Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Knomers - Need help tracking down a 2012 Marz 55 RC3 Ti

Gang,

I've been looking for one of these, and Marz and all the distributors are sold out, so there are really only two ways I can find one. A shop that has one on a shelf, or someone that is selling theirs. If anyone knows a shop or person, can you let me know?

Particularly looking for a 2012 170mm model with a full 1 1/8th steer tube.

The 2013's aren't out until the end of January (slid again), and they are from a new manufacturer/supplier, so that's a bit concerning. First year production and all.

Thanks for any help, it's appreciated.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    try giving RWC a call. i bought a 2012 55cr switch off thme a few months ago. great price and service.

mtbr member
    Thanks, but I checked there too. Sold out.

mtbr member
    Probably not helpful but here is one with a tapered steer tube:

Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo Ti Suspension Fork Tapered White 170mm - Go-Ride.com Bicycle Shop, Salt Lake City, Utah.

Another possibility:
    Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo Ti - Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa

I swear these were in stock like a week ago, but it seems the 55 is significantly more popular than the 44 or the 66. Go figure.

mtbr member
    Thanks, I always forget about Go-Ride. I'll give them a call and see if they are going on sale anytime soon. Full retail is is WAY more than I can swing at this point though, and honestly a bit unreasonable at this point.

Fanatik's out too, they are somewhat local to me, I already touched base with them.

mtbr member
    I feel ya, I'd keep an eye on pinkbike if I were you, that's where I find my deals.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Yeah I missed Rob's and couldn't get back to him in time. But I think his was a full straight steerer, and if iI got a 160mm version I'd want a tapered steerer.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Missed his sold post further down, my bad.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have a 2011 55 RC3 Ti Evo 160mm with 1.5" steerer. Purchased new three months ago, used for two months and 6-8 rides, no scratches. Pm me if you want to try to talk me out of it. Could potentially include a month old CC 40 series HS too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    Missed his sold post further down, my bad.
    Yep. The 2011 55 RC3 is on it's way to the UK. I'll miss that fork. One of the best forks ever IMO.

It kinda worried me when he said they're hard to come by now and Marz is going with a new manufacturer for 2013. That's when the '08'-'09 troubles started.

It had to go though as I want a tapered steerer for the new build..... and something lighter.

mtbr member
    For some reason I thought the 2013's where already being manufactured when the switch to a new supplier was announced, and the 2014's were going to be the first year of the new supplier, but obviously not. Which really has me wanting a 2011/2012 even more when I found this out today.

BGillespie, I'll shoot you a pm shortly.

mtbr member
    Oh and I called Go-ride, they had one 2012 hanging on the wall display. They had it priced at $899, but they said they'd knock $100 off today only...still a ton of money for a fork that should be on clearance IMHO.

Everyone else has 2012 Marz forks for 40-50% off. I realize no one has 55 RC3's, and maybe I should jump, but just seems priced too high.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Oh and I called Go-ride, they had one 2012 hanging on the wall display. They had it priced at $899, but they said they'd knock $100 off today only...still a ton of money for a fork that should be on clearance IMHO.

Everyone else has 2012 Marz forks for 40-50% off. I realize no one has 55 RC3's, and maybe I should jump, but just seems priced too high.
    Its worth the couple of hundred extra bucks if you are getting what you want.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Its worth the couple of hundred extra bucks if you are getting what you want.
    Yeah, I know man, I've thought that also. I was prepared to drop $650 or so on a 2013 when they hit.

Anyone think the extra 10mm of AtC on this would be extremely noticable? I know it'd slack it out about 0.5 degrees, but being tapered, I can't run it with a zerostack and keep the stock Chili geo.

Main reason I was looking for a full straight steertube, but then again the tapered will should be stiffer...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yeah, I know man, I've thought that also. I was prepared to drop $650 or so on a 2013 when they hit.

Anyone think the extra 10mm of AtC on this would be extremely noticable? I know it'd slack it out about 0.5 degrees, but being tapered, I can't run it with a zerostack and keep the stock Chili geo.

Main reason I was looking for a full straight steertube, but then again the tapered will should be stiffer...
    I'm running a 2012 170mm tapered 55 evo ti with no ill effect on geo. No reason to worry!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    I'm running a 2012 170mm tapered 55 evo ti with no ill effect on geo. No reason to worry!
    Aghhh! what to do what to do?!?!?!

Knollician
    Aghhh! what to do what to do?!?!?!
    Have you considered X-Fusion? Just curious.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Have you considered X-Fusion? Just curious.
    I did, but they have another 10mm of AtC over the 55 even.

Fox/RS @ 160mm = 545mm
    55 @ 170mm = 555
    Xfusion @ 170 = 565

I know the reviews are saying they are really great, and super stiff, but that extra AtC bugs me.

Knollician
    I did, but they have another 10mm of AtC over the 55 even.

Fox/RS @ 160mm = 545mm
    55 @ 170mm = 555
    Xfusion @ 170 = 565

I know the reviews are saying they are really great, and super stiff, but that extra AtC bugs me.
    Looking at coil exclusively? Their air fork is supposed to be amazing, and can be cut to 160 for a 555 a 2 c. I'm with ya on the a 2 c thing though, I am rather sensitive to those types of changes.

Really curious to get more info on these forks.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I def want back on a coil. I tried the air, and while the Lyrik air might not be as good as the Vengence Air (I've also heard good things), I just prefer the feel of a coil.

I should add, the desire for a 55 comes from my dislike for my Lyrik Solo Air, and my love for my 2012 888 Evo Ti on my Podium. The 888 is by far the best feeling fork I've ever owned. If the 55 is a essentially a mini 888, I'm sold.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    You could also run an Angleset-even with a tapered fork-to offset the slightly slacker geometry of a fork with a greater axle to crown length than stock geometry.

Semi-related: I'm in the process of building a new Endorphin with a 44 RC3 Ti!

RideDirt
    You just might owe me a big thank you , ill contact someone for you and see if they have what your looking for as he is shipping me a Marzz 66 .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    You just might owe me a big thank you , ill contact someone for you and see if they have what your looking for as he is shipping me a Marzz 66 .
    That'd be awesome, but I called Marz a few months ago and they were sold out. But hey, if you can pull a rabbit out of your hat...

I might also have a lead on one from pinkbike...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I have a bro who has an '11 with a 1 1/8" sitting around. I sold mine for $450, so I imagine he would do the same.

If you're interested, PM me for his deets.

You might also want to contact Marzocchi Canada in North Vancouver. Not sure if they can sell cross boarder, but they may have stock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast