Knollician

NON-LEV Dropper cable routing

Can you guys post photos of the cable routing on your non-LEV posts? I am looking at either a Thomson or Reverb but not sure how to run the cables without making a mess. Any help is much appreciated.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    If nobody posts anything by the weekend I will uninstall my LEV and re-install my i950 for some pics.

I had it setup so the cable wend down the front of the post / seattube and it never really interfered with the 4x4 linkage - but I could occasionally feel the excess loop tickle the inside of my leg.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    If nobody posts anything by the weekend I will uninstall my LEV and re-install my i950 for some pics.

I had it setup so the cable wend down the front of the post / seattube and it never really interfered with the 4x4 linkage - but I could occasionally feel the excess loop tickle the inside of my leg.
    Thanks, no need to go out of your way to post those, that is a total PITA. I have some ideas, but the 4x4 makes routing a bit more difficult than some other frames. I may run it down the downtube with the brake cable and then straight up the seattube. That way the loop would be lower on the frame near the BB and would look clean. I am just having issues figuring out how to use the existing guides on the top tube without issue.

Another thought I have is to locate a solid plastic tube, just slightly larger than the cable housing. Attach this housing to the guides on the top tube. I could then run the housing through the tube, and the excess loop would exit at the front of the bike. It would be a bit tricky and I couldn't have any binding.

I'm a stickler for good cable routing, and cable rub drives me nuts.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight