Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

In the interest of full disclosure......

I no longer own a Knolly. And that makes me sad.

Any updates on my Team Orange, next batch Chili, Kevin? Still looking at March?

Perpetual Hack
    HEATHEN - BURN THE SINNER!!!!!!!!!!

er, ah, sorry, don't know where that came from....

...where did the dt go? (full or frame?)

If frame, you doing a full swap or got somethin up yer sleeve for the Chili ?

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    HEATHEN - BURN THE SINNER!!!!!!!!!!

er, ah, sorry, don't know where that came from....

...where did the dt go? (full or frame?)

If frame, you doing a full swap or got somethin up yer sleeve for the Chili ?

michael
    I know, right? Should I even be allowed to post here anymore? Maybe we should see if I float first before the burning at the stake.

Sold the DT as complete (other than the dropper post and the Avy'd DHX which I sold separately). Parted out the 5 Spot (frame just got shipped out today to its new owner). Chili will be a completely new build. I sold off all my parts for both bikes and am (essentially) bikeless now.

Won't be too happy if I'm still bikeless come Spring though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I know, right? Should I even be allowed to post here anymore? Maybe we should see if I float first before the burning at the stake.

Sold the DT as complete (other than the dropper post and the Avy'd DHX which I sold separately). Parted out the 5 Spot (frame just got shipped out today to its new owner). Chili will be a completely new build. I sold off all my parts for both bikes and am (essentially) bikeless now.

Won't be too happy if I'm still bikeless come Spring though.
    I have a Chili sitting here in the cold/snow of Squamish doing nothing while I am skiing.........

I feel for ya - honest - I have been bikeless a few times while waiting for a new Knolly - as you know it is always worth the wait.

mtbr member
    I don't think I could go bikeless - ever. Very impressive Krob. Can't you get a different color now and just repaint down the road?

Waiting for a bike or bike parts doesn't bring out the best in me, so I need something to focus on. Though my biking patience has improved over the years but not to the point of normalcy. I only know one person who is neurotic as me when it comes to this....
    Last edited by Dude!; 01-22-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Knollician
    If I said I know how you feel....I'd be lyin'

"Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    If I said I know how you feel....I'd be lyin'
    Sure. Go ahead and rub it in. That's just cruel. Next you'll be showing be some ride pics in dry, warm, chunky conditions just to add salt.

It would be hurtful enough if that were your whole stable..... but I've seen your garage.
    Last edited by KRob; 01-23-2013 at 05:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    I don't think I could go bikeless - ever. Very impressive Krob. .
    Well it does help that my area looks like this and there's nowhere to ride and my doctor told me I was going to have to avoid riding for the next two months (seems excessive) anyway....

I guess it's not fair to the old trusty HH100x and the KTM to say I'm "bikeless".... but yeah, it's tough.
    SAM_0270
    Last edited by KRob; 01-24-2013 at 12:18 AM.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Did you sell your 2009 Marz 55; or are you going to have Craig give it new life and use it for your Chili?
    Last edited by TSC; 01-23-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I ended up getting a raw and with the intention of having it powder coated later. That was back in the end of october. The eta at that time was december. Hope u get to ride soon

mtbr member
    Well it does help that my area looks like this and there's nowhere to ride and my doctor told me I was going to have to avoid riding for the next two months (seems excessive) anyway....

I guess it's not fair to the old trusty HH100x to say I'm "bikeless".... but yeah, it's tough.
    SAM_0270
    great view - time for Knolly to make 4x4 fat bike for these conditions!

mtbr member
    I sold my DT this weekend as well. For a soft market it went quick... I only had it on Pinkbike for a week. It worked out though....My day glow Chili came in on Friday and sold the DT on Saturday!

I hear knitting is good way to pass the time.....especially if you are bikeless in the spring.

mtbr member

I know who that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    I only know one person who is neurotic as me when it comes to this....
    I remember when a certain guy that we all get parts from told me that he was tired of having to overnight parts to this guy the second they came into his shop. But I wont mention that person.

mtbr member

I've got a similar view..

my doctor told me I was going to have to avoid riding for the next two months (seems excessive) anyway....
    I'm Knolly-less as well with no planned replacement, kinda feels weird. Everything OK on the medical front Krob?

mtbr member
    Bummer KRob, hopefully there will be some decent Knolly pron posted to keep you occupied
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Everything OK on the medical front Krob?
    Yeah, just scheduled for a minor elective procedure on the boys this Friday.

mtbr member
    Brave man! I've been putting that one off for the time being.
    TG

mtbr member
    Worst post of the day...I am meeting the DR in the morning to discuss the same "minor elective procedure". Guess I will have to ask how long off the bike. I was thinking a week or two not two months!

mtbr member
    Ouch..had that done a while back. Really not that bad, just make sure you sit on the couch for at least 2 days with ice on it. Don't think you are feeling good and decide to go do something physical, you will end up with boys the size of grapefruits.

RideDirt
    Wow good thing i didnt wait out for the orange lol , was told end of October, then end of the year, now i guess you guys have to wait till March ? :/

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    I no longer own a Knolly. And that makes me sad.

Any updates on my Team Orange, next batch Chili, Kevin? Still looking at March?
    How will you maintain e-penis street cred?

Edit - I just saw the reason why... Guess you don't need to worry about the boys too much
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Worst post of the day...I am meeting the DR in the morning to discuss the same "minor elective procedure". Guess I will have to ask how long off the bike. I was thinking a week or two not two months!
    the first surgery isn't so bad. the 2nd one after the unexpected 4th kid is much more painful. the surgeon decides he needs to help the separation of the vas a little bit with some tugging and it's not the good kind

mtbr member
    I rode my bike [on the street] 5 days later and it was okay. 2 weeks and I could mountain bike....
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

si vis pacem...
    I won't even tell you what happened to me when I had it done. Lets just say that was the last time - ever - someone is getting anywhere near my nuts with a knife.

As far as the waiting goes, I've been there (recently - waiting for Podiums last year) and even though it's cliche the wait really is worth it. Those team orange frames are going to be beyond sick.

Speedy recovery bud.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Did you sell your 2009 Marz 55; or are you going to have Craig give it new life and use it for your Chili?
    Yes, Craig has the '09 for measuring etc (although I haven't heard anything from him). I sold the 2011 RC3 that was on the Turner.

I'm debating whether to spring for the AVY cartridge and use it for the Chili. It would need more than a cartridge though. The bushings are sloppy and it leaks a bit at the compression knob on the lower fork leg... and of course it's starting to look kinda beat up.

The new Chili deserves better. Had I not sold the 2011 before hearing about the 55 AVY cartridges I might've held onto it for the new build though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast