mtbr member

Monarch Plus with Debonair

Looking into moving from a CCDB to a Monarch Plus on my Delirium. I only have the one bike so I need it to be more like an All-Mountain bike and less like a freeride, and I can't get the DB set to where it feels good. It feels too plush and weak in the middle.

Given this, is the Debonair a good choice? Is the small bump sensitivity even needed on a design that's already so active?

Yebo Numzaan
    Hey

I would encourage you to do some more testing and setup. I have found the CCDB to be highly tunable and I am still learning after more than a year. I ran a Monarch on a Nomad for a couple weeks earlier this year and felt like i missed the ability to tweak various settings.

Assuming you live in Utah so there are a couple things you could play with to get the bike to feel a little firmer for those sorts of trails.

Perhaps higher air pressure - less sag - and the play with the compression settings to compensate.

One thing Noel talks about frequently is suspension bracketing - so to get the feel you are looking for - try making 'big' changes to your settings and ride a section of trail (repeatedly) to see whether you like the change - then make a change to the other end of the spectrum and decide which of the two options you preferred (e.g. 12 clicks of LSC and then 0 clicks)

Hopefully you can fire this forum up for a week or two of recommendations and ideas

Good luck
    I support EMBA