Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Knomer

Podiums are shipping SOON - order NOW

Don't fight the feeling, reserve yours today, this first run is gonna sell out QUICK....

2013 Knolly Podium

Colors this run: Raw, Ano Black, Day Glo Yellow
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

si vis pacem...
    For anyone who is on the fence, let me offer a few words of advice:

DO IT.

This bike corners like it's on rails and it the most stable thing I have ever ridden in my life. It's responsive and agile, and sucks up the hits like you wouldn't believe. You might not be sending it off 50-footers like Doerfling, but I promise you the Podium will make you feel comfortable enough to try stuff you never would have dreamed of before. This bike is 38 lbs of sheer confidence.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post

DO IT.

This bike corners like it's on rails and it the most stable thing I have ever ridden in my life. It's responsive and agile, and sucks up the hits like you wouldn't believe. You might not be sending it off 50-footers like Doerfling, but I promise you the Podium will make you feel comfortable enough to try stuff you never would have dreamed of before. This bike is 38 lbs of sheer confidence.
    Can't wait!!! If it's half as good as the Chilcotin I will be happy!

RideDirt
    Just the weight alone should make you buy it , damn 38 lbs for a DH bike is nice.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Just the weight alone should make you buy it , damn 38 lbs for a DH bike is nice.
    My painted large with full Saint kit and DH tires weighs 36.5 pounds....

The Interbike show bike, large anodized with 'ludicrous speed' build kit weighed 34.75 pounds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post

DO IT.

I can only echo these exact comments. Words out of my mouth and all.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post

The Interbike show bike, large anodized with 'ludicrous speed' build kit weighed 34.75 pounds.
    .. Seems like KNOLLY has set the new bar in the industry i must say. Great work !

TSC
    Buehliever

Any chance of getting you to post the build info of both bikes on this thread: Podium: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread

It's my third time asking--could this be the charm?!?
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

Donkey Puncher
    I noticed nobody really posts any videos here.... heres an edit I just finished...Parabellum put it in words, here it is in video..Lots of dirty podium action, new and old, with a few sprinkles of Chili. Comes with a little personal history (ignore the Ibis if you can...first bike..what was I thinkin.haha..the chili replaced it) Thanks Graham for the loan of your Blue podium. Thanks Adam for competing with me all the time.

THIRTY TWO RIDES Video - Pinkbike
    Last edited by VanGor44; 11-10-2012 at 08:48 PM.

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by VanGor44 View Post
    I noticed nobody really posts any videos here.... heres an edit I just finished...LOts of dirty podium action, new and old, with a few sprinkles of Chili. Ccomes with a little personal history (ignore the Ibis if you can...first bike..what was I thinkin.haha..the chili replaced it) Thanks Graham for the loan of your Blue podium. Thanks Adam for competing with me all the time.

Love it, Rise against is one of my favs as well .. Good riding man Got me stoked hahah

Donkey Puncher
    Thanks Dub.....Glad it hit the spot! We need the stoke here....got a foot of snow on the ground and its gonna be minus 15 for the next 6 months. Ack!

mtbr member
    That was one great vid! Good riding too, Van!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Got my order in a few weeks back. We'll be doing a proper over-the-top
    Sicklines build and review. I'm pretty sure my spreadsheet says sub 34 lbs ready to race. Gonna be a fun project.

mtbr member
    <---on the fence. It's a small picket fence, though...so probably inevitable. Why resist? Oh yeah, I have 5 bikes, gah. Can't get rid of the road/tri bike, nor my first Knolly. Can't sell my Great Divide bike, and the project Snaux bike isn't even finished yet. That leaves the DJ/street bike, and that one is just so practical.

Oh the problems of modern times!
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

mtbr member
    i dont ride the type of terrain this bike is capable of but maybe twice a year but I want one of those sexy bikes just to sit on the mantle to look all sexy & badass n stuff ;-)

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    <---on the fence. It's a small picket fence, though...so probably inevitable. Why resist? Oh yeah, I have 5 bikes, gah. Can't get rid of the road/tri bike, nor my first Knolly. Can't sell my Great Divide bike, and the project Snaux bike isn't even finished yet. That leaves the DJ/street bike, and that one is just so practical.

Oh the problems of modern times!
    You've done the GDR? My buddy Matt McFee(owner of Hermosa Tours) did it about 4 years ago, ended up face down in a ditch(exhaustion) in New Mexico, 300 miles from the finish. He's been a little "off" ever since. Haha.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Any chance of getting you to post the build info of both bikes on this thread: Podium: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread

It's my third time asking--could this be the charm?!?
    Sorry, I had never seen any of your requests, nor had I ever been inside that thread. I'll add those builds right now.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Sorry, I had never seen any of your requests, nor had I ever been inside that thread. I'll add those builds right now.

Thanks; those are awesome builds. I was expecting carbon rims to hit those weights. I'm very surprised/excited about the idea of a bike that burly weighing so little.

How well does the Podium pedal? I have a Giant Glory and I was surprised at how well it pedaled and, before I got my Chili I used it (instead of my Giant Reign) for every trail that was even a bit more DH oriented (e.g. Grafton Mesa). It was my favorite bike until I got my Chili. The Glory didn't leave my yard this year.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    The Podium looks pretty sikkk. I think I bit off more than i can chew with my Chili build, so I can't see myself buying up the Podium any time soon. Hmmm who knows.. maybe some day.

PS: Very nice vid VanGor44. Watching it is getting me pumped up for next spring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VanGor44 View Post
    I noticed nobody really posts any videos here.... heres an edit I just finished...Parabellum put it in words, here it is in video..Lots of dirty podium action, new and old, with a few sprinkles of Chili. Comes with a little personal history (ignore the Ibis if you can...first bike..what was I thinkin.haha..the chili replaced it) Thanks Graham for the loan of your Blue podium. Thanks Adam for competing with me all the time.

Nice job on the video and thanks for posting!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Can anyone share their experiences and talk me into a podium set up with a long travel SC fork and 1 x 11 at back as a bike that is in delirium category (travel wise)?

I have a Chili with coil shock and forks but want something with more travel yet still pedable to the top.

I've been thru the thread below multiple times as is:

Podium - Single Crown

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    Can anyone share their experiences and talk me into a podium set up with a long travel SC fork and 1 x 11 at back as a bike that is in delirium category (travel wise)?

I have a Chili with coil shock and forks but want something with more travel yet still pedable to the top.

I've been thru the thread below multiple times as is:

Podium - Single Crown
    As you know, I really enjoyed my SC setup on the original Podium. The new Podium's geometry and better pedaling characteristics would seem to lend itself even better for a SC setup.

We have organized a bike trip to Santa Barbara for this coming weekend Nov 15-18. We will be shuttling and the terrain is very rocky. As in any trip, we are all trying to determine the best bike setup for the trip. A range of bikes are probably okay for this trip, because it is not 100% DH, but it is mostly downhill. Most of us are going with our Deliriums in coil mode and beefier tires.

Yesterday, I had some time on my hands and decided to build the SC (Marz 66) setup on the new Podium as potential for the trip. I rode it around my neighborhood, hit stair cases, etc. However, it didn't have that same allure as it had before. Yes it was bit more lively owing to a lighter front end. And to be fair, I kept my DH tires on and didn't switch shocks (kept the Avy on, instead of throwing the Vivid Air in it), which have an effect on the overall behavior.

With the original Podium, the SC setup was unique owing to the longish wheelbase and long chainstays and just seemed to work. I think part of the fun factor was having a lighter more flickable bike with the benefits of stability.

I think the new Podium in its DH setup is already more playful. With the SC crown setup on the new Podium, not much is gained and therefore doesn't seem overly advantageous to use in this mode.

I have noticed that the new Podium is a tad slacker than the old Podium, differing from the posted specs. I am not sure that I would want to pedal this slack of a bike uphill. You could install angleset in reverse, but I didn't have much luck with my angleset on my Blur TRC. However, buddies have had good luck with their angleset.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks Dude (and Err via PM) for the feedback.

We were able to do some experimentation over the weekend with a medium V1 Podium (DB Coil Shock), a -ve 1.5 degree works components headset. 50mm stem and a Fox 180mm Van RC2 Coil fork.

The -ve headset lessened the wheelbase which was good but the BB height was raised somewhat. (I wasn't able to measure with I-phone app unfortunately) so my impressions can be interpreted as somewhat subjective.

I liked it. It is still pedable friendly but did have to move the saddle forward about 3/4" on the medium frame (I am 5ft 10).

Granted the V2 podium has shorter chain stays which will allow for more responsive feel at lower speed but BB height might be raised again due to shorter wheelbase.

I'd be kicking myself if I did purchase the new podium only to find out that sometime next year a delirium was to be offered. Mr Bottoms did make it clear that nothing is on the drawing board as of yet and that the niche between Chili and Podium was indeed a small one to address.

I am thoroughly enjoying the suspension platform Knollys are built around compared to others currently on market. So in my narrow mindedness, considering other 180mm travel frames takes a distant 2nd place.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    . Mr Bottoms did make it clear that nothing is on the drawing board as of yet and that the niche between Chili and Podium was indeed a small one.
    You mean between the Chilcotin and the Delirium, right?

I have the Delirium T and the Chilcotin, and there is a marked difference between the two. I would expect that the Podium mk2 and the Chilcotin would be quite different bikes, even with teh new Podium feeling more 'lively'.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    ^^^ Sorry I was under the assumption that the DT was never going to get a makeover but the Delirium was so essentially between the Chilcotin and the Podium.^^^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast