mtbr member
    May 2005

New Podium soon to be

My bike finally gave in; my Foes Fly (2006) gave out after 7 years on the Shore. Wanting to replace only the frame, the Podium was the only choice for my parts and fork (Monster T). I refuse to part with the fork.

Mine is black ano, will come with a CCDB and Ti spring. I will get around to upgrading the parts as I can but my Hope Mono 6ti brakes, Hadley hubs and Bonz cranks all are serving me well.

I can't wait to try it out, in truth. Might be more slack than what I am use to but to get a bike that is different from my Curnutt is making me anxious with anticipation. Not the financial outlay I wanted but I see it as an investment, not a cost.

Glad the wife agrees. Actually, she has no say......

And I had wanted a Knolly for some time. I would of bought a V tach 2 years ago..... they discontinued the frame. Maybe the Podium is for me. The frame in the "flesh" is so sexy and cool. Strange how timing and things happen. Almost like it was meant to be.....

Very much looking forward to the CCDB. This is going to be a good summer.

Knomer
    I rode a Foes Fly back in 2003:

And yes, you will enjoy the angles and performance of the Podium, as it transforms you into a much faster rider. Keep us posted!
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I am pretty sure the ride will be different. The angles are more slack and the wheelbase more stretched, but the Fly was, frankly, the ultimate NS freeride bike, bar none.

Going back to a single ring up front means one thing: more exercise. I have heard (seen) a single 32 up front with an 11 gear 42 in the rear... I might look into this...

I am going to N Van today to get some small things: chain, steerer star nut, cables etc... Perhaps a good thing; now I can get new cranks and chain guide later, since the gear I have has held good for a long time.