mtbr member

Knolly suspension and frame torque settings

Guys, when you bought your new frames from knolly did you find the factory torque settings accurate or is it a good idea to go over all of them? Also how often do you recheck them in a year?

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleevem1 View Post
    Guys, when you bought your new frames from knolly did you find the factory torque settings accurate or is it a good idea to go over all of them? Also how often do you recheck them in a year?
    I have found the new frames are set pretty well from the factory. The only ones you need to check are the 2 4mm bolts that attach the horseshoe to the rockers With my Chili, both were set up with Loctite, on my Endo, only 1 had Loctite on it. Those are also the only bolts I have ever had come loose. I would pull them out, put some blue Loctite on them and put back in.

I also periodically check all bolts. I have yet to find any loose, but it is always a good practice.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    I have found the new frames are set pretty well from the factory. The only ones you need to check are the 2 4mm bolts that attach the horseshoe to the rockers With my Chili, both were set up with Loctite, on my Endo, only 1 had Loctite on it. Those are also the only bolts I have ever had come loose. I would pull them out, put some blue Loctite on them and put back in.

I also periodically check all bolts. I have yet to find any loose, but it is always a good practice.
    Thanks for the help tiSS'er.

mtbr member
    My shock mount bolts were loose on my 2013 Endo - both upper and lower. I noticed it after first ride. The rest of the rigging was/is still solid.

Just roll it......
    I lost one of the bolts that connects to that horseshoe last week. I didn't notice it until mid-ride. FYI, the star-fangled bolt will thread in there in a pinch. Just be careful not to thread it too far in or it'll contact the seattube.

Thankfully, I had gotten a new hardware set from Dusty a while ago (Thanks again Kevin!) because of some bent shock bolts, so I was able to get'r fixed up immediately.

EB