Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I've got one. Would consider letting it go for $10,000 US.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    I've got one. Would consider letting it go for $10,000 US.
    Take $9,999.99?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    I have the 11 which is 160mm on the chilcotin and much prefer it to the 36 Van Rc2, Lyrik DH dampered solo air and Bos Deville I've also tried on it. The only thing that annoys me is that the compression knobs on the underneath have a tendency to fall off.

RideDirt
    Rscecli007 - Sorry buddy , all sold out till the 2013 line up. Try ebay ,craigslist, PB, Here , or maybe some local forums in your area .

If your interested in the 66Ti he has some for a good price .
    Last edited by aedubber; 12-19-2012 at 09:37 AM.

mtbr member
    FORK LOCATED AND PAID FOR!!!

Found a gentleman on pinkbike bike with one, willing to part with it for a fantastic deal, and just sent him the money.

It's a 2012 with a full 1 1/8th steer like wanted. No idea what I did to get this good karma, but consider me completely stoked.

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    FORK LOCATED AND PAID FOR!!!

Found a gentleman on pinkbike bike with one, willing to part with it for a fantastic deal, and just sent him the money.

It's a 2012 with a full 1 1/8th steer like wanted. No idea what I did to get this good karma, but consider me completely stoked.
    Congrats dude Enjoy and due give an update .

mtbr member
    Awesome Ryan!

mtbr member
    Nice. I'm starting to regret selling mine already.

mtbr member
    Glad to hear you got this sorted but for future reference the extra a2c on my Vengance was mostly offest using a zero stack 110. I think my geo is off from stock by about .5 degree.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Nice. I'm starting to regret selling mine already.
    I wondered why you wouldn't have just took a mish mash of parts from both bikes that were appropriate and bought just a chilcotin frame and sold the leftovers. I assume you fancy a new build all around? I've never built a brand new bike soup to nuts. I always go frame only and upgrade stealthily and hope the wife doesn't notice. I got rid of an old pinarello steel framed road bike and replaced it with a carbon BMC a couple years back and she still has no clue.

mtbr member
    woots

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    I wondered why you wouldn't have just took a mish mash of parts from both bikes that were appropriate and bought just a chilcotin frame and sold the leftovers. I assume you fancy a new build all around?
    Yeah, I debated doing it that way and it might've got me there faster but most of the parts are going to need to be different anyway (taper vs straight 1 1/18" fork, 142mm rear axle spacing, Reverb will need to be 31.6 instead of 30.9 plus I'm interested in going with the Stealth, love the Haven bar and stem but I'll need a shorter stem with the Chili, etc)................

and, yes, I just wanted everything brand new this time.

I have a few months before the next batch is available (Orange baby!) so that should give me some time to search for good deals on new stuff (and sell some parts).
    Last edited by KRob; 12-19-2012 at 02:55 PM.

si vis pacem...
    Yeah, I debated doing it that way and it might've got me there faster but most of the parts are going to need to be different anyway (taper vs straight 1 1/18" fork, 142mm rear axle spacing, Reverb will need to be 31.6 instead of 30.9 plus I'm interested in going with the Stealth, love the Haven bar and stem but I'll need a shorter stem with the Chili, etc)................

I have a few months before the next batch is available so that should give me some time to search for good deals on new stuff.
    Can you run a Reverb stealth on a Chili? I didn't think the frame would allow the internal routing of the hydraulic line without some *ahem* "modification". (courtesy of my friend Mr. DeWalt)

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by krob View Post
    yeah, i debated doing it that way and it might've got me there faster but most of the parts are going to need to be different anyway (taper vs straight 1 1/18" fork, 142mm rear axle spacing, reverb will need to be 31.6 instead of 30.9 plus i'm interested in going with the stealth, love the haven bar and stem but i'll need a shorter stem with the chili, etc)................

And, yes, i just wanted everything brand new this time.

i have a few months before the next batch is available (orange baby!) so that should give me some time to search for good deals on new stuff (and sell some parts).

orange? Nice :d
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member

I have a few months before the next batch is available (Orange baby!) so that should give me some time to search for good deals on new stuff (and sell some parts).
    Orange sure is a cool color, but the stealth won't work with out mods to the frame. Shame too, RS is now offering the Reverb Stealth with 150mm of drop. But so far only the stealth

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Here's a quick phone shot of the new set up.

So far only 2 XC-ish type rides on it, but loving it so far. Feels SOOO much better than my old Lyrik Solo Air DH, in terms of being more balanced with the Avy rear shock.

Still need to take to to the fast flowy trails where I really noticed the Avy shock come to life for the real test.

Also still dialing in the tune. With no spring or air preload I think I'm a tad heavy for the spring. I'm dialed the spring preload about halfway in for tomorrow's ride to see how that does. I'm trying to avoid putting any pumps of air preload in if I can, so I can retain that great small bump compliance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knomers - Need help tracking down a 2012 Marz 55 RC3 Ti-imag0450.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2004

So far only 2 XC-ish type rides on it, but loving it so far. Feels SOOO much better than my old Lyrik Solo Air DH, in terms of being more balanced with the Avy rear shock.

Still need to take to to the fast flowy trails where I really noticed the Avy shock come to life for the real test.

Also still dialing in the tune. With no spring or air preload I think I'm a tad heavy for the spring. I'm dialed the spring preload about halfway in for tomorrow's ride to see how that does. I'm trying to avoid putting any pumps of air preload in if I can, so I can retain that great small bump compliance.
    Very nice. Had I not stumbled on a used AVY'd lyrik that was valved spot on for me, I'd have held out for this same fork.

My experiences with the 66RC3Ti say you'd be fine with coil preload, but the air preload really does start taking a toll. I'm about 215 RTR, and am not sure of the factory Ti rate differences, but nothing will speak more than getting some time on it. Have fun, it looks great and I'm sure it will ride like a dream.

mtbr member
    Good to hear - but we already knew you would like the 55 over the Lyrik. ;-)
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Orange sure is a cool color, but the stealth won't work with out mods to the frame. Shame too, RS is now offering the Reverb Stealth with 150mm of drop. But so far only the stealth
    The KS LEV is working out very well for me and it has 150mm drop. I had a Reverb with a shim when I ran into you in Moab and on that trip the barb at the remote snapped either in transit or loading and unloading bikes from the car. I made it though the trip without losing too much fluid (I strain relieved the hose with tape and it kinda did the job) but I am happier with the mechanical cable of the LEV for traveling.

mtbr member

The bike looks dialed! Are you running it in steep or slack mode?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezwhip View Post
    Good to hear - but we already knew you would like the 55 over the Lyrik. ;-)
    Well yeah, duh! The bike just feels so much more balanced now, much better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    The bike looks dialed! Are you running it in steep or slack mode?
    Thanks, it feels really good now overall, suspension, brakes, etc. Now I just need a dropper post and I hope to be done with it. I run it in steep. I've tried slack a few times and it was fine in the bike park (obviously), but trail wise I didn't really care for it.

RideDirt
    Im with you on the dropper post lol , my ride today consisted of too many dismounts to adjust .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    The KS LEV is working out very well for me and it has 150mm drop. I had a Reverb with a shim when I ran into you in Moab and on that trip the barb at the remote snapped either in transit or loading and unloading bikes from the car. I made it though the trip without losing too much fluid (I strain relieved the hose with tape and it kinda did the job) but I am happier with the mechanical cable of the LEV for traveling.
    Good to hear you are liking the Lev, it is on my shortlist for upgrades. The only thing keeping me from it is the complaints about the lever being weird. Coming from the Reverb how does it feel?

Bummer about your Reverb, I had a spare hose kit with both barbs when we were there!

-cabra cadabra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2