Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46
Results 1,126 to 1,142 of 1142
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous View Post
    So Ive a couple of solid moths on my Chilcotin and Im quite happy with it. Admittedly the Slash I had prior climbed a bit better when it came to smooth dirt/gravel road climbs. But outside of that the Chilly owns it hand down. The Slash took a bit of man handling when it came to railing berms, the Knolly however is out freaking standing. The way it just settles into its travel and sticks when your coming around is hard to put into words. The other thing thats glaring obvious comparing the two is how active the rear end is even while braking making it very predictable, and smoother in the chunk, and pretty easy to plow if thats your thing. Im not the best when it comes to jumping but I really cant tell any difference between the 2. Dropping however is pretty much just a matter of holding and letting the bike do its thing.

The Nobl carbon wheels have held up without a hiccup even with my 250lb weight and the occasional trip to the bike park. Im quite happy with them. And just because here another pic.

Attachment 906760
    I would be interested in a more detailed comment on the Nobl wheels. What do you like about them? How have they differed from what you had before? Etc.

tw

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have the rims built up with kings and X-ray spokes. They are holding up great this far. A few good rock strikes from under inflated tires and lack of grace through tech sessions, but no visible damage to the rims. They are hooked, which doesn't seem to be an issue. If you want to run them with Stan's strips, you will need valve extensions as the rims are deep, and anything less than a 42mm valve stem will make it impossible to attach a pump to inflate. I will be converting mine to tubeless in the next few weeks and can update you on how that goes if you like.

As far as likes and dislikes, the only complaint I would have is that the machining where they cut the hook in the rim sidewall isn't absolutely perfect. This is only noticeable when in a truing stand, but it makes you think the rim is slightly out of radial true. I don't think this is uncommon in aluminum rims either, but I thought I would mention it. Pretty much everything else I can say about them is great. They are lighter than the old velocity VXC cross country rims I had on my XC bike at under 400g. They are as stiff if not stiffer than the mavic 721s I was running and are similar in width. I've put dents in the 721s that have left the nobl rims visibly unaffected. It's my first season on them so I can't comment on their long term durability but it looks good so far. They have also taken a couple rock strikes on the sides which have left visible scratches, but again seem to only be cosmetic.

BL
    MCM #269

"Lightweight , durable , inexpensive
    Pick 2."

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks. What about the way they feel as you climb / descend etc?
    I'm on 719s, a little lighter than you and generally not too hard on wheels, but I am intrigued by the various carbon options out there in this price point.

tw

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    As expected, bike feels more peppy on climbs due to the lighter weight. On the downs, they are as stiff or stiffer than my 721s. A little more predictable in the corners maybe? Tire pressure and tire choice will make a bigger difference on the down.
    MCM #269

"Lightweight , durable , inexpensive
    Pick 2."

mtbr member

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread

My chili handled HITG near Truckee CA like a champ....even climbed to donner summit by accident....pay attention to your maps....Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1405628746.541732.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1405628770.690870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Damn, that's a good looking Chilcotin! I really dig the orange.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG View Post
    Damn, that's a good looking Chilcotin! I really dig the orange.
    Thanks! I am never worried about finding my bike thats for sure.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    JHart, seems like that Pike a good match. Thoughts? I've got a Lyrik DH, but would love to get a Pike dual position to get a more aggressive climbing position for the steep ups.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fanderson View Post
    JHart, seems like that Pike a good match. Thoughts? I've got a Lyrik DH, but would love to get a Pike dual position to get a more aggressive climbing position for the steep ups.
    The pike is awesome! I can't say enough about it. Mine is not the dual position, I was considering going that way since I do a lot of climbing but my buddy has a Lyrik that is Dual Position and he is always messing with it while we are riding and it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. I only notice the front end wondering on really steep stuff where its hard to keep my weight forward but I think even with dual position I would be having a hard time.

But again as for the fork itself, I am very pleased, it handles all I can throw at it and I am sure a lot more than that. I have ridden the Lyrik, Fox 34 and Manitou line up and this blows them all out of the water.....But I have head lots of good things about the new Fox.

thing that should not be

Cool-blue Rhythm Just joined the Knolly club

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-2014-07-31-12.47.15-1.jpg

Just got her built up yesterday and loving IT!!!

Build List:
    Knolly Chilcotin Raw ano S (3d rockers)
    Fork: Rockshox Pike RCT3 160mm
    Shock: CCDB Air CS
    Drivetrain: SLX group with XT casette and XTR chain
    Crank: SLX with Wolftooth Drop stop 32t red ano ring
    Brakes: SLX
    Headset: Hope
    Seatpost: Rockshox reverb 125mm
    Stem: Deity Cavity 50mm
    Handlebars: Deity CZ38 special 760mm
    Pedals: Spank Spikes
    Rims: Spank Oozy
    Hubs: Hope Pro 2
    Tires: Continental Rubber Queen 2.2s

Weight: 13.8 kilos or 30.8 pounds for you guys

Incoming/ Future additions:
    Wolftooth 40t cassette extender (After trail testing and I think I need a better climbing gear)
    One Up components 16t cog to smooth out the range
    Stickers
    Marshguard fenders front and rear
    Maybe a new saddle

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

New Chilcotin

Here is my Chilcotin:

Raw, medium.
    Shock: CCDBA-CS
    Fork: 2015 Fox float 36 160mm
    Wheelset: Easton Havoc Wheelset
    Drivetrain: XT 2x10 Drivetrain with RaceFace Evolve cranks and gold KMC x10 SL chain (love me the gold chain)
    Brakes: XT brakes, 180mm rotors
    Headset: Cane Creek
    Pedals: XT trail
    Stem: RaceFace Evolve 60 mm
    Bars: RaceFace Atlas Kash-money bar and matching grips
    Tires: Conti TrailKing 2.4s front and rear, UST tubeless (Heavy but super in corners)

~32.6 lbs on bathroom scale

Loving it on the downhills, a bit harder uphill than my 29er XC bike. But thats what I expected. Everything has been awesome except for a crazy brake pad failure last weekend where the pad fell apart while I was descending (see brakes forum).

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_1104.jpg
    Last edited by alex345; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:28 AM. Reason: more info

mtbr member
    Might want to double check your bathroom scale...

killer build though!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alex345 View Post
    Here is my Chilcotin:

Raw, medium.
    CCDBA-CS
    2015 Fox float 36 160mm
    Easton Havoc Wheelset
    XT 2x10 Drivetrain with RaceFace Evolve cranks
    XT brakes
    KS-LEV dropper
    RaceFace Atlas Kash-money bar and matching grips
    Conti TrailKing 2.4s front and rear (Heavy but super in corners)
    22.6 lbs on bathroom scale

Loving it on the downhills, a bit harder uphill than my 29er XC bike. But thats what I expected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1104.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	921214
    surely you mean 32.6 lbs.?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Ha, yea. Fixed that up. Running the trail kings at 20 front, 22 rear and no rim strikes today down a fast rocky trail

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Completely missed my point...I'm simply curious as to how the Warden rides in comparison. I have zero plans to replace anything. I have a Chilcotin and a Podium that kick a$$ and will be riding for years. I actually just bought a Woodie for the Chilly because of all the blow jobs it's been getting. That said, I follow the DH World Cup closely and I'm very interested to see who's going to be killing it this year and on what rig. It was pretty fun watching the World Champs in South Africa last year with riders on single crowns, 650B, full DH bikes, and the prototypes from Devinci.

I think the warden climbs better the chili and is a bit more lively on the downs . Bigger wheels fill in bigger hole on both the downs and ups

Unit 91
    Updated Chili. Decided to put a 160mm Pike I had on instead of the Zocchi 55CR. Rode it this way all weekend at Snowshoe Mountain in WV and never felt held back. Took it out last night on the local trails and was very surprised by how it climbed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-image.jpg  

Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    razmaru
    Nice looking Chili.
    Welcome to the club, you are going enjoy the Knolly for sure!
    Last edited by Jerelk; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:54 PM. Reason: No name reply

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46