Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 215
  1. #151
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    I just cut right to the chase:

    Maxxis Minion 2.5 dual ply DH casing wire bead 3C @ 1300g a piece. Run them tubeless.

    If I get a flat, it means I've been in a knife fight.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  2. #152
    Yebo Numzaan
    Reputation: Muttonchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    775
    word!
    I support EMBA

  3. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bionicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    517
    I'm in on Sunday only probably make the drive down Saturday eve.
    Tisser please pm me the coordinates or directions to the trail head for Sunday morning & some kind of contact info.
    Look forward to riding with everyone & seeing other knolly builds!

  4. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    I just cut right to the chase:

    Maxxis Minion 2.5 dual ply DH casing wire bead 3C @ 1300g a piece. Run them tubeless.

    If I get a flat, it means I've been in a knife fight.
    I have a couple DHF and a DHR in 2.5

    I was planning on running the Hans Dampf. Not sure how it will hold up to lots of rocks though. Would you suggest the 2.5 DHF Sticky over the Hans Dampf? (tubeless on Stans flow)

    On another note, last 3 weeks I have been injured. Mostly flesh wounds, but to my hands, so have not been able to ride. So much for getting in shape There, I got my excuse out of the way. Whew, that was close!
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Montana, Idaho, South Africa

  5. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    I just cut right to the chase:

    Maxxis Minion 2.5 dual ply DH casing wire bead 3C @ 1300g a piece. Run them tubeless.

    If I get a flat, it means I've been in a knife fight.
    Wow. Throwing the guantlet down, eh? I can do DH tires if others are doing it. I guess if it's not a hammerfest to the top so who gives an F? I'll bring both and see what happens. Is there an air compressor available?

  6. #156
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak View Post
    Wow. Throwing the guantlet down, eh? I can do DH tires if others are doing it. I guess if it's not a hammerfest to the top so who gives an F? I'll bring both and see what happens. Is there an air compressor available?
    DH tires are not needed. You guys should be fine running a heavier single ply tire like the Hans. If you are running a 600 gram tire...good luck, we'll be waiting for you at the car.

    I do have an air compressor.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  7. #157
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman View Post
    I'm in on Sunday only probably make the drive down Saturday eve.
    Tisser please pm me the coordinates or directions to the trail head for Sunday morning & some kind of contact info.
    Look forward to riding with everyone & seeing other knolly builds!
    Where are you coming from? I would highly suggest being here for Saturday's ride if possible. Sunday will be a fun ride...but Saturday is THE day. I expect everyone will be toast by Sunday.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  8. #158
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    I have a couple DHF and a DHR in 2.5

    I was planning on running the Hans Dampf. Not sure how it will hold up to lots of rocks though. Would you suggest the 2.5 DHF Sticky over the Hans Dampf? (tubeless on Stans flow)

    On another note, last 3 weeks I have been injured. Mostly flesh wounds, but to my hands, so have not been able to ride. So much for getting in shape There, I got my excuse out of the way. Whew, that was close!
    I'm fat so....

    I like the pre-built excuse
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  9. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bionicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    517
    Saturday I'm riding in Kingman,AZ playing tour guide to a couple of northerners -
    I will be toast too after Saturday....
    I'm in on the fun ride

    whew I got my excuse out of the way too for being slow

  10. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,973
    sh1t, you guys took all the good excuses. Looks like I'll just have to admit to being slow because I am slow... haha.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  11. #161
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    sh1t, you guys took all the good excuses. Looks like I'll just have to admit to being slow because I am slow... haha.
    I'm sure everyone is just sand bagging....well...maybe not me.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  12. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    sh1t, you guys took all the good excuses. Looks like I'll just have to admit to being slow because I am slow... haha.
    No, no. I didn't hear anybody take the "my bike is too heavy" excuse which is the one I'm going with.

    Still pedaling the old DT at 40 lbs. It's a good climber. But it ain't fast.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  13. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    664
    I'm going to use "I'm Old, fat and slow".
    But got a great bike!

  14. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bullit_cn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,879
    Don't worry about being slow,
    They will surely wait for your on the next hill anyways
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

  15. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,178
    Jebus I want to buy a Knolly just to get in on this ride!

  16. #166
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    11 days and counting....

    For those staying with me...beer run complete.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  17. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    11 days and counting....

    For those staying with me...beer run complete.
    Is Dusty bringing the single malt? I think we should all have a shot/sip of the good stuff in tribute to the man behind the bike. Perhaps we could do it kinda like the Guinness toast. Where folks around the world, at the same moment, raise their glasses in solidarity to something bigger than themselves, bigger even than a bike, or bike company, something more akin to a philosophy of living. Something that we all, to a greater or lesser extent, hold closely to our hearts and minds.

    To Noel,

    /cheers

    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Montana, Idaho, South Africa

  18. #168
    si vis pacem...
    Reputation: Parabellum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    155
    Damn I wish I could come to this. Next time (assuming there is a next time - I certainly hope there will be) lets try and plan it a little further out so us working stiffs can save a few AV days for it instead of burning them all on trips to Whistler.

    Better yet - how about a "Knollfest North" where WE take the party to Whistler? Between the bike park and the valley trails - and Squamish and Pemberton both a short drive away (<45 min) - there's enough world-class riding to satisfy the gravity goons and the AM crowd.

    Maybe I'm a little premature worrying about Knollfest 2013 when the 2012 one hasn't even happened yet, but this thread is killing me and dammit I'm not missing the next one. Never too early to start planning ahead.....

  19. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
    Damn I wish I could come to this. Next time (assuming there is a next time - I certainly hope there will be) lets try and plan it a little further out so us working stiffs can save a few AV days for it instead of burning them all on trips to Whistler.

    Better yet - how about a "Knollfest North" where WE take the party to Whistler? Between the bike park and the valley trails - and Squamish and Pemberton both a short drive away (<45 min) - there's enough world-class riding to satisfy the gravity goons and the AM crowd.

    Maybe I'm a little premature worrying about Knollfest 2013 when the 2012 one hasn't even happened yet, but this thread is killing me and dammit I'm not missing the next one. Never too early to start planning ahead.....
    Yes! I think a Knollfest in the land of its nativity would be awesome. Let's do it.

    Getting excited for the Knollfest South. With all the climbing involved, I'm tempted to just bring the 5 Spot and suffer the scorn.

    Maybe I'll switch some parts around to lighten up the Del T..... or maybe I'll just keep it like it is and whine (on the ups).
    Last edited by KRob; 11-27-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  20. #170
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post


    Yes! I think a Knollfest in the land of its nativity would be awesome. Let's do it.

    Getting excited for the Knollfest South. With all the climbing involved, I'm tempted to just bring the 5 Spot and suffer the scorn.

    Maybe I'll switch some parts around to lighten up the Del T..... or maybe I'll just keep it like it is and whine (on the ups).
    Don't you be comin' here all up in your Turner....I'll punch you square in the face. The ups will be moderately paced at best with the numbers we have.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  21. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Don't you be comin' here all up in your Turner....I'll punch you square in the face. The ups will be moderately paced at best with the numbers we have.
    At first I thought the threat was " I'll punch a square in your face." I think that is a better threat.

    and KRob, why you gotta be like that?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  22. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    261
    I'll have a a few bottles of wiskey and tequila floating around my van. Just need Kevin to supply some Knolly shot glasses!
    Also, I'll be on my chilly, but since my girlfriend will be doing an art show, her small chilly would be available for anyone. And if anyone is interested in the Endo, we'll have a small and medium to throw a leg over.
    Cheers

  23. #173
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    I'll have a a few bottles of wiskey and tequila floating around my van. Just need Kevin to supply some Knolly shot glasses!
    Also, I'll be on my chilly, but since my girlfriend will be doing an art show, her small chilly would be available for anyone. And if anyone is interested in the Endo, we'll have a small and medium to throw a leg over.
    Cheers
    I can't wait for everyone to see your cool helmet!
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  24. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nybike1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,875
    Bummed to have to miss this but work will get in the way that weekend. I just got back from a week of riding in Sedona and conditions couldn't be better. Have fun and post pictures!

  25. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    261
    Yeah Kevin, us country folks aren't well versed is colored bandana's around large populations. Thinking something neutral like green. Any help?
    Gonna get a few laps in on this "goat camp" so I aint the newbie. Gonna give it a shot on the Endo with pinner tires first to see if ut warrants the chilly.
    Ps- I've had more than my share of whiskey tonight

  26. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,222
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Don't you be comin' here all up in your Turner....I'll punch you square in the face. The ups will be moderately paced at best with the numbers we have.
    Ha ha. That sounds like more than scorn. I better leave the Spot at home and start pedaling the big DT more.

    Delirium T all the way, baby.. Of course you know I was just kidding about that Spot thing, right?
    Last edited by KRob; 11-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  27. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tiggerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    419
    It Is looking like I can make it down. Work is starting to free up. Looking forward to seeing some faces with all the names. I will be packing the Both Endorphin Old an New.
    " They May forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them Feel"
    Carl. W. Buechner

  28. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,222
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerider View Post
    It Is looking like I can make it down. Work is starting to free up. Looking forward to seeing some faces with all the names. I will be packing the Both Endorphin Old an New.
    That's awesome Kevin. It'll be good to see you again.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  29. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    664
    So what is the head count for the fest now?

  30. #180
    Yebo Numzaan
    Reputation: Muttonchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    775

    stoke factor ready to go thru the roof

    After some early fall rain and mild depression...trails and life in general is pretty good in the PNW.

    my stoke factor is super high right now...cant imagine what its going to be like after KFEST in Arizoona.

    Anybody else getting excited?

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/davemutton/8221779176/" title="Awesome by davemutton, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8221779176_fe124217b3.jpg" width="500" height="351" alt="Awesome"></a>
    I support EMBA

  31. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    After some early fall rain and mild depression...trails and life in general is pretty good in the PNW.

    my stoke factor is super high right now...cant imagine what its going to be like after KFEST in Arizoona.

    Anybody else getting excited?
    Awesome pic!

    I am honestly trying not to think about it too much. I have a lot of work to punch out before then. But it is going to be nice, especially considering two weeks after my PHX trip I'll be driving to Illinois .
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  32. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    After some early fall rain and mild depression...trails and life in general is pretty good in the PNW.

    my stoke factor is super high right now...cant imagine what its going to be like after KFEST in Arizoona.

    Anybody else getting excited?

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/davemutton/8221779176/" title="Awesome by davemutton, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8221779176_fe124217b3.jpg" width="500" height="351" alt="Awesome"></a>
    Sooo pumped! As I prepare for my 20 degree night ride that's launching in about an hour...

  33. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    261
    just rode Goat Camp today! you guys are in for a nice treat. amazing climb up mesquite trail, rough and steep at the beginining but smooths out and mellow climbing for a few miles to the top. and then the DESCENT! holy crap batman, its a humbling trip. I was able to ride 75-80% of it but is an endless mental battle, there is no let up to it what so ever. cant wait to see some of you with a few more runs down it, hit it and show me some lines.
    also rode geronimo yesterday and liked it alot. its a high speed xc track compared to Goat camp.
    and by the way. the chilcotin might just be the best bike ever!
    gonna be awesome to put some faces with all these names, dont think anyone will be disappointed in trail selection. Thanks Tisser, its gonna be awesome

  34. #184
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    just rode Goat Camp today! you guys are in for a nice treat. amazing climb up mesquite trail, rough and steep at the beginining but smooths out and mellow climbing for a few miles to the top. and then the DESCENT! holy crap batman, its a humbling trip. I was able to ride 75-80% of it but is an endless mental battle, there is no let up to it what so ever. cant wait to see some of you with a few more runs down it, hit it and show me some lines.
    also rode geronimo yesterday and liked it alot. its a high speed xc track compared to Goat camp.
    and by the way. the chilcotin might just be the best bike ever!
    gonna be awesome to put some faces with all these names, dont think anyone will be disappointed in trail selection. Thanks Tisser, its gonna be awesome
    Goat Camp can be humbling, certainly a tiring 3.5 miles. Wait until we hit Cochise Friday morning!
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  35. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    After some early fall rain and mild depression...trails and life in general is pretty good in the PNW.

    my stoke factor is super high right now...cant imagine what its going to be like after KFEST in Arizoona.

    Anybody else getting excited?

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/davemutton/8221779176/" title="Awesome by davemutton, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8221779176_fe124217b3.jpg" width="500" height="351" alt="Awesome"></a>
    Sick pic Mutton.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  36. #186
    mr. wonderful
    Reputation: dirtbag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Goat Camp can be humbling, certainly a tiring 3.5 miles. Wait until we hit Cochise Friday morning!
    Did somebody say Cochise?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phoenix Knollfest-brandon-cochise-2mtbr.jpg  


  37. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thegromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    357
    I might show up, I'm tired of soggy ashland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phoenix Knollfest-img_0728.jpg  

    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

  38. #188
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Weather is looking a bit dicey fellas

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tisser/8238756253/" title="weather2 by tiSS'er, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8061/8238756253_1cf30434b6.jpg" width="491" height="319" alt="weather2"></a>
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  39. #189
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,525
    I am sooo looking forward to this. Will be a nice change from current Seattle weather:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Montana, Idaho, South Africa

  40. #190
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    Bring your wallets, I've got goodies.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  41. #191
    ಠ_ಠ
    Reputation: dulyebr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Bring your wallets, I've got goodies.
    I've got money

  42. #192
    Yebo Numzaan
    Reputation: Muttonchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    775
    I had a great prep ride today....rain, snow, blizzard...frozen. Totally prepared for the desert
    I support EMBA

  43. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thegromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    357
    Am I to late to join in? I dont need housing. I have friends in Scottsdale and a van. Thanks ~ Grom
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

  44. #194
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by thegromit View Post
    Am I to late to join in? I dont need housing. I have friends in Scottsdale and a van. Thanks ~ Grom
    Start driving!
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  45. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,222
    So does this latest list of attendees look accurate?


    So far I have:
    tiSS'er
    Calhoun -
    Rock Dude -
    RDH -
    MuttonChops -
    Dusty -
    dirtbag -
    Ronnie -
    Woodyak -
    KRob
    AZDesertRat (Friday only)
    pfarrell
    tiggerrider
    thegromit
    Dustybottoms + 3

    Who'd I miss (or add that's not going)?

    On the fence:

    ebxtreme
    bionicman
    Last edited by KRob; 12-04-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  46. #196
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    So does this latest list of attendees look accurate?


    So far I have:
    tiSS'er
    Calhoun -
    Rock Dude -
    RDH -
    MuttonChops -
    Dusty -
    dirtbag -
    Ronnie -
    Woodyak -
    KRob
    AZDesertRat (Friday only)
    pfarrell
    tiggerrider
    thegromit

    Who'd I miss (or add that's not going)?

    On the fence:

    ebxtreme
    bionicman
    Dusty +4

    Saturday there are a few other locals that may be joining us for the Goat Camp ride. These include Lawrence, Javi, Rex, and Vic. It's gonna be one hell of a group heading up Goat Camp!

    FYI, there will be a ride change Friday. We will start at 24th Street and climb 24th/Mormon to National, then wait for Dusty and gang, hit Geronimo Cochise. Grab some lunch somewhere and then hit Kiwanis/Holbert after lunch. This will save the morning crew from a 6 mile spin back tot he cars and will put us much closer to the Kiwanis trailhead.

    For anyone who is not rooming with me, please be sure to note the new start location. If you need directions, please let me know.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  47. #197
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Dusty +4

    Saturday there are a few other locals that may be joining us for the Goat Camp ride. These include Lawrence, Javi, Rex, and Vic. It's gonna be one hell of a group heading up Goat Camp!

    FYI, there will be a ride change Friday. We will start at 24th Street and climb 24th/Mormon to National, then wait for Dusty and gang, hit Geronimo Cochise. Grab some lunch somewhere and then hit Kiwanis/Holbert after lunch. This will save the morning crew from a 6 mile spin back tot he cars and will put us much closer to the Kiwanis trailhead.

    For anyone who is not rooming with me, please be sure to note the new start location. If you need directions, please let me know.
    McFee had to bail to Ohio for a family situation, so it's me +3.

    I was going to suggest we finish our ride on Sunday with a descent down Mormon to 24th, but I guess that doesn't close our out and back very effectively? I love that descent.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  48. #198
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    McFee had to bail to Ohio for a family situation, so it's me +3.

    I was going to suggest we finish our ride on Sunday with a descent down Mormon to 24th, but I guess that doesn't close our out and back very effectively? I love that descent.
    Tough call, because dirtbag and I think National to the saddle and back is a must do, for those that have never done it, it is certainly worth the trip.

    Also note, that the 24th street descent will be the most congested piece of trail on the mountain Sunday, seriously taking away from the fun factor. We never ride it anymore since it is so busy.

    National can be busy as well, but it usually is spread out and is rarely an issue.

    Sucks about Matt.. I guess more food and beer for the rest. BTW, I hope everyone likes bacon, we bought 8lbs Fridge is stacked full with food, and the coolers will be setup soon with beer..... 2 days of work to get through!
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  49. #199
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by thegromit View Post
    Am I to late to join in? I dont need housing. I have friends in Scottsdale and a van. Thanks ~ Grom
    Another Knolly....sure. Not sure about the van, but whatever

    PM me if you plan to be over for breakfast Saturday before Goat Camp and I will give you my address. Planning on staying for Dinner Saturday?
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  50. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Dusty +4

    Saturday there are a few other locals that may be joining us for the Goat Camp ride. These include Lawrence, Javi, Rex, and Vic. It's gonna be one hell of a group heading up Goat Camp!

    FYI, there will be a ride change Friday. We will start at 24th Street and climb 24th/Mormon to National, then wait for Dusty and gang, hit Geronimo Cochise. Grab some lunch somewhere and then hit Kiwanis/Holbert after lunch. This will save the morning crew from a 6 mile spin back tot he cars and will put us much closer to the Kiwanis trailhead.

    For anyone who is not rooming with me, please be sure to note the new start location. If you need directions, please let me know.
    "UP" 24th street?!?!?
    breezy shade

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •