mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Which Knolly for 1-bike stable?

Yet another "which Knolly should I get" question. I live in North Van and do most of my riding on the North shore. I try to get up to Squamish a couple of times a month and I ride the bike park once a year. I'm a strong climber and I keep my wheels on the ground most of the time on the way down. I currently ride a Norco Range 26 with a Fox 36 160 mm fork. Great do-it-all bike. I really like the stiffness of the fork and 20mm axle and am not sure how a fork like the Fox 34 would compare. I would love to have an Endorphin for riding in Squamish but would probably enjoy the Chilli more for shore riding. The Range has a lot of overlap with the Chilli, and it might make sense to keep it and buy an Endo but I am planning on only buying a frame and swapping the parts over. Is anyone running a Fox 36 on their Endo? Any recommendations for me?

Thanks

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Chilcotin given what you described and given the swap of parts from Range to Knolly. .
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    There was another thread asking similar question last week or so, and the general consensus was go Chili.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Agreed. Chili all the way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I've got a Chilcotin and have a similar riding "style" by the sounds of it. Perfect on the shore (7th, leopard crinkum, king of the shore, upper/lower griffen is my typical route) Rode Squamish, and several spots on the island recently. Today went to the park WBP and I managed the technical trails well, not much of a flow guy......on top of the world was awesome on this thing.

You could transfer most of the parts easily. I'm using a fox 36 talas, 160. 160 is perfect on this thing. I'm on a large at 33 lbs with dropper. A fantastic bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Find a used Delirium.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I've got an Endo with a RS Lyrik at 160mm and love it. I ride the shore and even did a ride from Squamish to Whistler on the Sea to Sky trail this past weekend. Love this bike for all day epics to shorter rips closer to home.

Perpetual Hack
    I'm going to say Chilli as well. If you liked big air and chunk - Delirium.
    I use a Delirium for my everything bike (until this year when I picked up a Podium for DH)
    I live in Flatario - and the bike has been awesome, but it is way more bike than is needed.(even with two forks and two wheelsets for trail or DH)
    Its trail weight is about 35.5 lbs - but then again, I bought into the Delirum line when there was only the V-Tach and DT.

If I had to do a one only Knolly - then it would be Chilcotin.
    Myself, I'm looking at an Endo next year to match the Podium - then the Delirium???

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

mtbr member
    To answer your immediate question - I run a 160mm Marzocchi 55 on my Endorphin and love it. Burly forks with 20mm thru-axles make me happy, and the Endo feels built to rip with such a plow attached to the front. That said, it sounds like you actually want a Chili if you want a one-bike quiver that handles technical and nasty downs as well as some Canadian park riding. Chilis are not fast climbers, but they can climb techy stuff better than just about anything out there.

mtbr member
    Noting that you're strong climber,
    I believe the Chili is the answer for you,
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Thanks for the sound advice everyone. I am going for the Chilli with a CCDB Air. I will start saving my pennies for an Endo 650b when they become available.
    These two bikes would be a perfect stable for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i would agree with the others, from what you described the chilcotin would be the better choice for riding area/style... the endo with a 160 on is ok i run a 160 deville on my endo, but on some of the more techy trails in squamish and the shore you would soon find the endos limits, the chilli is defo more fun on the downs,