mtbr member
    Apr 2017

Knolly Delirium sizing dilemma...

I'm debating between a L and XL.

I'm 6'1 with a ~36.5 inseam and about ~170lbs

I'm on a giant trance x4 Large now and I feel a bit cramped. I hopped on a turner rfx large and I was good with the seat post all the way up. I also tried a Santa Cruz tallboy XL and it felt better.

Some specs:

Turner L - 17" reach and a 18" seat tube.

Santa Cruz XL - 18.7 reach and a 18.9 seat tube.

The Knolly L - 18.6 reach and 18.7 seat tube.

The Knolly XL - 19.2 reach and 20.3 seat tube.

I'm torn of I should go L or XL knolly. The L knolly is about the same as the XL tallboy. I don't have any bikes similar to the XL knolly that I can try.

Any Suggestions?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Just get the XL. I'm on a large with 32" inseam and am running a 150 post plus about 1.5" above seat tube. I'm 6'1" and don't feel stretched out at all.

With a 36" inseam a L would likely feel a bit low.
    Last edited by home_piece; 04-17-2017 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Height

mtbr member
    I already weighed in on the other thread, but thought I'd mention that even though I'm 6'1", I prefer the playfulness and cornering agility of the Large, but I have to put the seat all the way back, and run a 60mm stem with rider bars. However, the difference could be that my self-measured inseam is only 34". Perhaps if it was 36.5, the XL standover height would be better suited.

It looks like what folks are saying is right inline with Knolly's sizing guide. Even my measurements follow Knolly's sizing recommendations.
    "My car of choice is a 12 year old civic that runs on the tears of my life choices." - redditor

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    6'2" to 6'3" with normal inseam, XL frame, 125mm Fox Transfer dropper (no setback), 50mm stem, 780mm bars. Previous bike was a L Chili, which felt a bit cramped on climbs but was nice on flowy and jumpy trails.

The XL Delirium is a big girl. Wheelbase is long and bottom bracket is kinda low due to longer wheelbase. For chunky, tight, ledge trail riding, it can be a handfull at times, but going straight down nasty steep stuff is laughable easy. Still getting used to jumping the bike, manuals, etc., but overall glad I went with the XL for my style of riding.