Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Knolly hits the car show circuit

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Salespunk 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Oooo, so is it like the old All Road with the air adjustable ride height suspension? Nice. Kinda interested in this car. I'd like it better if it were based on the A6 like the old one but I still want to see one and drive it.

Do they all come with the Podium add-on option?

#10 ·
I had an '03 Allroad. Best car I ever owned. Chipped it to about 320bhp, added anti-sway bar. Worst car I ever owned. Air suspension system was super expensive to maintain. Killed the car dragging it through a foot of mud at Gooseberry Mesa. The car got us out of there (4 adults and 4 bikes), but its suspension and drivetrain parts paid dearly as the Utah clay took over. New Allroad is simpler and looks fantastic, but the 2.0t engine is uninspiring.

Sorry about the thread side-step. Continue please.

#11 ·
That car is highly modified. The new Allroad is just an A4 with longer springs to raise the ride height. It has none of the technology of the old A6 based Allroad. He is running a full Airride Suspension system so that he can lower and raise it. It cannot be driven at the height you see in the pictures. That specific car is amazing and he did a great job on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.