Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Cheers Beefmagic. Thanks for the PM, unfortunately I'm in the UK so would get bent over with import duty.

Thinking about trying offset shock mounts and a works angleset for now, although I'd only lose about 15mm of travel (by my calculations) with a shorter shock, I use every inch of it as it is so I'd like to keep it if I can.

Alternatively, if I can get hold of one, I might just get a new frame!

How are people's experiences using dropper posts on Endos? I'd like one but would have to cable tie the hose to the top tube, not great imo. Would it be acceptable to drill a hole in it for a stealth dropper?!

%$#$*!
    I've got a reverb on my older model endo and I routed it along with the derailleur cables and zip tied the cables together. Worked great and looked clean too. It helps having a smaller frame so you might want to check to see if the reverb hose is long enough. I personally wouldn't drill my frame for a stealth dropper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-endo-4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Cool, going to have to wait a while for the Reverb, blew up the RP23 yesterday. Went pop after landing a drop (pretty heavily on the rear wheel, I'll admit), probably an air seal but could be something more serious as lost a fair bit of oil as well.

Good news is I've used it as an excuse to put a coil on it, got hold of a brand new Van RC and an offset mount kit for not much more than it would cost me to get the RP23 fixed. Never been a fan of the RP23, I was having to run it with about 15% sag to stop it blowing through it's travel, and even then I left ProPedal on level 2 all the time. Small bump was horrible as you'd imagine.

Yebo Numzaan
    lol...i know that pop sound! I did the same to my RP23. After this i noticed there was no rebound damping and i rode it out with rebound full on. Was able to do a temporary fix by pulling the air can off and putting it back on. This was explained as 'resetting the negative air'.

Decided to send the RP23 to Push and excited to get it back. I had a great time shredding on the RP23 before it blew up and hopefully Push can make it even better. They called to say they are going to put the large Fox volume spacer in...which is interesting. I didnt think it could take more than a medium.

I have the chilly set up with coil and this is intended to be my Enduro race bike so i am going to try stick with air for now. Rochshox monarch plus will be the next option possibly.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    Late to the Endo game, but here is my 2010 Endorphin. Size Large.

2012 X Fusion Vengeance HLR (Lowered to 150mm)
    Loving the Truvativ Holzfeller bar + 50mm stem
    Spank Oozy Evo wheels
    Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs
    XT Cranks + Wellgo MG1 Pedals

Haven't really had a chance to ride it for real yet. Looking forward to it.
    Updating with new pic and new specs:

Knolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-imag0111.jpg

2012 X Fusion Vengeance HLR (Lowered to 150mm)
    Swapped out the RP23 for a DBAir. Makes a heck of a lot of difference.
    Still on the Hope P2E + Spank Oozy but now I have the Trail Kings on them and boy are they grippy.
    Put on some E*Thirteen LG cranks.
    KS i900 dropper post.
    Chromag acute handlebar and Trailmaster DT saddle. If I could afford it, I'd put chromag on everything.

This bike is fun as hell, I cant say enough about it. My dreams of the Chili are waning as I don't see any weak spots in the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Here's a more up to date pic:

Awaiting a Reverb and Ti spring for the Van RC

mtbr member
    Deleted-- wrong thread

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Knolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img-20130715-wa000.jpg

can i just check if anyone has something like that happened? i vaguely remember reading about it, but not sure where.

the white crack looking line on the rear triangle, near the bearings.

anyone?

thanks!
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

http://www.mtbcut.tv

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

2014 Knolly Endorphin w/ CCDB CS aka Shadow

Hey guys, new to the forum but I've been reading up on everyone's Knolly! Lot of inspiration through all of your builds so thank you for all the pictures and bike setup. Here is mine!

Knolly Endorphin w/ CCDB CS 2014
    X-fusion Slant 160 RL2
    LS ETEN Dropper post
    Shimano M595 Brakes
    SRAM x.9 drive train (1x9)
    Race Face Narrow Wide 30T tooth
    Stan Flow ex rim w/ Hope pro 2 Evo hubs
    -Currently running into lockring issue where after a certain point the threads come unthreaded... may want to just get the steel hubs instead of facing warranty ..... otherwise loving the famous hope sound... click click click.....
    WTB Bronson 2.3 running tubeless

Knolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-backside.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-shock.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-wheel.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-frontside.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-profile.jpg

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Junersun View Post
    Hey guys, new to the forum but I've been reading up on everyone's Knolly! Lot of inspiration through all of your builds so thank you for all the pictures and bike setup. Here is mine!

Knolly Endorphin w/ CCDB CS 2014
    X-fusion Slant 160 RL2
    LS ETEN Dropper post
    Shimano M595 Brakes
    SRAM x.9 drive train (1x9)
    Race Face Narrow Wide 30T tooth
    Stan Flow ex rim w/ Hope pro 2 Evo hubs
    -Currently running into lockring issue where after a certain point the threads come unthreaded... may want to just get the steel hubs instead of facing warranty ..... otherwise loving the famous hope sound... click click click.....
    WTB Bronson 2.3 running tubeless

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backside.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	900183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shock.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	900184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wheel.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	900185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frontside.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	900186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Profile.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	900187
    Excellent looking bike. How are you liking the bike? What are you coming from?
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I come from a 2003 jamis expert. a more XC bike. This bike has been insane fun (only one ride so far). I still have to dial in the stem height and the shock... shock I'm going to guess takes a while with so much to tweak...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    what is everyone's axle to crown length? I think with my external cup and my xfusion slant at 160, I may not be optimizing the endo.

What are everyone's thoughts? should I lower my fork to 140mm travel?

Five5hot
    what is everyone's axle to crown length? I think with my external cup and my xfusion slant at 160, I may not be optimizing the endo.

"By shedding over a pound and basing geometry around a 150mm fork, this Endorphin is snappier than previous versions, and is designed for epic days in the saddle." - knollybikes.com

I'm currently running a 150mm fork and the geometry feels spot on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    thanks Rye!

when you have a chance, can you measure your axle to crown length for me. Unless you are running the xfusion Slant, it's hard for me to know what my length is compared to yours.

Five5hot
    thanks Rye!

when you have a chance, can you measure your axle to crown length for me. Unless you are running the xfusion Slant, it's hard for me to know what my length is compared to yours.
    Fox 34 fork came in at 525mm (52.5cm) when I measured it myself, which is not far off from Fox's specs. at 527.9mm (52.79cm) (2013 Product Specifications)

X Fusion Slant comes in at 545mm (54.5cm) according to their specs (X Fusion Shox - Slant RL2)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeBokeh View Post
    Fox 34 fork came in at 525mm (52.5cm) when I measured it myself, which is not far off from Fox's specs. at 527.9mm (52.79cm) (2013 Product Specifications)

X Fusion Slant comes in at 545mm (54.5cm) according to their specs (X Fusion Shox - Slant RL2)
    agree wth prev post, 150 suits the endo well (but this is a2c dependent), im putting 2015 36 floats on the endo, a2c at 160 is 536mm so no need to drop to 150 and still able to get same snappy geo
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    oh wow so bringing my Slant down to 140 is more like your 150 for a2c length... maybe I"m running too slacked out....

maybe it is worth bringing mine down to 140 then....

mtbr member

Cam's Green Machine

Knolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-green-enduro-1-1024x682.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-green-enduro-2-1024x682.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-green-enduro-3-1024x682.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-green-enduro-4-1024x682.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-green-enduro-5-1024x682.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-green-enduro-6-1024x682.jpgKnolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-green-enduro-7-1024x682.jpg
    Dream Bicycles & Fine Repair
    http://www.gravityguildgarage.com

mtbr member

I alternate between two forks - a Marzocchi 55 Microswitch TA with straight steerer (160/120mm travel) and an X-Fusion Slant DLA with a tapered steerer (160/130 travel). I believe both forks claim the same A2C within a mm. I like the behavior of the bike better with the Marzocchi. I think the extra 10mm of AtC added by the external lower headset cup when I run the Slant makes it just a smidge too slack. Then again, the Marz is just a better fork (when it works) so it might just be that the bike feels better.

On a related note, the geometry seems really off when I lower each fork to its "climbing" position. The bike feels like it's dragging an anchor when I drop the forks - so I only do that on the steepest of climbs. Effectively, the Slant should feel great in 130, given its 10mm external cup and long A2C, it should feel like the geometry with a 140mm travel Fox fork. If that's the case, I'm glad I have the longer fork - it rides better. I would err to the slack side.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Thanks! I decided to leave it at 160. I've been experimenting lowering my stem height so that I don't manual everything and that seems to be helping me with my confidence.

I may also want to experiment with stem/handlebar combo... currently running 50 mm stem with a 750mm handlebar... we'll see... been thinking about this build so much I'm getting worn out. I"m starting to just want to ride.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13