Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1349
  1. #1051
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    Link?
    They are in production, when they will become available is a question I can't answer. I would suggest sending them an email.

  2. #1052
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    20

    New Knolly chilcotin build day glow yellow

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_chili_3.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_chili_4.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_chili_5.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_chili_6.jpg

    hey here my new rig for this year.

    so far on it:
    frame: knolly Chilcotin Large
    Shock: CCDB air
    wheelset: industry 9 torch enduro ano green
    headset: canecreek 110
    seatpost: KS LEV
    saddle: WTB pure V Ti rails
    seatpost clamp: thompson
    BB: hope

    have ordered/waiting for fork:

    Fork: X Fusion metric
    stem: raceface atlas 35mm ,50mm length
    Tires: Continental Trail king 2.4 RTR tubeless(still deciding)
    shifter: shimano saint
    deraileur: shimano zee
    chain: sram 1070
    cassette: sram 1071 11-32
    Chainring: raceface NW 30T

    still need:

    Brakes: Hope Tech 3 E4
    handlebar: raceface sixc 35mm, 20mm
    crank: raceface sixc
    pedals: raceface atlas (have a set of ano red CB 50/50s untill i get em)

    Being put together at Sawmill Cycles in Honesdale, PA. A new Knolly dealer in my area.

    Any thoughts on tires? I used the 2.4 UST mountain king tires last year without a problem but was thinking what way to go with this build, I would love to get a set of 2.2 mountain kings on here for a day just to rip around the local regular trails and see how it does with lightweight tires but I was thinking on just going for the 2.4 rtr trail kings @ 970g each for the beefier sidewalls and the 2.4 width tire i am used to but the trail king has more aggressive knobs, that I plan to make more use of this year. plan to use the bike 70% local singletrack / Am trails and 30% lift serviced bike park.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00585.jpg  

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00587.jpg  


  3. #1053
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    665
    Snow is melting. Time to hang up the fat bike and ride the Knolly.
    First ride with the new suspension.

    <a href="http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Dirt-Hound/media/IMG_1292_zpsabfd5a42.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w501/Dirt-Hound/IMG_1292_zpsabfd5a42.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo IMG_1292_zpsabfd5a42.jpg"/></a>

  4. #1054
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by pbgamer View Post
    Any thoughts on tires? I used the 2.4 UST mountain king tires last year without a problem but was thinking what way to go with this build, I would love to get a set of 2.2 mountain kings on here for a day just to rip around the local regular trails and see how it does with lightweight tires but I was thinking on just going for the 2.4 rtr trail kings @ 970g each for the beefier sidewalls and the 2.4 width tire i am used to but the trail king has more aggressive knobs, that I plan to make more use of this year. plan to use the bike 70% local singletrack / Am trails and 30% lift serviced bike park.
    Looking good so far! Like the green/yellow combo.

    I have been riding a 2.2 MK off and on for a while. It works well as a rear for a lot of trails. You just have to be a little more mindful of your lines and keep track of the PSI.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  5. #1055
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    Snow is melting. Time to hang up the fat bike and ride the Knolly.
    First ride with the new suspension.

    Looking good Chuck!
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  6. #1056
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    394
    Avy Chubby on rear and Avy'd Lyric on front?

    What's the current weight with that build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    Snow is melting. Time to hang up the fat bike and ride the Knolly.
    First ride with the new suspension.

    <a href="http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Dirt-Hound/media/IMG_1292_zpsabfd5a42.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w501/Dirt-Hound/IMG_1292_zpsabfd5a42.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo IMG_1292_zpsabfd5a42.jpg"/></a>
    "Lightweight , durable , inexpensive
    Pick 2."

  7. #1057
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    192
    Knolly Newb here! Cant wait for my foot to recover from being broken all winter!
    Heres the build:

    Medium Green Chili w CCDBA CS
    170mm Lyrik SA
    Hope E4 Brakes 203/180
    Full XT drivetrain (2x10)
    Gold Hadley hubs laced to Flow rims (gold looks aweseom with green!)
    2.5 Minion up front and 2.4 High Roller2 in rear
    KS Lev 125 post
    Rocket V saddle
    Atlas bars
    crappy kona stem (60mm)
    CC 110 headset

    weighs 34 and some change. i think some people are lying about their wieghts...

  8. #1058
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    49
    Anybody know what length of brake hose front and rear do I need on Chili XL frame?
    I want to order shimano xt m785 brakes.
    Thank's a lot

  9. #1059
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    91

    We the people ...

    My build has evolved quite a bit over the last year. I have recently replaced the Hammerschmidt by X01. This is the bike in its current form:

    Frame: Medium Chilcotin, blue
    Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air Climb Switch
    Fork: Rock Shox Lyrik RC2DH 170mm
    Brakes: Magura MT8, with 200mm rotors front, 180mm rear
    Drivetrain: 11 speed X01 cassette, derailleur and shifter
    Cranks: Shimano Deore XT, with 32 tooth e13 chain ring
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Mallet DH
    Wheels: Stan's ZTR Flow EX with Schwalbe Magic Mary (front) and Hans Dampf (rear), both in Super Gravity
    Seat: Fizik Tundra 2, mounted on KS Lev 150mm dropper
    Cockpit: Thomson Elite X4 50mm stem, Easton carbon bar & ODI Rogue lock on grips

    Total weight: 14.5 kg (32.0 lb).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-img_20140305_093701_mod_small.jpg  


  10. #1060
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    20
    current update on chili build:

    got the X fusion metric in. nice and smooth. setup tubeless.
    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00594.jpg

  11. #1061
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    My build has evolved quite a bit over the last year. I have recently replaced the Hammerschmidt by X01. This is the bike in its current form:

    Frame: Medium Chilcotin, blue
    Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air Climb Switch
    Fork: Rock Shox Lyrik RC2DH 170mm
    Brakes: Magura MT8, with 200mm rotors front, 180mm rear
    Drivetrain: 11 speed X01 cassette, derailleur and shifter
    Cranks: Shimano Deore XT, with 32 tooth e13 chain ring
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Mallet DH
    Wheels: Stan's ZTR Flow EX with Schwalbe Magic Mary (front) and Hans Dampf (rear), both in Super Gravity
    Seat: Fizik Tundra 2, mounted on KS Lev 150mm dropper
    Cockpit: Thomson Elite X4 50mm stem, Easton carbon bar & ODI Rogue lock on grips

    Total weight: 14.5 kg (32.0 lb).
    Thats a cool setup. How do you like the Climb Switch?

  12. #1062
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by pbgamer View Post
    current update on chili build:

    got the X fusion metric in. nice and smooth. setup tubeless.
    WANT! Looking forward to your impressions of that fork.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  13. #1063
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavle View Post
    Thats a cool setup. How do you like the Climb Switch?
    Cheers, Pavle. The Climb Switch offers very good support in the climbs. But since you have to look for the switch under your top tube, it's best reserved for extended hills. And do not forget to turn it off once at the top!

  14. #1064
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    78
    Definitely interested in hearing feed back on the Metric. Having trouble narrowing down between a Metric, Pike, or Float RC2.

  15. #1065
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    192
    I call her Arleen...

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-photo-4.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-photo-2.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-photo-1.jpg

    what a dream, what a dream...

  16. #1066
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    192
    Meet Arleen...
    Frame...Medium Green Chili
    Fork...Lyrik 170 solo air RC2DH
    Shock...CCDBA cs
    Drivetrain...XT 2x10
    Brakes...Hope E4 brakes
    Headset...CC 110
    Wheels...gold Hadley hubs>flow rims
    Tires...2.5 Minion up front ; 2.4 High Roller out back
    Seatpost...KS Lev 125
    Saddle...WTB Rocket V
    Pedals...HT MEO1T
    Bars...Atlas
    Stem...some random kona 60mm

    her...34ish pounds
    me...5'10.5" ; 31-32" inseam ; 195 pounds...

    Still rehabing my foot and ankle that I broke at the beginning of December. Just starting to be able to stand up over small rocks and stuff on the downs. I almost puked twice pedaling to the top of the ride today because im so out of shape from being injured and medicating on the couch all winter. Today was my first real ride since November. Cant wait to be able to rally this sexy beast!!!

  17. #1067
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    49

    Chilcotin Day Glow Yellow. The dream come true!

    After a long time of dreaming about Knolly, finally it's come true. Here's a new Chili day glow yellow frame. Waiting for brakes, shifters, and crank.
    Start building soon and will update the post.
    Great thread really help me to made a choice in building and gave some support in days of waiting

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chili_1.jpg
    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chili_2.jpg
    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chili_3.jpg
    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chili_4.jpg

  18. #1068
    Biking Like Crazy!
    Reputation: blcman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,155
    Hey Jerelk, nice get on the Chili. Welcome to the Knolly Family.
    Was wondering if you had looked at the Warden instead though?
    Let me put it differently, why the Chili over the Warden with the hype over 650B and all?
    Ibis HD3
    Niner Rip9 RDO
    Niner WFO
    Knolly Podium

  19. #1069
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    394
    Because it's all hype and marketing? The chili is an awesome bike. I was chatting with someone the other day who had a good amount of time on a warden and likes the chili way better. He said the chili, podium and endo all feel "familiar" to switch between depending on the ride you have planned. He never got comfortable on the warden.
    "Lightweight , durable , inexpensive
    Pick 2."

  20. #1070
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeLust View Post
    Because it's all hype and marketing? The chili is an awesome bike. I was chatting with someone the other day who had a good amount of time on a warden and likes the chili way better. He said the chili, podium and endo all feel "familiar" to switch between depending on the ride you have planned. He never got comfortable on the warden.
    Good answer. I know that Keith Scott from banshee is still riding his designs as 26" even though they can run 650b. Will be nice when the hype dies a bit.

  21. #1071
    Biking Like Crazy!
    Reputation: blcman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeLust View Post
    He never got comfortable on the warden.
    Interesting!
    Ibis HD3
    Niner Rip9 RDO
    Niner WFO
    Knolly Podium

  22. #1072
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by blcman View Post
    Hey Jerelk, nice get on the Chili. Welcome to the Knolly Family.
    Was wondering if you had looked at the Warden instead though?
    Let me put it differently, why the Chili over the Warden with the hype over 650B and all?
    Thank you.
    Actually I have already a new set of 26' wheels and new Fox fork for 26', so I chose to go for the Chili. Another reason, I tried 650B bike (not Warden), and feel no difference.
    Last edited by Jerelk; 03-16-2014 at 08:25 AM.

  23. #1073
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeLust View Post
    Because it's all hype and marketing?
    I wouldn't say its ALL hype and marketing, although there is alot around 650b in general right now, no doubt about it. It will be good when some more folks get some time on 650b frames (not just the Warden) and the dust settles a bit.

    But just like anything else, there are some pros with a 650b rig and some cons, just like 26" and 29". I just see 650b as another option for buyers. For some it will work, for some maybe not.

    Personally I still would like to get my hands on a Warden for a week to compare it to my Endo and Chili. I'm just curious as to how it really rides myself.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  24. #1074
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    I wouldn't say its ALL hype and marketing, although there is alot around 650b in general right now, no doubt about it. It will be good when some more folks get some time on 650b frames (not just the Warden) and the dust settles a bit.

    But just like anything else, there are some pros with a 650b rig and some cons, just like 26" and 29". I just see 650b as another option for buyers. For some it will work, for some maybe not.

    Personally I still would like to get my hands on a Warden for a week to compare it to my Endo and Chili. I'm just curious as to how it really rides myself.
    Ditto...I would like to ride one hard for a week for a proper comparison. I've never hated on this 650B idea, but I've been saying that WC race results will be the true answer as to which is faster. But those guys will be benefitting from each bike on certain areas of the course. 26 will pop out of corners and accelerate better...probably more nimble/maneuverable as well. 650B will be faster rolling and handle the chunk with more ease. As such they will be offsetting each other's benefits. No judgement here as to what anyone rides. Seems like a total personal choice as to what kind of ride you prefer.

  25. #1075
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,432
    No need to get in yet another 26/650B discussion here. After another 2 great days on the Chili this weekend, this is going to be one hard bike to replace. I still love the idea of a Warden, but as a third bike in stable rather than a replacement. For the days I just want to plow through our super chunk like I'm on a DH bike, the Chili gladly complies. The Chili is still a very desirable bike, and I'd be willing to bet the sales numbers will show that.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  26. #1076
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeboardorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    302
    ^What he said. More riding! Less debating!

  27. #1077
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    No need to get in yet another 26/650B discussion here. After another 2 great days on the Chili this weekend, this is going to be one hard bike to replace. I still love the idea of a Warden, but as a third bike in stable rather than a replacement. For the days I just want to plow through our super chunk like I'm on a DH bike, the Chili gladly complies. The Chili is still a very desirable bike, and I'd be willing to bet the sales numbers will show that.
    Completely missed my point...I'm simply curious as to how the Warden rides in comparison. I have zero plans to replace anything. I have a Chilcotin and a Podium that kick a$$ and will be riding for years. I actually just bought a Woodie for the Chilly because of all the blow jobs it's been getting. That said, I follow the DH World Cup closely and I'm very interested to see who's going to be killing it this year and on what rig. It was pretty fun watching the World Champs in South Africa last year with riders on single crowns, 650B, full DH bikes, and the prototypes from Devinci.

  28. #1078
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    20

    Knolly Chilcotin Finished build

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00630.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00632.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00633.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00635.jpg

    weighted in at 31lbs 11 oz. stoked to ride it but need to wait for snow/mud to clear a bit

  29. #1079
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by pbgamer View Post

    weighted in at 31lbs 11 oz. stoked to ride it but need to wait for snow/mud to clear a bit
    Very nice! That is a damn good weight for that build.

    Only thing missing:

    Name:  pd1307_race_face_atlas_pedal_green.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  82.5 KB
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  30. #1080
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by pbgamer View Post

    hey here my new rig for this year.

    so far on it:
    frame: knolly Chilcotin Large
    Shock: CCDB air
    wheelset: industry 9 torch enduro ano green
    headset: canecreek 110
    seatpost: KS LEV
    saddle: WTB pure V Ti rails
    seatpost clamp: thompson
    BB: hope

    have ordered/waiting for fork:

    Fork: X Fusion metric
    stem: raceface atlas 35mm ,50mm length
    Tires: Continental Trail king 2.4 RTR tubeless(still deciding)
    shifter: shimano saint
    deraileur: shimano zee
    chain: sram 1070
    cassette: sram 1071 11-32
    Chainring: raceface NW 30T

    still need:

    Brakes: Hope Tech 3 E4
    handlebar: raceface sixc 35mm, 20mm
    crank: raceface sixc
    pedals: raceface atlas (have a set of ano red CB 50/50s untill i get em)
    Just looked over your previous post, sounds like you got the pedals covered
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  31. #1081
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Very nice! That is a damn good weight for that build.

    Only thing missing:

    Name:  pd1307_race_face_atlas_pedal_green.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  82.5 KB
    FYI I have a set of these and love them so far.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  32. #1082
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    FYI I have a set of these and love them so far.
    How do they compare the Prerunners and Crampons?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  33. #1083
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    How do they compare the Prerunners and Crampons?
    My experience with the Prerunners was short and bad, so can't give a good comparison there.

    I like my Crampon Ultimates quite a bit, but I can't stand the play that develops due to the bushings, drives me nuts. The RF Atlas feel just as good, and maybe even a tad more secure, possibly due to the pin layout?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  34. #1084
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    49

    Final Build

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-before.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_1.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_2.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_3.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_4.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_5.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_6.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_7.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-knolly_8.jpg


    Finally finished the building and got my new Bike! Already have couple of rides and it's feel amazing!

    Here a bike set up:
    * Frame Size & Color: XL Day Glow
    * Fork: 36 Fox Talas 160
    * Brakes: Shimano XT 200/180
    * Cranks: Shimano SLX + Race Face Narrow Wide 32t
    * Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M786 Medium Cage
    * Pedals: Saint MX80
    * Stem: Kore Repute 50 mm
    * Handlebar: Answer Pro Taper 780 DH Custom Murder Bar
    * Seatpost: Race Face (want to upgrade to KS LEV)
    * Saddle: WTP Pure
    * Cassette: Shimano XT
    * Headset: Cane Creek 40
    * Grips: Odi Rogue
    * Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5
    * Front Rim: ZTR Flow EX
    * Rear Tire:Maxxis High Roller DH 2.3
    * Rear Rim: ZTR Flow EX
    * Hubs: Hope Evo 2
    * Weight 32.6lbs / 14.8 kg

    Rider: 194cm/6.35 84kg/185

  35. #1085
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    78
    I switched to a smaller chain ring and when shortening my chain I did the two largest cogs with suspension compressed without threading through the rd. The chain is looking short to me, but it is also a saint on a 36 tooth cog. I can't remember what it looked like before, but it shifts fine. Is my chain too short, or is this just what the saints look like on the 36t?

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-camerazoom-20140403145128633.jpgKnolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-camerazoom-20140403145345867.jpg

    Sorry about the ****ty quality.

  36. #1086
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by seanpatrickb View Post
    I switched to a smaller chain ring and when shortening my chain I did the two largest cogs with suspension compressed without threading through the rd. The chain is looking short to me, but it is also a saint on a 36 tooth cog. I can't remember what it looked like before, but it shifts fine. Is my chain too short, or is this just what the saints look like on the 36t?



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20140403145128633.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	882319Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20140403145345867.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	882320

    Sorry about the ****ty quality.
    That is without a doubt too short.

  37. #1087
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,445
    I didn't think a m820 Saint RD could handle a 36t rear cog? That's why I bought a Zee.

    What's the chain look like when you put it in the big cog though? That's a more telling picture.



    EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize the pic had both small cog and big cog shots. I agree, that looks pretty damn tight.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  38. #1088
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    394
    Is it shifting OK? At that angle, it looks like the cage and/or top pulley would make contact with the largest cog on the rear cassette. I would double check the clearance when you downshift from largest to second largest cog in the rear. Click the shifter, look at the cage for clearance, then give the cranks a 1/2 turn and see if the chain drops down without any issues.

    The first pic looks like you could add 2 links and the RD would still be able to take up the slack?
    "Lightweight , durable , inexpensive
    Pick 2."

  39. #1089
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    78
    Thanks guys. I definitely thought it looked way short, but wasn't sure if it was just from running the 36 with the saint. I'll just order a new chain and add 4 links to this length, removing till its right. Weird that the big big measuring method didn't work, I've never had a problem with it before.

    Edit: Shifts fine. Dialed in all the screws without the cable hooked up, always has worked well for me. I chalk this up to the saint just being a burly rd, no need to add stress, though. Also, the saint has the mode converter, like the zee.

  40. #1090
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,382
    In kind of a pickle and figured fellow Knolly owners could help. I bought my first Knolly last year, a black Endorphin with CTD, and have loved the ride. I own two other bikes, a DH bike and a carbon race Hardtail. Recently, I have been tossing up the idea of downsizing. Plan is to sell all three bikes, buy a more aggressive 29'er HT for the trail rides and a Chilcotin for the laid back trail rides/ once a year DH runs. I don't DH as much as I used too, but I enjoy having the bike when I do. With that being said, have any of you made this switch? Seems the Chilcotin can be built to suit. How does it handle flowy trail with jumps and such? Sounds like it shines in the rough stuff.

    Hope this makes sense!
    Bikes

  41. #1091
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    394
    The chili is a great bike for everything but the best/worst DH runs. It can do those too, but will be less forgiving than a true DH bike. Depending on how much you would be climbing with it, I would say go with a 180mm fork and set it up on the beefy side so it doesn't hold you back on the DH. If you also need to climb with it, put a fork with travel adjust on it, or be prepared to walk if the climb gets pretty steep. I have a 170mm Lyric with external lower cup and the bike does pretty much everything I want it to. I will most likely be putting a 180mm Talas on it so I can climb in 140 mode and still keep similar handling for the downhill.
    "Lightweight , durable , inexpensive
    Pick 2."

  42. #1092
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    In kind of a pickle and figured fellow Knolly owners could help. I bought my first Knolly last year, a black Endorphin with CTD, and have loved the ride. I own two other bikes, a DH bike and a carbon race Hardtail. Recently, I have been tossing up the idea of downsizing. Plan is to sell all three bikes, buy a more aggressive 29'er HT for the trail rides and a Chilcotin for the laid back trail rides/ once a year DH runs. I don't DH as much as I used too, but I enjoy having the bike when I do. With that being said, have any of you made this switch? Seems the Chilcotin can be built to suit. How does it handle flowy trail with jumps and such? Sounds like it shines in the rough stuff.

    Hope this makes sense!
    For the amount of DH you do/plan on doing, I would just focus on your main riding style, and just demo a DH bike for the day/days you go (just cause it sounds like you are doing it less). The chili is no slouch but I have tossed around the idea of getting a nice 140mm bike (say an endorphin...hehehe) for the longer days with more climbing. If you have found yourself under gunned with the endo (for everything besides DH), I would consider the chili, otherwise, I think you might be happier with just keeping the endo.

    Good luck with whatever decision you make. You cant go wrong with a knolly.

  43. #1093
    Let's Ride!
    Reputation: digthemlows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    793
    I have the 2014 180 Talas on mine and it's perfect for AM and DH ...... I wouldn't use it as just a DH bike, but for what you're doing, it's a great bike......... I take mine around our local trails, and took it to NorthStar a few times last year for some lift runs........ it's awesome!
    Master of Nothing, but dammit if I don't try..............

  44. #1094
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    For the amount of DH you do/plan on doing, I would just focus on your main riding style, and just demo a DH bike for the day/days you go (just cause it sounds like you are doing it less). The chili is no slouch but I have tossed around the idea of getting a nice 140mm bike (say an endorphin...hehehe) for the longer days with more climbing. If you have found yourself under gunned with the endo (for everything besides DH), I would consider the chili, otherwise, I think you might be happier with just keeping the endo.

    Good luck with whatever decision you make. You cant go wrong with a knolly.
    Thanks for the input! I don't feel under gunned on my Endo, but also haven't done any lift accessed/shuttle runs with it yet. Think that is where I am a bit nervous and have been thinking about the Chilcotin. When I made my move to Knolly, I came off a Nomad with a 170mm fork. I didn't have many problems cruising the locals trails with that, so I am willing to sacrifice a bit if it means when we go do shuttle runs, I am not overwhelmed.

    I am expecting the AM Hardtail will get good use, as our local riding is pretty tame. About 45 minutes north, we have some steep, really rocky trails where it sounds like the Chilcotin will shine.

    Digthemlows, just curious what you HA is with a 180mm fork?
    Bikes

  45. #1095
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Thanks for the input! I don't feel under gunned on my Endo, but also haven't done any lift accessed/shuttle runs with it yet. Think that is where I am a bit nervous and have been thinking about the Chilcotin. When I made my move to Knolly, I came off a Nomad with a 170mm fork. I didn't have many problems cruising the locals trails with that, so I am willing to sacrifice a bit if it means when we go do shuttle runs, I am not overwhelmed.

    I am expecting the AM Hardtail will get good use, as our local riding is pretty tame. About 45 minutes north, we have some steep, really rocky trails where it sounds like the Chilcotin will shine.
    Coming from a nomad you will be right at home on the chili. My large frame is right at 33.5 pounds; full coil suspension, mostly SLX components and heavier hope/mavic wheels. The bike is a great technical climber (as you know from your endo) and a just a super confident descender.

    I think your in the right place with your decision. I often pondered a AM steel 29er but my local terrain is too rocky. Sounds like a perfect combo for you. Best of luck

  46. #1096
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    Coming from a nomad you will be right at home on the chili. My large frame is right at 33.5 pounds; full coil suspension, mostly SLX components and heavier hope/mavic wheels. The bike is a great technical climber (as you know from your endo) and a just a super confident descender.

    I think your in the right place with your decision. I often pondered a AM steel 29er but my local terrain is too rocky. Sounds like a perfect combo for you. Best of luck
    How in the lord does your bike weigh 33.5 lb with that build?

  47. #1097
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by getupgetdown View Post
    How in the lord does your bike weigh 33.5 lb with that build?
    The lyrik coil is one of the lighter coil forks. Rest of the build is ti sprung DHX, KS i950, SLX 1x10, hans dampf/ground control tires, mavic 521/721 rims (ordered LB 33mm carbon rims over 3 weeks ago but they havent even shipped yet )

  48. #1098
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    192
    I have a lyrik air, ccdbacs, xt drivetrain, hope e4 brakes, hadleys laced to flow rims, minion up front and high roller in the rear and im 34.2...maybe its the tires? or the brakes? or both? or the ks lev seatpost? oh well the bike is sick! enjoy your ride!

  49. #1099
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,382
    Thanks for all the input guys! Decided to order a Chilcotin in Blue. Should ship in May sometime. Planning on putting a 170mm Marzocchi 55 on it. Also ordering the wife a Warden! She's pretty stoked to try out a Knolly (she's coming from a Blur TRc)!
    Bikes

  50. #1100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Oh she is going to love the active playfulness of the 4x coming from the dead feeling vpp, something I know all too well about...Great choices!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •