Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    hey bryan, thanks very much! exactly what i was looking for!
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

http://www.mtbcut.tv

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2 View Post
    28T (or maybe even a 30T) would work out well around here. Any trouble dropping your chain? Can the bashrings take a hit or are they just to keep the chain on the chainring? Any chance I can get a pictue of the other side of you bike?
    I haven't drop a chain ever since I got it. The bashrings are meant to keep the chain on, not really made to take hits, so I use a bash as shown here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Anybody ever try a Vivid Air on the Endo? Was thinking of possibly swapping the RP23 to try one out.

Oh by the way I own a 2010 Endo and a 2011 Podium. I'll get some pictures up for you guys soon! The Endo is still getting some new parts and I like to take pictures when its all done so you'll have to wait for those!

~Kyle

mtbr member
    Late to the Endo game, but here is my 2010 Endorphin. Size Large.

2012 X Fusion Vengeance HLR (Lowered to 150mm)
    Loving the Truvativ Holzfeller bar + 50mm stem
    Spank Oozy Evo wheels
    Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs
    XT Cranks + Wellgo MG1 Pedals

Haven't really had a chance to ride it for real yet. Looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    2012 X Fusion Vengeance HLR (Lowered to 150mm)
    Spank Oozy Evo wheels
    Hey honns,

Bit of a gravedig but I've been doing some research on the fork and wheels above and found this thread. How are you finding them both? I'm looking at replacing the Fox 36 Float and EX500 wheels on my Yeti SB66 with these, interested in getting the opinion of someone who has run them. Cheers!

Edit - also meant to ask if you've had any dramas with running the fork at 150mm, which is where I'd probably run it given the higher A2C.

mtbr member
    I have had no issues with the fork at the lowered height, the A2C doesn't bother me. I do like the vengeance, though I wish the endo allowed a tapered steerer. That aside, once correctly set up, the fork is butter.
    I have 0 complaints about my Oozy's, it seems that spank makes some quality stuff. If I had to do it over, I might get the Subrosa's but only for their wider girth.

I cant believe how goofy the bike looks in this picture, I am going to have to update this.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Cheers mate, feedback is much appreciated. Definitely post an updated pic!

mtbr member
    What is the float 36 you are thinking of replacing?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Its a 2012 RC2 that started out life as an RLC. I had the dampener added later and it definitely improved the feel, but it's still not as plush as my old Lyrik SA and doesn't get anywhere near full travel. It will be going back to the shop before I look to get rid of it, but will definitely be looking to swap it out if I can't get the feel right.

mtbr member
    Gotcha, friendly suggestion would be to get a test ride on a Vengeance. I find it closer to Fox than to RS in terms of feel. Up to you if it meets your ideal. I also considered a Zoke 44 RC3 that I still think about picking up every now and then. If you are looking for that uber-plush feel, I doubt you can go wrong with the Zoke and they are usually cheaper than your XFusions and Foxs (2012 Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti - Pinkbike)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Cheers for the comparison. I don't necessarily think the Fox is bad, but further into the stroke its definitely not as nice as I've experienced before. My other option is to try the new Lyrik RC2DH, by all accounts its an amazing fork, and I've been a fan in the past.

mtbr member
    You've got lots of great options out there, good luck :-)

mtbr member
    It is a crappy cell phone pic, but I just put the final piece on (Dropper). I hope to get some good trail photos soon if it ever dries out around here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-imag0117.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    can someone tell me if the Cane Creek 110.ZS44 short headset work with a 2011 fox 32 talas w/ tapered tube?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfony78 View Post
    can someone tell me if the Cane Creek 110.ZS44 short headset work with a 2011 fox 32 talas w/ tapered tube?
    No. you will need a different bottom - not ZS. the top 44 ZS will be fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Re: Knolly Endorphin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread

i just realized what zs and ec stand for. i will need the ec, external cup. please let me know if i am wrong. thanks

mtbr member
    i just realized what zs and ec stand for. i will need the ec, external cup. please let me know if i am wrong. thanks
    You are correct. You will need an external cup for the bottom if you are trying to fit a tapered steerer to a new Endorphin. That is the way they are currently spec'd if you were to buy a complete bike. The 67* head angle is based on a 150mm Fox fork with tapered steerer and an external cup (bottom) Cane Creek headset.

Correct me if I am wrong, Mr. Bottoms or Mr. Buckley.

Yebo Numzaan
    You are 100% correct. I made this mistake with my recent Endorphin build. I had the option for headset at cost and didnt take the time to check it was a ZS lower cup. I have a tapered fork. It all worked out in the end as the uppers / lowers are sold seperately which is cool.

If anyone is looking for that CC 40 series 44mm ZS cup....lemme know.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    What length seatpost is everyone using?

mtbr member
    What length seatpost is everyone using?
    9" of post exposed. XL Endorphin. 6'4" pilot.

Knolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly-profile.jpg

1 1/8th straight steerer. CC 40 ZS headset. Loaded 70mm 6* rise stem. Crank Brothers iodine 11 carbon bars. 2012 Marzocchi 55 Microswitch TA. ODI Rogue grips. KS LEV on the way.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thanks..i'm looking at seat posts and the thomson elite has 367mm and 410mm lengths..i'm 5'11 on a medium...will 367mm be tall enough? i'm not sure where the max insertion line is on the post, but judging by your pic, i don't think i'll put it up that high

mtbr member
    My 410mm has 275mm of post to play with. My math tells me that at least 1/3 of the post needs to be in the frame. If you can live with 245mm of post length, you should be fine with the 367mm post.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hello All!

Dragging up an old thread, I know, but hey ho!

Here's my Endo:

Build Spec:

Endophin Frame, M, Ano Black
    Cane Creek 40 headset
    RockShox Sektor RL DualPosition Coil fork, 120-150mm travel, RP23 XV Shock
    Easton Havoc 60mm Stem/750mm bars
    Hope M4 Evo/X2 Evo front/rear, 180/160mm rotors (Now deceased Formula RX's pictured)
    Either Shimano Zee 36t single ring or RaceFace Turbine double crankset 38/26t
    Superstar Switch Evo Hubs/Mavic XM719 rims
    X0 Rear Mech/XT Front with X9 Shifters, 11-36t Sram Cassette
    Bontrager XR4 Team Issue TLR tyres, 2.2" (for those in the know...)

I run it with a double or single set up depending what I'm doing. Love running single ring, but need the granny for serious Alpine climbs.

Thinking about experimenting with a shorter stroke (50mm vs current 57mm) shock and dropping the fork to 140mm, to drop and slacken it a bit. Anyone tried it? I measured the frame with the current shock fully compressed, had 8mm clearance between the wishbone shaped link and the frame, so in theory it should work as the shorter shock is 7mm shorter.

Been inspired by recent short travel slopestyle/play bikes (anyone see the Enduro SX? Nice!) and think it'd suit the Endo's playful character. Will report back

%$#$*!
    Nice ride! Just sent you a PM. I slackened out my endo with a -1.5 angleset and shortshocked (7.75 x 2.25) Avalanche chubie. Really improved the ride of the older endo, imo. I kept the fork at 150mm though. With the headset and shock adjustments, the fork felt great at 150mm (32mm marz 44 rc3ti for reference).

You'll lose some travel with a shorter stroke at 50mm. Lowering the overall i2i is what you want but I'm not sure you can go lower than 7.75 without bottom out/clearance issues. Maybe a 7.5 x 2 might work but you might be messing with the leverage curves too much.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast