Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
    RideDirt
    haha thats a cool bike ! You should attach a neon light strip on it lol

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

New Carbon Wheels from Citec

If your thinking of getting some carbon wheels it might be worth checking these out, only 1350g pair

MTB Ascender S CARBON | CITEC® - Systemlaufräder und Scheibenräder | * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * *

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Rear shock shipped today. Either gonna be here by friday but most likely early next week. It's the last piece of the build! No more pics from me but a cool video to keep the stoke goin!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    Rear shock shipped today. Either gonna be here by friday but most likely early next week. It's the last piece of the build! No more pics from me but a cool video to keep the stoke goin!
    nice riding

thanks for the picture fix calhoun

edit: picture from yesterday learning the bike

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/imagebqte.jpg/][/URL]
    Last edited by bionicman; 09-11-2012 at 09:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    It's done.

I was riding around on it tonight. It felt great, however, I brought it back into my garage and was doing a once-over on everything and the rear pivot felt loose. I tried tightening it and it is still loose. I drew an arrow pointing to the pivot with play (third pic), is this the pivot issue on a few of the Chilis? Anyways, here she is...

Large Black Ano Chili
    -Vivid Air
    -Lyrik RC2DH
    -Hope Pro 2 Evo w/ Mavic 521 (f) and 721 (r)
    -SLX Brakes
    -SLX Crankset (32t)
    -MRP G2 Chainguide
    -Sram x7 10sp (11-36t)
    -Deity bars/stem
    -KS Dropper post (I used a shim and it was a tight fit, I forced it in and broke it and now it needs a rebuild)

How should I approach the pivot issue? I don't want to fix it myself, fearing I might royally F something up, I am thinking of taking it to a local Knolly dealer...

Cheers guys! Thanks for all the knowledge and advice! So stoked!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00642.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00643.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00644.jpg  

Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc00645.jpg  

mtbr member
    It's done.

I was riding around on it tonight. It felt great, however, I brought it back into my garage and was doing a once-over on everything and the rear pivot felt loose. I tried tightening it and it is still loose. I drew an arrow pointing to the pivot with play (third pic), is this the pivot issue on a few of the Chilis? Anyways, here she is...

Large Black Ano Chili
    -Vivid Air
    -Lyrik RC2DH
    -Hope Pro 2 Evo w/ Mavic 521 (f) and 721 (r)
    -SLX Brakes
    -SLX Crankset (32t)
    -MRP G2 Chainguide
    -Sram x7 10sp (11-36t)
    -Deity bars/stem
    -KS Dropper post (I used a shim and it was a tight fit, I forced it in and broke it and now it needs a rebuild)

How should I approach the pivot issue? I don't want to fix it myself, fearing I might royally F something up, I am thinking of taking it to a local Knolly dealer...

Cheers guys! Thanks for all the knowledge and advice! So stoked!
    it's a pretty easy fix. a file and some time are all you need. retarded you have to do it, but still easy. remove the pivot and file it down

Really??

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am just nervous since I don't have calipers. I read your post qbert. I dont fully understand it though. So you back one of horseshoe axle pivots out half way, bang it with a mallet, then detach the seatstay pivots. Then remove the horseshoe pivot axle? Sorry, my reading comprehension skills are on par with a 5th grader.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

gaps between link and bolt heads.

Anyone of you guys notice a gap between the link and the outer bolt head/shoulder? Is this normal or is this something to be worried about?

mtbr member
    I am just nervous since I don't have calipers. I read your post qbert. I dont fully understand it though. So you back one of horseshoe axle pivots out half way, bang it with a mallet, then detach the seatstay pivots. Then remove the horseshoe pivot axle? Sorry, my reading comprehension skills are on par with a 5th grader.
    yes, but i get that it sounds confusing without pics. one of the reasons i thought it'd be nice if knolly actually chimed in on this officially is because then they could put some pics up with instructions for people. if you aren't comfortable doing it, get your dealer to take care of it for you.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Great looking bikes.
    I see most of them are size medium. Are most of you so "small" or is it possible to ride the Chilcotin in size medium with around 6' and 34" inseam?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadl View Post
    Great looking bikes.
    I see most of them are size medium. Are most of you so "small" or is it possible to ride the Chilcotin in size medium with around 6' and 34" inseam?
    The Knolly medium is kinda big when you look at the geo numbers for a Nomad or HD.

I have the same height and inseam you posted and feel like the medium with a 70mm stem is a perfect fit. I also like that the seatpost is shorter on a medium, there are some steeps around here where it is nice to get that saddle out of the way.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

RideDirt
    Im 5'10'' and i ride mediums on all my bikes , dunno if im considered so " small " lol .

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am exactly your size Fadl. I went with the L with a 50mm stem. I have not had the chance to put it through testing yet but it seems to fit well. I chose L based solely off the Knolly recommendation.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm 6' with a 32" inseam, and went large with a 60mm stem. I could probably go to a 50mm, but I'm used to what I have now. I wouldn't want a medium, although I know it would fit much better than my med. Heckler (bought on a very tight budget when I was getting back into riding)!

mtbr member
    I'm 5'11 with a 33+" inseam, and kinda long arms. I ride a large with a 50mm stem (and 780mm bars) and it seems to fits perfectly. I've ridden cheezwhip's medium with a 50 mm stem and it felt too small for me.

Also keep in mind how much exposed post you would have at full pedaling height with either size. You probably don't want to be pedaling around with 9 or 10 inches of exposed post.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadl View Post
    Great looking bikes.
    I'm 6 feet with a large...50mm stem and 760 bars. Unbelievable set up...Bike rips!

mtbr member
    Well, the good news is that a 5th grader can take care of the minor problem...Remove the larger bolts that attach to the seat tube first as to not put any torque on them as you use a mallet to remove the horseshoe bolt. To remove the horseshoe pivot bolt, unscrew the removable bolt a few turns and hit it with a mallet to get the axle moving. Pull the axle out and file it down .3mm. Someone said that is equivalent to about 20 swipes with a bastard file.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Qbert!!! Thank you!!!! That totally worked!!!

My axle was 72.85mm long and I followed qberts intstructions. I ended up at 72.70 on the dot. I got it back together and there is no play. It was not hard at all (trust me, I am not qualified to work on bikes )

I AM SO STOKED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

P.S. Knolly crew, like qbert said, there should be a little write up with pics. It wasn't hard, but it would definitely help to have some visual guide to make sure you aren't F'ing it up too bad.

mtbr member
    Looks good. Impressive weight!
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggs View Post
    and loving it. Weighing in at 31.6 lbs with the current build.
    How are you liking the xfusion suspension?

mtbr member
    you guys must be shaped funny LOL
    I'm on a large 5'11'' with a 70mm stem
    tried a 50mm - it made the bike a bit too nervous on the gravity side & brought the bars a bit too close to the knees during switchback manuvers
    I may try a 65mm stem but thats splitting hairs as with the 70mm I need to make a bit of handlebar downforce at times to really carve the front tire..

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Greasy build

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    maybe try a wider bar? 750 mm works great for me on these kind of bikes ...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Great!

How tall are you? Do you know your inseam too?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Anyone of you guys notice a gap between the link and the outer bolt head/shoulder? Is this normal or is this something to be worried about?
    yes, I have gaps on all those shoulder bolts. The one at the horse shoe link is slightly bigger than the others though. I'll take it apart and measure if it's too long ...

Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast