Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I saw your build list but I don't think I ever saw a picture of yours. I guess I respond more to visual stimulation.

Sounds like a rockin' build. How'd the sizing end up working for you? I know you had a lot of questions.
    I posted a pic that emphasized the scenery as much as the bike. I've still got a few things to do (e.g. shorten cables, replace the SRAM grip shift grips with cut-down Oury grips) before I post a good pic with my build specs.

I hope you don't think you offended me by not ranking my bike in your most loved. I'm sure that other people have a totally different list of favorites than you. Everyone has their own preferences and I'm glad. I appreciate differences. (Actually, the last part of my VanGor44 post was meant to assure other posters that you weren't calling their "babies" ugly just because they weren't your personal fav. Just trying to be helpful even though it probably wasn't needed.)

As a tweener, it would be interesting to try a large to compare, but the one time I rode my Chili (sad, I know) it fit really well. Someone in a review referred to the Chili as a "scalpel". While riding, I kept thinking that was a good metaphor for the Chili's characteristics.

And another shout out to all those who helped me with my build. This was my first BIY bike and I couldn't have done it without the amazing amount of Knomer knowledge that was shared. I'm amazed at how little I knew coming into this build and how much I have now.

You guys are great!
    Last edited by TSC; 06-27-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    how tall are you?
    5'10"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCAL_STINKY View Post
    33.75 lbs with tubes, couldn't get the Hans Dampf to seat tubeless straight out of the box. I think its a very good weight considering the Hammerschmidt and Reverb post.
    That is a very surprising weight with that Hammer. Curious why you used the top tube to route the cable for it. Looks like you could run it down the downtube for a much cleaner look.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member

Rear Derailuer: Sram X0 Type 2, medium cage
    forgot to ask where you got the type 2 derailleur.

-cabra cadabra

Ride Hard. Go Fast.
    33.75 lbs with tubes, couldn't get the Hans Dampf to seat tubeless straight out of the box.

This is an art for sure and mastering it takes practice. I can mount tires now in under a few minutes since I do this for all my friends. Having a compressor is a necessity if you're going to be a tubeless person using foldable tires. I've never bothered trying this method with a floor pump, but I imagine it'll be much easier with any method by removing the inner valve core to initially seat the tire. Here's my method:

- Trick to mounting foldable tires is to get all the kinks out of the bead and sidewalls first.
    - (before mounting tire) Using a misting bottle with water and dish soap, spray around both beads this helps slide the tire onto the rim and also promotes sealing when you air it up.
    - To seat the tire and train it, take the inner core out of your valve stem.
    - Using a rubber nipple attachment with a compressor, blast air in and it should blow right up and seat. The key is to push as much air in as quickly as possible.
    - When it seats, you'll hear expansion and popping sounds -- stop airing it when tire feels rock hard and keep the nozzle on and hold in for 20-30 seconds.
    - let the tire deflate and be careful not to unseat the tire (hang the wheel on a stand or your handlebar grip).
    - using a syringe or their little bottles, squirt 2.5oz of stans fluid in -- make sure the valve is not located at the very bottom when doing this or the fluid would come gushing out, just rotate 15° in either direction.
    - Put the inner core back in the valve stem and air it up.

This works 100% of the time I've done this with stubborn foldable tires. Schwalbe HD, Maxsis larsen TT, High rollers, Ardents, DHF or DHR, Kenda Nevegal, Specialized 29er tires and a few other brands. I wouldn't hesitate to try mounting any tire using this method.

mtbr member
    I use pretty much the same method except I use a schrader adapter on the presta valve.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    forgot to ask where you got the type 2 derailleur.
    I picked it up at The Path Bike Shop, they got them in the day I bought it last week.

mtbr member
    That is a very surprising weight with that Hammer. Curious why you used the top tube to route the cable for it. Looks like you could run it down the downtube for a much cleaner look.
    Yeah I'm happy about the weight since the hammer is heavy as a tank. I thought about it but didn't want to double up the cables on one mount. I will be redoing it when I buy more jag wire housing, so either I will shorten it or reroute it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolBMXer View Post
    This is an art for sure and mastering it takes practice. I can mount tires now in under a few minutes since I do this for all my friends. Having a compressor is a necessity if you're going to be a tubeless person using foldable tires. I've never bothered trying this method with a floor pump, but I imagine it'll be much easier with any method by removing the inner valve core to initially seat the tire. Here's my method:

- Trick to mounting foldable tires is to get all the kinks out of the bead and sidewalls first.
    - (before mounting tire) Using a misting bottle with water and dish soap, spray around both beads this helps slide the tire onto the rim and also promotes sealing when you air it up.
    - To seat the tire and train it, take the inner core out of your valve stem.
    - Using a rubber nipple attachment with a compressor, blast air in and it should blow right up and seat. The key is to push as much air in as quickly as possible.
    - When it seats, you'll hear expansion and popping sounds -- stop airing it when tire feels rock hard and keep the nozzle on and hold in for 20-30 seconds.
    - let the tire deflate and be careful not to unseat the tire (hang the wheel on a stand or your handlebar grip).
    - using a syringe or their little bottles, squirt 2.5oz of stans fluid in -- make sure the valve is not located at the very bottom when doing this or the fluid would come gushing out, just rotate 15° in either direction.
    - Put the inner core back in the valve stem and air it up.

This works 100% of the time I've done this with stubborn foldable tires. Schwalbe HD, Maxsis larsen TT, High rollers, Ardents, DHF or DHR, Kenda Nevegal, Specialized 29er tires and a few other brands. I wouldn't hesitate to try mounting any tire using this method.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I use pretty much the same method except I use a schrader adapter on the presta valve.

Thanks for the tire mounting method. I tried a compressor and simple green, it was the nearest liquid in my shop, but couldn't get it mounted. First time I couldn't get a tubeless tire mounted lol. But like craigstr I just used an adapter.

mtbr member
    Very nice build socal
    I'm in a boat for a Blue color too,
    Just don't know where/when can get a hold one for now :-(
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Wetting the bead down with Stan's works really well too, it's always way more handy than soapy water when I'm setting tubeless up and I assume it helps in sealing off any issues in the bead/ rim interface. Watch the psi limit on the tire and rim when using the compressor. A buddy unknowingly went about 15 psi over the tire limit thinking it would seat best when really firm. The bead snapped, ruined the tire, put a big wobble in a new wheel, hit his hand so hard that his fingers looked like bratwurst and had everyone's ears ringing for quite a while.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    Phenomenal paint job on that 'now' KNOLLY fork!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Never got around to posting my finished build on this thread. I'll get a detailed review posted up fairly soon, I'm heading to Moab for a Burro Down tomorrow and will be in the GJ/Vail area high country the rest of the weekend putting the Chilcotin through it's paces. Been out pretty much every day for the last week and really nothing but positives to say about the bike. I've been making a point to hit all the extremes of riding I can think of and been playing around with the head angle adjustment a lot and it's been fantastic all around. I'm eager to get it out in some really tech/ledgy terrain over the next couple days to see how that goes.
    Sick build. Blue and orange looks nice.

TSC
    Buehliever
    I made my tires tubeless using a bicycle pump. It was a PITA and required lots of time. Until the tire conforms to the shape of the rim, an air compressor is definitely the way to go.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Ok I will play too. I built mine up last weekend and can't wait to hit the trails with my Chili.

My build:
    Frame: 2012 Knolly Chilcotin, Blue, Medium
    Fork: 2013 Fox 36 160mm RC2 Talas
    Shock: CCDB Air
    Rims: Mavic 819
    Hubs: Hadley
    Tires: Schwable Hans Dampf; Front: Trailstar, Rear: Pacestar
    Headset: Chris King Inset Model 5
    Handlebars: ODI Flightcontrol 750 mm
    Stem: ODI Flightcontrol 70mm
    Grips: ODI SDG Lock-on
    Brakes: 2012 Formula The ONE
    Shifters: Sram X0
    Rear Derailuer: Sram X0 Type 2, medium cage
    Crankset: Truvativ Hammerschmidt AM 170mm
    Bottom Bracket: Hammerschmidt AM
    Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb 125mm travel, 380mm long
    Seat: SDG Bel Air Ti
    pedals: VP Components
    Chain: KMC X10 SL-Ti
    Cassette: Sram 1070 11-36

33.75 lbs with tubes, couldn't get the Hans Dampf to seat tubeless straight out of the box. I think its a very good weight considering the Hammerschmidt and Reverb post.
    How is the Hammerschmidt cable routing working out? It looks like it may rub on the tire when the suspension compresses. On my bike I ended up using some extra zap straps to route the cable beside the cable for the rear derailleur. I also put some 3M tape underneath to try to stop cable rub from damaging the frame. Anybody else have any other solutions?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the tire mounting method. I tried a compressor and simple green, it was the nearest liquid in my shop, but couldn't get it mounted. First time I couldn't get a tubeless tire mounted lol. But like craigstr I just used an adapter.
    I think when you try it again after running tubes for a week they'll pop right on. Some tires just need a little time to get the shape and bead back to normal after being folded up.

My Hans Dampfs were the easiest tubeless mounting of any tires I've ever done..... but I did run them with tubes for a week or two before doing it.

Nice looking build. I'd still have a hard time deciding on color if I were ordering one today. The one I tested in Hurricane was blue and it really looks good in person. Your photo captures it really well.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by VanGor44 View Post
    ...So my Chili came yesterday...and by some same strange coincidence....so did I. Here's another white one which will hopefully make your list, K.

...and for all those about to ask, 2012 Marzo 66 EVO, which I custom painted myself, paint used PPG DCC 9300 for anyone who cares.
    That bike looks like fun just waiting to happen. Didja lower the 66 at all? This is interesting...man, that is a great looking build!

Greystoke
    Finally managed to get mine out of customs officials grasp,
    the build is at present , but as always gets modded as time goes by..

Frame: 2012 Knolly Chilcotin, Roar Large
    Fork: 2011 Fox Float 36 180mm RC2 Fit 1 1/8 steerer set at 160mm, but probably go to 170mm
    Shock: CCDB Air
    Front wheel: Easton Haven
    Rear wheel: Hope Evo straight pull hub on Stans Flow rim
    Tires: Schwable Hans Dampf on rear Trailstar : Front Muddy Mary Gooey Gluey
    Headset: Zero stack Nuke Proof
    Handlebars: Easton carbon DH 35 mm 800mm
    Stem: Easton Havoc 35 clamp, 50mm length
    Grips: ODI SDG Lock-on
    Brakes: Avid Codes 2011 200mm front & rear discs may go back to 185 disc on rear
    Shifter: Sram X9
    Rear Derailuer: Sram X9 short cage
    Crankset: Saint 175mm with Renthal 32 T Ring ( soon to be XO with MRP Bling Ring 30T)
    Chain Guide; DMR Viral
    Bottom Bracket: Saint
    Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb 125mm travel, 420mm long
    Seat: Selle Italia
    Pedals: Shimano 647 for winter , Spank Spike for Summer
    Chain: Sram 1090
    Cassette: Sram 1070 11-36

All set to cruise the beach after a little cable & steer-er trim

Just finished throwing it together last night, & it just might be the first Chili in NZ
    Last edited by geo025; 06-28-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Yebo Numzaan
    I have been experimenting with various tubeless setups.

Using Gorilla tape as rim tape - worked like a dream
    Mounting with soap water / clean green and a generator - i am pretty succesful
    Ghetto tubeless with a non UST tire on a non Tubeless rim...mmm not so sure anymore.

I was running a Minion DHF Exo 2.5 on a Mavic 729 rim - blew it off on a hard landing last evening.

I also broke my axle (hope pro 2 conversion from 135 to 142)...so got quite a fright when i popped my wheel off to put a tube in and my cassette fell off and rolled down the mountain

I am not sure which happened first / whether one event caused the other.

I was able to jam the cassette back onto the through axle and ride out chainless. bummer.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    I have been experimenting with various tubeless setups.

Using Gorilla tape as rim tape - worked like a dream
    Mounting with soap water / clean green and a generator - i am pretty succesful
    Ghetto tubeless with a non UST tire on a non Tubeless rim...mmm not so sure anymore.

I was running a Minion DHF Exo 2.5 on a Mavic 729 rim - blew it off on a hard landing last evening.

I also broke my axle (hope pro 2 conversion from 135 to 142)...so got quite a fright when i popped my wheel off to put a tube in and my cassette fell off and rolled down the mountain

I am not sure which happened first / whether one event caused the other.

I was able to jam the cassette back onto the through axle and ride out chainless. bummer.
    exo minions are crap ghetto tubeless i've done the same multiple times (blowoof). saying that i love the tires and had a set of mavic tubless strips that were for their crossmark? wheelset. they're a stiff plastic with a nice landing for the bead and i tried them in a set of mavic 721 rims, which they've worked perfect in for a few months of hardtail riding.

no burps, no blowoffs so far thats the only way i see the exos working. when i had them on flows with gorilla tape and my own syrup they blew off way too easy. i bought the strips on ebay a few years ago for $10. can't find any now, but i've read that the botrager rim strips work great and i've seen a few guys running them in the cheap chinese carbon rim thread with good success. can't speak for certain on the bonty strips but the mavic ones are great

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm running tubless on the Chilcotin with WTB i23's laced to Hadleys with Specialized Purgatory Control 2.4 tires. With this setup you still need to use tape and sealant, I'm using Stans, but WTB also has their own.

It was very easy to setup. I used a floor pump and the tire bead set at approximately 30-35 psi. Another thing to note is the Purgatory Control have a folding bead, which from what I've read is hard to setup.

As for the ride, everything has been very good so far. I'm located in the Vancouver area, and have taken the bike down some fairly steep rooty trails, I've hit some 3 - 4' drops and jumps and I've had no issues at all.

So far I would recommend this setup, another bonus is the wheels are fairly cheap.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    Holy ****!!! Stop hucking 30 footers to flat and these issues will go away.
    Last edited by TSC; 06-28-2012 at 11:52 PM.

mtbr member
    I tried posting the pics of my build but the files are too large...Damn
    Last edited by mayha; 06-28-2012 at 09:04 PM.

mtbr member

My Dream Bike

Building this bike was such a blast. I posted a few pics because when I was waiting for my frame I was obsessed with viewing all of the builds!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly-001.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly-012.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly-011.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly-006.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Building this bike was such a blast. I posted a few pics because when I was waiting for my frame I was obsessed with viewing all of the builds!

what size, how tall are you?
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Very Nice!
    Love the white frame. It was hard for me to decided between the raw and white.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    that is awesome, it looks like my D's little (er not so little) brother with white and green bars hung off the orange stem.

That bike looks like a blast. Let us know how she rides!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Lot of nice new builds here.

This one is old - sorry confusing - but at least it looks different compared to old postings because of color-coding... So, near 9months old one -

Specs, like in pic few days ago, are here:
    Frame: 2011(!) Knolly Chilcotin, medium white
    Fork: 2012 BOS Deville TRC 160, straight steerer tube
    Shock: CCDB Air (CCDB coil, Vip`R, RP23 and some others as spares...)
    Front wheel: Easton Havoc (in pic, Haven * 2 in stock)
    Rear wheel: Easton Havoc (in pic, Haven *2 in stock)
    Tires: Schwable Hans Dampf pacestar rear : Front Conti Rubber Queen 2.4 UST
    Headset: Reset Wan5, 15mm spacer stock below stem
    (there`s 14mm stack height in Wan5 - nicely compensated CC Angleset with -0.5deg slackening)
    Handlebars: Syntace Vector Carbon 740mm 12deg backsweep 10mm rise
    Stem: Syntace Megaforce 60mm +6degs
    Grips: ESI Chunky black, Hope grip-ends
    Brakes: XTR m988 Trail / 180mm Formula rotors (just trying those, Formula Ones
    are still my favs...)
    Rear shifter: Sram X0 gripshift 9-sp
    Rear derailluer: Sram XO, supershort 9-sp
    Crankset: XTR m970 9-sp with 34T Chromag chainring (have SixC`s and X0 DH`s in
    stock)
    Chain Guide; MRP Mini G2
    Bottom Bracket: Acros, broken one Hope and one Pace bb already ...
    Seatpost: CB Kronolog (have tested Blacx AM+ , Reverb and some others too...)
    Seat: Chromag Moon
    Pedals: XTR m985 Trail (using flats too, if lot of bigger drops on agenda...)
    Chain: KMC 9SL gold
    Cassette: Sram P990 11-32

Setup is perfect for me. Rear shock is mounted in steep pos, higher stack-height
    in headset gives slack enough steering angle. Prefer higher bb because of local terrain and not so smooth trails.

There`s now over 500 riding hours with Chili, zero probs with frame - not any play
    in pivots, totally silent combo. Climbs better than any bike I know. If now ordering new FS- frame, there`s no question what it would be.

BC
    mtbr member
    Yet another Raw to the fray.... Chilli Trail build
    Medium Chilcotin
    Rider: 5'8" 137 lbs

Xfer parts from Endorphin

Wheels: I9 Enduro W/Flow rims
    Fork: Fox Van 36 1-1/8"
    Thomson Post
    Thomson stem (70mm)
    Cranks: XTR 24/32 with homemade CNC bash guard
    cassette:XTR 11/34
    Saddle: WTB Rocket V
    Shifters: SRAM gripshift
    RD: SRAM X0
    Tires: F: Schwalbe Fat Albert R:Spec. Purgatory Control 2.4 run tubeless
    Pedals: Crank Bros.

New Parts
    Cane Creek ZS headset
    FD: XTR
    Brakes: XTR trail 160 F&R
    Bars: Answer Carbon

Endorphin/Chilcotin comparison review forth coming after more ride time.
    Initial impression..

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Nice, lakesnake! Hope to see you rolling (er, ripping by me) on the trails here soon.

mtbr member
    yes, very nice lakesnake. mine just arrived today. unfortunately for it, it's a long weekend and i'm working. the beers are already flowing so it'll be monday before i build it up.

big thanks to wilks for my chili. if anyone is looking to buy one, shoot him a pm. he was great to deal with and treated me awesome. thanks wilks

mtbr member
    Today, a video posted on Vitalmtb.com on how to mount tubeless tires like a WC mechanic. Basically everything everyone has mentioned already, but I really enjoy the vids from CRC and Vital.

CRC Tech Windham: Fitting Tubeless Tyres - Mountain Biking Videos - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullit_cn View Post
    Very nice build socal
    I'm in a boat for a Blue color too,
    Just don't know where/when can get a hold one for now :-(
    It worth the wait, I love the blue in person. I think they painted it pearl white or silver first then blue. It really pops in the sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I think when you try it again after running tubes for a week they'll pop right on. Some tires just need a little time to get the shape and bead back to normal after being folded up.

My Hans Dampfs were the easiest tubeless mounting of any tires I've ever done..... but I did run them with tubes for a week or two before doing it.

Nice looking build. I'd still have a hard time deciding on color if I were ordering one today. The one I tested in Hurricane was blue and it really looks good in person. Your photo captures it really well.
    That was my plan have them tubed for a week or so then go tubeless. Thanks the blue really is nice in person.

mtbr member
    Some killer new builds guys!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    Very Nice!
    Love the white frame. It was hard for me to decided between the raw and white.
    I know, it was hard to choose because every color offered is really nice. I was between blue and white and decided on white because I intended on accents. I just can't get over the quality of these frames. Just on a different level!!!

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    More photos of a blue one pls!
    Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Nice, lakesnake! Hope to see you rolling (er, ripping by me) on the trails here soon.
    The TX Knolly force is growing...

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=TSC;9452183]I posted a pic that emphasized the scenery as much as the bike. I've still got a few things to do (e.g. shorten cables, replace the SRAM grip shift grips with cut-down Oury grips) before I post a good pic with my build specs

*** I think the nicest part of you build is the wheelset...hands down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    that is awesome, it looks like my D's little (er not so little) brother with white and green bars hung off the orange stem.

That bike looks like a blast. Let us know how she rides!
    Thanks! Do you have any pics of yours Character Zero?

EJC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemeat View Post
    More photos of a blue one pls!
    Blue Chili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-025.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    Blue Chili
    Nice build! How do you like the Hans Dampf on the Chili? I was thinking of picking up a set.

mtbr member
    How do you like the ENVE wheels?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe76LJC View Post
    Nice build! How do you like the Hans Dampf on the Chili? I was thinking of picking up a set.
    Not sure about HD's on a Chili specifically, dont have the frame yet, but they are killer tires on an Enduro (somewhat similar travel and geo).

EJC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Great all around tire at lower psi. First ran them at 30/32 like my other tubeless tires but had poor cornering performance.
    Dropping the pressure to 22/24 was a huge improvement.

EJC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    How do you like the ENVE wheels?
    Difficult to answer without a direct comparison, but the bike does accelerate a lot faster than expected. Possibly related to decreased rotational weight? I bought the bike for downhill performance but I'm finding that my times on xc trails are almost as fast as my xc bike which has the heavier Easton Havoc AM wheels.

mtbr member
    Blue Chili
    that is a solid bike, got a build list?

-cabra cadabra

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    THanks EJC very nice! Is that a medium?
    Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

EJC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    that is a solid bike, got a build list?
    Frame: Medium
    Fork: X-Fusion Vengeance HLR coil tapered dropped to 160mm
    Rear Shock: CCDB coil 400lb spring
    Brakes: XTR Trail 180/180
    Crankset: RaceFace Sixc 24/36/bash
    Wheelset: Enve AM with DT 240 hubs
    Shifters: XTR
    Front Derailleur: XTR
    Rear Derailleur: XTR Shadow Plus
    Cassette: XTR 11-36
    Tires: Hans Dampf Pacestar
    Handlebar: Race Face Sixc
    Pedals: Twenty6 Predator Ti
    Headset : CK Inset 5
    Seatpost: RS Reverb
    Saddle: WTB Rocket V SLT
    Stem: RaceFace Turbine 60mm
    Grips: Ergon GA-1

Wt. 31.5
    -Big thanks to Brian Waugh at Wrench Science for helping me with the build.
    Last edited by EJC; 07-01-2012 at 09:14 PM.

mtbr member

Blue is the new black

That's it!
    Finally got myself decided on color choice
    I like your blue+black+white combo EJC
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Frame: Medium
    Fork: X-Fusion Vengeance HLR coil tapered dropped to 160mm
    Rear Shock: CCDB coil 400lb spring
    Brakes: XTR Trail 180/180
    Crankset: RaceFace Sixc 24/36/bash
    Wheelset: Enve AM with DT 240 hubs
    Shifters: XTR
    Front Derailleur: XTR
    Rear Derailleur: XTR Shadow Plus
    Cassette: XTR 11-36
    Tires: Hans Dampf Pacestar
    Handlebar: Race Face Sixc
    Pedals: Twenty6 Predator Ti
    Headset : CK Inset 5
    Seatpost: RS Reverb
    Saddle: WTB Rocket V SLT
    Stem: RaceFace Turbine 60mm
    Grips: Ergon GA-1

Wt. 31.5
    -Big thanks to Brian Waugh at Wrench Science for helping me with the build.
    This is what my Chili hopes to be when it grows up and I don't have massive tuition...

Donkey Puncher
    I run the HD evo's on my chili.. Im 215 ride wieght, just checked tire pressure rear was 21.5 front was 24.6 -- More than likely burped some air...worked well tho, loamy and wet...for those conditions I started at 26F/30R. Typical setup for other conditions I use 32F/ 35R for hardpack conditions, 28F/32R dry/ loose... all tubeless mind you.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast