Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Knollician

Knollfest Phoenix 2013 - who's interested?

Knollfest 2012 was a smashing success and was the best few days I have spent on a bike with some of the best people imaginable. I have been thinking about doing this again here in the Valley Of The Sun during the winter months when others are dealing with crap weather. I have been getting contacted from those that could not attend last year. This year I would like to give people more time to prepare.

I would consider late November or December. This is peak riding weather and will allow us to be out all day and gives the option of multiple rides in a given day.

This year I would mix things up a bit, but it is dependent on the attendees. Goat Camp is a must, maybe a morning SOMO exploration followed by an afternoon of shuttling. Sedona has some great loops that would be worthy of our attention.

I would like to do the pre-ride breakfast, and after ride party at my place, I can probably put some people up, and if we get some good feedback I will look around at getting group rates at hotels to minimize costs.

Another option would be to hit Moab (probably October time frame)

So....who would be interested?

If you don't know what Knollfest is....check here Knollfest: The Complete Story
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Cry.....

In a return verse from Pink Floyed, 'Wish I Was There'

MC MasterShake
    Too early for me to commit but I'd certainly be interested. That's crap weather time in Boston.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak View Post
    Too early for me to commit but I'd certainly be interested. That's crap weather time in Boston.
    This is by no means a commitment, but I would like to know who would consider it so I can get an idea of who might attend.

mtbr member
    Cant commit for a month or so until work unravels its plans for me, but i would love to come to this event!

mtbr member
    tiSS'er is the best event planner evar!

I would definitely work this into my schedule. And a day trip to Sedona would be pretty cool, as long as we stay off Hangover.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    tiSS'er is the best event planner evar!

I would definitely work this into my schedule. And a day trip to Sedona would be pretty cool, as long as we stay off Hangover.
    Do you and Hangover have a history?

mtbr member
    That was an awesome good time last year (great riding, great people) and tiSS'er did a stellar job with planning/hosting. I would make it work into my schedule where ever and whenever we decide to do it.

Love, love, love Phoenix riding, and adding in a Sedona day and/or a Tucson Lemon Drop day would be amazing. There's also some really cool tech riding near the 50 year trail I've seen images of.

I would be all over a Moab location as well.

What about St. George/Hurricane? OTE is a Knolly dealer and would probably kick in for some involvement. If we go early enough we could even do a shuttle day at Brianhead.

There was talk of a North Van/Whistler location as well at one point. That would be tougher for a lot of people to swing, but I'd try hard to make that one as well if we decided to head North. That date would have to be earlier of course.
    Last edited by KRob; 05-03-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    That was on awesome good time last year (great riding, great people) and tiSS'er did a stellar job with planning/hosting. I would make it work into my schedule where ever and whenever you we decide to do it.

Love, love, love Phoenix riding, and adding in a Sedona day and/or a Tucson Lemon Drop day would be amazing. There's also some really cool tech riding near the 50 year trail I've seen images of.

I would be all over a Moab location as well.

What about St. George/Hurricane? OTE is a Knolly dealer and would probably kick in for some involvement. If we go early enough we could even do a shuttle day at Brianhead.

There was talk of a North Van/Whistler location as well at one point. That would be tougher for a lot of people to swing, but I'd try hard to make that one as well if we decided to head North. That date would have to be earlier of course.
    Kent, this certainly would be in addition to the Summerfest in the PNW. This would be a great opportunity for those to enjoy some great weather and riding during their normal down time. Hard to argue with 75 and sunny in December

TSC
    Buehliever
    I'm interested. Also, I would prefer a southern destination (PHX or SDX) as I don't think I will make it that far south without motivation. Besides, Nov. and early Dec. are usually crap for almost everything snow related.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

si vis pacem...
    Too early to commit but I'd definitely be interested in Moab in October or Phoenix/Sedona in Nov. December starts to get a little hectic but I'd try anyway. I can't speak for him 100% but I'd imagine the world famous VanGor would be up for this as well.....as long as there's not too much climbing.

mtbr member
    i'm definitely interested and that's enough advance time for me to make it happen. not 100% but probably 85%

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
    Too early to commit but I'd definitely be interested in Moab in October or Phoenix/Sedona in Nov. December starts to get a little hectic but I'd try anyway. I can't speak for him 100% but I'd imagine the world famous VanGor would be up for this as well.....as long as there's not too much climbing.
    Yeah.....well there is plenty of climbing around here. Shuttling at SOMO is not really enjoyable IMO, but it is a great way to cover the gamut of trails.

Knollician
    The reality is I would host a Phoenix session. I would like to add a day to the trip so we could get in the usual must do rides, but add in something like Old Lady Ames (bring your wallet, and health insurance) or Viejo. Holbert and Cochise are must dos, as is Goat Camp. A day in Sedona to rock Highline and High on the Hogs would be great. If you have never been here, this is a great time to come. Let me plan your trip, be your guide, and make sure you have a great time.

Knollfest 2012 was incredible, I'd love to have those who were here come back and meet new people.

Of course, if we were to have a get together in Moab I probably wouldn't say no

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Do you and Hangover have a history?
    I had a miserable cold that kicked in some vertigo. My bike and I had a wonderful hike.

The reality is I would host a Phoenix session. I would like to add a day to the trip so we could get in the usual must do rides, but add in something like Old Lady Ames (bring your wallet, and health insurance) or Viejo. Holbert and Cochise are must dos, as is Goat Camp. A day in Sedona to rock Highline and High on the Hogs would be great. If you have never been here, this is a great time to come. Let me plan your trip, be your guide, and make sure you have a great time.

Knollfest 2012 was incredible, I'd love to have those who were here come back and meet new people.

Of course, if we were to have a get together in Moab I probably wouldn't say no
    Highline and Hogs are awesome trails, would love to get some more riding on those two.

-cabra cadabra

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    I had a miserable cold that kicked in some vertigo. My bike and I had a wonderful hike.

Highline and Hogs are awesome trails, would love to get some more riding on those two.
    You have a score to settle with Cochise too....

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    I'm going to watch this thread and if I can, I would love to make it. My Endo loves the chunk.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm interested in joining in on this. Depends on work schedule, but I should be able to pull this off.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by CVrider View Post
    I'm interested in joining in on this. Depends on work schedule, but I should be able to pull this off.
    Great. I love seeing all the new faces. Bring the armor!!

Ich bin ein Knolliner
    I'm for sure interested! Had a blast at Knollfest 2012.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Cochise, isn't that the trail Calhoun rode one-handed just to show how easy it is?
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Cochise, isn't that the trail Calhoun rode one-handed just to show how easy it is?

This is the scene of the crime. It is pretty steep, blind, and a switchback.

IMG_0044

Then the dude rode Goat Camp with broken fingers...he deserves an award or something!

mtbr member
    not sure if its redemption or retribution...

-cabra cadabra

Knollician
    I think we need to have the Knollfest awards. Categories could include:

Best dressed
    Best (worst wreck)
    Biggest Pusscake
    Cleanest Goat Camp Run
    Noisiest bike

I need to check on getting some trophies/medals made for the 'Awards Ceremony"

mtbr member
    That would be awesome.

The biggest Pusscake award should be a dirty chamois.

-cabra cadabra

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast