Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Arrrgggghhh!!

OMG I cracked my Endorphin!

No biggie.

Since It seems there has been very little occasion for folks on this board to test the Knolly warranty out I figured I'd give a little feedback that probably reinforces what we all assume.

I've had my endo for just over a year, took it in to Redsone Cyclery to get an annual expert tune and Dave had some bad news. A year ago I had brought in my Azonic frame and he found a crack, the perfect excuse for a Knolly upgrade. He found another this time around near the drive side chain stay. Just developing, but definitely a crack.

Dave sends me a photo, I forward that to Larry at Mountain High on Friday. New part in the mail to me Monday, arrived a week later. I'm going up to Larry's shop later this week for a swap out. Riding days missed = 0; turn around time = 7 biz days. This went as perfectly as I could imagine. I probably could have gotten the part faster but since I'm still riding and I didn't have any knarly tech on the menu I didn't bother to ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OMG I cracked my Endorphin!-p1011462.jpg  

OMG I cracked my Endorphin!-p1011463.jpg  

Give 'da people 'da air.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Nice turnaround. Hope you came in with a cold 6-pack of good stuff when you picked up the bike.

I have busted 3 frames in my life, none was a quick turn (but the last one was the reason to switch to an endo.)
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

Knollician
    Thanks for sharing. I will be keeping an eye on mine since I can break anything. Good to hear you had a good experience and no down time.

That response is about as good as any I have had from Turner (known for their excellent CS and it is).

My biggest concern with my Endo is the seat tube/top tube junction. It just seems like a gusset should be there.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

MC MasterShake
    Wow! With a crack like that you're lucky you didn't get hurt
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    My biggest concern with my Endo is the seat tube/top tube junction. It just seems like a gusset should be there.
    I always had the same feeling about this but it does'nt seem to be a problem until now?

Arrrgggghhh!!
    For any comments worrying about their Endo, please keep in mind that I'm a big guy (230 in my b-day suit), I ride hard, and I've cracked almost every frame I've owned. I don't think that this is a knock on the quality of the Endo, more of a praise for the customer service.

This is my do it all bike and might be on the newer DT if it existed a year ago as the older DT was just a bit too burly for me to use as a one bike, so the Endo fit my needs better at the time (not that I have any regrets).

(BTW the crack is much bigger on the chainring side but it didn't lend itself well to photography)
    Give 'da people 'da air.

locked - time out
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_bike
    Nice turnaround. Hope you came in with a cold 6-pack of good stuff when you picked up the bike.

I have busted 3 frames in my life, none was a quick turn (but the last one was the reason to switch to an endo.)
    Yes, because all bike shop employees are drinkers.

I asked a shop once, and he said he DETESTS when people come around with packs of beer, and how sometimes he has to stack them up because people keep bringing them, and how he feels insulted that first, they think he can be paid/bought with alcohol, that he is an alcoholic, and that he does his work for free, and just wants beer.

I hope bike shops start dropping the hammer on idiots that think everyone in a bike shop is a drunk and can be bought off with beer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glitz

I asked a shop once, and he said he DETESTS when people come around with packs of beer, and how sometimes he has to stack them up because people keep bringing them, and how he feels insulted that first, they think he can be paid/bought with alcohol, that he is an alcoholic, and that he does his work for free, and just wants beer.

I hope bike shops start dropping the hammer on idiots that think everyone in a bike shop is a drunk and can be bought off with beer.
    As opposed to swinging a hammer at idiots who think that was all worth typing out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    ...and since I read these things from the bottom up...Knolly might benefit from seeing those photos, but in their email inbox, not here.

Is that Bill rated?
    Oh come on. It's not the beer, it's the 'I brought you something that I would be perfectly happy to keep for myself' attitude that comes along with it. People show up with a coffee for me (I hate coffee) and it is still appreciated because of the gesture. Nothing that anyone has ever brought into a shop that I was in was 'payment' it was 'appreciation.' Sounds to me like that shop tech was a little over sensitive and misconstruing polite behaviour. I wonder if he gets angry when people say thank you.
    Well, it was a good try.

locked - time out
    Jan 2010
    No, probably not, but he probably gets pissed when he wants to earn money for his work and people keep trying to pass off beers for it.

Maybe he was also a recovering alcoholic? That's a far reach from "oversensitive" behavior.

mtbr member

So you found the one tard that is offended by beer.

Keep bringing beer, kids. It is almost always appreciated. It doesn't end there. Hook up the right crew at Whistler and you will get VIP service for life.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

Arrrgggghhh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr
    ...and since I read these things from the bottom up...Knolly might benefit from seeing those photos, but in their email inbox, not here.
    I disagree. Should I sweep it under the rug? The frame cracked, that's a fact. Nothing is perfect all the time and the company's response is what I deem as important. I give Knolly a AAA rating. I've seen many posts where people were concerned about buying a Knolly because it doesn't have a lifetime warranty and so few CS data points to measure the company against. I'm providing a data point, and a good one at that.

Does anyone think that the Endo is a bad design and something you need to baby for fear of breaking the frame? I don't, and I cracked one. I plan to ride it just as hard in the future and won't worry a bit.
    Give 'da people 'da air.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BBOC
    I disagree. Should I sweep it under the rug? The frame cracked, that's a fact. Nothing is perfect all the time and the company's response is what I deem as important. I give Knolly a AAA rating. I've seen many posts where people were concerned about buying a Knolly because it doesn't have a lifetime warranty and so few CS data points to measure the company against. I'm providing a data point, and a good one at that.

Does anyone think that the Endo is a bad design and something you need to baby for fear of breaking the frame? I don't, and I cracked one. I plan to ride it just as hard in the future and won't worry a bit.
    Well I disagree with the notion that failing to post photographs of one's cracked, or broken, frame online qualifies as sweeping it under the rug.

Arrrgggghhh!!
    I considered not posting anything, but ultimately I figured this was a positive post. If Knolly wants me to pull the pictures, or even the thread, I'd be happy to. I know they monitor the board, and I'm just a private message away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr
    Well I disagree with the notion that failing to post photographs of one's cracked, or broken, frame online qualifies as sweeping it under the rug.
    Give 'da people 'da air.

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by BBOC
    I considered not posting anything, but ultimately I figured this was a positive post. If Knolly wants me to pull the pictures, or even the thread, I'd be happy to. I know they monitor the board, and I'm just a private message away.
    Bikes are bikes and are taken into rough places to be abused. No matter how strong or weak a bike is, some will break. I think it's important to know how Knolly support for users is, and I think this is a good post.

MC MasterShake

X2

Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Bikes are bikes and are taken into rough places to be abused. No matter how strong or weak a bike is, some will break. I think it's important to know how Knolly support for users is, and I think this is a good post.
    I agree. Everything breaks eventually. Just because it has a big K on it doesn't make it immune to the laws of physics. Nothing wrong with the occasional kill shot, especially when their CS gets a rave review. That's what really matters anyway.
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

Delirious Tuck
    I'm a couple #s more than BOC, 25 to be precise. I break bikes, and I break em quick. I'm giving my sultan till September before I see something and I bought it a month and a half ago. Don't do it on purpose, I just like pushing myself whenever I feel like it and build my bikes for the purpose of riding them like that, I've learned that CS is more important to me than price.

I have had experience with Knolly CS and they were stupid awesome in helping me out, and quickly. I'm dealing with Intense right now and all I have to say is that in the time since I started the discussion to sending the part in that needs replaced Knolly had me set up and riding again. No more intense for this guy.

I'll be getting a Delirium next year to upgrade the DT I've been on since '08. And probably another vtach or a podium for DH.

(edit... I don't trash wheels which is odd...)

crashes in parkinglot
    [QUOTE=BBOC]No biggie.
    QUOTE]
    I read the title, and thought for sure the conclusion was going to be you were gonna get a DT.

Glad everything worked out for you, Dave, Larry and Knolly, all upstanding people in the bike industry.
    Down is the new up.

Arrrgggghhh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    I read the title, and thought for sure the conclusion was going to be you were gonna get a DT.
    If it was a crash replacement I would be seriously considering the new Delerium, but this is much more pocketbook freindly.

I actually found this out after seeing you at Hall, took the bike to Dave right after that ride.
    Give 'da people 'da air.

Perpetual Hack
    Old public news, but I broke my first DT - an 07
    Knolly had a new frame to me; BC to Ontario and I was up and running in a week. No LBS involved. I called, they sent new frame, I stripped old / build new, put old frame in box and returned. Simple, Painless, Fast and GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Knolly CS rocks.

michael

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

worst. post. evAr.
    ride fast...take chances...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I guess I spoke too soon. On the ride today someone pointed out that my thomson stem had a cracked faceplate. I said that's no big deal (I have couple more sitting in the garage.)

Then I was telling another knolly rider about this post. When I went to show him where it was, I saw this:

Exact same place. He checked his and there is a bump there, he couldn't tell if his was a crack. Mine definitely is.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Yep, other guy on the ride had a crack on his too. Luckily they were different colors so I won't have to worry about him stealing my replacement.

Meh
    Yeah, sad day...but I'll take a black one.. j/k

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast