mtbr member

Podium Sizing - TT length

I was fortunate enough to demo a 2013 XL Podium for a full day. It's nice that DustyBottoms is my size, although he is much better looking.

The bike absolutely smokes the corners and the CCDB air worked flawlessly to make chatter, bumps and holes disappear. There was no chunk where we were riding, so I didn't get to sample its rock-swallowing ability. I was absolutely ready to pull the trigger on getting one myself.

I didn't think about TT length since we were doing lift assisted riding. I just assumed the 25.2" effective top tube mentioned on the website was what I was riding. When I had a chance to measure, I put the seat up to handlebar height and took a tape parallel to the ground from the center of the seatpost to the center of the headset bolt. I was shocked to see the measurement at 22" - a full 3" shorter than advertised. Was this a medium? Nope - the wheelbase was over 48". My Large Yeti 303R measured 23" using that method, and its cockpit felt too short for me.

As a 6'4" guy with a long torso, I need the longest effective top tube available. This cockpit is definitely cramped for seated pedaling. Anybody find anything like this on your Podium? Am I hallucinating? How can it be advertised at 25.2" yet measure 3" shorter?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    cant say i noticed it on my podium, ( medium) it felt fine, pedals and climbs great, rides great, i am more than happy with it. pull that trigger you wont regret it,

mtbr member
    Thanks Delerian. I already received a PM from Mr. Knolly himself who explained how it all sort of works out based on BB position, sag and such. That's why I love this company. The owner and chief engineer responded directly to a strange and simple little question on a forum. Totally unexpected and seemingly unnecessary gesture, yet sets my mind at ease. Trigger will be pulled.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    yeah thats what makes these bikes that bit more special... they defo go that extra mile for their customers.... i cant thank noel and kevin enough for what they have done for us ( col and myself) this year,