Knollician

Minion DHF EXO SuperTacky

Anyone have a good source? Looks like I can get them from CRC, but would prefer to order them on this side of the pond. Might have to try the old favorite on the front of the Chili again.

BTW, I ditched the Mavic 819s on the Chili and built up some Flow EXs. I have always been happy with the 819s, tough as hell, but just too narrow. 823s are an option, but the weight makes me cringe a bit. Anyway, the Flows built up nice, they do have a bit more of a hop at the seam than the Mavics which just didn't want to work its way out. I mounted the Chunky Monkeys up with no issue, but the bead is not as tight as I was expecting based on the comments I have read about the EXs. Hoping I don't have any burping issues. Hopefully the Flows are as reliable as the 819s, which are nearly 3 years old.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    the super tacky is hard to find but price point has the 3C for less than CRC's ST price, plus $10 off if you buy 2. $50 for a 3C is pretty good. Maxxis Minion DHF Exo 2.5 Tire | Maxxis | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

also for future reference - the bonty duster rims have been great for me for over a year. wide (23mm internal), light enough to pedal, UST spec with the strip and not too pricey. i also came from several years on 819's and have been more than happy so far...no burps, no dings, trued once after the initial break in. i've run true ust, 2bliss and standard wire beads without issue.

~~~~~~~~
    Direct from Maxxis for $66. Haven't seen them offered by the distributers (BTI, QBP). Your shop may be able to get them for less, but the price isn't that far off from CRC's. Not sure why they are so much heavier than the 3c's.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    2.5 Minion DHF EXO 3C. Hard to beat it.

mtbr member
    may try that again soon

Knollician
    Got a nice ride in on National today with the Chunkys on the Flow EXs. I'm still working out the pressures as I need to run them lower due to the additional volume, but overall I am impressed. The tires have massive volume and I was much happier with the more square profile on the flows vs the 819s. I wish the Chunky had a slightly taller side knob, but the wider rim helped with this. I was able to very confidently compress the bike in corners and get great bite. We have not seen rain here in a long time, so our trails are really loose right now, and I would say I was railing more than usual. Tomorrow will be a rip down Holbert, another area where I have been wishing for a different front tire. We will see how the Chunky does, maybe I won't be getting a Minion right now.

I can only imagine how the Minion will feel on the Flow. Does anyone know how the 2.5 Minion size compares to the 2.4 Ardent?
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Does anyone know how the 2.5 Minion size compares to the 2.4 Ardent?
    Similar volume but the knobs are over twice the size. You won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    3C don't work any better than 60a, just cost more and wear out a lot faster.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    They look good, thanks for posting.