Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Knomer
    I just cut right to the chase:

Maxxis Minion 2.5 dual ply DH casing wire bead 3C @ 1300g a piece. Run them tubeless.

If I get a flat, it means I've been in a knife fight.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Yebo Numzaan
    word!
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    I'm in on Sunday only probably make the drive down Saturday eve.
    Tisser please pm me the coordinates or directions to the trail head for Sunday morning & some kind of contact info.
    Look forward to riding with everyone & seeing other knolly builds!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post

Maxxis Minion 2.5 dual ply DH casing wire bead 3C @ 1300g a piece. Run them tubeless.

I have a couple DHF and a DHR in 2.5

I was planning on running the Hans Dampf. Not sure how it will hold up to lots of rocks though. Would you suggest the 2.5 DHF Sticky over the Hans Dampf? (tubeless on Stans flow)

On another note, last 3 weeks I have been injured. Mostly flesh wounds, but to my hands, so have not been able to ride. So much for getting in shape There, I got my excuse out of the way. Whew, that was close!
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

MC MasterShake
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post

Wow. Throwing the guantlet down, eh? I can do DH tires if others are doing it. I guess if it's not a hammerfest to the top so who gives an F? I'll bring both and see what happens. Is there an air compressor available?

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak View Post
    Wow. Throwing the guantlet down, eh? I can do DH tires if others are doing it. I guess if it's not a hammerfest to the top so who gives an F? I'll bring both and see what happens. Is there an air compressor available?
    DH tires are not needed. You guys should be fine running a heavier single ply tire like the Hans. If you are running a 600 gram tire...good luck, we'll be waiting for you at the car.

I do have an air compressor.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman View Post
    I'm in on Sunday only probably make the drive down Saturday eve.
    Tisser please pm me the coordinates or directions to the trail head for Sunday morning & some kind of contact info.
    Look forward to riding with everyone & seeing other knolly builds!
    Where are you coming from? I would highly suggest being here for Saturday's ride if possible. Sunday will be a fun ride...but Saturday is THE day. I expect everyone will be toast by Sunday.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    I have a couple DHF and a DHR in 2.5

I was planning on running the Hans Dampf. Not sure how it will hold up to lots of rocks though. Would you suggest the 2.5 DHF Sticky over the Hans Dampf? (tubeless on Stans flow)

On another note, last 3 weeks I have been injured. Mostly flesh wounds, but to my hands, so have not been able to ride. So much for getting in shape There, I got my excuse out of the way. Whew, that was close!
    I'm fat so....

I like the pre-built excuse

mtbr member
    Saturday I'm riding in Kingman,AZ playing tour guide to a couple of northerners -
    I will be toast too after Saturday....
    I'm in on the fun ride

whew I got my excuse out of the way too for being slow

mtbr member
    sh1t, you guys took all the good excuses. Looks like I'll just have to admit to being slow because I am slow... haha.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    sh1t, you guys took all the good excuses. Looks like I'll just have to admit to being slow because I am slow... haha.
    I'm sure everyone is just sand bagging....well...maybe not me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    No, no. I didn't hear anybody take the "my bike is too heavy" excuse which is the one I'm going with.

Still pedaling the old DT at 40 lbs. It's a good climber. But it ain't fast.

mtbr member
    I'm going to use "I'm Old, fat and slow".
    But got a great bike!

mtbr member
    Don't worry about being slow,
    They will surely wait for your on the next hill anyways
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Jebus I want to buy a Knolly just to get in on this ride!

Knollician
    11 days and counting....

For those staying with me...beer run complete.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    11 days and counting....

For those staying with me...beer run complete.
    Is Dusty bringing the single malt? I think we should all have a shot/sip of the good stuff in tribute to the man behind the bike. Perhaps we could do it kinda like the Guinness toast. Where folks around the world, at the same moment, raise their glasses in solidarity to something bigger than themselves, bigger even than a bike, or bike company, something more akin to a philosophy of living. Something that we all, to a greater or lesser extent, hold closely to our hearts and minds.

To Noel,

/cheers

Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

si vis pacem...
    Damn I wish I could come to this. Next time (assuming there is a next time - I certainly hope there will be) lets try and plan it a little further out so us working stiffs can save a few AV days for it instead of burning them all on trips to Whistler.

Better yet - how about a "Knollfest North" where WE take the party to Whistler? Between the bike park and the valley trails - and Squamish and Pemberton both a short drive away (<45 min) - there's enough world-class riding to satisfy the gravity goons and the AM crowd.

Maybe I'm a little premature worrying about Knollfest 2013 when the 2012 one hasn't even happened yet, but this thread is killing me and dammit I'm not missing the next one. Never too early to start planning ahead.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
    Damn I wish I could come to this. Next time (assuming there is a next time - I certainly hope there will be) lets try and plan it a little further out so us working stiffs can save a few AV days for it instead of burning them all on trips to Whistler.

Better yet - how about a "Knollfest North" where WE take the party to Whistler? Between the bike park and the valley trails - and Squamish and Pemberton both a short drive away (<45 min) - there's enough world-class riding to satisfy the gravity goons and the AM crowd.

Maybe I'm a little premature worrying about Knollfest 2013 when the 2012 one hasn't even happened yet, but this thread is killing me and dammit I'm not missing the next one. Never too early to start planning ahead.....
    Yes! I think a Knollfest in the land of its nativity would be awesome. Let's do it.

Getting excited for the Knollfest South. With all the climbing involved, I'm tempted to just bring the 5 Spot and suffer the scorn.

Maybe I'll switch some parts around to lighten up the Del T..... or maybe I'll just keep it like it is and whine (on the ups).
    Last edited by KRob; 11-27-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post

Yes! I think a Knollfest in the land of its nativity would be awesome. Let's do it.

Getting excited for the Knollfest South. With all the climbing involved, I'm tempted to just bring the 5 Spot and suffer the scorn.

Maybe I'll switch some parts around to lighten up the Del T..... or maybe I'll just keep it like it is and whine (on the ups).
    Don't you be comin' here all up in your Turner....I'll punch you square in the face. The ups will be moderately paced at best with the numbers we have.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Don't you be comin' here all up in your Turner....I'll punch you square in the face. The ups will be moderately paced at best with the numbers we have.
    At first I thought the threat was " I'll punch a square in your face." I think that is a better threat.

and KRob, why you gotta be like that?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'll have a a few bottles of wiskey and tequila floating around my van. Just need Kevin to supply some Knolly shot glasses!
    Also, I'll be on my chilly, but since my girlfriend will be doing an art show, her small chilly would be available for anyone. And if anyone is interested in the Endo, we'll have a small and medium to throw a leg over.
    Cheers

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    I'll have a a few bottles of wiskey and tequila floating around my van. Just need Kevin to supply some Knolly shot glasses!
    Also, I'll be on my chilly, but since my girlfriend will be doing an art show, her small chilly would be available for anyone. And if anyone is interested in the Endo, we'll have a small and medium to throw a leg over.
    Cheers
    I can't wait for everyone to see your cool helmet!
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Bummed to have to miss this but work will get in the way that weekend. I just got back from a week of riding in Sedona and conditions couldn't be better. Have fun and post pictures!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yeah Kevin, us country folks aren't well versed is colored bandana's around large populations. Thinking something neutral like green. Any help?
    Gonna get a few laps in on this "goat camp" so I aint the newbie. Gonna give it a shot on the Endo with pinner tires first to see if ut warrants the chilly.
    Ps- I've had more than my share of whiskey tonight

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast