Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Knollician

Knollfest 2013 - Final role call

Guys,

For those on the fence about attending this year's event, please let me know no later than the 31st of this month. I really need to get a final head count as I need to get the shuttles, dinners, catering, travel, transportation, and several other things finalized and scheduled. For those that have committed, please keep tabs on this thread as I will be putting out a summary of the info I have and may need some feedback.

Just over a month away
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's a no go for me. Just switched jobs and will be doing a lot of traveling these next couple of months. Hope another one gets scheduled for next year. Look forward to the ride report and pics

A

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    Sorry. the dates just don't work for me, as my wife leaves for Maine the day after I would get back. I'm bummed to miss this again. I'll be there in spirit.

mtbr member
    i'm out. wrecked my heel.

Knollician
    Here is who I have confirmed, please let me know if this is incorrect.

Staying with me (I'm full):

ebxtreme - arriving at 10:40 on Alaska
    RDH - arriving at 10:40 on Alaska - flying with bike
    Muttonchops - arriving at 6:00 on Delta
    rubybigdog - arriving at 10:00 on Air Toronto - flying with bike

For those staying with me, are you flying your bike or shipping it to me in advance?

Other accommodations:

Calhoun - Do you have a place to stay?
    TwoLions - with Calhoun
    Dusty - How many are you bringing with you?
    Silent Bob - Are you riding with Dusty?
    G-AIR - Are you riding with Dusty?
    tep - Are you riding with Dusty?
    pfarrell - has own accommodations

Our first ride will be Thursday is Sedona. I believe Dusty and crew will be meeting us there about noon. Calhoun, are you planning on meeting us there? Pete, will you be in town before heading up to Sedona? I could use some help with transportation if you are. If not, no worries, I just need to make other arrangements.

For those staying with me, I will send out an email to all of you getting your food and beer requests. For all others, please list out your drink of preference for the dinner Saturday night. I suspect we will grab something to eat in Sedona, Friday we will grab Los Dos Molinos for lunch, and Pinos (Italian/pizza) for dinner. Saturday we will have breakfast at my place before heading off to Goat Camp.

I need everyone's shirt size.

At this time, we are looking at about 20 people including locals. This is a great group! Thanks to all who are coming!
    Last edited by tiSS'er; 10-24-2013 at 10:28 AM.

mtbr member
    -Bike is flying with me
    -Stone, Ninkasi, Elysian Prometheus, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Modus Hoperandi, Avery IPA (basically, I only drink IPA's)
    -XL shirt

Let me know if there is anything you or your wife might want from Seattle.
    I really appreciate all the work you've put into this. I can't wait!
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hey Brandon,

thanks for all your hard work planning this. I am awful at planning anything but just to get this straight, folks will be flying in wed. december 4? I hope to be in the phoenix area by Monday the 2nd. I will gladly make any airport runs as needed and drive each day. Also my place has room for plenty of people to stay if needed.
    I am a large shirt but headed toward xl cause i have about 3 biking days in the last two months and don't plan on riding this month so you'll have to take it easy on me going up.
    cheers, pete

mtbr member
    Wow, I thought Mutton had said he was out.

I am in for sure and will be there for Thursday's Sedona ride. What time does that ride start? Just sent Pete a message, hopefully he's got room on his floor. Waiting for confirmation from Steve, but I think he will be flying in Friday evening.

Shirt size is L.

Whatever RDH is having to drink is bound to be good, so I'll have some of that.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post

I am in for sure and will be there for Thursday's Sedona ride. What time does that ride start? Just sent Pete a message, hopefully he's got room on his floor. Waiting for confirmation from Steve, but I think he will be flying in Friday evening.

Shirt size is L.

Right now I'm planning on a noon start or so. Dusty and crew are planning on an early departure Thursday morning and meeting us there. Plans will vary with Dusty's schedule.

I am open for ride suggestions in Sedona. So far we have discussed Highline and Hangover, or Highline and Hogs. The first option is a less time friendly, but more fun. Thoughts?

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    Hey Brandon,

thanks for all your hard work planning this. I am awful at planning anything but just to get this straight, folks will be flying in wed. december 4? I hope to be in the phoenix area by Monday the 2nd. I will gladly make any airport runs as needed and drive each day. Also my place has room for plenty of people to stay if needed.
    I am a large shirt but headed toward xl cause i have about 3 biking days in the last two months and don't plan on riding this month so you'll have to take it easy on me going up.
    cheers, pete
    Thanks Pete, you are a life saver. I have been stressing about getting people around, your help will be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Right now I'm planning on a noon start or so. Dusty and crew are planning on an early departure Thursday morning and meeting us there. Plans will vary with Dusty's schedule.

I am open for ride suggestions in Sedona. So far we have discussed Highline and Hangover, or Highline and Hogs. The first option is a less time friendly, but more fun. Thoughts?
    Nice, its about a 5hr drive for me so that'll be easy.

I had more fun on Highline and Hogs than Hangover. But I have only ridden there once and it was a couple years back. Is KRob making the Sedona ride? He seems to have a good grasp on what those trails are like.

-cabra cadabra

Yebo Numzaan
    Super stoked to make it back to the desert. Good to see some of the KF#1 crew making a similar return.

I like Ralphs list of beers...and some light (Pabst/High Life) beer is never a bad thing when thirsty post ride....or during a ride for that matter.

Totally willing and able to help drive and be useful after arriving Wed eve.

I intend buying a sh1tload of that Gunslinger hotsauce i bought last year...thats the real reason i am coming back.

Same shirt size as you tiSS'er
    I support EMBA

Knollician

I had more fun on Highline and Hogs than Hangover. But I have only ridden there once and it was a couple years back. Is KRob making the Sedona ride? He seems to have a good grasp on what those trails are like.
    Highline/Hogs is a great loop and we could do it as one continuous loop.

Knomer
    Hello everyone,

Finally back in front of the computer after a week in the desert, and some catch up time. Rampage was awesome, very scary this year, and I'm glad they didn't finish the 2nd heat. Our riders rode well, and more importantly remained healthy. Then I hit Moab with a friend and rode all the usual suspects: Half Enchilada(koko down), MAG 7(with portal), and Amassa-Ahab-Amassa-Rockstacker-Jacksons. Hero dirt on the Jacksons steeps made for my first clean run in about 3 years.

OK, Knollyfest:

I have not spoken to Silent Bob, Tepper, or G-Air, so I'll need to check status on them.

Demo bikes.... should I bring some? If yes, it becomes a slight logistical challenge since everyone listed above will bring their own bikes, so we'd have to take more than one car. Here is a list of what I can potentially bring, if demand actually exists:

Endorphins: 1 small, 2 mediums, 1 large, 1 XL

Chilcotin: 1 medium, 1 large, 1 XL

Podium(for shuttle day): 1 medium, 1 large

Warden: Yes, there is the possibility of ONE medium Warden at this event, but please don't fly across the country based solely upon this information. We will not have a sign up sheet for this demo bike, we will do 100m foot race challenges to see who rides it each half day. Start training and keep your hamstrings loose.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Knollician
    Amassa-Ahab-Amassa-Rockstacker-Jacksons, DAMN, never thought of that loop. We did Amasa-Pothole Arch-Rockstacker-Jacksons with the intentions of doing Amasa-Ahab before heading out Tuesday. Due to a mechanical with Javi, we were unable hit Ahab. Jacksons was in great shape, and we had a nice clean run as well. Even KoKo down was great and fast, the Chili was the absolutely right bike to ride. Mag7, BD, Portal for the first time, and it was great too.

As for demos, I'll leave that to you, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. On the selfish side, I would love to get Javi on a medium Chili for the weekend if it were possible.

Be sure to let me know your Sedona schedule.

I have shuttles set for Friday, I'm thinking 7 runs (7 hours)

2 runs down 24th street
    2 runs down Geronimo
    2 runs down Holbert
    1 run down Viejo

I think it would be fun to do each trail back to back so everyone gets a sighting lap, and then a ripping lap. I would hit them in order (24th street can get busy as the day goes on, so we would want to hit that early). I will also lead a Kiwanis/National/Holbert run in the morning before lunch if anyone is interested in some good tech climbing/sessioning

mtbr member

I'm in!

Shirt size is L.

I'm in--I just need to see if I'll be able to ride down with Calhoun on Thursday or fly on Friday, but I think that I should be able to make the Thursday ride.

I'm a size L, and I don't have any preference with regard to beverages.

Thanks for putting this shindig together, Brandon! Looking forward to it.

-Steve

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoLions View Post
    I'm in--I just need to see if I'll be able to ride down with Calhoun on Thursday or fly on Friday, but I think that I should be able to make the Thursday ride.

I'm a size L, and I don't have any preference with regard to beverages.

Thanks for putting this shindig together, Brandon! Looking forward to it.

-Steve
    Excellent!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Demo bikes.... should I bring some? If yes, it becomes a slight logistical challenge since everyone listed above will bring their own bikes, so we'd have to take more than one car. Here is a list of what I can potentially bring, if demand actually exists:
    I really wanted to demo an Endo, but the more I think about it I'd rather ride my Chilcotin.

-cabra cadabra

Knollician
    I really wanted to demo an Endo, but the more I think about it I'd rather ride my Chilcotin.
    I love my Endo, but some things are just best left to the Chili. I took your advise and took the Chili to Moab and couldn't have been happier. I would have still enjoyed the trip on the Endo, but I would have been beat up more for sure. No question most of the riding we will be doing will be Chili worthy!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I'll be arriving late Friday night (I'll stay in a motel nearby). I wear a large sized shirt and any non-alcoholic beverage will be good for me. Also, dibbs on the Warden.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    I'll be arriving late Friday night (I'll stay in a motel nearby). I wear a large sized shirt and any non-alcoholic beverage will be good for me. Also, dibbs on the Warden.
    Cool. Are you in for Saturday breakfast and dinner?

Just roll it......
    Me = medium shirt, IPA's and light beer (PBR, High Life, Rainier) for mid-ride hydration. I'll be shipping my bike the week before.

Thanks again Brandon!! Really looking forward to this trip.

EB

mtbr member
    I'm really excited to meet you boys and experience some desert chunk. As far as shirt size I am an XL shirt and have no real bevy preference.

Thanks again, super stoked on this trip!

Let me know if anyone wants anything from Toronto

Cheers

mtbr member

If I come I'll definitely make the Sedona ride (I'm now at 60-70 percent likely). There's a way to hook up all three if we want to get crazy. The Triple H is what they call it. Never done all three in a day and it might be impractical with a group of this size.

Like Brandon said, Hogs and Highline are pretty easy to link together in one ride, I think. Hate to miss Hangover though. Too bad Tomahawk and Damifino are gone. Add those on to a Hangover loop and you have one of my favorite rides anywhere.

I have done all three H rides a couple times each but was always with a local to show me around so I'm sure there's folks who have better knowledge about how to get there and what turns to take etc.

Maybe we could get the Sedona Trail Ambassador to take us on a tour. :0)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Warden: Yes, there is the possibility of ONE medium Warden at this event, but please don't fly across the country based solely upon this information. We will not have a sign up sheet for this demo bike, we will do 100m foot race challenges to see who rides it each half day. Start training and keep your hamstrings loose.
    I think it should be by seniority. Wait, I forgot there were like 3-4 guys older than me last year.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast