mtbr member

which ks lev model to get

hi, which ks lev model should i order for my chili?

theres loads of options on the site im going to order through but im not up to speed on model variations.

heres the many choices ive got:

Kind Shock Verstellbare SattelstŁtze online gŁnstig kaufen bei Bike-Discount
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.

mtbr member
    You want the Lev in 31.6 in either the 385mm with 5" drop or 435mm with 6" drop. Depends on how tall you are. Their was a thread a while back on 5" vs 6". From what I remember at least for me at 5'8" and a medium frame compared to my existing post, the 6" would be too tall.

I have Kronolog on my Chili presently and the 5" barely fits (but the Kronolog has a much taller base than the lev).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    You want the Lev in 31.6 in either the 385mm with 5" drop or 435mm with 6" drop. Depends on how tall you are. Their was a thread a while back on 5" vs 6". From what I remember at least for me at 5'8" and a medium frame compared to my existing post, the 6" would be too tall.

I have Kronolog on my Chili presently and the 5" barely fits (but the Kronolog has a much taller base than the lev).
    5" in 31.6 looked right to me too.

What about versions (whats the latest or best), none of them im familiar with, there are different posts based on application it seems, i.e., fr/dh and others...also noticed different types of remotes..any suggestions..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    5" in 31.6 looked right to me too.

What about versions (whats the latest or best), none of them im familiar with, there are different posts based on application it seems, i.e., fr/dh and others...also noticed different types of remotes..any suggestions..
    I don't think there are really different versions at this point. In addition to the different lengths and diameters, there is one for internal cables which may or may not be out. There is also a lighter carbon version coming.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    o
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    I don't think there are really different versions at this point. In addition to the different lengths and diameters, there is one for internal cables which may or may not be out. There is also a lighter carbon version coming.
    The lighter carbon version will be available with 100mm of travel only.

mtbr member

5'9" here, medium chilcotin, and using the 6"/150mm KS Lev with no issues.

mtbr member
    The 150 needs you to show about 8 1/4" of post from the seat collar to the rails on your setup at max saddle height IIRC. I was just a bit short so had to go 125mm.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    The 150 needs you to show about 8 1/4" of post from the seat collar to the rails on your setup at max saddle height IIRC. I was just a bit short so had to go 125mm.
    I think the thing im not clear about is why people wouldnt get the longer version and not adjust this post to an intermediary setting...im guessing that the KS Lev is adjustable to 'any height' within its range...or am i missing something?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    im 5'10" on a medium, whats your inside leg length, this could help work out the threshold for choosing between the 5 or 6 inch.

mtbr member
    You really want the top out position to be at your optimal pedaling height. It's easier to hit the button and let the post shoot back up to the position you want it. I ran a post for a month or two that was slightly tall & trying to stop it in motion or push it back down to an optimal height is a trial & error movement that works but is not entirely pleasant. I often ended up with a saddle height that was close but slightly high or low. Keep in mind you might be using the post 20 or 30 (or far more) times per ride.

mtbr member
    You really want the top out position to be at your optimal pedaling height. It's easier to hit the button and let the post shoot back up to the position you want it. I ran a post for a month or two that was slightly tall & trying to stop it in motion or push it back down to an optimal height is a trial & error movement that works but is not entirely pleasant. I often ended up with a saddle height that was close but slightly high or low. Keep in mind you might be using the post 20 or 30 (or far more) times per ride.
    makes sense, thanks.

ok, so i just need to find out the inside leg of other medium chili owners with ks levs to know my size...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    chris,,,
    not sure if you know or not, or even if they are the right size, but keep you eyes on Superstar Components - High Spec Parts For Peanuts
    they sell em mega cheap,,,, they sold out at the mo but will propbably get them in again soon, not sure if you can wait or how desperate you are,,, just trying to save you a bit of cash, lol... cause as i keep telling you lol this upgrade **** is addictive ha ha,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    chris,,,
    not sure if you know or not, or even if they are the right size, but keep you eyes on Superstar Components - High Spec Parts For Peanuts
    they sell em mega cheap,,,, they sold out at the mo but will propbably get them in again soon, not sure if you can wait or how desperate you are,,, just trying to save you a bit of cash, lol... cause as i keep telling you lol this upgrade **** is addictive ha ha,
    nice one ian, was going to get it from germany as i couldnt find them in the uk, but last night found out that jungle components have just taken over the uk distribution and servicing of ks...im guessing i'll be able to order the new ks lev through superstar soon (that way id have uk warranty and a local servicing centre). im in no real hurry, but thinking if i call superstar this week and show an interest maybe theyll get something sorted out for me when jungles stock comes through.

mtbr member
    makes sense, thanks.

ok, so i just need to find out the inside leg of other medium chili owners with ks levs to know my size...
    How many inches of seat post do you expose now when having seat in full up position, for climbing/xc sections of trail? Start from there.... then decide if you have enough room for a 6" adjustable post plus the additional space for the base to be exposed....

mtbr member
    This should answer all your questions...

KS Lev sizing
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    How many inches of seat post do you expose now when having seat in full up position, for climbing/xc sections of trail? Start from there.... then decide if you have enough room for a 6" adjustable post plus the additional space for the base to be exposed....
    this^

if you don't have enough post showing for the 6" version when your current seatpost is in, no sense getting the 6" model. like rscecil said, you need about 8-1/4" of post from the seat rails to the top of the seat collar for the 6" model to work

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    this^

if you don't have enough post showing for the 6" version when your current seatpost is in, no sense getting the 6" model. like rscecil said, you need about 8-1/4" of post from the seat rails to the top of the seat collar for the 6" model to work
    cheers. the problem is that my chili has no shock on it just now (i sold the rp23), so i cant set it up for measurements, i'd be best to wait til the Cane Creek comes through, then get the tape measure out. was thinking to get the lev ordered in advance so its here for the shock arriving but the words 'horse before cart' spring to mind now

all the same, thanks for the heads up folks, its clear what to do now

mtbr member
    makes sense, thanks.

I'm 5'8" and wear 30" inseam pants. I don't know the exact measurement.

A 6" post would have worked but just barely. The seat collar actually could have been a problem with the way the cable attaches to the post. 5" of drop is plenty for me anyway.

Edit: Having to stop the post before full extension would have bugged the crap out of me.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    im 5'10" on a medium, whats your inside leg length, this could help work out the threshold for choosing between the 5 or 6 inch.
    31.5" inseam (32" when I have my 510 riding shoes on). Using 175mm cranks, and point one podium pedals.

My post is actually about .5" above the seat collar for me to get it at the "optimal" ride height (for what I like lol)

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    nice one ian, was going to get it from germany as i couldnt find them in the uk, but last night found out that jungle components have just taken over the uk distribution and servicing of ks...im guessing i'll be able to order the new ks lev through superstar soon (that way id have uk warranty and a local servicing centre). im in no real hurry, but thinking if i call superstar this week and show an interest maybe theyll get something sorted out for me when jungles stock comes through.

just wanted to point it out to you so you knew there were cheap uk options,,, from what i know, the superstar guy buys direct from china, he cuts out the middle men hence the cheap prices,,, theres no mark up second mark up third mark up,,, direct sales, manufacturer to him to you, give him a yell and see when he's gonna have them in, not sure if it would be coverd by uk warranty, you would have to ask him im sure he will answer all your questions, i know he's a super helpful nice guy, and they do have good warranty backup.