Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 1142
  1. #326
    Ride Hard. Go Fast.
    Reputation: OldschoolBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    238
    I figure it's time to post mine up here... having ridden it now for a good month (sorry iPhone pic sux -- I'll update with some glam shots soon ). Loving how it rides with the CCDB air. It took me 3 or 4 rides to dial in the shock for the riding I use it for. What I'm amazed at is it climbs better than a 26lb carbon remedy I had. May have just been a fit or preference thing, but this frame seems more responsive. The wheelbase is a tad longer than I expected coming from my delirium, but I really don't notice it anymore. Nothing new to report that others have not already raved about (I concur with everything ).

    If I could do it, I'd switch the Talas for a float because I haven't felt the need to drop the fork on climbs so the Talas is just adding weight at this point.

    It sits right at 29lbs.

    Build highlights:
    small frame - CCDB air
    Fox 36 Talas
    I9 EN wheelset - setup tubeless
    larsen 2.35 TT rear
    hans dampf 2.35 front
    XTR 2x10 setup
    XTR Shifters
    XTR M985 Front / Rear Derailleurs
    XTR trail spd pedals
    Bionicon C guide
    KMC X10 SL chain
    XTR Trail brakes
    Hope 160/180 floating rotors
    Headset - Hope bottom EC cup / CC flush top cup
    Easton havoc carbon bar 750mm
    Easton haven stem 55mm
    ODI ruffian grips
    Hope collar
    Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
    WTB Devo carbon saddle
    Frame Defender on chainstay & bottom tube



  2. #327
    Yebo Numzaan
    Reputation: Muttonchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    544
    Wow...i have a carbon Remedy and a Chilly and although i love my chilly to bits i wouldnt say it pedals anything like the Remedy. But saying that...they are not in the same league when the pedaling ends...and "its business time". Very very stealth looking bike.

    Where do you ride?
    I support EMBA

  3. #328
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,752
    OldschoolBMXer your bike needs moar black!
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  4. #329
    Ride Hard. Go Fast.
    Reputation: OldschoolBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    Wow...i have a carbon Remedy and a Chilly and although i love my chilly to bits i wouldnt say it pedals anything like the Remedy. But saying that...they are not in the same league when the pedaling ends...and "its business time". Very very stealth looking bike.

    Where do you ride?
    The setup on the remedy probably was not setup for it's geo. I was running a 160 fork on it so it had a tendency to wheelie, which bugged me in general for climbing. I just never felt confident on it on fast loose single track where it's light weight felt like it was moving all over the place... the chili settled everything down and tracked better. I pretty much transferred all the parts from the remedy over and voila! instant "feel right at home" kind of experience. Sometimes a really light bike just doesn't make sense. I live in San Diego and ride mainly off the grid trails so I can't say where exactly but they are fun trails that the chili is perfect for.

  5. #330
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,492
    Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolBMXer View Post
    What I'm amazed at is it climbs better than a 26lb carbon remedy I had. May have just been a fit or preference thing, but this frame seems more responsive.
    Funny. My wife has a Carbon remedy 9.9 with a 36 on it and rode my Chilcotin a few weeks ago when her bike was in the shop. She wants to sell her Trek now.

  6. #331
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,227
    Seems like Knolly has created a monster ! :P

  7. #332
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    416
    medium blue Chilcotin from Israel:

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9106185&type=3

  8. #333
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    639
    [QUOTE=bsphere;9621041]medium blue Chilcotin from Israel:


    Very Nice!
    Is that the first Chili in Israel?

  9. #334
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bullit_cn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,556
    [QUOTE
    [/QUOTE]

    Whoo!
    Nice bad*ss black
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

  10. #335
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bullit_cn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by B Gillespie View Post
    Finished it a few weeks ago, but it's been too much fun to stop and take pics...
    .
    I like your RD cable routing, very clean
    Was it just secured using a cable tie?
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

  11. #336
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,447

    XL Chicotin Build

    Definately go with XL if you are around 6fr 3ins plus. The frame is quite compact and I think I still need to run it with a layback post.

    The XL complete build weighs in at 31.5lbs. Really please with that.

    My spec:

    Anodised black frame XL
    BOS Deville 160
    CCDB air
    2 x 9 + bbg bash 22/36
    Saint Cranks 175
    RD X0
    FD M780 (thanks Dulyebr)
    Formula one brakes 180/160
    Stans Flows/Hopes
    SDG layback I beam + I Fly
    Chromag seat clamp
    Conti Barons or RQ's
    Nukeproof 800 bar + 65 stem
    Nukeproof pedals
    25mm spacers
    X0 gripshift
    ODI lock-on grips

    Just finished so photos and ride report to follow.

  12. #337
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullit_cn View Post
    I like your RD cable routing, very clean
    Was it just secured using a cable tie?
    Thanks. It's secured with zip ties (Thomas & Betts heavy duty with stainless locking thingy) and a Go Ride chain stay protector. To get the ties tighter, I used a Tie Gun.

  13. #338
    MTB SOCAL
    Reputation: yangpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,317
    My Chilcotin is finally here. The build is almost complete.

    Color: Raw
    Frame Size: Medium
    Shock: CCDB Air
    Fork: Fox 36 TALAS RLC taper
    Headset: Chris King InSet
    Stem: Thomson X4 80mm
    Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece
    Seat collar: Chromag QR
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow
    Handlebars: Easton EC70 Riser
    Grips: ODI Ruffian
    Brakes: Hope Tech EVO X2
    Rotors: Hope floating 183mm f/r
    Shifters: Shimano XTR 10-spd triggers
    Front Der: Shimano XTR
    Rear Der: Shimano XTR
    Crankset: Shimano XTR 38/26
    Cassette: Shimano XTR 11-36
    Pedals: Shimano XTR trail PD-M985
    Wheels: Mavic 819
    Hubs: Chris King
    Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf

    Will post weight after I pick up the bike from the shop tomorrow.
    Kokopelli Racing

    "Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

  14. #339
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,227
    Damn man lol you guys all have such hi end builds dammit lol ..

  15. #340
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Damn man lol you guys all have such hi end builds dammit lol ..
    Ha, 75% of mine came from pinkbike and KSL classifieds, the other 25% came out of The Prof's spare parts bin.

  16. #341
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,227
    Yea i just started ordering up some drive terrain components for now, figure i will order small bundles at a time till my frame actually ships out . Found a good deal on the new XT crankset on ebay new and ordered up a few other things from Universal Cycle last night .

  17. #342
    MTB SOCAL
    Reputation: yangpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Damn man lol you guys all have such hi end builds dammit lol ..
    I was initially planning on building up the Chilcotin with parts swapped from my Moment. But, I really loved the new Shimano 2x10 on my 5.7 Carbon. So, I ended up buying all new parts for the Chilcotin except for the Chris King wheelset.

    My Chilcotin came set up with the shock in the forward position (which I believe is the steeper position). Are most of you running your Chili's in the slack or steep position?
    Kokopelli Racing

    "Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

  18. #343
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bullit_cn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by yangpei View Post
    My Chilcotin is finally here. The build is almost complete.

    Color: Raw
    Frame Size: Medium
    Shock: CCDB Air
    Fork: Fox 36 TALAS RLC taper
    Headset: Chris King InSet
    Stem: Thomson X4 80mm
    Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece
    Seat collar: Chromag QR
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow
    Handlebars: Easton EC70 Riser
    Grips: ODI Ruffian
    Brakes: Hope Tech EVO X2
    Rotors: Hope floating 183mm f/r
    Shifters: Shimano XTR 10-spd triggers
    Front Der: Shimano XTR
    Rear Der: Shimano XTR
    Crankset: Shimano XTR 38/26
    Cassette: Shimano XTR 11-36
    Pedals: Shimano XTR trail PD-M985
    Wheels: Mavic 819
    Hubs: Chris King
    Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf

    Will post weight after I pick up the bike from the shop tomorrow.
    Can't wait to see the picture of this build,
    Seems, this is the lightest Chico build to date
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

  19. #344
    MTB SOCAL
    Reputation: yangpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullit_cn View Post
    Can't wait to see the picture of this build,
    Seems, this is the lightest Chico build to date
    Not the lightest, but not bad. It ended up weighing 30.6 lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilcotin-profile.jpg  

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilcotin-drivetrain.jpg  

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-chilcotin-front.jpg  

    Kokopelli Racing

    "Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

  20. #345
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,227
    Sweet ! Looks too clean lol go get it dirty now

  21. #346
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bullit_cn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by yangpei View Post
    Not the lightest, but not bad. It ended up weighing 30.6 lbs.
    SEXY!
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

  22. #347
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,227
    Yangpei - How do you like those Hope brakes ? Any issues with them at all or no? Ive heard with hope brakes once you get them finally dialed in , its like a set and forget with them . Just looking for some feedback. Thanks !

  23. #348
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    639
    Is there a reason that Knolly changed the position of the shock?

  24. #349
    MTB SOCAL
    Reputation: yangpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolBMXer View Post
    It sits right at 29lbs.

    Build highlights:
    small frame - CCDB air
    Fox 36 Talas
    I9 EN wheelset - setup tubeless
    larsen 2.35 TT rear
    hans dampf 2.35 front
    XTR 2x10 setup
    XTR Shifters
    XTR M985 Front / Rear Derailleurs
    XTR trail spd pedals
    Bionicon C guide
    KMC X10 SL chain
    XTR Trail brakes
    Hope 160/180 floating rotors
    Headset - Hope bottom EC cup / CC flush top cup
    Easton havoc carbon bar 750mm
    Easton haven stem 55mm
    ODI ruffian grips
    Hope collar
    Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
    WTB Devo carbon saddle
    Frame Defender on chainstay & bottom tube


    Wow - 29 lbs.

    Not sure why mine is so beefy. Your frame is small vs my medium, but otherwise very similar builds (same shock, fork, seatpost, drivetrain, pedals,grips, tire). I didn't think the I9 Enduro wheels were that much lighter than CK / Mavic 819's.
    Kokopelli Racing

    "Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

  25. #350
    MTB SOCAL
    Reputation: yangpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Yangpei - How do you like those Hope brakes ? Any issues with them at all or no? Ive heard with hope brakes once you get them finally dialed in , its like a set and forget with them . Just looking for some feedback. Thanks !
    I have Hope brakes on almost all of my mountain bikes (mostly Mono Mini's and Mono M4's). I really like the lever feel / modulation the Hopes provide. This is my first set of Tech EVO X2's, though.
    Kokopelli Racing

    "Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •