Knomer

Knolly demo weekend - Southwest Utah - March 28-30

Hello Knomers,

We will be truckin' out to participate in the Fat Tire Fest put on by our good friends at Over The Edge in Hurricane, Utah. There will be about 12-20 Knolly demo bikes out there, including at least one Warden in medium, large, and XL. There will also be a couple Podiums ready to pin it down Flying Monkey. Come on out and get involved.

Due to the low numbers and high demand on the Warden, I would highly recommend calling the shop and reserving a half day.

OTE event page

OTE Facebook page
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Going to miss this one by a month. Any plans for a stop in oregon?

mtbr member
    Looking forward to seeing you again. travel safe.
    " They May forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them Feel"
    Carl. W. Buechner

mtbr member
    Ooo! Put me down for a podium for Flying Monkey. I've always wanted to do that ride (even though it scares the pee out of me from what I've seen) and doing it with a knowledgeable group on a Podium sounds like just the way to take it on.
    Last edited by KRob; 03-03-2014 at 08:28 AM.

mtbr member
    I wanna demo a warden..... oh wait, 12" of snow on the ground here fell today.....going skiing.......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Ooo! Put me down for a podium for Flying Monkey. I've always wanted to do that ride (even though it scares the pee out of me from what I've seen) and doing it with a knowledgeable group on a Podium sounds like just the way to take it on.
    Are you planning on coming out for the festival?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG View Post
    Are you planning on coming out for the festival?
    Thinking about it. We're coming down next weekend so I'll have to see if a quick return is in the cards.

mtbr member
    Unfortunately, I'm out of town next weekend. Look me up next time you come my way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm out of town next weekend. Look me up next time you come my way.
    Dang. Sorry we'll miss each other this weekend. I'm more definite on the OTE fest now so let me know if you want to hook up on any of those rides.

mtbr member
    Hey Dusty,

So is there an official sign up sheet for demos or do we just show up that morning and claim one? Also, do you know anything about the ride schedules? I sent an email to OTE but haven't heard back. Their site says to check the ride board but I don't see that on their site.

I can find my way around the normal rides but was really interested in some of the off-the-beaten-path AA rides like Flying Monkey, Nephi's Twist, and some of the Off-Goose stuff that Quentin knows. Any chance of seeing some of that stuff?

Knomer
    Hey dude,

I would definitely call the shop and see about a sign-up sheet. Depending on model, there might be limited availability. And yes, I definitely plan on riding Monkey, and Mesa, and both Rampage sites... all on My Warden!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Hey Dusty,

So is there an official sign up sheet for demos or do we just show up that morning and claim one? Also, do you know anything about the ride schedules? I sent an email to OTE but haven't heard back. Their site says to check the ride board but I don't see that on their site.

I can find my way around the normal rides but was really interested in some of the off-the-beaten-path AA rides like Flying Monkey, Nephi's Twist, and some of the Off-Goose stuff that Quentin knows. Any chance of seeing some of that stuff?
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Think I'll catch you guys down there on Friday night at some point and be riding on Saturday and Sunday. I don't want to pull a Warden from any others for a ride as I'm sure I'll get one regardless at some point but can I try to snag one from you at night for a mini urban session Dusty? Just want to get a feel for how it pedals compared to my Chilcotin. Fitting that an Afterbike party at OTE was my only test ride for the Chilcotin as well!
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Hey dude,

I would definitely call the shop and see about a sign-up sheet. Depending on model, there might be limited availability. And yes, I definitely plan on riding Monkey, and Mesa, and both Rampage sites... all on My Warden!!!

Cool. Let's hook up. You know what I like. I don't need to tie up a Warden either having already demoed one. Just need to throw a leg over a medium to compare sizing. But I would love to try a Podium on FM.

mtbr member
    Any Warden demo feedback from this event? Chomping at the bit to hear more real world feedback on the Warden.

mtbr member
    yeah, where's the vid of KRob nailing the Oakley sender?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hey guys,
    I got some time on the warden at the festival and will be getting one in the first run. My initial impression is it's 70% chilly and 30% Endo with bigger wheels. I had never pedaled a 29er or 650b ( refuse so call it 27.5) and the hardest thing for me to adjust to was the gear ratio difference. Riding very familiar trails, I felt a half a gear off. It's everything we come to expect from Knolly. Improvements in frame from chilly/Endo are cable guides that attach to linkage stealth routing for dropper, and modular hardware. After riding this bike I was left feeling that this is the perfect one bike quiver (if such a thing exist). I was able to build my hilly and Endo with hardly any overlap. They are two completely different animals but the this warden most definitely will overlap the two but it's got bigger wheels is my justification.
    The only slight issue I had riding the warden is just personal preferance but I felt even with a 160mm pike that the stack height is a bit low for my liking so I have a white brother stage 170mm on order for mine.
    Overall it appears to be a great entry point into the 650 thing for Knolly with room to go bigger (think 650 delirium) and smaller and ripping fast 125 mm if the industry is successful in killing off the 26 inch bike.