mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Kalloy Stems...Where to Buy?

Does anyone know of an online retailer that sells Kalloy stems?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Not sure if you misread the forum name, Knolly could appear like Kalloy... I doubt folks here would be putting Kalloys on Knollys but YMMV...

Anyway: http://www.kalloyuno.com/

Some bike shops usually carry their product be it seatposts, clamps or stems. Always a ton being sold on Ebay and I know JensonUSA, BikepartsUSA and PricePoint stock their items in some way, shape or form.

Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    I checked your other threads to find out what you really wanted. If you want to shorten your cockpit and raise your bars, the best way to do this is get a quality short stem (35-50mm or so) and a riser handlebar. Most riser bars are in the 0.75-1.5" inch range, although a few old school bars are 2-3 inches. You can also get BMX bars that are nice and high.

Most folks around here would not get exicited about a 19 dollar stem, and would worry about its longevity. There are many off the shelf stems that cost just 50 bucks more and are works of art that stir the soul. Examples are Thomson, Chromag, Race Face, Easton Haven. (and other drool worthy brands like Twenty6, Point1racing, etc). I so admired the worksmanship on my first Thomson Elite post that I put it on my nightstand until my frame arrived. You will not get anything like that with a Kalloy.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    I didn't realize anyone made stems other than Thomson

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I bought a Kalloy seat post years ago because it was light and cheap. I thought at 140 lbs it would surely be fine. That was until I landed a jump and my ass slammed down on the seat. It snapped in two, 2" above the seat clamp. So a jagged piece of remaining post just missed my sack. Lesson learned. Cheap and light is a bad idea.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw
    Not sure if you misread the forum name, Knolly could appear like Kalloy... I doubt folks here would be putting Kalloys on Knollys but YMMV...
    Yup, misread it. Sorry.