Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    So it will be 645mm?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ntinos P; 06-12-2018 at 12:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntinos P View Post
    So it will be 645mm?

Geometry listed on our website is current and reflective of what production frames will be:

Cheers,

Noel
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasR6 View Post
    Noel - did you have a chance to do any testing with coil shocks on the fugitive? What are your thoughts on pairing it with something like a cane creek DB IL coil? I know they're working on their Trunnion mounts and should be ready by summer which sounds similar to the Fugitive's ETA. I want to make sure my fugitive will still be pedal friendly.
    Sadly, no. The Cane Creek Coil IL (which is an AMAZING shock and certainly suitable for a bike like the Fugitive) will not initially be offered in a trunnion design.

You know that once a trunnion Coil-IL is available, we'll be among the first to offer it. However, at this time, we unfortunately don't see it being an option for the Fugitive in the foreseeable future.
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    Geometry listed on our website is current and reflective of what production frames will be:

Cheers,

Noel
    Thank you !

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Satn, could you give us some more fugitive lt impressions? Particularly cornering and climbing performance? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hi, Fugitive owners! Could you please share more of your initial riding impressions and comparisons to other bikes you've owned? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Absolutely! Braking hard before corners is excellent. I feel that the suspension sets the bike up very nice for the corners. I am in more control and can concentrate on the turn. The rear just seems more quiet when compared to my HtLT. Accelerating out feels like the bike responds quickly to your pedal strokes. I attribute this to the 4x4. As for climbing up I have been on my bike 5 times and my up hills are very comparable to times on my HTLT and regular HT. Pedal stroke power feels like the it is all used up being efficient. A big difference is the technical up over steep punchy footy sections. The rear tire is planted and not all over the place. Once again I attribute this feeling to 4x4. I am very very happy the way the bike is responding. Jumping the bike has been incredible. I feel the bike launches me off in a controlled fashion and landing just the same. Much better than my HTLT which by the way had an 11.6 Push shock. I hope this helps. Cheers!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Satn View Post
    I feel the bike launches me off in a controlled fashion and landing just the same. Much better than my HTLT which by the way had an 11.6 Push shock.
    Damn! High praises indeed. Interesting comparisons to the Santa Cruz, is this your first Knolly?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for your reply! I'm looking forward to riding a 4 x 4 soon. My friend has a Warden that he'll let me borrow. Thanks, again!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Yup the Fugitive has been an excellent choice for my local trails I ride. The Fugitive is my second Knolly. First was a Warden C. Which was another great choice but i felt the 29er was where I wanted to land because of carrying speed and how it felt rolling over janky rooty trails. It's been quite the journey for me going back and forth on some bikes figuring this out. From SC TallBoy to Evil Following then to Nomad Mk3 then to WardenC back to 29er world with Hightower then Nomad mk4 then Hightower LT and now Fugitive. Another big plus for me is Knolly as a company. Customer service is spot on. The staff are knowledgable and passionate about their bikes and brand. They stand behind the product and are accountable in every task at hand. I have made an excellent choice and I hope I am of some guidance in your journey as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    You are most welcome!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    A Sendy Day at my local trails!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Fugitive Rumors and Reality Thread-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Looks like you are really enjoying the Fugitive! How does it compare to the Warden on steep chundery downhill trails, aka the North Shore? Also how do they compare on tight corners (GSM) and techy climbs?
    Thanks alot!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
    Looks like you are really enjoying the Fugitive! How does it compare to the Warden on steep chundery downhill trails, aka the North Shore? Also how do they compare on tight corners (GSM) and techy climbs?
    Thanks alot!
    Hi Skooks. Both have a very similar feel coming down the chunder such as Ned's. I'd say times are the same with my skill level. But I do notice that the Fugitive does not get hung up as easily the parts of the trail where you need to slow down such as rooty or Rocky technical sections. For someone with the skills to carry speed, run higher tire pressures (over 25) to not ding rims then the Warden will be faster. I don't have these speed skills. But for steep technical Rocky rooty chutes I am more comfortable on the Fugitive.
    As for the tight switch backs on trails like GSM both climb very well. I do not notice any wagon wheel effect on the turns. Bit more effort on the Warden because I had a Push 11.6 on it.

So in a nut shell both have similar feeling until things slow down where the larger tires roll better over technical. Hope this helps. Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for all of your input, Satn. Really appreciate it. Glad that you're so pleased with your new bike. I hope to get a Knolly (Fug Lt, Warden, or next gen Warden) in the near future.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Great feedback Satn thanks. I am not the fastest up or down, and I love the low speed handling of the Warden. So easy to pick and hold a line, and so much traction on technical climbs. Sounds like the Fugitive has similar characteristics. Love to try one some time.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Yup the Fugitive has been an excellent choice for my local trails I ride. The Fugitive is my second Knolly. First was a Warden C. Which was another great choice but i felt the 29er was where I wanted to land because of carrying speed and how it felt rolling over janky rooty trails. It's been quite the journey for me going back and forth on some bikes figuring this out. From SC TallBoy to Evil Following then to Nomad Mk3 then to WardenC back to 29er world with Hightower then Nomad mk4 then Hightower LT and now Fugitive. Another big plus for me is Knolly as a company. Customer service is spot on. The staff are knowledgable and passionate about their bikes and brand. They stand behind the product and are accountable in every task at hand. I have made an excellent choice and I hope I am of some guidance in your journey as well.

Thanks for input Sath !

As I have a Warden C, and I am thinking to replace it with fugitive LT, I was wondering whether the fujitive (in same size like warden C) is giving the feeling of more "rooming" bike.. The difference in reach (eg. 464 vs 477 in large) is noticeable ?

The main reason that I am considering to go for fugitive is that i feel that i want a little more room.... I am 6.15" on a Large...
    Last edited by Ntinos P; 06-18-2018 at 05:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Thanks for input Sath !

As I have a Warden C, and I am thinking to replace it with fugitive LT, I was wondering whether the fujitive (in same size like warden C) is giving the feeling of more "rooming" bike.. The difference in reach (eg. 464 vs 477 in large) is noticeable ?

The main reason that I am considering to go for fugitive is that i feel that i want a little more room.... I am 6.15" on a Large...
    Hi between my med wardenC and med Fugitive the difference in Reach was negligible. Both felt great for my body size. 5ft 9 and 30in inseam. Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hi between my med wardenC and med Fugitive the difference in Reach was negligible. Both felt great for my body size. 5ft 9 and 30in inseam. Cheers
    Thanks!

Maybe because the warden c has 609 TTL while your preproduction Fugitive ~596 (?)
    (~10mm les than the production model)

mtbr member
    Sadly, no. The Cane Creek Coil IL (which is an AMAZING shock and certainly suitable for a bike like the Fugitive) will not initially be offered in a trunnion design.

You know that once a trunnion Coil-IL is available, we'll be among the first to offer it. However, at this time, we unfortunately don't see it being an option for the Fugitive in the foreseeable future.
    I was thinking the bike you rode at the SW Knollyfest was coil. No?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    DHX2 perhaps?

Satn how are you finding the rear hub spacing? Any extra heal rub, or no noticeable difference?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    DHX2 perhaps?

Satn how are you finding the rear hub spacing? Any extra heal rub, or no noticeable difference?
    No noticeable difference. No rub marks on the seat or chain stays.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Thanks!

Maybe because the warden c has 609 TTL while your preproduction Fugitive ~596 (?)
    (~10mm les than the production model)
    Yeah maybe. But I just donít feel like itís too short or long. I might try diff lengths of stems to see if thereís any difference. One on the bike now is a 45mm I believe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I was thinking the bike you rode at the SW Knollyfest was coil. No?
    Correct krob!

It was however a RS super deluxe coil shock which we aren't offering with this frame at the moment. I think Fox also offers the dhx2 in trunnion coil. Both are external reservoir shocks though and are significant heavier than the Cane Creek coil-IL. The coil-IL is unique in its coil performance to weight ratio...
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member
    Correct krob!

It was however a RS super deluxe coil shock which we aren't offering with this frame at the moment. I think Fox also offers the dhx2 in trunnion coil. Both are external reservoir shocks though and are significant heavier than the Cane Creek coil-IL. The coil-IL is unique in its coil performance to weight ratio...
    Storia Lok should also be available in TM this year. Current version is roughly 50 grams heavier than IL for 200x57 despite ext. res. Only price is way way higher

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Mrp has a version of the Raze called Hazard that has a compression/climb switch For lot of people its great out of the box. Avalanche does custom tunes if you're inclined.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    A Sendy Day at my local trails!
    LEGIT!!!! New name: Sendy McSatnson!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Would be curious how the new Fugitive would compare to the Rocky Mountain Instinct? I've shortlisted my first big wheel down to these two.. the VP build and the A70 Instinct are comparable in price...

Does anyone have any seat time comments about the Instinct? I'm coming from a 26" Gen2 Endorphin.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I demoed the instinct a month ago. Too short to properly test it out so take what I say with a grain of salt. Frame felt stiff, suspension supple. As far as those aspects, I'd say the 2 RM bikes I've demoed were fairly comparable to the 3 Knolly's I've ridden. Biggest difference to me is that distinctive 4x4 feel. All bikes were 2017\18 models.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I got a chance to sit on a pre-production fugitive tonight. It was a size large and the reach felt comparable to my size medium Warden. The production version is longer I believe. As another data point, the young guy who rides it has been winning a lot of our local Enduro races .

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I got a chance to sit on a pre-production fugitive tonight. It was a size large and the reach felt comparable to my size medium Warden. The production version is longer I believe. As another data point, the young guy who rides it has been winning a lot of our local Enduro races .
    I believe while sitted, due to the ~2 degrees difference of STA.

I just hope a Fugitive in Large to be more roomy than my warden C I have, otherwise I am trapped

Keep on Rockin...
    Correct krob!

The CC IL coil is an amazing shock, and like you said is unique as it offers the goods of a coil in a lighter package.

I'm waiting for the Fugitive to to be offered with the IL, maybe in the shorter travel flavor.

Not that I carry any weight, but I think I will give CC a call and put a bug in their ear.

mtbr member
    Yeah the reach on the L Fugitive is 18.8 and 17.2 on the L Warden C. I just hope the new Warden C has the 18.8 reach . The Fugitive sounds to be spot on...Just wish I could demo one before I buy.

mtbr member
    For those of you interested in a bolt-on thru axle for the rear (i.e., no handle to get snagged and loosened on tight trails) I got the thru axle specs from Knolly and contacted Robert Axle Project for the correct axle.

Hereís the link: https://robertaxleproject.com/shop/t...-x-1-0-thread/

The Robert Axle has 17mm sticking out the non drive side, whereas the standard DT axle that comes with the frame is around 25mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    Wow thanks inonjoey. Good to know. I might look into that for the build. I'm use to a bolt on my current Knolly.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Stacked
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Fugitive Rumors and Reality Thread-9218428c-087b-4348-8ae6-858c84188e30.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Nice welding! Where do you get your name stickers?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Nice welding! Where do you get your name stickers?
    Got them from Victory Circle Graphix. Cheers

Braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by inonjoey View Post
    For those of you interested in a bolt-on thru axle for the rear (i.e., no handle to get snagged and loosened on tight trails) I got the thru axle specs from Knolly and contacted Robert Axle Project for the correct axle.

Hereís the link: https://robertaxleproject.com/shop/t...-x-1-0-thread/

The Robert Axle has 17mm sticking out the non drive side, whereas the standard DT axle that comes with the frame is around 25mm.

That conical washer paired with one of MRP's axle would be the ticket. The Robert Axle is still pretty bulky.

Edit: or their lower profile one linked below.
    https://robertaxleproject.com/shop/l...-x-1-0-thread/
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    @knollybikes will there be a coil option for the fugitive LT? On your site it has a picture of a DHX2 but if you goto your shop there is no option. Thanks
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegromit View Post
    @knollybikes will there be a coil option for the fugitive LT? On your site it has a picture of a DHX2 but if you goto your shop there is no option. Thanks
    Hello thegromit

Yes, for the LT build the DHX2 will be an option. You are correct in that it's not listed in the purchasing options on our Shopify site which is an oversight. This was probably because Fox hadn't released this shock in trunnion mount when we built the online store for the Fugitive. We'll update it for sure, but in the mean time, you can contact your dealer and / or Knolly directly at info@knoll......es.com and ensure that you're order is with a DHX2.

Cheers,
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Are these shipping? or still pre-order phase?

Anytime. Anywhere.
    A friend of mine died holding his breath.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kabaroo View Post
    Are these shipping? or still pre-order phase?
    Ships mid to late August if you were one of the early pre-orders .

mtbr member
    Hummmm.. I was told July they would be ready? Did I miss something?

Funny Travis Bickle..
    k n o ll y r o c k s

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Not funny for my buddy and his family.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    Hummmm.. I was told July they would be ready? Did I miss something?

Funny Travis Bickle..
    I was told mid to late July....

"So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Mid june was the time frame when i pre ordered. I have an entire build kit waiting in my garage. August or later will be frustrating.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the cracker View Post
    Mid june was the time frame when i pre ordered. I have an entire build kit waiting in my garage. August or later will be frustrating.
    It shouldn't be surprising, however.
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    Its not, still a bummer. If end of August is now assumed and thats still 60 days out, it also would not be abnormal for it the stretch a few more weeks. So mid to late sept to sling a leg over a bike ordered in april is disheartening and toward the end of the stellar riding season in the mtns. Rant over.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the cracker View Post
    Its not, still a bummer. If end of August is now assumed and thats still 60 days out, it also would not be abnormal for it the stretch a few more weeks. So mid to late sept to sling a leg over a bike ordered in april is disheartening and toward the end of the stellar riding season in the mtns. Rant over.

I feel ya'. I've got a pile of parts too, but I have low expectations as far as delivery time. Before the snow comes to my mountains is what I'm hoping for. Sooner would be nice. I'll be riding this bike for years, so missing out on the tail end of a season won't be too bad in the long term.
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CHROMAG19 View Post
    Ships mid to late August if you were one of the early pre-orders .
    What about for the others... :-/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    Nope. I would never assume a new bike will drop on time. That's a great way to end up disappointed.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    confused..I thought you were joking about the timing on the frames arriving in one of the posts above you..

sorry for your buddy dude.. wow.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    A friend of mine died holding his breath.
    Anyone called dibs on the Fug he had ordered?

mtbr member
    Anyone called dibs on the Fug he had ordered?
    It's mine...next summer.

I'll be rocking the Endo this winter.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

what's that rattle?
    Does anyone have any news on a carbon version?

Not that I havenít been racking my brain on 135 vs 127.5 vs 120mm of travel and 36 vs 34 forks already! If itís anything like the Warden I am guessing 300g of weight savings for $1500, more than making up for the 34 to 36 weight differential. Stiffness wise I am guessing a bigger fork will be a better match for the frame, but itís been a few years since riding a 29er 34 so who knows?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post

Not that I havenít been racking my brain on 135 vs 127.5 vs 120mm of travel and 36 vs 34 forks already! If itís anything like the Warden I am guessing 300g of weight savings for $1500, more than making up for the 34 to 36 weight differential. Stiffness wise I am guessing a bigger fork will be a better match for the frame, but itís been a few years since riding a 29er 34 so who knows?
    Unless you are riding primarily xc-ish trails, the 36 is a better choice. I just put one on my Warden and it is amazing.

mtbr member
    Unless you are riding primarily xc-ish trails, the 36 is a better choice. I just put one on my Warden and it is amazing.
    I wonít disagree with you but I bet you most riders back to back wouldnít notice the difference between the 34 and 36. I canít tel you how many guys Iíve ridden with that fit the ďBroĒ enduro stereotype and think they rip on their 160-170mm enduro bikes and they look like a fish out of water when they ride anything marginally steep. And donít get me wrong Iím no ripper by any means. But a Knolly Endorphin or 120 fugitive would be easily enough for them. Jut my 2 cents.

what's that rattle?
    Quote Originally Posted by buddiesconfusion View Post
    I wonít disagree with you but I bet you most riders back to back wouldnít notice the difference between the 34 and 36. I canít tel you how many guys Iíve ridden with that fit the ďBroĒ enduro stereotype and think they rip on their 160-170mm enduro bikes and they look like a fish out of water when they ride anything marginally steep. And donít get me wrong Iím no ripper by any means. But a Knolly Endorphin or 120 fugitive would be easily enough for them. Jut my 2 cents.
    On the other hand having the full Enduro bike may keep Jerry out of the hospital!?

Trade-off on the two Fugative builds from my perspective is less weight and a higher sag point for better climbing vs improved damping and stiffness. 100% the 120mm version would be enough travel for me but at 110kg GVR Iím often annoyed by flex in forks, wheels, etc. Probably not held back by it but still!

mtbr member
    On the other hand having the full Enduro bike may keep Jerry out of the hospital!?

Trade-off on the two Fugative builds from my perspective is less weight and a higher sag point for better climbing vs improved damping and stiffness. 100% the 120mm version would be enough travel for me but at 110kg GVR Iím often annoyed by flex in forks, wheels, etc. Probably not held back by it but still!
    With you being 110kg that does changes things. Iím roughly 195pounds do I feel ya.

mtbr member
    I placed a deposit on an LT. in my situation there will be no weight difference between the 120mm and the 135mm as I would be using indentical parts in my build. Only difference is the travel setting on my Ribbon coil and the stroke on the DPX2.

I wonder how big the difference will be between the rides of the 120mm and the 135mm. I am thinking not to terribly different.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by buddiesconfusion View Post
    The 34 is certainly a good fork, but I definitely notice the increased stiffness and torsional rigidity of the 36. No question that it is the right fork for rowdy trails.

mtbr member
    What about for the others... :-/

Maybe Sept to mid winter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I do agree that most people would be better suited for the shorter travel bikes and would even enjoy riding on them more. You've got to remember tho, that not all of us buy long travel bikes just to have the "bro" image. I could ride most of my local trails on a decent hardtail. However the worst trail i rode today was so eroded and worn out that the sides were higher than my bb and not much wider than my pedals. I chose a warden over a shorter travel bike not cause i needed the travel, but cause i liked being able to keep the bb and everything else really high off the ground. As a bonus when i travel to ride unfamiliar trails (like knollyfest vanisle!) I have the extra cush to save my a$$ when i inevitably mess up.
    Last edited by Couleecruiser; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Couleecruiser View Post
    I do agree that most people would be better suited for the shorter travel bikes and would even enjoy riding on them more. You've got to remember tho, that not all of us buy long travel bikes just to have the "bro" image. I could ride most of my local trails on a decent hardtail. However the worst trail i rode today was so eroded and worn out that the sides were higher than my bb and not much wider than my pedals. I chose a warden over a shorter travel bike not cause i needed the travel, but cause i liked being able to keep the bb and everything else really high off the ground. As a bonus when i travel to ride unfamiliar trails (like knollyfest vanisle!) I have the extra cush to save my a$$ when i inevitably mess up.
    Couldn't agree more. If you are riding the Warden the 36 is definitely the right choice

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk View Post
    I wonder how big the difference will be between the rides of the 120mm and the 135mm. I am thinking not to terribly different.
    I've kinda been pondering that too, would be an interesting experiment to take two identically built Fugitives (say a fork like a Ribbon or Lyric that's in between the 34 and 36) with one set up 140/120 and the other 150/135 and ride them back to back, blind testing even.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018

I would go for the 36 with either the LT or 120mm travel option Fugitive so that you can get the RC2 damper (or the new GRIP2 damper). I don't think that most people would notice the stiffness difference between the Fox 34 vs 36, but I guarantee you'll notice a difference in the damper. The FIT4 is a "one size fit's all" damper that in my opinion is very difficult to setup for different rider weights or riding styles. It either dives too quickly when braking so has little travel left when you hit a bump, or if you add air, feels too firm on stutter bumps. That damper is full of compromises. To me it just feels like a rebranded CTD damper.

The RC2 (I haven't ridden the GRIP2) damper which I believe is only available with a Fox 36 is (again this is my opinion) a great damper which can be adjusted to stay high in it's travel under braking and feels great on stutter bumps. It can be setup for different weights and riding styles easily.

I wouldn't worry about weight difference between a Fox 34 and 36, I've replaced Fox 32's on both my wife's bike and mine, and with both forks in hand, could barely tell the difference if at all, weight wise. I have a Fox 36 RC2 on my hardtail set at 140, one on my old Knolly delirium set at 160, and one on my Rocky Instinct set at 150mm which I'll be putting on my Fugitive LT when it arrives. My wife will get the same fork for hers.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Fugitive LT frame ordered. Trying to decide which hubs for the We Are One wheels. 36 Grip2, and I think I have everything else. Kind of excited

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Knolly Fugitive Rumors and Reality Thread

Fugitive LT frame ordered. Trying to decide which hubs for the We Are One wheels. 36 Grip2, and I think I have everything else. Kind of excited

I went with Hope hubs and the Agent rims. Just got em last week. Very excited.

EDIT: chose Hope because the narrower flange spacing builds a symmetrical wheel, theyíre durable and easy to service. It was a tough choice between them and the DT350s...

mtbr member

Which shock did you go with?

mtbr member
    More important, what colour!

Can't wait to see some of these built up, guessing you guys are both going with 29ers over the plus tyres?

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Raw, which is what is coming first, and DPX2 EVOL unless the X2 is available.

mtbr member
    Raw, which is what is coming first, and DPX2 EVOL unless the X2 is available.
    Nice. I went with Raw as well, DPX2 for now. Plan is to see how that shock works out, maybe get it modded by Avalanche, maybe get a coil down the road.

And yes, Iím going with 29Ē wheels.

mtbr member
    Raw Large with DPX2 here. Just need the frame to show up. Rest of the build is:

Ribbon coil fork
    DT240 hubs on 30mm carbon rims
    XT Di2
    XX1 cranks with 0d offset oval chainring
    Magura MT5 brakes
    Bike Yoke Dropper

This bike looks like it will check all the boxes and I am ready to take a break from carbon....

what's that rattle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutton Chops View Post
    I would go for the 36 with either the LT or 120mm travel option Fugitive...
    Yes, better damping is a good call. I just switched a CTD shock on my current bike to a Float X EVOL and the difference is...hilarious. It would be fun to try out the different stroke shocks on a Fugitive as well, although I'm starting to think the 135mm setting is where it would stay.

mtbr member
    May 2017

Same here, (also raw and fox grip2) with i9 torch hubs, but i cannot decide which shock :-)

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Raw Large with DPX2 here. Just need the frame to show up. Rest of the build is:

Ribbon coil fork
    DT240 hubs on 30mm carbon rims
    XT Di2
    XX1 cranks with 0d offset oval chainring
    Magura MT5 brakes
    Bike Yoke Dropper

This bike looks like it will check all the boxes and I am ready to take a break from carbon....

May ask, which is your height / inseam ?

mtbr member
    I'm fully paid on my Large Raw Fugitive LT SL build with DPX2. I sprung for the I9 305 wheels (I'm a huge I9 fan) with orange hubs and silver spokes to match the frame. Depending on how the Code RSC brakes are, I may swap them out for Hope E4s eventually. I heard shipping August 21 through mid September. Now I play the waiting game and hope to sell my current ride.
    2013 Kona Process
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by formu1fan View Post
    I'm fully paid on my Large Raw Fugitive LT SL build with DPX2. I sprung for the I9 305 wheels (I'm a huge I9 fan) with orange hubs and silver spokes to match the frame. Depending on how the Code RSC brakes are, I may swap them out for Hope E4s eventually. I heard shipping August 21 through mid September. Now I play the waiting game and hope to sell my current ride.
    Congrats.

I have the Code RSCs on my new bike and they are great. A lot more modulation than the XTs on my Endo, but that's kind of nice and lots of power. No complaints so far.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    6í1Ē. Donít know my cycling inseam though. My last bike was a XL Ripley LS.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I will stick with my old XT brakes for now. I bleed brakes at work and in the time it takes to degass the 5.1 for SRAM, XTs are done . Much easier to keep a jug of mineral oil at home because it doesn't go bad.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I will stick with my old XT brakes for now. I bleed brakes at work and in the time it takes to degass the 5.1 for SRAM, XTs are done . Much easier to keep a jug of mineral oil at home because it doesn't go bad.
    Yeah, totally agree. I have standardized on XT's for our entire fleet. Easy to work on, plenty of power, and reliable. It's nice not having to get used to a different type of brake when I swap bikes too.

mtbr member
    If the current generation of XTs hadn't failed multiple times for me and for most people I ride with I'd be using XTs on the new bike. I just couldn't bring myself to buy more of the current design Shimano brakes. Once they redesign a new version I'll be happy to use them again.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Im going Magura.

mtbr member
    Checking out some builds you guy doing and taking note... building from frame up.. I'm splurging on the wheels and fork..)need all the help I can get for my weight and style)..Ordered Fug frame with DHX2 coil originally. . . . Want the 36 with Grip2 damper..but no go on 150mm..only 160mm - 170mm of travel. You guys running this fork with 160mm obviously right?

Also Magura like CHROMAG said sounds good...was going XT but hummmmm.............
    Need to explore a bomb proof wheel too...

thanks!
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    If the current generation of XTs hadn't failed multiple times for me and for most people I ride with I'd be using XTs on the new bike..
    How did they fail? I'm still a generation behind on the M795s.. should I be worried about the new M8000s on a new bike?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Checking out some builds you guy doing and taking note... building from frame up.. I'm splurging on the wheels and fork..)need all the help I can get for my weight and style)..Ordered Fug frame with DHX2 coil originally. . . . Want the 36 with Grip2 damper..but no go on 150mm..only 160mm - 170mm of travel. You guys running this fork with 160mm obviously right?

Also Magura like CHROMAG said sounds good...was going XT but hummmmm.............

thanks!
    Do yourself a favor and check out we are one agent wheels. Best carbon wheels anywhere IMHO, lifetime warranty, and made in Kamloops. I am saving my pennies for a set.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RX93 View Post
    How did they fail? I'm still a generation behind on the M795s.. should I be worried about the new M8000s on a new bike?
    There were issues with the earlier M8000s I believe, but it has been rectified for ages now and they're as good as ever. I'd be pretty keen to try out the 4-pot variety if I were upgrading my brakes.

mtbr member
    Blue frame heading my way next month .
    Cane Creek HELM coil fork
    Grade 300 I9 wheels
    Chromag bars , stem and saddle
    GX group
    Magura brakes
    Praxis Grinder carbon cranks

Does anyone want a Large Warden Carbon? LOL

mtbr member
    There were issues with the earlier M8000s I believe, but it has been rectified for ages now and they're as good as ever. I'd be pretty keen to try out the 4-pot variety if I were upgrading my brakes.
    Iím still debating going with the M8020 4 pots or rolling the dice on the Formula Curas. I love that the Curas are rebuildable and dual piston with plenty of power - IME 4 piston brakes add a degree of complexity that I will avoid if possible. Problem is that the Curas are still so new (I would buy 4 sets of pads from the get go).

I do have my We Are One Agent wheels with Hope Pro 4 hubs, a set of Hope cranks and a Robert Axle Project axle ready to go. Also ordering Deore XT DI2 and a Fox 36 Grip2 through my shop this weekend. Brakes and dropper are the last big choices.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Do yourself a favor and check out we are one agent wheels. Best carbon wheels anywhere IMHO, lifetime warranty, and made in Kamloops. I am saving my pennies for a set.
    Yeah - these look like THE choice. I'm lacing new rims on my Endorphin right now, and was really tempted...that being said, I'm saving my carbon $$$$ for the next hub standard and not lacing them to this setup as I forsee picking up another Knolly in the future.

@biz - Magura MT5s are really nice. I have 2 sets of the MT5 and one of the MT7 and won't run any other brakes.

mtbr member
    Shock choices..... I am going air on my LT. How does the SuperDelux stack up against the DPX2? I have never been in love with any of the Fox products I have owned but people seem to like the DPX2.

mtbr member
    Shock choices..... I am going air on my LT. How does the SuperDelux stack up against the DPX2? I have never been in love with any of the Fox products I have owned but people seem to like the DPX2.
    Iím going with the Fox performance elite over the fox factory shock . Same shock but in all blacks. Plus itís cheaper . Lol

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

thanks!
    I have had to replace a couple of XT levers in the past but overall, the cost, performance, and availability make them a clear winner for me. I am running the latest version now with no issues.

mtbr member
    That is how I am leaning. Just need to find a good deal on a 185mm Bike Yoke dropper and I am good to go.

Iím going with the Fox performance elite over the fox factory shock . Same shock but in all blacks. Plus itís cheaper . Lol

mtbr member
    That is how I am leaning. Just need to find a good deal on a 185mm Bike Yoke dropper and I am good to go.
    Message me .... I might be able to get you a deal on the post .

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    How would you compare the climbing on the Hightower vs Fugitive?

Finally my Fugitive LT arrived! Such a plush descender. Begs to be plowed into the chunder and so buttery smooth on the landings. Much more control on the drops compared to my Hightower LT. Coming down feels like my Nomad MK4 but so much better at going up. And very impressed with the passion from Noel, Paul, Cavan and Ken. Looking forward to rip it up with Paul and Ken tomorrow on Fromme. I've been told that I M the first Mortal to own the Fugitive. How cool is that!!!

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Blue frame heading my way next month .
    Cane Creek HELM coil fork
    Grade 300 I9 wheels
    Chromag bars , stem and saddle
    GX group
    Magura brakes
    Praxis Grinder carbon cranks

Does anyone want a Large Warden Carbon? LOL
    I was looking also for the Praxis Girder carbon, but according to Praxis, "... resently, we donít make rings that will allow a chainlink in that range (55.5 - 57.5mm) and the chainlink would be compromised."...

mtbr member
    I was looking also for the Praxis Girder carbon, but according to Praxis, "... resently, we donít make rings that will allow a chainlink in that range (55.5 - 57.5mm) and the chainlink would be compromised."...

Well thatís not going to work then.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast