Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Just got my POC Trabec. Blue/light blue size M/L. I like the way it fits and looks but having second thoughts about the color. I wanted something other than black this time. I guess I'll get used to it.

The sizing is true but I failed to look at what M/L size actually is: 55-58cm. My noggin is about 59cm so its a bit snug but fits OK with the adjustment band dialed out most of the way. However it won't fit with my head/band and skull cap on that I wear for winter riding so haven't had a chance to wear it on tha ride yet.
    That's how I ended up with the XL/XXL

I wish there was a 'tweener size for this helmet. Although I love the fit, without the adjustment band dialed pretty far in, my head would swim.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    That's how I ended up with the XL/XXL

I wish there was a 'tweener size for this helmet. Although I love the fit, without the adjustment band dialed pretty far in, my head would swim.
    Yeah, I don't think I would've liked the XL/XXL if I had to cinch it down all the way to keep it snug on my head so I'm OK with it being on the edge of too small (other than there not being enough extra room for headbands and/or skull caps).

I bought a Large Giro Xen a few years ago that was like that and I ended up selling it.
    Last edited by KRob; 11-14-2012 at 03:59 PM.

mtbr member
    So I took the Trabec out for a spin the other day. First thing I notice is that it is bulbous. This looks huge on my knoggin and I went with the smaller size. Maybe that's where the extra protection factors in. I even grazed my head on an overhanging branch that I've never brushed in 10 years riding this trail with other helmets. It has a really high profile (on my head). One of the things I do like about the Feature is it's low, slim profile. It's also one of the reasons I'm suspicious of its protection ability.

I was going to say I don't notice the color of a helmet when I'm riding but this one sits low enough that I can see the visor while riding. No biggy.... but I'm still not keen on the color. My son saw me when I got home and said, "What is that on your head?? It looks like something you got at Toys R Us."

Looks and snide comments asside, it does feel comfortable and feels secure on my head even without cinching down the chin strap to "choke" levels. Although I did notice it scooting up off my head a bit duriing the ride but I think that may have been due to the thin polypro skull cap I had crammed it on over.

I was going to send it back for a different color (maybe light green AKA flo-yellow) but it looked like they were out of everything but blue/light blue. I have an e-mail in to CC but they haven't responded yet.

For now it's boxed up and ready to ship back and I've been wearing the Feature until I decide whether or not to keep it.

RideDirt
    Just picked up an Endur O matic and it feels great ! Love it , and feels super light .. Doesn't look weird or stupid either .

si vis pacem...
    I looked at the POC Trabec this summer when I had to replace my Giro after getting up close & personal with a certain trail on Cypress Mountain. The fit of the Trabec was outstanding, but I just couldn't get past the shape. Seriously, it made me feel like a bobblehead. I tried all the usual "function over fashion" arguments but at the end of the day it still felt like I was wearing an inch-thick salad bowl on my head. I ended up getting a Fox Flux and it's not as comfortable as the POC but it's been great. It still offers a lot more protection than my old Giro did, and I have a full face for the really gnarly stuff anyway.

fat & decripit old guy
    Mar 2011
    I will admit that I am not much of a fan of the POC "pastell" colors.
    I chose the black one & for me the fit is great. For some it might not fit as well.
    One thing that I will say about Paraballum's thick salad bowl look is I can say (from experience) that the thickness of the POC WILL absorb an impact better than a Giro or Bell, have not tried Fox.
    With how hard that the average Chilli owner rides, the extra protection is worth it.

mtbr member
    I've had my POC Trabec for about 3 months now and yes it is a big helmet but it fits like a glove and I'm sure it will do a great job on protecting my head. I'm so impressed with the POC product that I just picked up there elbow and knee pads. Now I'm a Knolly POC dude.

fat & decripit old guy
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    I've had my POC Trabec for about 3 months now and yes it is a big helmet but it fits like a glove and I'm sure it will do a great job on protecting my head. I'm so impressed with the POC product that I just picked up there elbow and knee pads. Now I'm a Knolly POC dude.
    You POC'n like your Knolly?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by material guy View Post
    You POC'n like your Knolly?
    I don't even know wtf that means, but i think the answer is yes. I also have elbows, knees and Trabec. I am thinking this next DH season that I might upgrade my 661 Core Saver to the POC Spine VPD.

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    I have been running a POC Trabec Race MIPS for a few months. Best fitting helmet I have owned. Bought it after a major impact on my Giro that resulted in a moderate concussion. Unfortunately I had the opportunity to test my POC a few months later. It was an even harder impact than my Giro (GPS said I was doing 20 mph and my bike came to a complete stop in less than 2') directly on my head and shoulder. Result was a dislocated shoulder and blown disk in my neck, but NO concussion. Sold me on the POC/MIPS for life. Now waiting for them to come back in stock.

Greystoke
    So I took the Trabec out for a spin the other day. First thing I notice is that it is bulbous. This looks huge on my knoggin and I went with the smaller size. Maybe that's where the extra protection factors in. I even grazed my head on an overhanging branch that I've never brushed in 10 years riding this trail with other helmets. It has a really high profile (on my head). One of the things I do like about the Feature is it's low, slim profile. It's also one of the reasons I'm suspicious of its protection ability.

I was going to say I don't notice the color of a helmet when I'm riding but this one sits low enough that I can see the visor while riding. No biggy.... but I'm still not keen on the color. My son saw me when I got home and said, "What is that on your head?? It looks like something you got at Toys R Us."

Looks and snide comments asside, it does feel comfortable and feels secure on my head even without cinching down the chin strap to "choke" levels. Although I did notice it scooting up off my head a bit duriing the ride but I think that may have been due to the thin polypro skull cap I had crammed it on over.

I was going to send it back for a different color (maybe light green AKA flo-yellow) but it looked like they were out of everything but blue/light blue. I have an e-mail in to CC but they haven't responded yet.

For now it's boxed up and ready to ship back and I've been wearing the Feature until I decide whether or not to keep it.
    KRob, your head at 59 is about the same size as mine.
    I have the Giro Feature in size large(59 /63), which was a reasonable fit but had become a little too large with wear. I've was thinking of changing to an M for some time but never did.

Anyhow today I took a fall on a down hill run, landed on my head , plowed up some dirt until a tree base stopped all the momentum.
    The helmet being a bit loose pushed my glasses down onto my nose, the glasses probably kept the helmet in place.
    Overall I can't see any visual helmet damage inside or out but I will let it retire to the bin. However my neck is a little worse for wear not quite as it was but OK.

So now I'm thinking of a Poc Trabec if I go with the Trabec it will be ordered online , no one has them in my neck of the woods( a gamble I know, but they sound like they may offer better protection).
    Are the Trabecs also prone to loosen up over time?
    I don't want to get the XL(59/62) only to find I have a lid too loose in six months time, or suffer with ML( 55/58) being dam tight.
    By the way what is the size of your Feature?
    Thanks for any input.

With regards to the to MIPS is it some thing that will cause the helmet to move around on your head a little more?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geo025 View Post
    KRob, your head at 59 is about the same size as mine.
    I have the Giro Feature in size large(59 /63), which was a reasonable fit but had become a little too large with wear. I've was thinking of changing to an M for some time but never did.

Anyhow today I took a fall on a down hill run, landed on my head , plowed up some dirt until a tree base stopped all the momentum.
    The helmet being a bit loose pushed my glasses down onto my nose, the glasses probably kept the helmet in place.
    Overall I can't see any visual helmet damage inside or out but I will let it retire to the bin. However my neck is a little worse for wear not quite as it was but OK.

So now I'm thinking of a Poc Trabec if I go with the Trabec it will be ordered online , no one has them in my neck of the woods( a gamble I know, but they sound like they may offer better protection).
    Are the Trabecs also prone to loosen up over time?
    I don't want to get the XL(59/62) only to find I have a lid too loose in six months time, or suffer with ML( 55/58) being dam tight.
    By the way what is the size of your Feature?
    Thanks for any input.

With regards to the to MIPS is it some thing that will cause the helmet to move around on your head a little more?
    My Feature is a medium which is normally the size that fits me best in Giro helmets. It fits well and with more room to spare than the M/L Trabec. I don't know if either will stretch out with time.

mtbr member
    My Feature is a medium which is normally the size that fits me best in Giro helmets. It fits well and with more room to spare than the M/L Trabec. I don't know if either will stretch out with time.
    it seems poc's sizing is inconsistent. my giro xen is a medium and so is my trabec, both fit well. but i bought a medium poc receptor flow and it is too small. when i looked at their sizing chart their medium helmets don't all fit in the same range. i think i'd need a large in their fullface and receptor, but the medium trabec fits perfect.

Greystoke
    Thanks KRob, I decided on the XL since I wear a bandana 90% of the time , got it while they were at $90.95 , hmmm looks like they are back at $140.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    it seems poc's sizing is inconsistent. my giro xen is a medium and so is my trabec, both fit well. but i bought a medium poc receptor flow and it is too small. when i looked at their sizing chart their medium helmets don't all fit in the same range. i think i'd need a large in their fullface and receptor, but the medium trabec fits perfect.
    My buddy bought the Trabec in M/L but had to get the XL for the fullface. I tried on the fullface and couldn't even get the helmet on.

Sizing issues aside, I am loving the Trabec.

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    My buddy bought the Trabec in M/L but had to get the XL for the fullface. I tried on the fullface and couldn't even get the helmet on.

Sizing issues aside, I am loving the Trabec.
    i love mine too. the sizing just caught me out. i looked at the poc fullface that was on chainlove and thought i'd need the l/xl which still throws me, as i never have bought a large helmet before.

MTB SOCAL
    I am considering the Trabec Race vs the Trabec Race MIPS. Did you happen to compare the fit of the two before going with the MIPS? They seem to be out of stock in most online retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    I have been running a POC Trabec Race MIPS for a few months. Best fitting helmet I have owned. Bought it after a major impact on my Giro that resulted in a moderate concussion. Unfortunately I had the opportunity to test my POC a few months later. It was an even harder impact than my Giro (GPS said I was doing 20 mph and my bike came to a complete stop in less than 2') directly on my head and shoulder. Result was a dislocated shoulder and blown disk in my neck, but NO concussion. Sold me on the POC/MIPS for life. Now waiting for them to come back in stock.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yangpei View Post
    I am considering the Trabec Race vs the Trabec Race MIPS. Did you happen to compare the fit of the two before going with the MIPS? They seem to be out of stock in most online retailers.
    The fit should be identical, as the MIPS doesnt change the shape at all. Slightly worse cooling and slightly heavier would be the only things I can tihnk of, though I dont own the MIPS version personally (didn't even know they had MIPS in the Trabec)
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Guess I can join the Knolly - POC club, seems to be the trend. I run the knee/shin, elbows, and pressure suit for DH.

I was thinking about a Trebec lid too and I kind of like the purple...anyone think its to 'girly'?

Knomer
    Remember folks, monochromatic themes are all the rage for the spring fashion season. Matching your helmet to your bike makes you 14% faster...

Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Very Nice!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Remember folks, monochromatic themes are all the rage for the spring fashion season. Matching your helmet to your bike makes you 14% faster...

Guess i'll be getting the light blue one! Where can we see more pics of that beaut? It's pretty much the opposite of mine, blue paint with orange ano!

Knollician

How are the Schwalbes treating you?
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member

I bet if you wore the Tempor, it would make you go 20% faster.

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    Where was this photo taken?
    Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast