Delirious Tuck

PIKE / Endo question for the bigger boys...

What are folks running air spacer token wise? I'm going 150mm Pike and run about 250# fully geared these days.

HATED the Float 34 CTD, compared to my 2012 FIT 34 29er on the sultan, its like riding a lump of dung that can't decide if its warm or fossilized. Going to push Fox for a 2014 damper or just buy it and run them back to back.

mtbr member
    I'm about 215 geared up. Right now mine has no tokens in it, and I've got about 65psi in it, I think that puts me around 20 or 25% sag (would need to check my notes). I have yet to bottom the thing out at this pressure. I tried 60psi for a ride or two, and while it was super plush and I was able to bottom it (or almost close), overall it was too divey and not enough mid-stroke. I had the LSC all the way in and it still wasn't enough. (I only run the fork full open. FYI)

I want to experiment and install a token or two and see if that will let me run a bit lower pressure again, but give me a bit more mid-stroke and better LSC adjustment. Someone in one of the Pike threads suggested this, I've just not had time to try it.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    I'm about 215 geared up. Right now mine has no tokens in it, and I've got about 65psi in it, I think that puts me around 20 or 25% sag (would need to check my notes). I have yet to bottom the thing out at this pressure. I tried 60psi for a ride or two, and while it was super plush and I was able to bottom it (or almost close), overall it was too divey and not enough mid-stroke. I had the LSC all the way in and it still wasn't enough. (I only run the fork full open. FYI)

I want to experiment and install a token or two and see if that will let me run a bit lower pressure again, but give me a bit more mid-stroke and better LSC adjustment. Someone in one of the Pike threads suggested this, I've just not had time to try it.
    According to Craig, volume reducers will only affect the last 1/3rd of the travel
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    According to Craig, volume reducers will only affect the last 1/3rd of the travel
    That's what I was also thinking, as he told me the same thing about added oil to my 55. (Found his email about this late last night.)

I still thought I might try the tokens at some point just for giggles. Only takes 5 min to install them.

Delirious Tuck
    I'm going to start with one, I have to install fork so might as well check oil level and toss in a spacer off the bat.

Other thing I may try with the Fox is the PUSH tune coming out with HSC and LSC plus air spring adjustability similar to PIKE since '13 CTD Float 34s are going around $400-$480 on fleabay.

mtbr member
    ..any chance of an update on the Pikes...im 190RTR..ive got float 36s lowered to 150 on the endo...but theyre 2100g...so considering pikes...they worth the spend?
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.

mtbr member
    Magic 8 ball says yes, even though I have to send mine back shortly for a loose bushing issue. Totally killer fork, I love mine.

mtbr member
    cheers, that was a fast reply lol ... as good as 36 floats? what about for big hits? craig seekins says they are very similar inside...

mtbr member
    whats magic 8 ball?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    whats magic 8 ball?
    Magic 8-Ball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    the bushings an expensive repair outside warranty?

mtbr member
    The bushings will be covered under warranty, no idea of the cost outside of it. And haven't ever owned or ridden a Fox fork, not a huge fan of Fox, so can't compare there sorry.

MC MasterShake
    I'm 155 and I use 1 token. I found that it would dive on the harder hits w/o the token. The token took care of it nicely
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813