mtbr member

A little something we threw together....

Vision: Dude! and I have long discussed the need for a jump that you can progress on. One that you can hit 10' or 30'. The takeoff is so very important and we felt that the jumps that we hit are all too steep and short. "Basic Training" at Black Rock, Oregon was to be our model.

Reality: The vision was formed and another buddy and I got a wild hair and went out and did it. Dude!, fortunately for him or unfortunately for him, caught pneumonia while we built it. We actually did it in 5 nights, averaging 4 hours per night. The jump is about tall at the lip of the takeoff. It then slopes downhill about 4' to the lip of the lander which is 4' - 6"' tall. There is a platform that is 6' wide all the way from takeoff to lander. The takeoff is 12' from start to tip and is a gradual grade. The lander is 22' feet long and is a work of art. The jump from lip to lip is 28'+.

I have yet to hit it and am very excited about doing so....maybe tomorrow? Hopefully, reality meets vision and it is one for everybody to hit!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A little something we threw together....-sketch.jpg  

A little something we threw together....-finish-1.jpg  

A little something we threw together....-finish-2.jpg  

A little something we threw together....-28-lander.jpg  

[SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Cool! Nice work guys. I like that long flat latter part in the middle that I can land on. :0)

So what happens when I finally clear the full 30 ft...... do I lock on that tree and just use it to help me stop?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Nice work. Progressive tables are something my town is mosdef lacking.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=So what happens when I finally clear the full 30 ft...... do I lock on that tree and just use it to help me stop?[/QUOTE]

It is 30' to the Redwood from the bottom of the lander. We are building a berm off it and continuing the line down the hill to another 20+' jump. Plus, Redwoods are soft.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Just dont nose wheelie off the side of this one!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Just dont nose wheelie off the side of this one!
    I plan on a "dirt to dirt" jump. Wood was an add to the vision.

mtbr member

It's as good as the vision!

I went out to hit it today and on the first attempt carried plenty of speed and landed 3/4 of the way down the landing ramp. Next attempt it was on and then again and again and again. I never hit wood once! However, there were a few novice jumpers that I convinced to hit it and they landed from 10' - 20' with no consequence. In fact, they loved it! This is what the intention of the jump was. Super stoked!

Enjoy the short video. The GoPro makes everything look so flat! I added some touches to the video.

Last edited by Dominator13; 02-02-2013 at 09:35 AM.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Nice job!
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Thats sick. I need something like that around my neck of the woods so I can start getting the balls to do gap jumps.

RideDirt
    hahah sweet man ,looks fun . Nah you can tell thats a good size jump lol .

mtbr member
    The jump is awesome. I have been laid up with that nasty flu bug for nearly 2 weeks. Today was the first day I ventured out of the house - we did a little shuttling and then went to the jump. I was still coughing up a lung on the trail, but once I started hitting the jump, my determination to clean it kicked in. It is so much fun - it is a long way to send you and your bike.

The new Podium was awesome today - it is a lot more playful and I am really liking its characteristics for what we rode today.

Thanks Dom/Greg for building such a sweet jump!

mtbr member
    I feel for you Jamie. I'm just getting over the same bug AND running my first half marathon today in Davis. Seems the congestion just never ends.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    I went out to hit it today and on the first attempt carried plenty of speed and landed 3/4 of the way down the landing ramp. Next attempt it was on and then again and again and again. I never hit wood once! However, there were a few novice jumpers that I convinced to hit it and they landed from 10' - 20' with no consequence. In fact, they loved it! This is what the intention of the jump was. Super stoked!

Enjoy the short video. The GoPro makes everything look so flat! I added some touches to the video.

How do you get the video to load?????

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastshorebiker View Post
    How do you get the video to load?????
    I copied and pasted the embed code. :-)

mtbr member

The next feature in the line.

I finally got some time to get out and add a jump to the new line. Spent 8 hours out there one night and finished it. It throws you good, but with the speed you are carrying off the 30' jump you really have to "Brake Check", thus the name stolen from the Black Rock trail.

A little video from today. Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A little something we threw together....-brake-check.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice work. Looks like a blast!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Very nice.

Wish I had a trainer for that kind of stuff.

mtbr member
    good stuff - way to push the envelope of your skills!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

mtbr member
    Those are some sweet jumps!