Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    As of the Feb Chilcotin run (what we've recently been shipping), all RP23 shocks are coming with the small volume spacer in them: the rest of the tune is the same as before (i.e. BV=200 PSI, HV2 Air Can, Rebound = L, and Compression = Low).

Cheers,
    Thanks for the update Noel. I've got the medium spacer in mine and it's working well.

Enjoy Fruita.

mtbr member

Large build

Bike setup:
    *Frame size and color: Large raw.
    *Rear Shock: CCDBair
    *Fork: 2012 Fox Float 36 RLC tapered w/Kashima (black from Knolly!)
    *Pedals: Point 1 Podium raw.
    *Brakes: Shimano Saint 203 front/180 rear
    *Shifters: Shimano XT 9spd
    *Deraileurs: Shimano XT 9spd w/mid cage rear.
    *Chainguide: MRP LRP
    *Bashguard: BBG 36T raw.
    *Cranks: Shimano XT with 26/36 rings & Saint BB
    *Casette: Shimano XT 11-34 9spd
    *Chain: Sram 9spd
    *Stem: Thompson 80mm with 25mm spacers.
    *Headset: Chris King
    *Bars: Easton Carbon DH 711mm wide & 40mm rise.
    *Grips: Oury Lock on
    *Seatpost Reverb with Thompson collar
    *Seat: WTB Pure V
    *Wheels: Syncros DS28 on King hubs with brass nips and straight gauge spokes.
    *Tires: Maxxis Ardent 2.4 Exo front 2.25 Exo rear.
    *Tubes: Q tubes 2.1 front 2.4 rear

Rider:
    Weight around 220 RTR and height 6'1"

Frame and CCDBair weight: 8 lbs. 2 oz.
    Complete bike weight: 33 lbs. 12oz.

Notes: Chilcotin has been set up for trail riding with comfort for long rides being the priority. Delirium is now set up for downhill performance.

Frame was very easy to build. The line routing and front deraileur mount on the Chilcotin are excellent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-001.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-002.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-003.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-004.jpg  

Portland Off Road Navagators

Greystoke
    Nice build, Bubba how is the fit ? You are around my build & have opted for an 80mm stem, do you normally like a larger frame ?
    I'm planning on a 50mm stem & 800mm bars on my size large if it ever turns up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geo025 View Post
    Nice build, Bubba how is the fit ? You are around my build & have opted for an 80mm stem, do you normally like a larger frame ?
    I'm planning on a 50mm stem & 800mm bars on my size large if it ever turns up.
    Thanks Geo, The fit is great for me. I have a long torso/short leg combo for my height. My riding style may be a little different because I like to have good leverage on the front of the bike for manuals over trail obstacles. It is possible that my manual technique just sucks, but I can't deny that I like the bars up near seat level most of my riding.

I have a harder time lifting my Delirium's front end with the 70mm stem and 750mm wide/ 20mm rise bars. At high speeds, the short stem / wide bar combo works fine for getting the front end up. But at slow speeds, the longer stem / riser bar gives better leverage to lift the front and is more comfortable for long rides.

"Slam that stem" just doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by bubba13; 05-01-2012 at 11:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    Thanks Geo, The fit is great for me. I have a long torso/short leg combo for my height. My riding style may be a little different because I like to have good leverage on the front of the bike for manuals over trail obstacles. It is possible that my manual technique just sucks, but I can't deny that I like the bars up near seat level most of my riding.

I have a harder time lifting my Delirium's front end with the 70mm stem and 750mm wide/ 20mm rise bars. At high speeds, the short stem / wide bar combo works fine for getting the front end up. But at slow speeds, the longer stem / riser bar gives better leverage to lift the front and is more comfortable for long rides.

"Slam that stem" just doesn't work for me.
    Interesting... never looked at set up from this perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    and when the bike market throws out the next latest greatest thing, you'll sell up and move onto that too.

B1TCH

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

my new bike

thank you Qwan for getting me to buy a knolly!

Frame: Large w/ db air
    Fork: X-fusion vengeance hlr
    Brakes: Xtr 988 trails w/hope rotors
    Wheelset: silver kings w/ex500
    cranks:Truvativ oct 165
    shifter: xo 9spd
    derailer: x7 short
    Stem: 50mm Chromag ranger
    Bars: race face atlas freeride
    saddle: wtb devo
    tires: highroller2 2.4/ardent exo 2.4

im 6'1" 215lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-2.jpg  

Ride Hard. Go Fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by fedup2 View Post

im 6'1" 215lbs
    Welcome to the tribe

Bike looks pretty cool with those neon pedals. I'm guessing you're down to 31.5 lbs now.

TSC
    Buehliever
    The way the decal plays with the light makes me jealous. Hopefully the 2013 Delirium comes in black on black so I can join the club.

Greystoke
    ^^^^I think that's the pedals reflecting off the decal....looks dam good to me & with one ring to rule them all...

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    fedup2 what pedals?
    Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

www.mtbfreeride.tv
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fedup2 View Post

im 6'1" 215lbs
    why the hope rotors over the ice tec ones?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

hey GREASyMEAT

the pedals are twenty6 prerunners and i went went with hope rotors over ice tech just because i had hopes from last bike.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    fedup,

that chilly looks doooope! nice work. those black frames are stupid HAWT

Bubba, interesting you are rocking the D/chili quiver, not too many with this combo i would guess.The more obvious combo of Podium/chili or D/endo seems to prevail. Curious to see what you thoughts are on it after a few months. Where is most of you trail and shuttle/park riding at? I lust after the chili, already have a D that I love, want to build a full blown DH rig but can't currently justify it, and really just need a trail bike for long and lighter duty rides. cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by altadank View Post
    fedup,

that chilly looks doooope! nice work. those black frames are stupid HAWT

Bubba, interesting you are rocking the D/chili quiver, not too many with this combo i would guess.The more obvious combo of Podium/chili or D/endo seems to prevail. Curious to see what you thoughts are on it after a few months. Where is most of you trail and shuttle/park riding at? I lust after the chili, already have a D that I love, want to build a full blown DH rig but can't currently justify it, and really just need a trail bike for long and lighter duty rides. cheers
    I will post up more about the Chili and Delirium in another future thread. I doubt my experiences will be much different than Woodyak's though.

So far I am really digging the Chilcotin for trail rides and fast/flowy jump and berm style riding. It is really quick through the corners and accelerates better than the D. Another obvious thing that I have noticed is that the Chilcotin's rear suspension does not eat up chunky trail as well as the Delirium. Small and medium hits are good, but when the trail gets really rough with constant bumps, the Chilcotin cannot keep up with the beating. Shock tuning may improve this some, but it is a different bike and I can't expect it to do the same thing.

The Chilcotin and Delirium quiver is perfect for me. I can use either bike on the trails here in the PNW. If one bike is down, I have the other one to ride. They are just different enough to have their own specialties and similar enough to cover all of the bases.

Back to the builds.
    Last edited by bubba13; 05-10-2012 at 02:09 PM.

mtbr member

Like a Virgin

Crash the Dog gave me a great deal on this White Lyrik RC2DH, 170mm that I could not pass on. I was reluctant getting white on white but after I got it, it doesn't look bad. Thanks RJ, the fork feels great!

Updated pick with Lyrik RC2DH

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-2012-05-15-17.38.39.jpg

mtbr member
    Looks great!

Is it a Solo Air? I'm loving mine so far.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

%$#$*!
    FNG, how's the lyrik compare to the 55 micro ti?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Looks great!

Is it a Solo Air? I'm loving mine so far.
    Yes, it is the Solo Air. Yours is 170 right? do you run bike in slack or steep setting?

Quote Originally Posted by beefmagic View Post
    FNG, how's the lyrik compare to the 55 micro ti?
    It does not have as much small bump compliance as the micro ti. The ti is a great fork. Especially for the low price I got it at . It brake dived a little more as it is really active in the initial stroke. It really ramps up at end stroke, even with adjusting the volume adjust. The Solo Air is more consistent feeling/linear than micro ti through full travel. I will probably stick with the Lyrik as it is not that much higher A to C length for a 170 (like .4") and actually comes in lighter than the Marz. I did notice the higher BB with the 170 on and thought about running bike in slack setting all the time but it will be just too slack with my .5 angle reducer cup and the longer A to C length. Guess I could always lower it to 160....
    I will say that I am keeping Marz as extra. It really is a nice fork. I made a stupid mistake and broke an internal nob on the lockout and had to send it in to Marz to fix. I was without a fork/bike for a while and got this offer from Crash the Dog. If it wasn't for me being without a fork for a while and the deal on Lyrik, I would still be running Marz. Kind of long answer...sorry.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    Yes, it is the Solo Air. Yours is 170 right? do you run bike in slack or steep setting?

It does not have as much small bump compliance as the micro ti. The ti is a great fork. Especially for the low price I got it at . It brake dived a little more as it is really active in the initial stroke. It really ramps up at end stroke, even with adjusting the volume adjust. The Solo Air is more consistent feeling/linear than micro ti through full travel. I will probably stick with the Lyrik as it is not that much higher A to C length for a 170 (like .4") and actually comes in lighter than the Marz. I did notice the higher BB with the 170 on and thought about running bike in slack setting all the time but it will be just too slack with my .5 angle reducer cup and the longer A to C length. Guess I could always lower it to 160....
    I will say that I am keeping Marz as extra. It really is a nice fork. I made a stupid mistake and broke an internal nob on the lockout and had to send it in to Marz to fix. I was without a fork/bike for a while and got this offer from Crash the Dog. If it wasn't for me being without a fork for a while and the deal on Lyrik, I would still be running Marz. Kind of long answer...sorry.
    With performance being fairly close, I would take the Lyrik all day considering its lighter and the Marzo looks like a cheap walmart fork, FUGLY!

pedal up
    Dec 2009

? what's "Crash the Dog" ?

Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post

I was without a fork/bike for a while and got this offer from Crash the Dog. If it wasn't for me being without a fork for a while and the deal on Lyrik, I would still be running Marz.

what's "Crash the Dog" ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by biobike View Post
    what's "Crash the Dog" ?
    A guy on this board. His handle.

mtbr member
    Looks awesome FNG!

Funny that the KS is the only colour on your bike.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

TSC
    Buehliever
    Looks great! Thanks for posting a white Chili pick. After seeing all the black and raw I start to think I'm not going to like my white when it comes, but your bike helps ease my doubts.

mtbr member
    F.N.G, glad the fork got you up and running. I told you white on white would look awesome. Headed to Moab next week to beat the snot out of mine. Couldn't be more stoked maybe I'll snap a few pictures and post up on this thread.

GASing
    Here's a somewhat lame photo of my bike. I've been having too much fun riding it to take some decent photos. I'll take some better photos after giving it a proper cleaning.

So far I'm loving everything, except for the shock. I should've gone with my instinct to use a coil, but thought I'd give the air a try after my dealers assurance that RP23s have come a long way and feel just like coils - not.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast