Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 215
  1. #51
    Knollician
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    Rad. I am ready to pull the trigger on my flights. Would dig to crash at your spot if possible...but super easy and willing to stay wherever / hotel etc..

    I will be flying in and arrive around 7pm on Thursday and departing around 7:30pm Sunday.Will probably ship my bike direct to your house.

    Questions:

    How far from the airport is your place?
    Do we need to rent a car / catch a cab to your spot?
    Is it worth coordinating our travel as best we can - so we can get to / from the airport and your house?

    Rad - this is coming together pretty quickly.

    Regaring routes...I am happy to follow you wherever you take us bru! Stoked.
    You can stay at my place. I will handle getting people to the airport and back, so no worries there.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    649

    Agh....killing me

    Damn cant make this trip...been off the bike for a month and just had the knee scoped! Too soon for me to swing. Was hopping this was going to a be a Jan/Feb thing.

    Been too long since I did a Somo trip....everyone is going to have a great time! Damn, next time.....
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?
    "The rides to short to not kick against the pricks" M.F.

  3. #53
    Yebo Numzaan
    Reputation: Muttonchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    Damn cant make this trip...been off the bike for a month and just had the knee scoped! Too soon for me to swing. Was hopping this was going to a be a Jan/Feb thing.

    Been too long since I did a Somo trip....everyone is going to have a great time! Damn, next time.....
    Would be good to ride with you again since our random Chilly hook up in Fruita (the first ever unnoficial and unorganized ChillyFest)

    This neednt be the last gathering...if we even end up liking each other and having fun / drinking enough.
    I support EMBA

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,324
    I'm out can't make either of those weekends....have fun guys, should be an awesome trip.

  5. #55
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,324
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Initial route plans are as follows:

    National/Holbert/Kiwanis/National
    Kiwanis/National/Geronimo/Coshise
    Goat Camp

    This will cover much of stuff you guys will want to hit.
    Which days for which rides?

    Up Kiwanis, down Geronimo is a 1/2 day ride, can we extend to: Up Kiwanis, National, off the backside on Old Man's or Corona Loma, around the side on Desert Flatness, up National, down 24th(Mormon) or Geronimo?

    Or we could stick to the short version, and do some shuttle laps after lunch.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Which days for which rides?

    Up Kiwanis, down Geronimo is a 1/2 day ride
    1/2 hour ride? , really that won't take 1/2 day.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

  7. #57
    Knollician
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Which days for which rides?

    Up Kiwanis, down Geronimo is a 1/2 day ride, can we extend to: Up Kiwanis, National, off the backside on Old Man's or Corona Loma, around the side on Desert Flatness, up National, down 24th(Mormon) or Geronimo?

    Or we could stick to the short version, and do some shuttle laps after lunch.
    I think the rides would work in order. The National/Holbert/Kiwanis/National ride is about 22 miles and took our small group about 6 hours. That would be a nice Friday ride Saturday, I planned a shorter ride as I suspect some people may be suffering from the previous ride. And Sunday...well it could hurt in so many ways

    I like your idea for Saturday's ride. We can refill water at the ramadas and eat lunch there and then head out to National/Geronimo/Cochise, and spin back to the cars.

    Just be prepared for serious pain for the Goat Camp climb!
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

  8. #58
    Ich bin ein Knolliner
    Reputation: Skins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    I would prefer 12/6 thru 9.

    Oh wait.... can I come?
    Shotgun!

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,459
    Wow, American is charging twice the baggage fee for a bike than Alaskan. $150 vs $75. I am trying to match the arrival and departure times of Mutton. 7pm arrival on Thursday, and a late departure on Sunday.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Alright, I suggest we stage at my house. Everyone can leave their bikes there, those camping can shower at my place, and we can head out from my house. I think one night we will go to Pinos for dinner, the others we can BBQ at my place or go out, whatever works. I can have a few people (3-4 depending on wife approval - some will need to sleep on air matresses or spoon with others ). I can carry 3 bikes/people, so we will need to work out transportation.

    Who plans on staying at my place? Who would be flying in?

    TiSS'er, it would be cool if I could spoon.. er.. crash at your place. Either that or split a room at one of the hotels you listed.
    I would be flying in, about the same time as Mutton 7pm Thursday. Leaving around the same time as well (Late Sunday, or a red-eye)

    -Ralph
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Thanks!

    BTW, how does one amass a rep power of 30, and all those green dots? Are you over on the 'DIY lights' board complimenting the hell out of everyone? Typing the words 'rep power' makes me think of Dungeons & Dragons. Haha.
    You write really long, boring bike and trip reviews and generally just be nice to people I think.... but honestly I don't know how that works. I think total post count figures in there somehow. What I can't figure out is how folks get 30 rep with only 500-1000 posts. That must take some brown-nosing.

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,985
    I'll be staying with family in Mesa. I can help transport people out to the White Tanks for the GC ride (if we do it Saturday or Friday). I won't be riding Sunday and would really love to do Goat Camp. Maybe Sunday could be the shorter, SoMo "rest day" ride?

    Don't schedule around me though. I'm 50/50 pending spousal approval at this point.

    Sounds like some really fun routes, B. Hope I can make it.

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    642
    It looks like I'll be able to make it.
    Where's a cheap hotel by your house? All I need is a bed, nothing fancy.

  14. #64
    Knollician
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    TiSS'er, it would be cool if I could spoon.. er.. crash at your place. Either that or split a room at one of the hotels you listed.
    I would be flying in, about the same time as Mutton 7pm Thursday. Leaving around the same time as well (Late Sunday, or a red-eye)

    -Ralph
    Shouldn't be a problem. You will likely be on an air mattress, the couch, or recliner.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

  15. #65
    Knollician
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I'll be staying with family in Mesa. I can help transport people out to the White Tanks for the GC ride (if we do it Saturday or Friday). I won't be riding Sunday and would really love to do Goat Camp. Maybe Sunday could be the shorter, SoMo "rest day" ride?

    Don't schedule around me though. I'm 50/50 pending spousal approval at this point.

    Sounds like some really fun routes, B. Hope I can make it.

    You need to be here for the inaugural Knollfest. We can certainly change things around, nothing is set in stone.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

  16. #66
    Knollician
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    It looks like I'll be able to make it.
    Where's a cheap hotel by your house? All I need is a bed, nothing fancy.
    I still have room here is you are OK with the couch or air mattress, otherwise I posted up a link to the Wigwam which is something like $140 a night all in for a 2 bed room. It is about 2 miles from my house.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    I still have room here is you are OK with the couch or air mattress, otherwise I posted up a link to the Wigwam which is something like $140 a night all in for a 2 bed room. It is about 2 miles from my house.
    Couch or air mattress works for me.

  18. #68
    Knollician
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    Couch or air mattress works for me.
    You're in.

    Who has air mattresses they can bring with them? Right now I need 3. So I have 4 people currently staying here. Can probably fit one or 2 more on the floor.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    You're in.

    Who has air mattresses they can bring with them? Right now I need 3. So I have 4 people currently staying here. Can probably fit one or 2 more on the floor.
    I'll bring one.

  20. #70
    mr. wonderful
    Reputation: dirtbag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    You're in.

    Who has air mattresses they can bring with them? Right now I need 3. So I have 4 people currently staying here. Can probably fit one or 2 more on the floor.
    I've got a queen air mattress I can loan you. All the better for spoonin'!

    What happens on Brando's floor, stays on Brando's floor.

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,459
    Pulled the trigger.

    Arrive: Thursday Dec 6th 7:02pm Alaskan Flight 642
    Depart: Sunday Dec 9th 7:55pm Alaskan Flight 635

    Hopefully, those times will be ok. Looking forward to meeting some more Knoller Knuggets
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    642
    Maybe Kevin can dig up some T-shirts for the Knollfest

  23. #73
    Knollician
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    Pulled the trigger.

    Arrive: Thursday Dec 6th 7:02pm Alaskan Flight 642
    Depart: Sunday Dec 9th 7:55pm Alaskan Flight 635

    Hopefully, those times will be ok. Looking forward to meeting some more Knoller Knuggets
    Excellent. Hopefully everyone can get in about the same time. Are you planning to fly with or ship your bike?
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

  24. #74
    Knollician
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    Maybe Kevin can dig up some T-shirts for the Knollfest
    Funny, I was thinking we could do up some jerseys. We'd have to get permission to use the Knolly logo, and I could certainly do better graphics work on the front, this is just a quick sample. Looks like maybe $40-$45 per if we were to order 8 jerseys

    CustomInk Printed Proof
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

  25. #75
    tep
    tep is offline
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Skins View Post
    Shotgun!
    you can take shotgun, I will sit in back with his free-standing shorts
    oldmanjusthavingfunontwowheelsurbandirtandroad

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •