Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42

    Knolly Laguna tour sat 1/11

    Hey all. So there has been alot of request for a laguna tour so im putting one on. I hope the date works but We can always change it or do a second one. Prepare for some chunk, flow and tech. Lots of good trails. Ride should be 20 to 30 miles with 4 to 5k climbing no drop pace. If thats too much pm me and I can give you a smaller tour. I'm trying to host a big one to make it worthwhile for those that drive down. The trails are worth it. I will update the meetup spot in a couple of days after I finalize the route. Who's in!

    Mo

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    Plenty of bailout points to I should add

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    66
    Sounds good to me.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    gotten a couple of pms, looks like this is going to be a monthly event. Just a heads up to those with sensitve schedules, im always down to give a tour anywhere in the oc/laguna/aliso area. Just pm me if weekdays or someother time work better

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    304
    30 miles in Laguna is a pain train! The 14 mile loop we do is like 3.5k vert IIRC.

    I'd like to glom on over to check out some knolly's in person if that's OK. Sick now but should be good enough by the 11th for 20 miles @ no drop pace haha.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,858
    Quote Originally Posted by me and my bike View Post
    im always down to give a tour anywhere in the oc/laguna/aliso area. Just pm me if weekdays or someother time work better
    I don't live in the area (not even close), but will be visiting occasionally with my son living in Fullerton now, so I'll keep that offer in mind. I enjoyed my tour of Aliso with Dusty last week and would love to explore some more of that. Good stuff.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    17
    I usually do willow to Old emerald to emerald canyon to T n A. And that is about two hours
    Can u give us an idea of the ride u have in mind please

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I don't live in the area (not even close), but will be visiting occasionally with my son living in Fullerton now, so I'll keep that offer in mind. I enjoyed my tour of Aliso with Dusty last week and would love to explore some more of that. Good stuff.
    Dusty a santa monica resident, he didnt show you the good stuff

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by butchog View Post
    I usually do willow to Old emerald to emerald canyon to T n A. And that is about two hours
    Can u give us an idea of the ride u have in mind please
    PM sent. Like I said ride is 20 to 30 miles with 4-5k climbing. Time wise it varies by rider, but lots of good bail out spots. Come out and ill show you some good stuff!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    654
    I might be interested. I live nearby in San Diego. I have a friend who is organizing a group ride at Palm Canyon the same day. I'll probably do that ride unless it's subfreezing up top.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    I might be interested. I live nearby in San Diego. I have a friend who is organizing a group ride at Palm Canyon the same day. I'll probably do that ride unless it's subfreezing up top.
    would the following saturday the 18th work better for some of you?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Herzalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    236
    I'll tag along with my new Avy'd CTD with an RP23 spacer in it. That could explain the clacking sound, btw. That or the broken bushing Craig found. BTW, Mo's numbers are a little ambitious for Aliso and LCWP. The climbing is pretty steep, so I'll be bailing out after about 3200' Luckily, I live here.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    I'll tag along with my new Avy'd CTD with an RP23 spacer in it. That could explain the clacking sound, btw. That or the broken bushing Craig found. BTW, Mo's numbers are a little ambitious for Aliso and LCWP. The climbing is pretty steep, so I'll be bailing out after about 3200' Luckily, I live here.
    How's it feel??

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Herzalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by steammachine View Post
    How's it feel??
    I don't have it yet. Scheduled to arrive Thursday. Ready to ride next weekend.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G-AIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,381
    What time were you thinking of departing?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tweasol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    61
    the 18th is better for me. Im thinking 30miles would be around 6k-6.5k ft, we'll see how that goes, I'm down for it. Count me in for that date

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    What time were you thinking of departing?
    8 am . It sounds like the 18th is working a bit better!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    304
    Which is it? 11th or 18th? Already thinking about weekend plans

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by probiscus View Post
    Which is it? 11th or 18th? Already thinking about weekend plans
    I dont know about the official knolly ride. What sounds good to everyone? As far as this saturday Im always down to ride! Maybe will do one this saturday too!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Herzalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by probiscus View Post
    Which is it? 11th or 18th? Already thinking about weekend plans
    Yup - sounds good. Let's do both!

    unless I'm skiing on the 18th - but it's gotta snow first...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tweasol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    61
    I forgot, I'm doing trail work on viejo tie on the 18th.

    I'll ride with ya'll someday...

  22. #22
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,319
    I would prefer the 18th. This Saturday is Mom's bday, + it's the first Fontana race event(which I may or may not attend). If we can do the 18th I can probably bring a medium and large Warden, which is NOT an option on the 11th.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    I would prefer the 18th. This Saturday is Mom's bday, + it's the first Fontana race event(which I may or may not attend). If we can do the 18th I can probably bring a medium and large Warden, which is NOT an option on the 11th.
    I'm local so I'm down for both days. Definitely interested in checking out the Warden

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    18th it is for the official laguna ride! For this weekend id be down to ride laguna but would also be down to mix it up and ride san juan. Any preferences?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Herzalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    236
    San Juan is kinda boring unless you add Chiquito. Keep it a Laguna Tour - as advertised.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 02:18 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-17-2013, 06:40 AM
  3. Laguna ride 9/15
    By RTSO2112 in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 05:42 PM
  4. Telonics in Laguna
    By BullitBoyJon in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •