mtbr member

Paid Spam...For Sale...2011 Knolly Delirium (Large)

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    what you getting as a replacement craig ?,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    what you getting as a replacement craig ?,

Huffy Slider Unleashed - YouTube

mtbr member
    Those are cool Jamie. Unfortunately Delirian there is no planned replacement. I've got 4 vertebrae in my neck that have spurs and cause me a huge amount of pain and numbness when aggrevated by riding freeride/dh. The weight of a full face helmet and all the jarring of my head cause the problem. The only surgical option is have the 4 vertebrae fused which I want to avoid if possible. Riding trail and racing XC don't really seem to bother the problem much at this point. I've seen a couple of docs and they both said the same thing. I didnt ride FR/DH all summer and the pain and numbness went away but I was still riding trail and racing XC 4-5 days a week. At the end of the season I entered two DH races and the pain and numbness came back even wearing a sub 900 gram helmet and neck brace. So I am forced to give up this kind of riding or risk a major surgery.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Those are cool Jamie. Unfortunately Delirian there is no planned replacement. I've got 4 vertebrae in my neck that have spurs and cause me a huge amount of pain and numbness when aggrevated by riding freeride/dh. The weight of a full face helmet and all the jarring of my head cause the problem. The only surgical option is have the 4 vertebrae fused which I want to avoid if possible. Riding trail and racing XC don't really seem to bother the problem much at this point. I've seen a couple of docs and they both said the same thing. I didnt ride FR/DH all summer and the pain and numbness went away but I was still riding trail and racing XC 4-5 days a week. At the end of the season I entered two DH races and the pain and numbness came back even wearing a sub 900 gram helmet and neck brace. So I am forced to give up this kind of riding or risk a major surgery.
    That really sucks to hear Craig, good luck with all your riding endeavors going forward.

mtbr member
    I want your frame so terribly. Any chance you'd part it out?

Sorry to hear about the pain. I just had shoulder surgery, and hate to think of anyone going through this crap. It has given me tons of time to think about frames, since I won't be riding until June now. I'd settled on the Guapo, then switched to the Canfield One, but the down time spawned further evaluation. Canfield One wheelbase is DH long, and I've also just admitted that I'm a fan of fully active suspension. It's Chilcotin, or Delirium. Considering waiting to see when the new Delirium is released, but a good deal on a 2011 frame is also tempting.

mtbr member
    Yeah, it sucks. I love freeridng but it was either continue riding FR and see what happens, or give it up and be able to trail ride into my 50's, so I went the safe route. If I dont get any offers by end of the week, I will consider parting it out. I had a guy on PB interested in the frame only. Hit me up at the end of the week if its still listed.

mtbr member
    Better to be able to ride at all, right? I don't know if I'll be more daring, or more cautious, once the shoulder has fully healed. I screwed it up during a college football game, back in 2000. It's been needing attention for 12 years, so it'll be cool just to have a shoulder without pain. But yeah, I'll hit you this week, if it's still listed. Thanks Craig.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post

ha ha ha ha.
    jamie, i could just see craig boosting 40 footers and hitting 30 foot drops on one of them, lol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

gutted to hear that craig,,,, i wouldnt want surgery either, last thing you want to be foookin about with is the discs in the back/neck. way to many risks and not even guranteed to solve the problem.
    at least you can still get your shred on , on the xc bike. you could always move over to enduro, that seems to be all the rage at the mo.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. Yeah I dont want to mess with any type of neck/back surgery, it could leave me unable to ride at all. I will still be racing the Sierra Cup XC and Super D series as well as all the local thursday night xc races. I'm even thinking about hitting a few of the Oregon Super D races.

mtbr member

Very Sad!

I'm sad to see my inspiration for the "big stuff" retiring. I wouldn't be hitting the "big stuff" nor riding as aggressive as I do if it were not for you buddy. Stay healthy and keep the rubber side down.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member

Awe shucks....

Thanks Dom, that means a lot to me. I am in no way retiring from riding, they will have to pry my trail bike out of my hands when they put me in a rest home, I just wont be doing the big stuff anymore. But I plan on doing a lot of this:

BM from Kendall on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    I'm even thinking about hitting a few of the Oregon Super D races.
    .....and at least one enduro, right? Still coming out for the Fears Tears and Beers Enduro? Good times and you've got a place to stay if you do.

I'm tempted by the Delirium.... but still feel like the Chili fits my riding and skillset better.

mtbr member

Thats the plan...

Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    .....and at least one enduro, right? Still coming out for the Fears Tears and Beers Enduro? Good times and you've got a place to stay if you do.

I'm tempted by the Delirium.... but still feel like the Chili fits my riding and skillset better.
    Krob...what are the dates for 2013?

mtbr member
    Krob...what are the dates for 2013?
    Should be June 9

mtbr member

Exactly my situation. Being 220+ pounds makes me feel that the Delirium might be the safer choice, with less pedaling efficiency being the only true issue. Especially with the next gen Delirium expected to shed more weight, total build weight differences between the Chilly and D should be a non-factor. I just don't wanna wait for the D to be released, haha. We'll see.

mtbr member

Exactly my situation. Being 220+ pounds makes makes me feel that the Delirium might be the safer choice, with less pedaling efficiency being the only true issue. Especially with the next gen Delirium expected to shed more weight, total build weight differences between the Chilly and D should be a non-factor. I just don't wanna wait for the D to be released, haha. We'll see.

mtbr member
    I don't have spurs in my neck but I do have arthritis and have a tough time with the heavy lids and rough riding as well with headaches and numbness in my hands (although my hands have that almost all the time now).
    I've done the same shift you are doing and love it since I'm really a trail guy at heart anyway and enjoy the adventure side of riding versus the adrenaline rush of DH & FR. My main focus these days is on the plushest fork I can lay my hands on!

Enjoy the new chapter in your riding!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic Skeptic View Post
    Especially with the next gen Delirium expected to shed more weight, total build weight differences between the Chilly and D should be a non-factor. I just don't wanna wait for the D to be released, haha. We'll see.
    if you are leaning toward the delirium, you better jump on this one cause its going to be quite a while before there is a NEW delirium. by the sounds of it, a new delirium is way down the priority list for Knolly.....and there is nothing wrong with the current version as long as you can find one.

mtbr member
    Yeah, guys...somebody buy this thing! Ive got a carbon Titus Rockstar 29 coming and need to start buying parts! I'm willing to part it out.

mtbr member
    PRICE REDUCTION! She has got to go! $2800 takes it or $1900 for the frame/fork/headset/stem combo. Fork was just rebuilt by Garageworks with new lowers and all new o-rings and seals and includes the full range of springs. Drivetrain has 5 rides on it!