Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: jinxed myself

Yebo Numzaan

jinxed myself

crap....I just realized how badly i screwed myself last week... I guess i like playing with fate, so maybe this time i lost. In fact i definitely lost. Over the years I am probably losing quite bad now that i think about it.

my post last week

Best shock for the Endo?

Saturday - this happened after guinea pigging a new step down i had just built

Did not end well for the gonies

and this is the doctor who had just put 5 stitches in my nut sack. Cute and super gentle....not that it helped when it came to the injections.

Doctor

Waiting to hear back from the shop tomorrow how the frame / fork / bars survived. I will be amazed if the headtube / fork are ridable again and i dont think i want to ride the bars again.

Definitely one of the gnarliest crashes i have ever had including the ones i havent walked away from. Thanks to Noel for building a bad ass bike that got me through that encounter. SERIOUSLY! THANKS!

If the doc says no sex for a week...how many days of no riding is that? Five or Six?
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    As we used to say in rugby. don't rub em'. count em'.
    I've had stitches there from a bike 'event'. the anesthesia needles were second only to the concern for my 'parenting future'.

you seem to be taking it a hell of a lot better than I did. Fair play to you. mend well.

Knollician
    Dude...heal up. Sorry it had to turn out this way. I hope you feel better soon.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    If you get swelling like pictured below, please go see a doctor again.

Heal well.

mtbr member
    sucks dude, heal up!

mr. wonderful
    Did she tie 'em off while she was in the neighborhood?

Sorry about your adventure; It must be going around. I had a couple of sudden and unexpected get offs recently. I had forgotten how much it hurts.

mtbr member
    Glad you kept your sense of humor in all of this- funny story with the picture of the doctor, but man that stinks. Heal up in time for the trails to be moist and tacky! Hopefully the bike is okay!

mtbr member
    Heal up dude! I'm not active on the forum but I feel your pain - I separated my shoulder this past weekend in my own "gnarliest crash ever."

I'm sure you'll bounce back after you've recovered. Good luck!!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    crap....I just realized how badly i screwed myself last week... I guess i like playing with fate, so maybe this time i lost. In fact i definitely lost.
    Well, at least I can get my legend updates via the knolly forum.
    Nurse Lilly looks disturbed.....hopefully she didn't stitch up anything you need.
    Heal up bru!

mtbr member
    5 new badges in the nut sack?!
    Jeez, Heal up soon Bro!
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Yikes!
    I hope you heal up fast. and get riding again soon.

Next time you need stitches come to my clinic, I do pain free injections! (3 step process before you inject the lidocaine that most docs don't do because it takes time, or they simply don't know because they haven't injected themselves, lol)

So this means you are sitting out the Tiger MT Enduro? Sweet, means no one I know will witness me taking last place.

Heal up soon!!!
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, South Africa

Yebo Numzaan
    Ha ha. Thats some funny sh1t.

@kark - I am from South Africa, good to hear from another rugby player.
    @tweasol - heal up dude. Hang in there.

Thx for the healing vibes - it really wasn't a big deal hence my sense of humor. I feel totally fine and if anything stops me riding this weekend it will be the stiffness in my lower back.

The whole hospital experience was pretty funny from the moment i explained to the two young female nurses who first attended me that, "I had a cut in my ballsack". Their eyes popped open and the three of us took a first look before i had even gotten into a gown. They called in a third nurse (with a fair amount of excitement going down) and this nurse was a little more confident so she pulled on a pair of gloves and opened the wound up and thats when I got to see my right ball. That was cool to see ...and not cool. Then they called the doctor - Lilly, who was super nice and we cracked offbeat jokes the whole time at my expense.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Wow, what a story Dave. Glad to hear you're doing ok.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    jeebus, heal up man!

mtbr member
    I hope you feel better soon.

Don't listen to what the doctor's say about staying off the bike. I rode a few days after a vasectomy and sure there was some pain and bleeding, but that's not going to kill you right?

Got any pix of the whole bike?
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    f.ckn Dave!

Sounds like you got to ride your bike and at least three chicks checked out your junk! What a day!
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Got any pix of the whole bike?
    ...and a pic or 2 of the step down that generated that much damage to your bike. Balls can get damaged easily*, but bike trauma like that takes some serious force!

* "...the man who played Mr. Belvedere once sat on his own balls and had to be rushed to the hospital, which is absolutely hilarious." --Stewie Griffin speaking at Harvard (Something funny to heal by IF you like Seth MacFarlane: Seth Macfarlane's Complete Harvard Class Day Speech - YouTube.)
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

Just roll it......
    Just another day in the life of Muttonchops.

As I told him, we're too old to be guinea pigging big jumps. That's the the lil' whipper snappers are for!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Damn dude, heal up!

Delirious Tuck
    As an ex-number 8, focus on the line and ruck over sir! (had my fair share or nasties playing in China, NZ, and US... got lucky with a dislocated hip as I've heard sometimes on the "reset" hip and femur ball can attract unlucky occupants...)

As a mountain biker, deep breath, heal fast, and keep taking chances.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post
    ...we're too old to be guinea pigging big jumps. That's the the lil' whipper snappers are for!
    I'b never heard a more apropos use of the term "whipper snappers". It works on so many levels!
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear...But a fun story. What exactly happened?
    Last edited by mayha; 09-26-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Yebo Numzaan
    I did a rides with a 16 (?) yr old kid they called "the probe"..it was pretty classic.

First ride i did - we stopped at the top of a techy run in to what was obviously a gap. The group discussed what we could see and then someone said, "lets send in the probe"

The kid dropped in blind...bombed the run in - hit the jump and then pushed back up to where we could see him and shouted back up to the crew and provided feedback on speed etc....pretty classic.
    I support EMBA

Yebo Numzaan
    The bike survived good. I should have known.

the diagnosis -
    - broke the 'horse shoe' suspension linkage that connects the shock activator to the seat stay
    - pulled the top cap screw through the top cap and pulled the star nut up

I dont know which of those caused the crack sound as i hit.

Dusty done already taken care of me. Again...what fantastic support. Thanks a million.

In terms of what happened...i simply didn't get to the tranny. It isnt a particularly big gap (10 - 12' out and about 4 - 5' down). The entrance is tricky..its a pretty rough trail coming in with moves between trees - and much more complicated when you trying to carry speed. There had previously been an elevated ladder with a big drop to a tranny...but the ladder was decommissioned and the ride around is not fun - so i decided to make use of the tranny in some way.

I had to fill a massive hole (below where the ladder had been) with rocks...(a little deeper than a 6 foot truck bed) and then layer dirt on top - this took all day and so i was tired and should have come back another day to hit it...but really wanted to give it a go and finish the day off on a high note (i did that alright). The dirt hadn't packed in and so although it looked smooth...i was losing speed the whole way in over the rocks...and finally...it needed a bit of lip which was hard to build into the design since it was already a flat entrance. So together with pedaling in...i didn't get any loft and felt like i left the lip and my front wheel was diving the whole time. I had quite a bit of speed but no elevation and just plowed straight into the back of the tranny.

Its all good. I think my ball sack is just a weak part of my body. I just missed out when God was handing out the Kevlar scrotums.
    Last edited by Muttonchops; 09-27-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    The bike survived good. I should have known.

the diagnosis -
    - broke the 'horse shoe' suspension linkage that connects the shock activator to the seat side.
    - pulled the top cap screw through the top cap and pulled the star nut up

I dont know which of those caused the crack sound as i hit.

Dusty done already taken care of me. Again...what fantastic support. Thanks a million.

In terms of what happened...i simply didn't get to the tranny. It isnt a particularly big gap (10 - 12' out and about 4 - 5' down). The entrance is tricky..its a pretty rough trail coming in with moves between trees - and much more complicated when you trying to carry speed. There had previously been an elevated ladder with a big drop to a tranny...but the ladder was decommissioned and the ride around is not fun - so i decided to make use of the tranny in some way.

I had to fill a massive hole (below where the ladder had been) with rocks...(a little deeper than a 6 foot truck bed) and then layer dirt on top - this took all day and so i was tired and should have come back another day to hit it...but really wanted to give it a go and finish the day off on a high note (i did that alright). The dirt hadn't packed in and so although it looked smooth...i was losing speed the whole way in over the rocks...and finally...it needed a bit of lip which was hard to build into the design since it was already a flat entrance. So together with pedaling in...i didn't get any loft and felt like i left the lip and my front wheel was diving the whole time. I had quite a bit of speed but no elevation and just plowed straight into the back of the tranny.

Its all good. I think my ball sack is just a weak part of my body. I just missed out when God was handing out the Kevlar scrotums.
    Solid description. Sounded painful. I ripped my ball sack last year as well. Borderline on stitches and went without...Just scarred over. You'll have to go tweak the lip and hit it again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast