Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 600 of 1345
  1. #551
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,245
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    Well... it started a couple of years ago and hasn't let up since
    Ha ha. No kidding. You guys are like Knolly Nation South down there.

    Seriously though, when is the Knolly gathering?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  2. #552
    Yebo Numzaan
    Reputation: Muttonchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    776
    Rad...I have never ridden in Phoenix...it would be fun riding with some of you clowns..
    I support EMBA

  3. #553
    si vis pacem...
    Reputation: Parabellum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    155
    Is the Arizona Knollyfest a private party or can a bunch of Crazy Canadians come too?

  4. #554
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,444
    Should we bring rock climbing gear in order to attend this bro fest? LOL
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  5. #555
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    334
    Thanks to Wilks for ordering my Knolly frame, I highly recommend him if you are looking for a Knolly.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/member.php?u=235190

    My first frame up build.

    Large
    i23 frequency rims
    CK Iso hubs
    X-fusion Vengeance 170mm HLR coil
    Cane Creek DB-air
    Crane Creek Angleset
    XT 3x10 Drivetrain with shadow plus derailleur, now 1x10 with 32T
    11-36 cassette
    XT Icetech brakes and rotors
    KS 950i Seat post
    Spank Spike pedals
    Raceface bash guard
    Tubeless Stan's set up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-kch.jpg  


  6. #556
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by mbikerguy View Post
    XT 3x10 Drivetrain with shadow plus derailleur, now 1x10 with 32T
    I'm getting more and more converted to the idea of the 1x10. What's the reason for getting a 3x10 to convert to a 1x10; wouldn't a 2x10 make a cleaner conversion?
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  7. #557
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    I'm getting more and more converted to the idea of the 1x10. What's the reason for getting a 3x10 to convert to a 1x10; wouldn't a 2x10 make a cleaner conversion?
    I liked having the options of a bash guard and a granny ring in case I needed to go 2X10.


    There is a bash guard now available for XT M785 2X10, it costs $72.

    Blackspire - Defender 104BCD 2X | Blackspire
    Last edited by mbikerguy; 11-06-2012 at 09:04 AM.

  8. #558
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara506 View Post
    those look like Point1Racing Podiums on G-AIR's Chili no?

    For those of you guys running 1X setups, what size chainring in the front?

    (edit: just noticed Wilks is running a 32T)[img]
    32t here as well, with 11-36 in the back.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  9. #559
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,974
    I was afraid of the 1x10 change over so I wimped out with the 28t and a 9-36 cassette. Now that I am more comfortable I am going to up the chainring size.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  10. #560
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    I was afraid of the 1x10 change over so I wimped out with the 28t and a 9-36 cassette. Now that I am more comfortable I am going to up the chainring size.
    I like that setup. I would spend most of my time in middle gears. Who makes a 9-36 cassette?
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  11. #561
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    I like that setup. I would spend most of my time in middle gears. Who makes a 9-36 cassette?
    Well.... most of the cassette is a SRAM PG1050, the bottom 4 cogs (9,11,13 &16) are made by Canfield to fit their micro-drive hub. Very slick set up.

    Canfield Components 9t Micro Drive Hubs and Cog Conversion Kits
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  12. #562
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14
    Here is mine



    Bike setup:
    * Frame Size & Color: Medium Raw
    * Rear Shock: Bos VIPr
    * Fork: Bos Deville 160mm
    * Brakes: Hayes Strocker Gram
    * Shifter: SRAM X9 10 Speed
    * Cranks: Race Face Deus
    * Chainguide: N/A
    * Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 super short
    * Pedals: Ritchey Paradigm
    * Stem: Point One Racing 50mm
    * Handlebar: Chromag flat OS 730
    * Seatpost: RS Reverb
    * Saddle: Vetta (an old one)
    * Cassette: SRAM PG990
    * Headset: Gravity 1
    * Grips: ESI chunky
    * Front Tire: WTB weirwolf 2.5
    * Front Rim: ZTR Crest / CX ray
    * Front Hub: Superstar Compoment
    * Rear Tire: WTB Prowler mx 2.5
    * Rear Rim: ZTR Crest / CX ray
    * Rear Hub: Superstar Compoment 120

    weight
    13.4Kg ----> 29.55

    Great frame
    Sorry for my crappy english (france)

    Mtb directory : mtbbox.com

  13. #563
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by sonikbuzz View Post
    Here is mine



    Bike setup:
    * Frame Size & Color: Medium Raw
    * Rear Shock: Bos VIPr
    * Fork: Bos Deville 160mm
    * Brakes: Hayes Strocker Gram
    * Shifter: SRAM X9 10 Speed
    * Cranks: Race Face Deus
    * Chainguide: N/A
    * Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 super short
    * Pedals: Ritchey Paradigm
    * Stem: Point One Racing 50mm
    * Handlebar: Chromag flat OS 730
    * Seatpost: RS Reverb
    * Saddle: Vetta (an old one)
    * Cassette: SRAM PG990
    * Headset: Gravity 1
    * Grips: ESI chunky
    * Front Tire: WTB weirwolf 2.5
    * Front Rim: ZTR Crest / CX ray
    * Front Hub: Superstar Compoment
    * Rear Tire: WTB Prowler mx 2.5
    * Rear Rim: ZTR Crest / CX ray
    * Rear Hub: Superstar Compoment 120

    weight
    13.4Kg ----> 29.55

    Great frame
    nice build. time to splurge on a new saddle though

  14. #564
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by sonikbuzz View Post
    weight
    13.4Kg ----> 29.55
    Beau vélo. Poids incroyable!

    (Je ne parle pas français. Heureusement, bing.com/translator fait. )
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  15. #565
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,965
    I've never seen crests on a all mtn / light freeride bike. I assume you're either light or not a hucker or both?

  16. #566
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    170
    please let us know how you like the vip'r on that beauty! cheers

  17. #567
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    535
    Sweet ride! Those BOS forks look great...Is that saddle sentimental?

  18. #568
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    I've never seen crests on a all mtn / light freeride bike. I assume you're either light or not a hucker or both?
    Well... im not heavy (65kg) and it's an enduro (Super D) race oriented setup.
    It is not uncommon to see riders (including those who win) with mavic slr.

    Rigidity is not an issue but the sides are weak specially for the rear wheel.
    I changed the rear rim after almost 2 years of AM rides and more than 15 races

    Quote Originally Posted by Zuzi View Post
    please let us know how you like the vip'r on that beauty! cheers
    Much better than a float (this vip'r was on my old Endorphin and i previously tested a dhx and a float on it)
    When I compare it to a fox, I wonder if there is oil in the fox

    The vip'r is less comfortable in cruising mode but when you push, the bike become more stable and secure.
    it does not sink on "backing" (?) than the bike is more dynamic.


    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Sweet ride! Those BOS forks look great...Is that saddle sentimental?
    Of course she is
    She won some XC races when i was young and pretty in the 90'
    It's a confortable and light saddle ... no reason to change until his death


    The other site of the ... saddle

    Last edited by sonikbuzz; 11-13-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Sorry for my crappy english (france)

    Mtb directory : mtbbox.com

  19. #569
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bullit_cn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,880

    Here's my build while still rambling my mind on color choice

    All parts are ready except for the frame to arrive;

    *Frame Size & Color: Medium...color undecided yet
    * Rear Shock: CCDB coil 400#
    *Fork: Marzocchi 55RC3 ti 1.5
    * Brakes: Hope Brake Evo M4 203mm front, 183mm rear
    * Shifter: Sram X.9 10s
    * Cranks: Shimano XT 34T black
    * Chainguide: MRP Mini G2 SL
    * Rear Derailleur: Sram X.9 black 10s
    * Pedals: Crank Brothers Mallet 3
    * Stem: Thomson X4 50mm
    * Handlebar: Easton Havoc DH 750mm
    * Seat post: Thomson
    * Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM
    * Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
    * Chainring: E.13 34T
    * Cassette: Sram X.9 10 speed 11-36T
    * Headset: Cane Creek 40 EC49
    * Grips: ODI Rufian Lock-on
    * Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF2 3C 2.5
    * Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF1 2.5
    * Wheelset: Fulcrum Red Zone

    *Future changes:*
    * Dropper Post

    *Rider Setup*
    *Weight: 185lbs. (ready-to-ride)
    *Height: 5’8"

    *Est. Bike weight: 33lbs or more
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

  20. #570
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    297
    Almost identical to my setup. You'll love it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bullit_cn View Post
    All parts are ready except for the frame to arrive;

    *Frame Size & Color: Medium...color undecided yet
    * Rear Shock: CCDB coil 400#
    *Fork: Marzocchi 55RC3 ti 1.5
    * Brakes: Hope Brake Evo M4 203mm front, 183mm rear
    * Shifter: Sram X.9 10s
    * Cranks: Shimano XT 34T black
    * Chainguide: MRP Mini G2 SL
    * Rear Derailleur: Sram X.9 black 10s
    * Pedals: Crank Brothers Mallet 3
    * Stem: Thomson X4 50mm
    * Handlebar: Easton Havoc DH 750mm
    * Seat post: Thomson
    * Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM
    * Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
    * Chainring: E.13 34T
    * Cassette: Sram X.9 10 speed 11-36T
    * Headset: Cane Creek 40 EC49
    * Grips: ODI Rufian Lock-on
    * Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF2 3C 2.5
    * Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF1 2.5
    * Wheelset: Fulcrum Red Zone

    *Future changes:*
    * Dropper Post

    *Rider Setup*
    *Weight: 185lbs. (ready-to-ride)
    *Height: 5’8"

    *Est. Bike weight: 33lbs or more

  21. #571
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    * Frame Size & Color: Medium Black
    * Rear Shock: Fox RP23
    * Fork: Rock Shox Lyrik RC2DH Solo Air Fork 2013
    * Brakes: Shimano BR-M820 Saint Disc Brakes - 2013 203mmF & 180mmR Icetech Rotors
    * Shifter: Shimano Saint M820 10 Speed
    * Cranks: Shimano XT converted to a 1x10 w/ E-13 32T ring
    * Chainguide: Carbon cSixx Guide
    * Rear Derailleur: Shimano RD-M820 Saint
    * Pedals: VP Pedals / E-13 Pedals
    * Stem:Thomson X4 Stem 50mm
    * Handlebar: ENVE DH carbon bars
    * Seatpost: Thomson
    * Saddle: Charge
    * Cassette: Shimano XT
    * Headset: CK
    * Grips: ODI Lock ons
    * Front Tire: Muddy Mary 2.35 FR
    * Front Rim: DT Swiss EX 500
    * Front Hub: Hope Pro 2 Evo
    * Rear Tire: Muddy Mary 2.35 FR
    * Rear Rim: DT Swiss EX 500
    * Rear Hub: Hadley
    * Chain: KMC X10SL-DLC/Black
    * BB: CK
    * Spokes & Nipples: DT Swiss

    Currently running tubes right now w/ my setup. Ill be building up another wheelset that will be a lot lighter and just as strong. New shock will be on order as well , but this rp23 will do for now.Will get some more pix up later on



    And the weight of the bike w/ VP pedals on:

    Last edited by aedubber; 11-16-2012 at 10:29 PM.

  22. #572
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bullit_cn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    * Frame Size & Color: Medium Black
    * Rear Shock: Fox RP23
    * Fork: Rock Shox Lyrik RC2DH Solo Air Fork 2013
    * Brakes: Shimano BR-M820 Saint Disc Brakes - 2013 203mmF & 180mmR Icetech Rotors
    * Shifter: Shimano Saint M820 10 Speed
    * Cranks: Shimano XT converted to a 1x10 w/ E-13 32T ring
    * Chainguide: Carbon cSixx Guide
    * Rear Derailleur: Shimano RD-M820 Saint
    * Pedals: VP Pedals / E-13 Pedals
    * Stem:Thomson X4 Stem 50mm
    * Handlebar: ENVE DH carbon bars
    * Seatpost: Thomson
    * Saddle: Charge
    * Cassette: Shimano XT
    * Headset: CK
    * Grips: ODI Lock ons
    * Front Tire: Muddy Mary 2.35 FR
    * Front Rim: DT Swiss EX 500
    * Front Hub: Hope Pro 2 Evo
    * Rear Tire: Muddy Mary 2.35 FR
    * Rear Rim: DT Swiss EX 500
    * Rear Hub: Hadley
    * Chain: KMC X10SL-DLC/Black
    * BB: CK
    * Spokes & Nipples: DT Swiss

    Currently running tubes right now w/ my setup. Ill be building up another wheelset that will be a lot lighter and just as strong. New shock will be on order as well , but this rp23 will do for now.Will get some more pix up later on



    And the weight of the bike w/ VP pedals on:

    Very nice build, Congrats...I think I'll go black too...
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

  23. #573
    mtbr member
    Reputation: F.N.G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,441
    Very nice. Maybe it is just the lighting but that black looks a little shinier than the other ones. Almost looks painted.

    Very good looking, nonetheless!!!! Congrats.

  24. #574
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    665
    Your bike came out Awesome!
    Now get out there there and ride that beauty.
    Last edited by Rock dude; 11-17-2012 at 06:36 PM.

  25. #575
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Thx guys ! sure am missing the feel of a coil shock lol .. Bike rides very nicely and i cant believe how well it climbs Little quick spin at a local spot.


  26. #576
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Thx guys ! sure am missing the feel of a coil shock lol .. Bike rides very nicely and i cant believe how well it climbs Little quick spin at a local spot.
    I like all the blue accents. Very well done. Is that a trick of the light or did you switch to Enduro fork seals (which are blue)?
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  27. #577
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    TSC- Thx ,no tricks here lol ... As far as seals go they are just the regular seals .

    Just realized my shock is in the steep mode ! Ha , i gotta get that baby setup in the slack mode
    Last edited by aedubber; 11-18-2012 at 07:44 AM.

  28. #578
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,075

    in like flynn




    Bike setup:
    * Frame Size & Color: Large Black
    * Rear Shock: Avalanche Woodie 500# Spring
    * Fork: Lyrik Two Step Air Taper with Avalanche Cartridge
    * Brakes: Magura MT6 with SL rotors 203mm (f)/180mm (r)
    * Shifter: SRAM X9 9 Speed
    * Cranks: Shimano Saint
    * Chainring: e*thirteen 35t
    * Chainguide: MRP mini-G SL
    * Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 super short
    * Pedals: Canfield Bros. Ultimate
    * Stem: 40mm Truvativ (placeholder?)
    * Handlebar: Chromag Fubar OSX 760
    * Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb (getting refurb'd at the moment)
    * Saddle: Chromag Lynx DT
    * Cassette: Shimano XT 11-34
    * Headset: Cane Creek 40
    * Grips: Rogue
    * Front Tire: Specialized Butcher SX 2.3
    * Front Rim: Stans Flow ZTR
    * Front Hub: Hadley
    * Rear Tire: Fat Albert 2.4
    * Rear Rim: Stans Flow ZTR
    * Rear Hub: Hadley

    *Rider Setup
    *Weight: 220 geared
    *Height: 6'
    Last edited by CharacterZero; 11-18-2012 at 12:43 PM.

  29. #579
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,444
    Very nice. How is the Lyrik with the Avy cart treating you so far?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  30. #580
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Very nice. How is the Lyrik with the Avy cart treating you so far?
    4 rides in, so just started turning knobs on it. Backed off compression 2 clicks. I know that this isn't the same fork or designed to be the same as the 66RC3Ti I had before, but that is the measuring stick!

    I think, given my weight, I am seeing just what Craig warns about with air forks. I'm going to keep playing with air pressure and settings to get the most out of this before I just turn around and drop a coil in it. Good thing I got such a great deal on it used, so I couldn't resist.

  31. #581
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    4 rides in, so just started turning knobs on it. Backed off compression 2 clicks. I know that this isn't the same fork or designed to be the same as the 66RC3Ti I had before, but that is the measuring stick!

    I think, given my weight, I am seeing just what Craig warns about with air forks. I'm going to keep playing with air pressure and settings to get the most out of this before I just turn around and drop a coil in it. Good thing I got such a great deal on it used, so I couldn't resist.
    When you say you adjusted the compression, did you adjust the bottom screw? You're probably smarter than me; but, Craig had to tell me that I was adjusting the rebound, not the compression, when turning the top screw. In my defense, the manual only says the following (I added the bold) to help you know that they are backwards of convention. Also, the red nut on bottom next to the compression adjuster and the gold on top next to the rebound adjuster adds to the confusion IMO.

    From the manual:

    The fork cap adjuster is the low speed rebound and the standard setting is 12 clicks out (counterclockwise) from full hard. The 10 mm adapter bolt contains the low speed compression adjuster and the standard setting is 12 clicks out (counterclockwise) from full hard. It can be turn by inserting a small (3.75 mm wide max) flat blade screwdriver up into the lower leg adapter bolt.
    The fork was much easier to set up, once I figured this out.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  32. #582
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    When you say you adjusted the compression, did you adjust the bottom screw? You're probably smarter than me; but, Craig had to tell me that I was adjusting the rebound, not the compression, when turning the top screw. In my defense, the manual only says the following (I added the bold) to help you know that they are backwards of convention. Also, the red nut on bottom next to the compression adjuster and the gold on top next to the rebound adjuster adds to the confusion IMO.

    From the manual:



    The fork was much easier to set up, once I figured this out.
    Agreed, it could follow convention more, but I was with you - really reading the manual was important for setup here! I had it straightened out in my head leading up to the first ride, so that helped. That and putting a very small screw driver into the pack so I could dial in some on the trail.

  33. #583
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bullit_cn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,880

    Eta 12/06

    Excitement is growing on me now
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

  34. #584
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bullit_cn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post



    '
    A little bit touch of green

    since I couldn't imagine myself riding a glowing yellow
    I was thinking a similar accent to my upcoming black too...
    But since you already made it, I may go for a little bit different color then
    Cheers,
    Last edited by Bullit_cn; 11-30-2012 at 03:22 AM.
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

  35. #585
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullit_cn View Post
    A little bit touch of green

    since I couldn't imagine myself riding a glowing yellow
    I was thinking a similar accent to my upcoming black too...
    But since you already made it, I may go for a little bit different color then
    Cheers,
    yeah, that bike is alright...

    would be better with these cranks

    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  36. #586
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thegromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    359
    Just her built

    Fox float
    sunline v1 745
    xt brakes 180/160
    reverb
    x.0 9 speed shifters
    x.9 rear
    stylo's
    dt swiss ex500 and 240 hubs(not shown)
    transition stem
    oury lock ons

    I tried to get a good picture with it glowing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc02495.jpg  

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-dsc02497.jpg  

    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

  37. #587
    si vis pacem...
    Reputation: Parabellum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Forget the Chili, lets hear some more about the sweet machine in the background!!

    Seriously, though....gorgeous build. The blue & black looks amazing.

  38. #588
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by thegromit View Post
    Just her built

    Fox float
    sunline v1 745
    xt brakes 180/160
    reverb
    x.0 9 speed shifters
    x.9 rear
    stylo's
    dt swiss ex500 and 240 hubs(not shown)
    transition stem
    oury lock ons

    I tried to get a good picture with it glowing.
    Can you take a clearer picture?

  39. #589
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,280
    Quote Originally Posted by eastshorebiker View Post
    Can you take a clearer picture?
    And post a weight!

  40. #590
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    Rear shock shipped today. Either gonna be here by friday but most likely early next week. It's the last piece of the build! No more pics from me but a cool video to keep the stoke goin!


    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3-vxC9Fi1MQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Great riding and good editing for an excellent bike

  41. #591
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    908

    Updates...

    Have been riding the Chilcotin since Spring and have made a few changes over that time. I don't know how it happened, but it is built more like the Delirium now

    * Went from 710 wide 40mm rise bars with 80mm stem to 740 wide 35mm rise Kore bars and a 70mm Thompson stem.

    * XT cranks to Saint 2x with 26 36 Blackspire rings. 9 to 10 speed with 11-36 XT cassette and XT plus mid cage derailleur with 10spd shifter up front.

    * Cane Creek DBair to Avalanche Woodie with 500lb spring. Still have the DBair.

    * Syncros DS 28 rims to Stans Flow EX rims.

    * Maxxis Ardent 2.4 F / 2.25 rear to High Roller 2 EXO: 3C front 60A rear. Pressures lowered 3 to 4 pounds.

    Overall the changes have transformed the bike into a solid performer for any of the riding I do. The bike tracks much better in the rough with the Woodie and does not require excess sag to do so. The lower pressures for the HR2 tires on Flow EX rims (with tubes) also contributed to better control on high speed chatter. The wider bars and shorter stem have improved stability and make standing and climbing easier. The XT plus and 10 speed set up has improved shifting and chain noise.

    Is the Chilcotin better than the Delirium now? They are both a blast to ride overall but the Delirium still has the edge when pointed down hill as expected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-001.jpg  

    Knolly Chilcotin: Build Information, Photos and Set-up Thread-002.jpg  

    Portland Off Road Navagators

  42. #592
    sapienti sat est
    Reputation: BikeBert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    253

    Smile Unboxing

    Finally, the package with the frame and few parts arrived last week.
    Here's my PDA [Public Displays of Affection] I am not ashamed of!

    Many thanks to guys at Knolly [especially Dusty Bottoms] for making this possible!!!
    Thank you tiSS'er for your words of wisdom and patience while answering my questions.






    ___



    ___



    ___



















    ___

























    to be continued...
    ____________________
    | Picasa | YouTube | Pinkbike |

  43. #593
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,974
    the hell just happened?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  44. #594
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBert View Post
    Finally, the package with the frame and few parts arrived last week.
    Here's my PDA [Public Displays of Affection] I am not ashamed of!

    Many thanks to guys at Knolly [especially Dusty Bottoms] for making this possible!!!
    Thank you tiSS'er for your words of wisdom and patience while answering my questions.


    to be continued...
    Fantastic. Love the pics, glad you did the Avy cartridge. You will not be disappointed. I hope that thing is built up already
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  45. #595
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    665
    Nice!
    How did you score a Knolly t-shirt?

  46. #596
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thegromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    359
    34.07 LBS
    <a href="http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/thegromit/?action=view&amp;current=DSC00003.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/thegromit/DSC00003.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

  47. #597
    Biking Like Crazy!
    Reputation: blcman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by thegromit View Post
    34.07 LBS
    <a href="http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/thegromit/?action=view&amp;current=DSC00003.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/thegromit/DSC00003.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
    Could of been 34lbs even had it been a raw frame!
    Ibis HD3
    Niner Rip9 RDO
    Niner WFO
    Knolly Podium

  48. #598
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thegromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by blcman View Post
    Could of been 34lbs even had it been a raw frame!

    Well worth the glow n' the dark... I blame the mud on there
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

  49. #599
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,494
    Bert, much better than the pics of you hosing off the Endorphin, wearing a speedo.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

  50. #600
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    78
    Some awesome looking builds. I am slowly obtaining parts for mine, but am in no rush as I am waiting for the 2013 Vengeances. Here is my proposed build, can't wait to get it together, and then get back out to CO this spring to put it through the wringer.

    Frame: Small Black
    Rear Shock: DBA with the high flow can
    Fork: Vengeance HLR Coil (Hoping to run at 170 comfortably)
    Brakes: Hope Stealth V4's F-183/R-160
    Shifter: Saint M820
    Cranks: XO 170
    Chainring: Bling Ring 32
    Chainguide: E-13 LG1+
    Rear Derailleur: Saint M820
    Pedals: Canfield Ultimates
    Stem: 70mm Haven
    Handlebar: Carbon Haven 711
    Seatpost: X-Fusion Hilo SL? (Waiting to see how the Thomson turns out)
    Saddle: WTB Devo Carbon
    Cassette: Shimano XT 11-36
    Headset: Cane Creek 40
    Grips: RF Half Nelson
    Front Tire: Hans Dampf 2.35
    Front Rim: Stans Flow EX
    Front Hub: Hope Evo 2
    Rear Tire: Nobby Nic 2.25
    Rear Rim: Stans Flow EX
    Rear Hub: Hope Evo 2

    Should build up to right around or barely under 30lbs. Have wider bars/shorter stem and chunkier tires for lift days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •