Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 54
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225

    In the interest of full disclosure......

    I no longer own a Knolly. And that makes me sad.

    Any updates on my Team Orange, next batch Chili, Kevin? Still looking at March?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  2. #2
    Perpetual Hack
    Reputation: mykel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,976
    HEATHEN - BURN THE SINNER!!!!!!!!!!



    er, ah, sorry, don't know where that came from....


    ...where did the dt go? (full or frame?)

    If frame, you doing a full swap or got somethin up yer sleeve for the Chili ?

    michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    HEATHEN - BURN THE SINNER!!!!!!!!!!



    er, ah, sorry, don't know where that came from....


    ...where did the dt go? (full or frame?)

    If frame, you doing a full swap or got somethin up yer sleeve for the Chili ?

    michael
    I know, right? Should I even be allowed to post here anymore? Maybe we should see if I float first before the burning at the stake.

    Sold the DT as complete (other than the dropper post and the Avy'd DHX which I sold separately). Parted out the 5 Spot (frame just got shipped out today to its new owner). Chili will be a completely new build. I sold off all my parts for both bikes and am (essentially) bikeless now.

    Won't be too happy if I'm still bikeless come Spring though.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 006_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,771
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I know, right? Should I even be allowed to post here anymore? Maybe we should see if I float first before the burning at the stake.

    Sold the DT as complete (other than the dropper post and the Avy'd DHX which I sold separately). Parted out the 5 Spot (frame just got shipped out today to its new owner). Chili will be a completely new build. I sold off all my parts for both bikes and am (essentially) bikeless now.

    Won't be too happy if I'm still bikeless come Spring though.
    I have a Chili sitting here in the cold/snow of Squamish doing nothing while I am skiing.........

    I feel for ya - honest - I have been bikeless a few times while waiting for a new Knolly - as you know it is always worth the wait.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,849
    I don't think I could go bikeless - ever. Very impressive Krob. Can't you get a different color now and just repaint down the road?

    Waiting for a bike or bike parts doesn't bring out the best in me, so I need something to focus on. Though my biking patience has improved over the years but not to the point of normalcy. I only know one person who is neurotic as me when it comes to this....
    Last edited by Dude!; 01-22-2013 at 08:57 PM.

  6. #6
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,429
    If I said I know how you feel....I'd be lyin'

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tisser/8351836100/" title=". by tiSS'er, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8221/8351836100_0eab74654a_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="."></a>
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    If I said I know how you feel....I'd be lyin'
    Sure. Go ahead and rub it in. That's just cruel. Next you'll be showing be some ride pics in dry, warm, chunky conditions just to add salt.

    It would be hurtful enough if that were your whole stable..... but I've seen your garage.
    Last edited by KRob; 01-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    I don't think I could go bikeless - ever. Very impressive Krob. .
    Well it does help that my area looks like this and there's nowhere to ride and my doctor told me I was going to have to avoid riding for the next two months (seems excessive) anyway....

    I guess it's not fair to the old trusty HH100x and the KTM to say I'm "bikeless".... but yeah, it's tough.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/19516547@N04/8385031025/" title="SAM_0270 by kentsaundra, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8367/8385031025_fee766ec7b_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="SAM_0270"></a>
    Last edited by KRob; 01-23-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  9. #9
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Did you sell your 2009 Marz 55; or are you going to have Craig give it new life and use it for your Chili?
    Last edited by TSC; 01-23-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    23
    I ended up getting a raw and with the intention of having it powder coated later. That was back in the end of october. The eta at that time was december. Hope u get to ride soon

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Well it does help that my area looks like this and there's nowhere to ride and my doctor told me I was going to have to avoid riding for the next two months (seems excessive) anyway....

    I guess it's not fair to the old trusty HH100x to say I'm "bikeless".... but yeah, it's tough.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/19516547@N04/8385031025/" title="SAM_0270 by kentsaundra, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8367/8385031025_fee766ec7b_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="SAM_0270"></a>
    great view - time for Knolly to make 4x4 fat bike for these conditions!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: string's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,551
    I sold my DT this weekend as well. For a soft market it went quick... I only had it on Pinkbike for a week. It worked out though....My day glow Chili came in on Friday and sold the DT on Saturday!

    I hear knitting is good way to pass the time.....especially if you are bikeless in the spring.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352

    I know who that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    I only know one person who is neurotic as me when it comes to this....
    I remember when a certain guy that we all get parts from told me that he was tired of having to overnight parts to this guy the second they came into his shop. But I wont mention that person.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352

    I've got a similar view..

    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    my doctor told me I was going to have to avoid riding for the next two months (seems excessive) anyway....
    I'm Knolly-less as well with no planned replacement, kinda feels weird. Everything OK on the medical front Krob?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,973
    Bummer KRob, hopefully there will be some decent Knolly pron posted to keep you occupied
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Everything OK on the medical front Krob?
    Yeah, just scheduled for a minor elective procedure on the boys this Friday.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G-AIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Yeah, just scheduled for a minor elective procedure on the boys this Friday.
    Brave man! I've been putting that one off for the time being.
    TG

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: string's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Yeah, just scheduled for a minor elective procedure on the boys this Friday.
    Worst post of the day...I am meeting the DR in the morning to discuss the same "minor elective procedure". Guess I will have to ask how long off the bike. I was thinking a week or two not two months!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352
    Ouch..had that done a while back. Really not that bad, just make sure you sit on the couch for at least 2 days with ice on it. Don't think you are feeling good and decide to go do something physical, you will end up with boys the size of grapefruits.

  20. #20
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Wow good thing i didnt wait out for the orange lol , was told end of October, then end of the year, now i guess you guys have to wait till March ? :/

  21. #21
    North Van/Whistler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,610
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I no longer own a Knolly. And that makes me sad.

    Any updates on my Team Orange, next batch Chili, Kevin? Still looking at March?
    How will you maintain e-penis street cred?

    Edit - I just saw the reason why... Guess you don't need to worry about the boys too much
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Worst post of the day...I am meeting the DR in the morning to discuss the same "minor elective procedure". Guess I will have to ask how long off the bike. I was thinking a week or two not two months!
    the first surgery isn't so bad. the 2nd one after the unexpected 4th kid is much more painful. the surgeon decides he needs to help the separation of the vas a little bit with some tugging and it's not the good kind

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,641
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Yeah, just scheduled for a minor elective procedure on the boys this Friday.
    I rode my bike [on the street] 5 days later and it was okay. 2 weeks and I could mountain bike....
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  24. #24
    si vis pacem...
    Reputation: Parabellum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    155
    I won't even tell you what happened to me when I had it done. Lets just say that was the last time - ever - someone is getting anywhere near my nuts with a knife.

    As far as the waiting goes, I've been there (recently - waiting for Podiums last year) and even though it's cliche the wait really is worth it. Those team orange frames are going to be beyond sick.

    Speedy recovery bud.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Did you sell your 2009 Marz 55; or are you going to have Craig give it new life and use it for your Chili?
    Yes, Craig has the '09 for measuring etc (although I haven't heard anything from him). I sold the 2011 RC3 that was on the Turner.

    I'm debating whether to spring for the AVY cartridge and use it for the Chili. It would need more than a cartridge though. The bushings are sloppy and it leaks a bit at the compression knob on the lower fork leg... and of course it's starting to look kinda beat up.

    The new Chili deserves better. Had I not sold the 2011 before hearing about the 55 AVY cartridges I might've held onto it for the new build though.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sleevem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    252
    Yeah man, when I got mine done I thought I was out of the game for weeks but I was playing sports a week later. Although it might be wise to lay off the twenty to thirty foot drops for a few weeks.
    PS. I could mail you the special support system for the boyz the doc recommended. I only wore them for like five or six soccer games.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    Brave man! I've been putting that one off for the time being.
    TG
    Brave would be having another child at 51. This should be a cinch by comparison.





    Although, I'd be lyin' if I said I wasn't a wee bit nervous.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude!
    ... time for Knolly to make 4x4 fat bike for these conditions!
    Every winter about this time I threaten to buy a fat bike. My buddy got one recently and I'm going to have to borrow it to see what all the fuss is about. See if it really works any better on the snow than my regular tires.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  29. #29
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    When your kids ask you, "We weren't that bad, were we?" you can just show them your scar. (I hope you think that is as funny as I do.)

    This thread has is making me light-headed--like pedaling uphill, only less enjoyable.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    261
    look, i like you guys and all but htis **** has crossed the line. i respect your and appreciate your personal lifes but ouch, im drunk and you all talking about a knife to the nuts is a serious buzz kill! i ain't got no damn kids because if i did there would be no way in hell i could afford a knolly. I'd be on a 38 lbs Kona telling you all that it was nuts to pay more than 1200 bucks for a bike. you *****es be trippin! so glad i'm not that guy..... I am sure kids are great and all, but my motto has always been that kids are great as long as they're someone else's, i got knolly to buy! .... seriously mean no disrespect to any of you, i am just drunk and trying to lighten the tread. i have mad respect for any of you trying to raise a child in this world. best of luck

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Every winter about this time I threaten to buy a fat bike. My buddy got one recently and I'm going to have to borrow it to see what all the fuss is about. See if it really works any better on the snow than my regular tires.
    Fat bikes are just stupid fun in the snow. And a crazy amount of grip. Take a spin on one if you get a chance.

    And good luck with that other thing
    Taiwan could probably TIG weld a ham sandwich to a dictionary these days, but its been a while since they were doing brazing.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Guess I will have to ask how long off the bike. I was thinking a week or two not two months!
    Yeah, based on the responses in that other thread that's what I was thinking too. Imagine my surprise when he said three months when I asked him how long off the bike.

    He must 've noticed the look of shock and horror on my face when he said that because he quickly ammended it to two months..... but sitll, that's crazy talk there.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
    How will you maintain e-penis street cred?
    When I start dropping those 30 foot step-down gaps on my 11-year-old HH100x with my nutsack the size of grapefruits, I'll have plenty of e-cred.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    look, i like you guys and all but htis **** has crossed the line. i respect your and appreciate your personal lifes but ouch, im drunk and you all talking about a knife to the nuts is a serious buzz kill! i ain't got no damn kids because if i did there would be no way in hell i could afford a knolly. I'd be on a 38 lbs Kona telling you all that it was nuts to pay more than 1200 bucks for a bike. you *****es be trippin! so glad i'm not that guy..... I am sure kids are great and all, but my motto has always been that kids are great as long as they're someone else's, i got knolly to buy! .... seriously mean no disrespect to any of you, i am just drunk and trying to lighten the tread. i have mad respect for any of you trying to raise a child in this world. best of luck
    I think you missed the point Pete. We're trying to avoid having (more) kids by taking a knife to our nuts. We're with you on this one. Now go back to your whiskey.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  35. #35
    mr. wonderful
    Reputation: dirtbag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    879
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In the interest of full disclosure......-vas.jpg  


  36. #36
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    You look like a hairy teenager after hot date with a prude.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    you should be calling the wife and saying "dinner is ready"

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,641
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Although, I'd be lyin' if I said I wasn't a wee bit nervous.
    The worst part is the smell of burning flesh when the cauterize your sperm tubes....

    Screw the doctor - ride your bike as soon as you can sit on the saddle and not wince...
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    95
    stumbled in here looking for info on endorphins and possible delivery times.

    now I just want to curl up in a corner and cry. worst thread ever.

    serious. I can accept all manner of internet demonstration of how tough a fella is, but this is over the top.

  40. #40
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by kark View Post
    stumbled in here looking for info on endorphins and possible delivery times.
    We have full stock on Endorphins. Call your local shop and order up!
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: string's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Yeah, based on the responses in that other thread that's what I was thinking too. Imagine my surprise when he said three months when I asked him how long off the bike.

    He must 've noticed the look of shock and horror on my face when he said that because he quickly ammended it to two months..... but sitll, that's crazy talk there.
    Saw my Dr. for the same "minor elective procedure" yesterday. He said at least a week most likely two off the bike. Just listen to my body. If it hurts don't do it.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    We have full stock on Endorphins. Call your local shop and order up!
    Fantastic news. Already on it! had the LBS send an email last week but hadn't heard back yet so am happy to get your info.

    Thanks Mr Bottoms!

  43. #43
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by kark View Post
    Fantastic news. Already on it! had the LBS send an email last week but hadn't heard back yet so am happy to get your info.

    Thanks Mr Bottoms!
    Tell me your frame size and tell you what colors are available. Are you in the USA?
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    We have full stock on Endorphins. Call your local shop and order up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Tell me your frame size and tell you what colors are available. Are you in the USA?
    Nope, Canadian. Ottawa, and deal with Phat Moose cycles so that may change things a bit. Looking for a medium tho.

  45. #45
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by kark View Post
    Nope, Canadian. Ottawa, and deal with Phat Moose cycles so that may change things a bit. Looking for a medium tho.
    In Canada, medium, we have: raw, blue, flo yellow.

    Sorry for the derail everyone.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  46. #46
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Sorry for the derail everyone.
    I'm not! This thread shows that Knolly riders are a family; and, like a family, you often get TMI!!!

    Of course, the question is: "Why do I keep opening this thread?"

    I implore you all to start posting some bike porn so this thread isn't the highlight of Knolly forum.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    In Canada, medium, we have: raw, blue, flo yellow.

    Sorry for the derail everyone.
    Brilliant news! Thanks very much for the very fast response!

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MartinS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,495
    Just a pick for Krob to show that a Knolly can be complemented by a fat bike very well.
    And to get the focus away from something I still need to have done and don't want to think about.....


    In the interest of full disclosure......-dsc_0376.jpg
    Last edited by MartinS; 01-25-2013 at 02:22 PM.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,225
    Quote Originally Posted by butchogkoy View Post
    I ended up getting a raw and with the intention of having it powder coated later. That was back in the end of october. The eta at that time was december. Hope u get to ride soon
    Yeah, raw is my second choice and they are in stock now so if things drag out too long for the team orange I may cave .......but for now I can't ride anyway so will hold out.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sleevem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by kark View Post
    Nope, Canadian. Ottawa, and deal with Phat Moose cycles so that may change things a bit. Looking for a medium tho.
    Hey kark, I from Ottawa and bought mine from Vangor44. Got the bike in a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •