Knomer

Knolly Podium now IN STOCK

We have full stock on the all-new Podium DH rig, just in time for the race season ordering frenzy.

More info here...

Knolly Podium

Contact your local authorized Knolly dealer to order.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Mine is ready to rock. Just waiting for my wheels to be finished up. Frame is amazing

mtbr member
    When did you take delivery? I am still waiting on mine. Same situation as you with the wheelset, however, so no rush. I was going to use a CK rear hub, but the new axles may not be ready until April. That is too far out. What hub did you go with?
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, South Africa

mtbr member
    I also was going to go with king but as we all know in the bike industry April means august. I went with the new i9 torch hubs..they are up at enve right now. I have one of the first run frames thanks to my man jered up at 337 bikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    When did you take delivery? I am still waiting on mine. Same situation as you with the wheelset, however, so no rush. I was going to use a CK rear hub, but the new axles may not be ready until April. That is too far out. What hub did you go with?
    what about hadley? reasonable price, great quality and customer service.

mtbr member
    Was thinking of just going with the Saint. 10 deg engagement, cheaper. Mates well with the centerlock icetech rotor. I felt a high engagement hub on my Chilcotin was more important since it would see more slow techy stuff. But on a DH bike the engagement is not so much a factor maybe as durability.

Hadley is very tempting however. Any other opinions (on Hadley or the new Saint...I know some people aren't thrilled with the new Saint hub)?

EDIT: clarified my point on engagement with DH hubs
    Last edited by rdhfreethought; 01-20-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, South Africa

mtbr member
    one of the big pluses for hadley is their cs. they may lack a website (insane in this day) but when you need something they are quick. i needed a seal for my freehub, placed a call and it was in the mail and free the same day. was expecting to have to buy one, nope they just shipped it.

can't beat that kind of service and their hubs are well made as well. not as sealed as king, but easy to service and bearings are cheap. plus their ti hubshell doesn't score from cassettes like aluminum does

you can find some sweet deals on used hadley hubs in the pinkbike classifieds too

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    Hadley is very tempting however. Any other opinions (on Hadley or the new Saint...I know some people aren't thrilled with the new Saint hub)?
    I went through the same machinations about hubs for my Chili. First, I was thinking of I-9s because of the increased points of engagement but I heard mixed reviews about their quality and customer service. Also, I wasn't sure the difference between 72 PoE (engagement every 5 degrees) and 120 PoE (every 3 degrees) would matter for my riding.

CK and Hadley were my next choices. From what I was able to gather: both have great products and great customer service. In the end, I went with Hadley because they were a bit cheaper and the hubs take standard-size bearings which I can buy/upgrade from many sources.

Side note: I did find a guy that made an instantaneous engagement hub for BMX. (Can't remember who he was.) They weighed too much for mountain biking, but it would really cool to try out.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    I9 customer service is awesome. Whoever said that doesn't know what they are talking about

si vis pacem...
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post
    I9 customer service is awesome. Whoever said that doesn't know what they are talking about
    This. Customer service at Industry Nine is amazing, they'll spend the time talking to you to make sure you get what you want, and any dealings I've had with them have been 100% positive. Their wheels are gorgeous and surprisingly strong. I run the I9 DH wheels on my Podium and am seriously looking at the new torch wheels for my Chilcotin build. Great stuff.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I was not trying to diss I-9 customer service. If I were in the market to buy hubs right now I would definitely consider I-9 hubs.

I was reminiscing about how I arrived at my hub purchase and not trying to provide facts. Everything I said could be inaccurate (after all, I got most of my info from the internet), but it was what I understood to be correct at the time I was purchasing my hubs for my Chili.

I should have been more clear (or not even posted). If there is something to be gained from my story is that it is "good practice" to learn to separate the fanbois and the haters* from less-biased reviewers when getting your reviews from the internet.

*Unfortunately, "dissatisfaction" can occur because the customer is in a bad mood or doesn't like the answer; even if the service was spectacular. A few "dissatisfied" people with posting fetishes can really skew things.

mtbr member
    I wasn't sayn that to diss you or whatever. I was just trying to say what I think is true. It's all good man

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Stealth rear hub is what you are talking about. Originally for BMX/trials but who says too heavy for mtb? I have one on my Rune
    Instant engagement and no buzzing when you are ripping down the trail!
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    I went through the same machinations about hubs for my Chili. First, I was thinking of I-9s because of the increased points of engagement but I heard mixed reviews about their quality and customer service. Also, I wasn't sure the difference between 72 PoE (engagement every 5 degrees) and 120 PoE (every 3 degrees) would matter for my riding.

CK and Hadley were my next choices. From what I was able to gather: both have great products and great customer service. In the end, I went with Hadley because they were a bit cheaper and the hubs take standard-size bearings which I can buy/upgrade from many sources.

Side note: I did find a guy that made an instantaneous engagement hub for BMX. (Can't remember who he was.) They weighed too much for mountain biking, but it would really cool to try out.
    Last edited by cachaulo; 01-23-2013 at 06:28 AM. Reason: more detail

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by cachaulo View Post
    Stealth rear hub is what you are talking about. Originally for BMX/trials but who says too heavy for mtb? I have one on my Rune
    Instant engagement and no buzzing when you are ripping down the trail!
    You could be right, but it has been awhile and I didn't document it. Whoever I contacted said that "they" (the maker of the mystery hub I mentioned) was getting out of the bike business and he was headed back to school. (Obviously an employee; and possibly an unhappy one.)

Anyway, you gave RDH another option. For a bit of a weight gain (~1/4 lb) he can have instant engagement. It might be a worthwhile tradeoff.

Stealth MTB Rear Hub | True Precision Components

Sick Lines Hub weights