Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Well, I've been using both Lyrics and Rev 150's for a while now and have to say, I like the lyriks better on this bike all round.

The revs are good on XC rides and I'll continue to use them for that I think, the Lyriks are just more fun though and let the bike live up to its potential.

I've lightened it up with tubeless ready tyres and X0 kit (poached from my hardtail)

I'll likely drop some of the new Magura MT6 brakes on there at 180/160 shortly but am going to fork out for a new shock soon as I'm unhappy with the RP23 (another thread is active on this)

I think it will settle in at about 32lbs then. Not too bad, just got to pedal harder!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    So my Endorphin is finally all built up and riden enough to get a good idea of what it all is about!

Now this build is very likely to be considered to be quite controversial I would think. My needs were a super plush yet light(ish) weight trailbike for very technical slow trails with plenty of large rocks and roots.
    There are much faster smoother trails here as well, but those just beoynd my backyard are really rough but lots of fun so those are my priorities.
    All reviews of the Endo was very promising to say the least and a good friend vouched for it beeing one of the most plush riding bikes out there.
    So as this good opportunity to make a good part trade deal presented itself I went for a Endorphin with little hesitation.

Most stuff comes off my previous trail/xc bike, as you can tell I was/am a bit of a weight weenie.
    That however, is not something that gets in the way of having coil sprung front and rear suspension!
    I have tried many of the "new and improved" air shocks and forks lately but nothing comes close to colis as far as I am concerned!
    Especially the Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti fork! Man is this thing plush!! The CCDB out back has a very hard time matching the plushness of the fork!
    And this is with very close to zero compression damping in the CCDB and with about 35% sag! Putting a ti-coil on the CCDB did make it feel slightly more supple on the small stuff but the fork still outshines the rear, by far I dare say!

The rest of the stuff on the bike are XTR shifters, front mech and cranks, XT spsd's rear mech and cassette.
    Wheels are Americal classic hubs with Stans Crest rims and DT supercomp spokes. Really nice and light! I do have a set of sturdier wheels for the faster/harder riding stuff.
    Brakes are R1's with Hope discs. Thomson seatpost, Raceface stem Easton carbon handlebar, Fizik sadle, KMC chain and Continental 2.4 X-king/ Mt-king tires.
    I have a few possible upgrades comming up in the not too distant future. Especially a Reverb dropper post!

Total weight as it stands now is 28lbs/12.7kg.
    I am really happy with the weight considering the sturdy frame and the coil shocks at both ends!
    As I mentioned it might seem a bit contradicting ly built, but it works really well for my kind of riding and for the kinds of trails I mostly ride!

I am super stoaked about how it rides so far! Might not have the riding position set up 100% yet. The strange seat tube angle is a bit of a struggle...
    The handling is spot on with intuitive and almost telepathic feel to it! The climbing in technical, steep and loose situations is amazing!
    It finds grip for me when I make small misstakes or when I am to tired to focus like I should!
    It allways feels like it is doing everything right!
    The only minor "issues" are the steep seat tube angle and that I would not mind having the rear suspension a touch more supple and plush.
    Perhaps Pushed Van RC or simmilar could be tuned to my needs? Any thoughts on that?

Here are a few pictures showing the trails just beoynd my backyard :

Thanks for a great and informative forum!

Regards
    /Magnus
    Sweden

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Magnus don't worry, throw conventional out the window, if it works well for you, that's the bottom line. For a dual coil setup, the end weight is very respectable. Even with a dropper post and chainguide thrown in, you'd be plenty good to go IMO.

I've been wanting to try that fork for a while!

I am waiting to hear from PUSH regarding tune types on a Van RC for the Chilcotin. Will holler back on that. I'm quite surprised you cant get the CCDB to exactly where you want it to match up with the fork up front with all the adjustability.

Nice bike!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks Chromagftw!

Throwing convention out the window is something that I often enjoy, in many ways! It is kind of part of what I do you might say

The CCDB is a great shock, and I am not far from what I want. But at the same time I am curious what a Pushed shock tuned exactly to my needs can do!
    All this "platform" suspension talk where you need to rely on compression (and rebound?) damping to avoid suspension bob (or similar) is just a compromise I belive. To me it looks like the 4X4 suspension design can handle very low, perhaps even zero compression damping quite well. Especially if you have a good even spinn of the pedals.

/Magnus

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Well, I've finally nailed the spec on my endorphin now.

I've gone through a few combos of parts. The main sticking point was either 150revs or 160 Lyriks.
    I kept trying to go lighter but in the end have saved a bit of weigh with wheel and added elswhere. I have bought very little new bits (except shock) as I've poached from my hardtail.

Its ended up as follows
    M Ano Frame with
    CCDB
    Rockshox Lyric 2 step air
    Hope Headset (FSA Orbit died)
    Thomson 70mm Stem
    Easton Haven Bars and Lizard Skins Charger Grips
    SLX Brakes, 180 Front 160 Rear
    Thomson Seatpost
    SDG Bel Air Ti saddle
    Chromag QR
    X0 Shifters
    X0 Rear Mech

XT Front Mech
    RaceFace Deus Crank and BB, Middle Burn rings, 36t + 22t
    990 cassette and 971 chain
    Race Face Alu bash guard (Blackspire C4 ring god broke)
    Time ATAC Platform pedals
    Hope Evo Hubs with Stans Arch Rims
    2.35 UST Ardent Front tubeless
    2.1 UST Advantage Rear tubeless

Aftr riding the coil rear, I've made up my mind to convert the lyrics to coil...
    Most of my issues with climbing was solved by using the CCDB as the air shock I had was wallowing around on steep climbs letting the front wander too much. I'd love to try a Marzocchi 55 RC3 but they're too pricy just now.

sapienti sat est

Giant Mountains - Czech republic

A few pictures from my vacation in the Giant Mountains, Czech Republic:

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Sorry... double posted.
    Last edited by Eastcoaster; 07-16-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by leexy View Post
    My new beast

*********************l/xbT1p[/IMG]
    Is yours an XS or an SM?
    I'm thinking about trying to track down an Endo for my next frame and am torn size wise. In looking at the old Endo geo chart (might have missed it but can't seem to find it on the new Knolly site) the measurements on the XS come in at where a lot of other mfrs size SM frames are.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster View Post
    Is yours an XS or an SM?
    I'm thinking about trying to track down an Endo for my next frame and am torn size wise. In looking at the old Endo geo chart (might have missed it but can't seem to find it on the new Knolly site) the measurements on the XS come in at where a lot of other mfrs size SM frames are.
    Mine's a small, hope that helps

mtbr member

the 27 pound Endorphin

Took me all winter to piece it together from parts but I finally took it on its first ride. Endorphin + Lefty is a match made in heaven What an awesome AM ride. I just can't believe how well this thing pedals. I'm working on taking better pics but I just got back from a riding trip and my bike is currently in the mail so I will update this post with better pics in a week or so.

2010 Knolly Endorphin bike specs:
    frame -- Knolly Endorphin w/ RP23, white, small
    Brakes- Formula R1 w/ R1 rotors (180 front, 160 rear)
    Wheels- Velocity Blunt SL with CX Ray spokes, Hope Pro 2 rear hub, and stock lefty front hub
    Tires- 2.25 Ardents, tubeless
    Fork- Lefty max carbon 140mm with PBR upgrade
    seatpost -- Thomson
    crankset -- Race Face Deus 175mm
    pedals Point One Podium
    cassette -- SRAM 990 redwin
    shifters -- Sram XO
    front D -- Shimano XT
    rear D -- SRAM XO medium cage
    cables & housing -- Jagwire Ripcord

Weight: 27 pounds

Last edited by Couloirman; 08-08-2011 at 08:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Some stunning builds. Medium riders- are tall are you etc?

Help! http://forums.mtbr.com/knolly/knolly...ml#post8359915

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Does anyone know the leverage ratio, eye-to-eye and stroke of the 2008 Knolly Endorphin frame? If so, Im looking at the Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3 and want to make sure I get the correct shock ordered. Suggestions on mountaing hardware as well would be great. I sent Knolly an email, but thought I would check here as well. Might get a faster response during the summer season. We'll see...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by reedallan View Post
    Does anyone know the leverage ratio,2.44444444 eye-to-eye and stroke of the 2008 Knolly Endorphin frame? If so, Im looking at the Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3 and want to make sure I get the correct shock ordered. Suggestions on mountaing hardware as well would be great. I sent Knolly an email, but thought I would check here as well. Might get a faster response during the summer season. We'll see...
    if you order it from Push, they know all the info
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    getting alot of pedal strikes, would switching to 165mm cranks help much? currently running 175mm xt m770s

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

The best bike in the world

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Some updates since my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by soderblom View Post
    Frame - Medium, White
    Fork - Fox 36 Van R (2009)
    Rear Shock - Fox RP23 (2010)
    Headset - Cane Creek 110
    Wheels - Transition Revolution AM --> Hope Pro II hubs and Mavic EN521 rims
    Brakes - Shimano XT M775 (F:180mm/R:160mm) --> Magura Louise BAT
    Handlebar - Easton MonkeyLite SL --> Chromag Fubar OS
    Stem - Chromag Ranger 70mm
    Saddle - Selle Italia XR --> SDG I-Fly
    Crankset - Shimano XT M770 22-32, 175mm w/ Gamut P20 bashguard --> Shimano SLX M665 (de-anodized) and a MRP G2 SL chain guide instead of bashguard
    BB - Shimano XT M770 Hollowtech II
    Pedals - Inspired Platform pedals
    Chain - Shimano HG93 --> KMC X10.93
    Cassette - Shimano XT M770 11-32 --> Shimano XT M771 11-36
    Shifters - Shimano XT M770 --> SRAM X9
    Front Derailleur - Shimano XT M770 --> n/a
    Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT Shadow M772 --> SRAM X9
    Front Tyre - Kenda Excavator 26x2.35 --> Continental Baron 2.3
    Rear Tyre - Kenda Telonix 26x2.2 --> Continental Baron 2.3
    Seatpost - Easton Havoc --> SDG I-Beam
    Seatpost Clamp - Chromag
    Grips - Inspired Lock-on grips

%$#$*!
    Quote Originally Posted by leexy View Post
    That's a nice looking Endo. Love the short stem and green bits!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Knolly Endo

Knolly Endorphin (Grey Anodized)
    Cane Creek S3 headset
    Fox 36 TALAS
    Fox RC4 shock
    Hope Pros on Mavic 819s
    Specialized Purgatory 2.4 Fr; Kenda Small Block Rr
    XT cranks
    Custom Bashguard
    XT Pedals
    XTR Front Derailleur
    Shimano Saint Rear Derailleur
    XT 11-34 cassette
    XT triggers
    Thomson X4 90mm/ 0deg stem
    Truvativ Handlebar
    Crank Brothers Joplin Adjustable Seatpost
    Specialized Saddle
    ODI Rogue Grips
    Weight: 33 lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Endorphin:  Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_endo_mk.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Silly question, and I'm too lazy to search the forum, but does anyone have BB heights and HAs values with say 150mm or 160 mm forks? The website say 13.4" and 67* with a 150mm fork, but I don't know if that is for the "new" one (i.e with a tapered HT) or the existing ones.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Murderface View Post
    Silly question, and I'm too lazy to search the forum, but does anyone have BB heights and HAs values with say 150mm or 160 mm forks? The website say 13.4" and 67* with a 150mm fork, but I don't know if that is for the "new" one (i.e with a tapered HT) or the existing ones.
    Website info is for the new one.
    The old one is:
    160mm 545 a2c (Fox 36) about 66.9 ha 14.1" bb (depending on tires and headset...)
    150mm 530 a2c (RS Rev) about 67.6 ha 13.85" bb
    150mm 521 a2c (Fox 32) about 68.1 ha 13.75" bb

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    anyone has the eye to eye for endo?
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

http://www.mtbcut.tv

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr11 View Post
    anyone has the eye to eye for endo?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    current running a ck rear qr on my endo, can it take fun bolts?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Fun bolts

Yes, just remove the QR inserts on the hub, the fun bolts will fit the threads.
    More info on aspire velotech and CK home page.
    Every man dies, not every man lives

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arnero View Post
    Yes, just remove the QR inserts on the hub, the fun bolts will fit the threads.
    More info on aspire velotech and CK home page.
    great, thanks!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast