mtbr member

Kamloops Trip - Asking for trail tips, ride partners, advice..

I'll be in Kamploops May 27th through June 2nd with the family, but I'm bringing my 'Tach to see if I can get some riding in.

Are there any locals that would be willing to let me tag along on some rides? Of course I'd pay for beer and gas. Last resort will be to find a tour guide company, but I'd prefer to just hit some spots with locals.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    If you can make it out to Salmon Arm (about an hour and a quarter away), I can definitely help get you out on the trails. Those days don't line up all that well with my work schedule, though, so leaving town (i.e., me going to Kamloops) won't work for me unfortunately.

If you can find someone to shuttle you up Harper in Kamloops, that's some of my favourite riding pretty much anywhere, and practically designed with a V-Tach in mind. It's a little rough on the truck, though.

mtbr member
    I won't be able to drive far, since I've got the family with me, and can't leave them car-less for to long.

I've got Rosehill and Harper on my wish list right now. Looks like Friday or Saturday will be the days I'm riding, unless I hit the Kamloops Bike Ranch on Thursday.

Hopefully, I can find someone with a car, or I won't get much riding in.

mtbr member
    Just back from Kamloops and was able to hit Rio and Harper, and play a bit at the Bike Ranch!

I highly recommend Mostly Mental shuttles. He took me and 4 other local shredders up Harper mountain for some killer runs. Also, the gal at the Bicycle Cafe near Juniper Ridge was super friendly, and extremely helpful with guidance to the trails.

Here's a video of Rio/Rose Hill/Juniper Ridge (not sure which name is official). Warning, this a long, uninteresting video of the full 10 minute run down Rio. As a virgin, solo run, there isn't much excitement, because I couldn't exactly pin it, but it does show the whole trail for those interested.
    Kamloops - Juniper Ridge Mountain Biking - YouTube

and one of Harper. Again, this is a mash-up of two warm up runs, with a fair amount of wood work before my memory card filled up. It's only 4 minutes, and has toons. I did manage to find the corkscrew, which was cool.
    Freeriding on Harper - YouTube

mtbr member
    Manage to hit this, but didn't get a pic. This one is from PB, rider - Toby Cowley.

Just roll it......
    Yeah, Harper is super fun. It is a spider web of trails though so it's always good to have a local leading you down stuff!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I rode Harper last year and had a blast. I would definitely go back.