mtbr member

Recommend me an air shock for old Delirium

I have an old style Delirium. Have always loved the bike but it seldom gets ridden anymore because its a 39lb beast. I am currently running it with a CCDB and a RS Totem.

My current riding is somewhat toned down from a few years ago when I did a lot of freeriding (is that still a thing??? ). I am thinking an air fork and shock will meet my needs for whatever gnar I get into but will also lower bike weight enough that I will actually be willing to pedal it again.

I got a Fox 36 off a friend for cheap that I am going to try out. The bike originally came with an RP23 but I hated it, always blew through the travel too easy.

What air shocks would people recommend these days that will work well with the old Delirium? I'm more a set it and forget it type. Should be plenty of used shocks out there, but open to buying new if there is a recent release that is head and shoulders above older models.

Fox X2
    Fox Float DPS
    RS Monarch Plus w DebonAir
    CC DBA
    CC DBAinline (I know too many people who've blown them multiple times - is there a fix for this?)
    Something else and get it modded by Avy?

mtbr member
    I have a rs monarch plus. It is light and works perfect.
    Recommend me an air shock for old Delirium-image.jpg

mtbr member
    I am in a somewhat similar situation to OP, and have the same question, looking for some more feedback/data points. I am running CCDB coil (it's the only shock I've ridden on the bike) and while it crushes high speed chunder and big hits, the bike is relatively heavy (~37lbs) hard to pedal and and not as poppy. I'm thinking about trying an air shock just to change things up a little, see how much better it will pedal and how it would change the feel (maybe liven it up a touch) on the descent. I am absolutely LOVING my CCDBA-CS on my Endo26 and thinking I would go that route on the Delirium, unless someone tells me it's not the right shock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by melih View Post
    I have a rs monarch plus. It is light and works perfect.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	1062581
    For that shock, what tune do you use? I can't find much documentation on this for the older deliriums.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    For that shock, what tune do you use? I can't find much documentation on this for the older deliriums.
    I have a Monarch Plus with M/M tune.
    My Bikes:
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium V1
    Knolly Chilcotin

mtbr member
    Bring it back to life. My winter bike is 35lbs and it's a great bike to ride for anything this side of EPIC.

Given how little interest there is in 26" wheels you might be able to score something light and bling for price that won't hurt.

I've thought about giving my 26er a full carbonium love treatment and keeping a long time so I can be "that old dude" on group rides on the ancient rig.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I'll throw the DVO Topaz out there as an option. Breakaway force is super minimal and has been a beast so far for the rides I've been on. Crushed it on big braking bumps at an enduro last weekend but soaked up the big hits and has great feedback.

mtbr member
    So I picked up a CCDBA-CS, just checking back in to see if anyone has recommended settings for the Delirium. I am currently about 190 w/o gear and seems like sag looks good around 150lbs of pressure. I already started with the base/generic tune from CC website but looking for more specific input / optimizing from Delirium riders. Thanks