Knomer

Knolly Bikes now partnering with PUSH Industries

We are proud to announce our new partnership with PUSH Industries. Our staff and team riders have spent a few months testing Push’s ELEVENSIX coil rear shock, and have found that it complements our frame designs and suspension execution beautifully. We will be offering the ELEVENSIX with our Warden and Delirium frames to kick off this new partnership.

We are excited to be one of the first frame manufacturers to be offering this shock as stock equipment on our bikes, and believe that our consumer base will really appreciate the high level of performance it offers. Amazing bikes deserve amazing suspension equipment!

I'm sure that Darren from PUSH will chime in here with some charts, graphs, and diaphragms. Take it away Darren!

Knolly Bikes now partnering with PUSH Industries-2015-11-24-07.48.45.jpgKnolly Bikes now partnering with PUSH Industries-2015-11-24-07.49.05.jpg
    Knolly Bikes now partnering with PUSH Industries-2015-12-04-16.20.05111.jpg
    Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What will they cost with the elevensix? I have been looking for something to replace my reign and a raw warden would look pretty good next to my raw podium

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Will it be:
    1. Buy the frame and get a free 11-6
    or
    2. Buy an 11-6 and get a free frame?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    good move Knolly

...& PUSH of course
    breezy shade

J:

mtbr member
    I'll create a slight breach of etiquette and Triple Dog Dare you not to get one!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    I just loaded a page that discusses a few of the behind the scenes decisions that were made with Knolly and the differences between the builds for each bike.

Here's the link:

Knolly Bikes Dual Overhead Valve Technology - PUSH Industries

Darren

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    does this collaboration mean that a rider will get a better 11/6 performance if you buy a frame that comes w/ the shock instead of getting one afterwards?

seems like it wouldn't have the "rider personal stats" specs buying w/ the frame. more of "one size fits all" sorta thang. or is that going to be worked out @ ordering time?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Can current Knolly owners get a discount ?

mtbr member
    does this collaboration mean that a rider will get a better 11/6 performance if you buy a frame that comes w/ the shock instead of getting one afterwards?
    The ELEVENSIX that comes on the Knolly frame/bike is the same unit you would get from us in the aftermarket.

seems like it wouldn't have the "rider personal stats" specs buying w/ the frame. more of "one size fits all" sorta thang. or is that going to be worked out @ ordering time?
    It's pretty complicated, but we've got multiple damper specs and spring rates that are built into 15lb rider weights to ensure each rider is getting an optimized setup.

Can current Knolly owners get a discount ?
    How about some sweet stickers!

Darren

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What will the premium for this upgrade be vs a ccdb and has anyone ridden both this shock and the new cane creek double barrel coil with the climb switch? I have no doubt in my mind the push shock is better than the ccdb but I am not a world cup level rider by a long shot. Justifying an extra 600+ over a double barrel is hard if it's less I may be able to

mtbr member
    I tried lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I do ride after CC Inline. Worth it. Now waiting availability for Riot.Knolly Bikes now partnering with PUSH Industries-2-29-11-15.jpg
    Knolly Bikes now partnering with PUSH Industries-warden_kiara.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Will this shock be available to new Endorphin?

Yebo Numzaan
    This is pretty rad. My Warden is feeling pretty damn fine with a CCDB A CS right now...but I would do whatever it takes to get a 3 second advantage over Minnaar each time I race him in my imaginary race on my local trail. I must admit I have been toying with the idea of some coil in the rear.

Thanks for the info Darren.

My questions would be:-

1. If you get any custom shock for a bike - how easy is it to sell the shock to someone who doesn't have that bike? Models change and evolve - is there not a risk of a super bad ass shock becoming redundant - or can it be revalved if for e.g. I decided to switch it to a Delerium?
    2. What are the lower two downward sloping lines on each graph?
    3. Each circuit is valved for a specific purpose - and then there are two dials on each...one each or LSC / HSC.. is there rebound adjustment?

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions - it definitely helps when deciding whether to drop some $$

Adios
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Vadim0791 Sweet ride!

This is pretty rad. My Warden is feeling pretty damn fine with a CCDB A CS right now...but I would do whatever it takes to get a 3 second advantage over Minnaar each time I race him in my imaginary race on my local trail. I must admit I have been toying with the idea of some coil in the rear.
    Pretty sure I've been pulling closer to 4 seconds on my local trails!

Great questions....here you go:

1. If you get any custom shock for a bike - how easy is it to sell the shock to someone who doesn't have that bike? Models change and evolve - is there not a risk of a super bad ass shock becoming redundant - or can it be revalved if for e.g. I decided to switch it to a Delerium?
    We consider ELEVENSIX an investment and it's certainly built to last and to take from bike to bike. ELEVENSIX was also designed with reconfiguration in mind. If you purchase a new bike that requires the same shock size but has a different leverage characteristic, simply send in your shock for our Factory Rebuild and get the revalve at no charge. An example of a more complex reconfiguration would be purchasing a 200mmx57mm shock today for your Warden and deciding next year that you want to purchase a Delirium which requires a 216mmx63mm shock. In this case you would send your shock in for a Factory Rebuild, and at the time of service your shock would be converted to the new 216mm length for the additional parts cost only. At the same time, your shock would be revalved for the new application at no additional charge! Additional reconfigurations are available.
    Those are the rebound force curves.
    3. Each circuit is valved for a specific purpose - and then there are two dials on each...one each or LSC / HSC.. is there rebound adjustment?
    Yes, each valve has 20clicks of low speed compression and 24 clicks of high speed compression. The beauty is that these adjustments are for fine tuning only. Meaning that the range has been configured for your application and doesn't require any kind of bracketing or test riding to setup. We've already done the work with Knolly as we do with each manufacture to come up with damping curves that compliment the specific leverage characteristic, rider weight, and intended use. Bolt up an go.

As for rebound, yes, at the shaft end you'll find a red adjuster dial with 18 clicks of low speed rebound. High speed rebound adjustment isn't necessary because we know what spring rate is required based on rider weight and have adjusted the HS rebound accordingly.

Darren

mtbr member
    Obviously Darren will answer with much more accuracy but from what I have read:
    Shock can be reconfigured for other bikes, including change of stroke and i2i.

Each circuit has its own independent HSC and LSC.

The rebound knob is at the base of the shock down by the lower eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post

Thanks for the info Darren.

My questions would be:-

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions - it definitely helps when deciding whether to drop some $$

Adios

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadim0791 View Post
    I do ride after CC Inline. Worth it. Now waiting availability for Riot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	?????2 29,11,15.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	1034051
    Nice ride'
    Can you pin point some of the highlights of switching from the Inline to the 11/6?
    Thinking about going coil on my Warden as well.

Yebo Numzaan
    Thanks - You had me at 4 seconds!
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    So Darren, if I buy the 11-6 with my new Warden carbon am I getting the same two tunes I would get if I bought it separate from you directly? I want a full gas gnarly descending mode and then one that I'm describing as my "enduro pedalling" mode. By that I mean that a lot of enduros have those stand and sprint sections between gnarlier descending sections. I obviously don't want to be reaching down to flip switches in the middle of a race run. I want a tune that might give me a bit more standing sprint support but still be composed and eat up the fast and rough descent sections. If that is possible or am I asking for counter tunes?

So would I be getting tunes to fit that description in the OEM 11-6 from Knolly or better coming from Push directly?

mtbr member
    So Darren, if I buy the 11-6 with my new Warden carbon am I getting the same two tunes I would get if I bought it separate from you directly? I want a full gas gnarly descending mode and then one that I'm describing as my "enduro pedalling" mode. By that I mean that a lot of enduros have those stand and sprint sections between gnarlier descending sections. I want a tune that might give me a bit more standing sprint support but still eat up the fast and rough descents. If that is possible or am I asking counter tunes?

So would I be getting tunes to fit that in the OEM 11-6 from Knolly?
    The build you're describing is the valve configuration we went with on the Warden. You would get the same build whether OE, or from us in the aftermarket. One gnar-shred DH podium seeking position, and one sprint-like-a-boss watch out I'm coming through position.

Basically what I'm saying is get your Warden with 11.6 and while waiting for it to arrive start preparing your podium celebration stance.

Darren

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post

We consider ELEVENSIX an investment and it's certainly built to last and to take from bike to bike. ELEVENSIX was also designed with reconfiguration in mind. If you purchase a new bike that requires the same shock size but has a different leverage characteristic, simply send in your shock for our Factory Rebuild and get the revalve at no charge...
    I do not think this is entirely correct. If you look at the list of "approved bikes" there are not that many. However, there are plenty of bikes using the 215mm shocks on the market that are not on the list. How can you say then that you could take this shock from bike to bike, and all that was needed was re-valving? What happens if the new frame is not on the list and you do not have access to one, i.e. European brands? Is your statement correct then?

Yebo Numzaan
    and I think I read that if the #$%& gets (*!@ and you're in the boss mode....the blow off valve joins the party and its like full gas DH mode anyway? Eaish!
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    I do not think this is entirely correct. If you look at the list of "approved bikes" there are not that many. However, there are plenty of bikes using the 215mm shocks on the market that are not on the list. How can you say then that you could take this shock from bike to bike, and all that was needed was re-valving? What happens if the new frame is not on the list and you do not have access to one, i.e. European brands? Is your statement correct then?
    Yes, you are correct in that it has to be another application that we fit. We currently only have 28 completed applications but are adding all of the time....for instance we will be updating with 3 more this week.

With ELEVENSIX we're actually building shocks specific to each and every application. This means that the valves that we make and install into a Delirium are different than the valves we use in a Yeti SB6c shock. Not valving...we actually machine valves that are different and provide different flow rates. This approach, combined with the small size of our company mean that it takes a bit more time. That being said, we feel it's worth it!

Darren

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    if for e.g. I decided to switch it to a Delerium?
    So your thinking about getting a delirium
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    At time of order will we be providing riding weight so we get the correct weight spring? If that spring weight turns out to not be right can we send it back to swap out?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    GIVE THE WARDENc 3 PLATFORMS: tarmac, tech climb and balls to the ****ing wall descending. That's 2 climbs... 2nd can also be used for AM.
    And put a remote on the bars.

...wait a minute, you can only do that with Air. Patnership with Fox?

If its not fast as hell up the fireroads I'm out

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    GIVE THE WARDENc 3 PLATFORMS: tarmac, tech climb and balls to the ****ing wall descending. That's 2 climbs... 2nd can also be used for AM.

There's a lot of used CTD's on Ebay.

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post

Expecting a 6" travel AM bike to pedal up a fire road "fast as hell", is like ordering an fockin' ice cream cone and expecting to taste like a steak dinner too.

Maybe you should ask the bike to fry you some eggs while yer at it!

Yebo Numzaan
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Expecting a 6" travel AM bike to pedal up a fire road "fast as hell", is like ordering an fockin' ice cream cone and expecting to taste like a steak dinner too.

Maybe you should ask the bike to fry you some eggs while yer at it!
    haha classic....I wonder what you could cook up with that Di2 battery?
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Wouldn't the adjusable LSC give you whatever platform you want anyway?

BC
    mtbr member
    So many great rear coil shock options now while the fork industry is working backwards. I clipped a rock going down a chute endo'ed hard and cracked the lowers on my beloved VAN 36, enough for all the oil to pour out. So I start looking for a new fork, and looks like coil forks are dis-appearing :-(. I think I found the last new VAN 36 180 on ebay. Man it feels a great ! (compared to all the new air forks I've tried). Hey PUSH... there's a new market opportunity. Coil conversions for all the Air forks !.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BC View Post
    Hey PUSH... there's a new market opportunity. Coil conversions for all the Air forks !.
    Yes Please!!

mtbr member
    Hello.
    What about Chilcotin, Will be available a PUSH model? Is it warden model compatible with chilcotin?
    Next year I'm going to buy a Endo or a Warden, I don't know now, and I want to put a 180 Fork and a Coil shock in my chilcotin. I thought in a CCDB coil with CS but may PUSH will be a better option and more balanced to Climb/down

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    are the Push tuned Fox 36 forks going to be an OEM option now on the Warden?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    Wouldn't the adjusable LSC give you whatever platform you want anyway?
    Exactly, I'd say don't bother with a climb setting , spec with 2 performance (descending) type options because as mentioned just cranking the LSC (firmer)will give you a good enough climb mode. I have an Eleven 6 and will probably get Valve One changed from a climb mode to a flow, jump trail mode with the other valve still set for DH

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    so uh, no one brought up dusty's warden be alloy, having internal routing, a different flared seat tube, and the lower shock mount is different as well.

Current nomad/elevensix rider looking to switch to a warden, choosing between alloy or carbon. When are these changing going to see production?

mtbr member
    The black and blue bike pictured is the new Delirium, not a warden. I would like to see the 11/6 on more wardens. Interested in people's thoughts and noticed improvements over the air shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_beef_sundae View Post
    so uh, no one brought up dusty's warden be alloy, having internal routing, a different flared seat tube, and the lower shock mount is different as well.

Current nomad/elevensix rider looking to switch to a warden, choosing between alloy or carbon. When are these changing going to see production?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    The black and blue bike pictured is the new Delirium, not a warden. I would like to see the 11/6 on more wardens. Interested in people's thoughts and noticed improvements over the air shocks.
    well shit, glad you knew that. good looks. I can say that the 11/6 completely changed my nomad to an all around beast, that still pedals well, the sensitivity is unbelievable

mtbr member
    Why do you want to change Nomad with 11-6 to Warden?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by K@iser View Post
    Why do you want to change Nomad with 11-6 to Warden?
    Well, i cracked my stealth nomad, and i'm not super keen on the new colors, that's what got me thinking. Also, my 11/6 will transfer over. Before i got the nomad, i was on a 27.5 remedy, and shattered it, but i loved the nimble playful dart and dash type of riding (i grew up on bmx skatepark/street) I race full ESC/Triple crown enduro, but it's really just because it's fun but i live in coastal flat NJ. the push shock allows me to ride my nomad at home, but i always have to be "on it" must always dive into turned, really really pay attention to line choice on climbs, it can be tiring at times.

I think the nomad is a better balance of something i can race on, but enjoy more at home with the geo adjust that the nomad lacks. And with the 11/6 i'm sure i can have 95% of the descending performance i had, and can have a better climbing platform.

am i wrong?

Braaap
    There are a few Warden riders on the forum that are coming off of a Nomad, hopefully they can chime in for you!
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Few months ago I sold my Warden and now I'm riding Nomad with 11/6. I can agree with You about playful,nimble and fun. Nomad is like a tank, crushes almost every trail. Both bikes in matter of going down are very close in different way but they both are great mini dh bikes in their category. For me the biggest Nomad advantage is to how it climbs, in my opinion Warden is not even close...

I wasn't SC fan before I get the Nomad, to be honest I used to have three Knolly's and now I'm a little confused what bike should I buy next, I'd like to change my full DH bike, I thought about new Podium but know V10 is also an option.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by K@iser View Post
    Few months ago I sold my Warden and now I'm riding Nomad with 11/6. I can agree with You about playful,nimble and fun. Nomad is like a tank, crushes almost every trail. Both bikes in matter of going down are very close in different way but they both are great mini dh bikes in their category. For me the biggest Nomad advantage is to how it climbs, in my opinion Warden is not even close...

I wasn't SC fan before I get the Nomad, to be honest I used to have three Knolly's and now I'm a little confused what bike should I buy next, I'd like to change my full DH bike, I thought about new Podium but know V10 is also an option.
    What shock were you running on the warden, and what climbing characteristics are you referring to as the difference between both bikes. are you climbing tech? or fire roads? The nomad always makes in up, i just have to stay very very focused as the front likes to not change direction. traction is always there. with VPP i've been destroying chains a lot faster too.

mtbr member
    I had DBAir CS in Warden, the biggest difference is efficiency on long climbs like fire roads. Before I've tried Nomad with 11-6 I thought that 4x4 is the best suspension system for technical climbing and I was 100% that it this matter my swap to vPP will be a step back but today I can tell you it wasn't, it's even a bit better. I'd like to ride Warden with 11-6 shock and compare it.

Yebo Numzaan
    100% disagree. I thought the VPP performed better on fire roads but the Warden was hands down better on tech climbing Each to his own - probably influenced by riding technique / strengths and weaknesses.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    On Fire roads Nomad eats Warden during climb in every aspect. when we're talking about tech stuff it depends on speed, seating or standing etc. From my point of view only when you climb slowly very rough terrain Warden is better.

Yebo Numzaan
    We still disagree - but that's ok. I love technical climbing and the one big problem with the Warden is that I find I slip out less and clean more tech features that I get to stop / rest much less....so I get way more tired
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    On a long fireroad wouldn't you just reach down and flip the switch to climbmode? The body position is very similar between the two, the difference being the suspension is much more active on the warden.

Yebo Numzaan
    Ja - I do on smooth fire roads - in all honesty I still felt like the Nomad just climbed better. I sold it after 6 weeks because it didn't work out for me. I was slap bang between sizes and went with a Large. Even with a 30mm stem I felt like I couldn't get over the front wheel. Perhaps (who knows) - being more stretched out felt better on road climbs...Maybe carbon floats better uphill...I will be able to confirm 100% in a week or two
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zendo View Post
    On a long fireroad wouldn't you just reach down and flip the switch to climbmode? The body position is very similar between the two, the difference being the suspension is much more active on the warden.
    Right, and some people like that super active ground following feel, and some people prefer a stiffer more efficient feeling with less movement. Hence, the difference of opinion.