Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1354
    mtbr member

Bottom Bracket Spacers....? Anyone know about this...?

Anyone know offhand if I need to use any spacers on my Chilcotin bottom bracket installation? I have XTR bottom bracket and cranks [2014]. I'm not certain if I need to use a spacer on the drive side? I'm running 2x. ....Right now I'm installing the Hope brake lines and shifters, but I'm holding off on the cranks for now because I'm not certain about the drive-line setup... Can't wait to ride it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It will depend on if you are using a guide or not. If not, most likely 2 spacers on drive side and one on NDS, but you will have to fit it and check the chainline to be sure.
    "Lightweight , durable , inexpensive
    Pick 2."

Biking Like Crazy!
    Sorry bikelust, but I think you are wrong on needing 3 spacers on a 73mm BB shell that the Knollys have. I'm running a Blackspire Stinger ISCG-05 with 1 spacer on the drive side only
    with a XT crank running it 1x10. Working just fine. 3 spacers would be more for a 68mm BB shell.
    Last edited by blcman; 05-03-2015 at 12:18 AM.
    Ibis HD3
    Niner Rip9 RDO
    Niner WFO
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blcman View Post
    Sorry Skrool, but I think you are wrong on needing 3 spacers on a 73mm BB shell that the Knollys have. I'm running a Blackspire Stinger ISCG-05 with 1 spacer on the drive side only
    with a XT crank running it 1x10. Working just fine. 3 spacers would be more for a 68mm BB shell.
    Thanks for the input Guys. I guess I should try using only 1 spacer on the Drive Side then? I'm running a 10x on the rear, and 2x on the front. Not using a chain guide.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrool View Post
    Thanks for the input Guys. I guess I should try using only 1 spacer on the Drive Side then? I'm running a 10x on the rear, and 2x on the front. Not using a chain guide.
    This is correct: only one spacer on the drive side of a 73mm BB.

Cheers!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    This is correct: only one spacer on the drive side of a 73mm BB.

Cheers!
    Straight from the Man himself! Thanks Noel! This is my second Knolly, sold my 2007-8 Delerium-T for my nice new raw Chilcotin!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    The final build as seen some last minute changes due to availability, and I have yet to receive the drive side spokes so that I can build the wheels; but here she is so far in a stand in my room.... waiting...

I ended up running FR600 in the rear because of my bad habits and ex500 up front, I ran Chromag BZA Stem and Bar (cut down to 750), reverb post (ks was taking to long to supply the distributer), and the fork is a 180 that I will be changing to 170 on first service. Changed the factory decals on the float for their blackout anniversary edition. I have my standby easton haven post in the event of dropper failure on there now because I'm still waiting on my dropper (not critical).

I cant wait to take er out....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_0156.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_0155.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_0154.jpg  

mtbr member
    That 'all black' is looking pretty good man! I myself have only to decide what seatpost to get. I've never had a dropper post so I'm not sure what to go with. I'd like a manual post but there's not much out there. Other than that, I'd have to have something with a thumb remote. I like the DOSS but don't much care for the remote.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    That 'all black' is looking pretty good man! I myself have only to decide what seatpost to get. I've never had a dropper post so I'm not sure what to go with. I'd like a manual post but there's not much out there. Other than that, I'd have to have something with a thumb remote. I like the DOSS but don't much care for the remote.
    Thanks man, see how it ends up.... So what exactly do you mean by a manual post? And I don't have any experience with droppers yet other than working on other peoples droppers at the shop but I think it'll be worth it... Especially here where there are a lot of ups and downs. Like I said I do have a regular post in the event the dropper has to be serviced though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdude19 View Post
    Thanks man, see how it ends up.... So what exactly do you mean by a manual post? And I don't have any experience with droppers yet other than working on other peoples droppers at the shop but I think it'll be worth it... Especially here where there are a lot of ups and downs. Like I said I do have a regular post in the event the dropper has to be serviced though.
    Hey Brother-- What I mean by 'manual' is that the post doesn't require a remote. You activate it either by a lever just under the seat, OR, in the case of the 'gravity dropper manual'---you activate it with a knob on the seat post. I'm the kind of guy who hates clutter on my bars, and extra cables on my frame, so a 'manual' post is my preferred option. Plus, I myself have no need for a post with infinite adjustment. I only need 'up' and 'down'. I fully understand why 'most' people go out of their way to recommend the dropper posts with a remote : because they USE it a LOT. Conversely, 'I' am not someone who will end up using the post as much as most people who own a bike like the Chilcotin. I'm not the typical Chilcotin owner, because, for me, I am more of an 'aggressive cross country' rider than a free-ride or 'downhiller'. I chose the Chilly [which I am building up as light as possible] in order to serve me as a Cross-County-Cadillac' so to speak.

Kindshock makes two models with manual operation, but to me, they are not so good. I'm surprised that NO ONE has put design effort into making a SIMPLE / MANUALLY OPERATED post that is Light-Weight with a simple two position function : a post for 'purists' so to speak.

I mounted up my wheels this weekend, they look GREAT. I got a smoking deal on a set of ethirteen TSR-Race wheels...which weigh in at a meager 1570 grams WITH rim tape! I went with Continental Trail King 2.2 UST tires, which are a lot more volume [it seems] than other manufacturer's 2.3's or 4's. One thing I do know is to steer clear of hydraulic posts. Everyone I've personally 'met' on the trail with one says they are a pain to keep running. Whatever post you go with MAKE SURE you choose one that WILL allow you to lock the seat in the 'up' position SHOULD the post fail out on the trail.... Just my two cents.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    A dropper worth a checkout is the 9point8 pulse... Suppose to be up there with gravity dropper for reliability. A nice plus is that it is made in North America (Canada)

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Yea I hear ya, I'm kind of impartial to pushing it because I've never ridden with one yet... Other than on the street outside the shop. When researching droppers though, I remember something about Thomson having that option with their elite dropper and gravity dropper having that option... Other than that... There's nothing wrong with a regular post and a QR

mtbr member
    Yea I hear ya, I'm kind of impartial to pushing it because I've never ridden with one yet... Other than on the street outside the shop. When researching droppers though, I remember something about Thomson having that option with their elite dropper and gravity dropper having that option... Other than that... There's nothing wrong with a regular post and a QR
    Hey I wasn't aware that the Thompson could be ordered as a manual post? I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip. All Thompson products I've used over the past 15 years have been total quality...so perhaps their post is worth considering, though, it seems to 'me', that the entire dropper-post realm is somehow in need of a n 'evolution' in so far as the current approach. In due time, I bet someone will come up with some new design approach that is so superior in design that all others will be left scratching their heads wondering : 'why didn't we think of that?' ...Who knows when this will happen, but it surely will in due time. It's inevitable...given the fact that the current stock of designs ALL SHARE the exact same problems and issues.....

mtbr member

Consider this....

Hey man, consider this : My first Knolly was an '07 / '08 Delirium-T, with a Cane Creek DB Titanium Coil shock. Built up it was a bit of a heavy beast to tote around on the types of trails I ordinarily tend to favor riding... Still, I loved the bike and put up with the weight.

Here's the thing : I sold the Delirium-T for nearly the SAME price that I paid for my new 'Raw' Chilcotin...which I purchased last November on sale at Price Point for $1,500. WITH the CCDBcs. Apparently, there are people out there who very much desire the Delirium-T. So the Chilcotin only ended up costing me $150. bucks. Granted, I sold it with the profile cranks which I had on it, but still, it says something about the Knolly name and reputation IF you can use a bike for 6 or 7 years and then sell it for enough to buy a NEW frame from the SAME manufacturer! It has me thinking I should have kept the Delirium-T just to convert into a full-on down hill bike... Too late though. It's already gone....

Can't wait to ride my Chilly. It's going to be so much lighter than my Delirium-T was. I'll end up feeling like superman because of the weight difference!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hey man, consider this : My first Knolly was an '07 / '08 Delirium-T, with a Cane Creek DB Titanium Coil shock. Built up it was a bit of a heavy beast to tote around on the types of trails I ordinarily tend to favor riding... Still, I loved the bike and put up with the weight.

Here's the thing : I sold the Delirium-T for nearly the SAME price that I paid for my new 'Raw' Chilcotin...which I purchased last November on sale at Price Point for $1,500. WITH the CCDBcs. Apparently, there are people out there who very much desire the Delirium-T. So the Chilcotin only ended up costing me $150. bucks. Granted, I sold it with the profile cranks which I had on it, but still, it says something about the Knolly name and reputation IF you can use a bike for 6 or 7 years and then sell it for enough to buy a NEW frame from the SAME manufacturer! It has me thinking I should have kept the Delirium-T just to convert into a full-on down hill bike... Too late though. It's already gone....

Can't wait to ride my Chilly. It's going to be so much lighter than my Delirium-T was. I'll end up feeling like superman because of the weight difference!
    That's amazing! The v-tach was my dream bike for a long time... I loved the look of the frame design and what not... Wish I could have rode one... I imagine the delirium to be quite similar!

mtbr member

New question here. TROUBLE with shortening braided brake lines....?

That's amazing! The v-tach was my dream bike for a long time... I loved the look of the frame design and what not... Wish I could have rode one... I imagine the delirium to be quite similar!

The Delerium was real nice over rough stuff, and could climb anything, just too porky really for me to keep.

I'm having some trouble right now trying to shorten my braided brake lines. I've already cracked three of the brass nibs that are supposed to 'fit' over the braided line, and now it looks like I'll have to order a whole new line for the rear because I ****ed up the end too many times and now I think it's too short for me to use.

I can't understand how I managed to do this a few years back with the same Brakes [Hope]. I don't recall having any problems like I'm having now. I can't for the life of me, get the brass lock ring to 'fit' over the end of the braided line, and IF I widen it to make it fit...it cracks in half. Three times I've tried now. I even 'heated up' the brass to make it warm so that bending it open might help keep it from cracking. No luck. I just now broke the last brass-ring I had, and so I don't have any more to try again.... I now have to order more, as well as a new line. What the heck is the trick to this horseshit? ...I must be getting old or something. Done this a handful of times before now, and I don't have any memory of it being this tough to accomplish....?

Any input would be nice if anyone has hands on experience with this shit ass issue.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    You need to cut the nylon coating back 6-7mm so that the brass cinch ring goes directly on the steel braids and then put the spike in.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Just cut both mine the other day

mtbr member
    Just cut both mine the other day
    I figured out what I was doing wrong. ...I totally feel stupid, but I've got it sorted now. Luckily I was also able to re-use the brass fitting that was still attached to the length of hose that I originally cut. I didn't figure you could re-use them, but it seem to have worked. Helps to have super sharp cutters too. The line length seems fine too. Phew... I was breaking a sweat there out of angst. But now it's time for Brewski...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Upgrades

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_0550.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_0551.jpg

Added a new set of bars, wheels and tyres, first ride out at the weekend

ENVE DH Bars
    Mavic Deemax Ultimate Wheels
    Magic Mary Tyres

mtbr member
    deleted..

mtbr member
    Re-post because it's beautiful. Upgraded a few things, Avy shock, orange stem and grips, Lev dropper post, Chunky Monkey rear tire, Mudhugger front fender.

"My car of choice is a 12 year old civic that runs on the tears of my life choices." - redditor

Unit 91
    Liking the Raw and the Orange! Great looking bikes!
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Re-post because it's beautiful. Upgraded a few things, Avy shock, orange stem and grips, Lev dropper post, Chunky Monkey rear tire, Mudhugger front fender.

Very nice!Interesting, just two weeks ago I upgraded my preview fork (160mm air) to Vengeance coil and set it at 170mm. Can't try it yet due my injury. I am wondering how it feel with this fork, do you have any problem with uphills? Actually I had have two more options, to get Pike or X Fusion Sweep, but choose the Vengeance over last two, because of stiffness, coil, 20 axle, 36mm stanchions, budget (value for money) and 10mm more travel. My riding style aggressive AM, but I don't get bike parks (unfortunately we don't have bike parks here ). You know in 2015 with all new forks and upgrades I just decided to go with coil fork from 2014 .
    How do you deal with your cockpit, and if you happy with Vengeance?

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Howdy, I'm looking for a good tire comb for XC, AM and Freeride. Currently running a Specialized Eskar and Butcher Control. I'm about 218 lbs.

Any recommendations? I keep hearing good things about the Conti Trail King Black Chili.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Finally:

Medium Frame
    Fork - 2015 Fox 36 float 180 w/ blackout
    Shock - DBAIR CS
    Bar & Stem - Chromag BZA 35mm dia x 750mm width x 50mm length x 10mm rise
    Grips - ODI lockon
    Brakes - Hope Tech 3 evo 4 w/ braided lines (203mm & 185mm)
    Drivetrain - Shimano XT
    Extender - Hope T-rex
    Deraileur Cage - OneUp RadR
    Crankset - Raceface Turbine
    Chainring - Raceface direct mount 32t
    Headset - Hope Zero Stack top and External Cup lower
    Seatpost - Rockshox Reverb 125mm x 380mm
    Saddle - Chromag Trailmaster DT
    Seatpost Collar - Hope
    Pedal - Chromag Contact
    Guide - MRP AMg
    Front Wheel - Hope 20mm, DT champion, DT brass, DT ex500
    Rear Wheel - Hope 12mm x 142mm, DT Champion, DT brass, DT FR600
    Tires - Maxxis Highroller 2 3C (tubeless w/ gorilla tape and stans valves/sealant)

Finally done and weighing 32.1lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_0195.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_0196.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_0200.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_0199.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerelk View Post
    Very nice!Interesting, just two weeks ago I upgraded my preview fork (160mm air) to Vengeance coil and set it at 170mm. Can't try it yet due my injury. I am wondering how it feel with this fork, do you have any problem with uphills? Actually I had have two more options, to get Pike or X Fusion Sweep, but choose the Vengeance over last two, because of stiffness, coil, 20 axle, 36mm stanchions, budget (value for money) and 10mm more travel. My riding style aggressive AM, but I don't get bike parks (unfortunately we don't have bike parks here ). You know in 2015 with all new forks and upgrades I just decided to go with coil fork from 2014 .
    How do you deal with your cockpit, and if you happy with Vengeance?
    I have a 170mm 2011 Rockshox Lyrik RC2DH Solo Air, 1.5 on there, and I don't notice any issues going uphill. I just point up and pedal. I did 3,300 ft with it last Thursday, and I had it in the slack setting for the Shore. Pedaled great, but I have to admit, I've never tried a 160mm, so I couldn't tell you if there was a difference.
    "My car of choice is a 12 year old civic that runs on the tears of my life choices." - redditor

mtbr member
    drewdude19, I'm lov'in your stealth black kit! Great looking bike!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    drewdude19, I'm lov'in your stealth black kit! Great looking bike!!
    Thanks, and that's good to know... I'm secretly hoping that I can keep this fork in 180 mode, it feels good so far for climbing... Should be a similar axle to crown as your lyric 170 with fox making their new fork with a lower axle to crown.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I have a 170mm 2011 Rockshox Lyrik RC2DH Solo Air, 1.5 on there, and I don't notice any issues going uphill. I just point up and pedal. I did 3,300 ft with it last Thursday, and I had it in the slack setting for the Shore. Pedaled great, but I have to admit, I've never tried a 160mm, so I couldn't tell you if there was a difference.
    Yeah, I saw that you have a Lyric after I wrote a review, ... But still thanks for your input.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    People with DB Inline shock...can you share your tune adjustments? Trying to figure how to reduce the pedal bob on mine.

LWK
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I know the Chili is an "old" model, and the mob has moved on to the Warden, etc but it is still an amazing bike. I just got mine late last fall and had my first 4 days of real riding 2 weekends ago in Kamloops. Yes, its a big, solid bike that is serious overkill for many (most?) trails. But it went uphill fine (new 180 Fox Float) and was nothing but smiles and laughter on the way down. The faster, steeper, rougher, the better it works. FWIW, in my experience, stem length has way more to do with how well a bike can climb compared to fork travel. The new 180 Float is ~9mm longer AC length compared to my old Float 160 and I dont notice anything negative compared to the old 160. Its MUCH better in every way.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Looking to swap my rear shock for those park days. I know the CCDB air is an options, anyone try putting a rockshock vivid r2c? does it fit? Found a good deal on one.

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by marathon dave View Post
    Looking to swap my rear shock for those park days. I know the CCDB air is an options, anyone try putting a rockshock vivid r2c? does it fit? Found a good deal on one.
    I have a Vivid RC2 on my Chili. Fits and works great. Mine is a low comp. tune and med. rebound.
    Ibis HD3
    Niner Rip9 RDO
    Niner WFO
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    Finally finished 'er up this past weekend. Looks real nice in person :

SPECS :

Knolly Chilcotin Med / Raw
    Rear Shock : Cane Creek DB Air CS
    Fork : Bos DeVille 160mm Tapered ; 20mm axle
    Headset : Cane Creek zero stack upper w/red and blue CC interlock spacers
    Brakes : Hope Tech 3 w/E4 calipers (blue bore caps, blue reach and adjust screws)
    Brake Lines : Hope Steel Braided
    Rotors : Hope floating 183mm front and rear (red inner)
    Stem : Thomson 70mm with 10 deg. rise
    Bars : Easton Havoc Carbon 750mm
    Grips : Lizard Skin Petey [gray]
    Seatpost : KS-Lev 100mm
    Seat : SDG ti rails.
    Seatpost Collar : Hope Dropper, Red
    Deraileurs Front and Rear : Shimano XTR w/med. cage
    Cranks / BB : Shimano XTR Trail 2X
    Pedals : Shimano XT Clipless
    Shift / Dropper Housing : Jagwire titanium [close match to steel braided b.lines]
    Wheels : e-thirteen TSR-Race; 23mm inner width
    Tires : Continental Trail King 2.2 UST with Orange Sealer

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilly-a1.jpg

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilly-a2.jpg

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilly-a3.jpg

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilly-a4.jpg

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilly-a5.jpg

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilly-a6.jpg

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilly-a7.jpg

BUILD NOTES : I went with the Jagwire Titanium kits for housing because it's a close match for the Steel-Braided Brake lines, both of which end up being somewhat 'transparent' in terms of esthetic presence upon the 'Raw' frame. On my last Knolly, I was never happy with the black housing because it sticks out like a sore thumb on anything but a black frame. With the Steel-Braided and Jag Titanium-look housing the entire bike looks a lot cleaner and refined because the lines 'blend in' with the frame. I also went back to 2X. I often times do rides that are 8 plus hours long, and with the 1X I had for a while I was never happy, and I mean never.... Either I'd have it set up great for super steep climbs, or for faster downs, but for me, the loss of gears along with super smooth up and down shifts is just a no go for me.

I also went with the Bos 160mm tapered because of its smooth / stiff / plush ride, as well as the long maintenance intervals and stiffness. 160mm is, for me, the perfect solution for general all-mountain trail riding, which is what I mostly do. I very rarely ride at bike parks.

I put a fair amount of thought into cable running, and it paid off. The cable routing looks really nice and came out really really nice. I could have saved some weight on the Brakes by going with something else, but the 'feel' of Hope Brakes is just something you get used to and I will never use any other Brand of Brakes. On the wheels, I took a chance and went with the E-Thirteen TRS-Race wheelset. I know they initially got some bad reviews when they first started making them, but they claim to have sorted out the initial issues and plus I got them for a steal and they are super nice in person and very very light and stiff too. I went with a KS-Lev just because of its non-moving cable as well as the thumb-remote. But just to cover my ass, I have a second one which is brand new in the box just in case the current one dies and I need to send it in. This bike is a major step up from my Delirium in terms of weight savings. Can't wait to take it to Moab and Fruita. Headed there soon.

Yebo Numzaan
    Sweet build Skrool. Att to detail is awesome (brake lines)...Raw is rad. I have something raw in my garage...and now its going to look shitty compared to this! :/
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    Sweet build Skrool. Att to detail is awesome (brake lines)...Raw is rad. I have something raw in my garage...and now its going to look shitty compared to this! :/

Thanks man. Been a long road to getting this finished. Now I've worked it out so that I have the entire month of July and most of August to ride the west. So this bike is going to see some serious miles and I'll be taking it all over CO, UTAH, and parts of Oregon.

Hands down this is the best bike I have ever had the privilege of owning.

BC
    mtbr member
    Nicely done !!. Love those Hope Brakes. Mine headed to the bike park for its fourth season.

Unit 91
    Great looking build! The raw looks phenomenal.
    Bikes

MarkyMark
    Another new large black Chilcotin. I call this the all metal build (vs my Mojo SL and Blur LTc). I haven't taken it out on the trails, but it's feeling really good pedaling around my parking lot and popping off the speed bumps.

Knolly chilcotin by markmass, on Flickr

The green Ergon grips aren't working for me and I'll be swapping them soon.

(A Knolly was the last bike I thought I'd buy after meeting the Knolly demo guy at the Fruita Fat Tire Fest a few years ago)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkMass View Post
    Another new large black Chilcotin. I call this the all metal build (vs my Mojo SL and Blur LTc). I haven't taken it out on the trails, but it's feeling really good pedaling around my parking lot and popping off the speed bumps.

Knolly chilcotin by markmass, on Flickr

The green Ergon grips aren't working for me and I'll be swapping them soon.

(A Knolly was the last bike I thought I'd buy after meeting the Knolly demo guy at the Fruita Fat Tire Fest a few years ago)

Nice Build Brother... I almost went with black myself... But I already have a black bike and the raw I got a great deal on at the time... You can't can't wrong with a Knolly. This is my second one. I had a Delirium T which I really liked but my Chilly is so much lighter...I feel like superman riding the Chilly because of the weight savings and the smooth ride is so much fun. This bike feels like it can climb up anything.

mtbr member
    Got a set of these plastic bits with my new chilcotin frame. Move searched but can't find a good photo of them actually in use. Are these to help with securing cables to the linkage? Still couldn't figure it out after playing with them for a while. I anticipate an answer that makes me go DOH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Frame cable clips...

Quote Originally Posted by cecald View Post
    Got a set of these plastic bits with my new chilcotin frame. Move searched but can't find a good photo of them actually in use. Are these to help with securing cables to the linkage? Still couldn't figure it out after playing with them for a while. I anticipate an answer that makes me go DOH.

They clip directly into the slots that most people, including myself, sleeve zip-ties into and through. I myself prefer something that is actually permanently strung around the brake lines and cable housing. But to each his own. I myself used transparent, small gauge, marine zip-ties....which don't stick out like a sore thumb so to speak.

Just click the big one into position upon the double-channel welded cable mount---and you will see how it works. The small clip is for the single-channel mount...

mtbr member
    Ah geez thanks for that. I never thought that's what they were included for. I'll be sticking with zip ties - cheers.

mtbr member

Just finished building up my first knolly (dropper post goes on tomorrow). Been wanting to have a 160 gun to complement the other bikes for a while now. The rest of June and July will be feeling it out and dialing in the suspension in preparation for a Madeira trip in August.

Oh - and those plastic bits are nice for holding the hoses down as you build before you finalize and zip tie everything down.

I was particularly impressed with the fit & finish of the Hope headset. I normally go with cane creek but deviated this time just to see what else is out there. I also got their dropper seat collar (not in pic) which is really nicely done.

MarkyMark
    Very bad ass! All murdered-out, except for a bit of color on the seat and hub(s).. I have a RF SixC bar as well that I might toss to replace my Chromag Fubar.

Those tires on the Derbys look like freaking balloons!

Quote Originally Posted by cecald View Post

Just finished building up my first knolly (dropper post goes on tomorrow).

MarkyMark
    Ha! I thought I ordered a raw and was surprised when I opened the box to see a black ano frame! I like how it looks so things worked-out well.

I need to weight my bike, but it pedals really well and doesn't feel heavy while climbing. I'm still dialing in my fork and shock settings.

Nice Build Brother... I almost went with black myself... But I already have a black bike and the raw I got a great deal on at the time... You can't can't wrong with a Knolly. This is my second one. I had a Delirium T which I really liked but my Chilly is so much lighter...I feel like superman riding the Chilly because of the weight savings and the smooth ride is so much fun. This bike feels like it can climb up anything.

mtbr member
    Finally made it to Tahoe this season. My Chili missed the high sierra riding

mtbr member
    For you guys who have been riding this bike a while - Have you stuck with the suggested 30% sag front and rear?

BC
    mtbr member
    4 years now, and yes 30%