Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies and the photo stoke!

Regarding the 32T, I will be limited in clearance by the taco bash I am running. I'll probably try the 32 from a triple first before buying, as I do not have a SS 32T. It has been years since I've done any real climbing (front range CO), so I may very well go 32T. One thing is for certain, this trip is going to be a blast!
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

mtbr member
    Just make sure everyone brings a camera,
    So just to make sure everybody has a share of stoke pics
    Us from the other side of the globe would at least enjoy watching this awesome gatherings
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

ronniering guy
    Apr 2005
    Brando talked to Jimmy A today and it looks like he is in for a couple of the rides

lurker extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Stryke View Post
    Brando talked to Jimmy A today and it looks like he is in for a couple of the rides
    I'm definitely in for whatever is happening on Friday. Saturday/Sunday mornings are pretty shot for me these days with the wife running her store at the farmer's market.

ಠ_ಠ
    I'm out. Office Xmas party that Friday. Lame excuse, but cannot miss it.

Yebo Numzaan
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    You know you've been living in the desert too long when its 75 and you are wearing long sleeves and/or jacket! (I kid I kid) Man those trails looks gnarly, I might have to bring a bike the next time I visit.
    I remember reading this comment and wanting to post this picture......you know you neen living in Seattle too long when you see a clear sky and think its shorts and TShirt weather!!

Actually coming from South Africa...when i see clear skies....i think its going to be warm....still havent learnt my lesson

5308880088_ea9f3e44fd_o
    I support EMBA

Knollician
    I hope you boys are ready to be cornholed by dirtbag Saturday at the BBQ....wait....that didn't come out right
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Yebo Numzaan
    Dude, I have said before..i am down for anything.
    I support EMBA

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    Dude, I have said before..i am down for anything.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Knollician
    TO ALL ATTENDEES:

Alright guys, looks like we have pretty well finalized the roster for Knollfest. I would like to thank all of those attending, and would like to let those know who couldn't make it, that I don't plan on this being the last

Anyway, for those attending please read the following. My goal here is for you to have as little to think about, and be able to enjoy yourself. If you couldn't tell, I like to plan ahead, so I am asking for some help here.

Friday 8:00am start time. National/Geronimo/Cochise, spin back. We will grab some lunch, then hook up with Kevin and his crew about 1:30 for a Kiwanis/Holbert run. It will be dark about 5:00pm, so we will have to move on this one with a group this size.

Pinos (italian, pizza) for dinner.

Saturday - I am planning on having breakfast here at the house before we hit Goat Camp. Breakfast will be ready at 8:00am. Food will include eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, bagels, orange juice, milk, and coffee (we don't drink coffee, so let me know what you guys want, there is a Starbucks a mile away as well). I would like to be riding by 10:00am, and the trailhead is about a 20 minute drive from my house. Should also give people a chance to prep their bike should it need any love.

Saturday after the ride we will be BBQ'ing at my place. Plans are for burgers, dogs, hot sausage, and possibly chicken (if I can get some Cornell sauce). Chips, veggies, fruits, etc. I expect we will eat between 5-6pm as GC will take some time with a group our size.

Drinks - neither my wife nor I drink, however it is not for any reason. Please let me know what beer you would like for Saturday, and I will be sure to have it here at the house.

For those staying with me, I will drop an email to you for a list of things you would like while staying with me.

Sunday - "Short" ride on National, starting at 8:00am to the saddle and back. This ride will take some time and is a must do. I would like to be complete by 12:00 as people need to get packed and to the airport.

I'm not bashful, I'm asking for people to help cover their food and drinks. I will have the house stocked if I know what you want. I can't afford to feed all of you bastards...

BTW..NO SMOKING AT MY HOUSE...PERIOD!

mtbr member
    you da man!
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Awesome! No problem with kicking in the cash, especially since you are essentially catering all this, and boarding many of us. Should be no problem to pick up your share when we eat out as well.

I eat everything, so no problem there. I am a beer snob, however. So unless you have Ninkasi, Boundary Bay, or Stone I am probably not interested and am fine with whatever.

Anything you or your wife need from the Seattle area? A big fat Salmon maybe? If you need something brought down, just let me know.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

mtbr member
    Wow, not sure what I will miss more, riding with you guys or Tisser's cooking.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

Yebo Numzaan
    Eeek. Way to set the bar. I drink (as much as i can)...but also dont mind grabbing some beers at the gas station on the way home.

If KFest is held in Seattle in 2013...it would definitely not be so well organized!
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    TO ALL ATTENDEES:

BTW..NO SMOKING AT MY HOUSE...PERIOD!
    I hope there's no one coming from Colorado j/k

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

If KFest is held in Seattle in 2013...it would definitely not be so well organized!
    I support this idea and will be more than happy to help cook/drink. The Prof knows I can throw down in the kitchen.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    I hope there's no one coming from Colorado j/k
    Why would you leave Colorado?!? I've never smoked pot. I can't tolerate smoke in my lungs, but when Fruita gets marry-jane lollipops I might try biking Fruita/GJ.

(I should check out the Fruita/GJ biking anyway but it's hard to drive past Moab.)
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Eeek. Way to set the bar. I drink (as much as i can)...but also dont mind grabbing some beers at the gas station on the way home.

Thanks for the planning and hosting Brandon! That is a high bar! Sounds like a good schedule.

I'm still thinking about riding Sedona Thursday afternoon if anyone wants to join.

Knollfest in North Van/Whistler for next year would be awesome!! Let's do it.

Just roll it......
    Jealous.

I can't pull the trigger until I get a new gig lined up for 2013...but who knows, maybe I'll be a last-minute entry.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post
    Jealous.

I can't pull the trigger until I get a new gig lined up for 2013...but who knows, maybe I'll be a last-minute entry.
    Wait...I thought you were the Mayor of Hamsterville???
    Extreme stationary biker.

RideDirt
    Wow very jealous of all you fukers lol .. Sounds like some sick fun and good luck to you all dammit.

mtbr member

Tire recommendations?

What rear tire are you guys liking out there in Arizona. I am in need of a new rear tire and will probably pick one up before the trip. Currently running the Spec. Purgatory Control 2.2. I find it a little soft in the side wall department. Volume is fine for my home trails. Considering the new Purg. 2.3 if I can find one.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks guys.

TG

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    What rear tire are you guys liking out there in Arizona. I am in need of a new rear tire and will probably pick one up before the trip. Currently running the Spec. Purgatory Control 2.2. I find it a little soft in the side wall department. Volume is fine for my home trails. Considering the new Purg. 2.3 if I can find one.

Thanks guys.

TG
    Purgatory Control 2.4s got fired almost immediately upon my arrival, excellent tires for Austin, pure garbage for AZ. Minion DHF 2.5 are excellent here as a rear tire.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

MC MasterShake

Thanks guys.

TG
    Gonna stick with my 2.4 Ardents front and rear. They did pretty well out in Moab/Fruita/G.J.

Knollician

Thanks guys.

TG
    I am tough on tires, and find that any rear tire under 900grams is not worth looking at. The rides we will be doing are not easy on tires. You will be pinging off granite boulders that are very sharp. You might be able to get away with a control casing, but would suggest the GRID. I have been running the new Purgatory 2.3 GRID with success My last 2 rides however resulted in major punctures that required a tube. Tubes are difficult for me as I need to run higher pressure to avoid pinching. The higher pressure only makes controlling the bike that much harder.

In general terms, you will want a sticky tire up front, something like Maxxis 3C EXO, Specy Butcher, Continental Black Chilli, Schwalbe Trailstar, etc. I typically run a dual compound on the rear to aid in off camber traction. Something in the 40-60 durometer range would be optimal front and rear. Continental Trail Kings have been reported to be a good option, and Pricepoint has good deals on the UST models. I highly recommend sealant of some type as well.

All of our rides will include lots of granite and sand, and sand over granite, so traction is at a premium here. I would not hesitate to choose a heavier and stickier tire for the trip as the climbs will not be blazing by any stretch, and the fun here is cleaning the tech moves. Hard compound tires just don't work well.
    Last edited by tiSS'er; 11-19-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast