was strange that it would happen on a knolly frame and I haven't heard of others having that issue.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Ya, mine too - I have never bothered doing anything about it - I think it goes nice with the dirt colour I have on it.

mtbr member
    Hi Everyone:

This was a vendor problem with part of the 1st batch of Chilcotins that shipped in early 2012. As Big B said, contact us by e-mail: we have replacement hardware in stock at N/C.
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    Hi Everyone:

This was a vendor problem with part of the 1st batch of Chilcotins that shipped in early 2012. As Big B said, contact us by e-mail: we have replacement hardware in stock at N/C.
    can Knolly spell customer service? ...oh yes they can..
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    My new bolts are on the way. Thanks very much Knolly!

As a side note, i've just got a new pair of industry nine torch hubs and they've made an unbelievably good chilcotin just that much better!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Digging up an old thread, Is anyone having the same problem with the new Endorphins.
    I was about to mount my new 3D linkage and saw that the hardwear was rusting, not bad, but the bike is only used 3 times and washed once.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I had this issue with a newer generation chilcotin. Knolly sent out a replacement bolt set after I sent him pics of the rusted bolts.