mtbr member

I need a rear shock for Gen 2 Podium

Well folks my CCDBA has given up the ghost. Came up to Whistler for the long weekend and started having shock issues, then measured a 40psi loss in just one run. I have a loaner shock for the next 2 days (thanks to the awesome hookup at Fanatykco.com). However, the NWCUP race FINALS is next weekend (I am in 3rd place overall) This gives me like 3 days to get a shock. Options including buying one new, finding a used one to buy, getting another loaner for the race (Cane Creek should warranty the shock), or lastly, riding my Chilcotin.

I wonder how the Chilcotin would do in a DH race (I have a Zoke 66 for the front, if needed...or Fox 40!!!!)

I wonder if I could pull the shock off the DT...

any other ideas?
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

Perpetual Hack
    DT shock is the wrong size.
    Too bad I'm too far away (Flatario) and leaving the country (Cuba - Vacation whilst the broken ribs heal) as I have a CCDB coil I won't be using for a couple of weeks....
    Chilli would not be quite enough to be competitive, but would probably still be a blast (I know the Delirium is fun on the DH, but nowhere near as fast as the P)
    Hopefully somebody a bit more local can step up.

Good luck on the search / decision.

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I think arranging buying used from the east coast would too risky to get it here by Friday. I am hoping someone in BC or WA will have a shock. If I do have to buy a new shock, I am not sure what I would get, probably another CCDBA, but maybe a different shock would be good to have for comparison.

You know, something just occurred to me. I have no idea what spring rate I would need for the Podium, since I have the CCDBA on both my bikes. I used a #450 on the DT, and currently weigh 210-220 RTR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    Thanks guys. I think arranging buying used from the east coast would too risky to get it here by Friday. I am hoping someone in BC or WA will have a shock. If I do have to buy a new shock, I am not sure what I would get, probably another CCDBA, but maybe a different shock would be good to have for comparison.

You know, something just occurred to me. I have no idea what spring rate I would need for the Podium, since I have the CCDBA on both my bikes. I used a #450 on the DT, and currently weigh 210-220 RTR.
    I'm running a 400 spring on my Podium and I'm 180 riding weight. They have the weights on Knolly's website as well. Good luck and keep kicking A$$!

mtbr member
    If you pay for shipping, you can borrow my Vivid Air so that you can buy the correct shock for the Podium. PM me if interested.

mtbr member
    Just wanted to give some props to Knollybikes and Cavan@knolly (Skinnies) in particular. While I was in Whistler, he offered to pull the shock off his own personal bike and loan it to me for the long weekend. Then, since I was racing NWCUP the next weekend (too soon for a warranty from Cane Creek) he shipped a shock via FedEx down to Seattle in time for the race.

Ever since I met Noel many years ago, I had a feeling about him and this company. As soon as I was able to afford one, I got a Delirium-T. More recently I have been able to add the Chilcotin and Podium to my perfect 'stable' of Knolly bikes. I have no desire to even look at other bikes considering how well I have been taken care of, and how great the products are.

In the NWCUP finals, I was 0.06 seconds ahead of the next rider. 100% chance I got those fractions of a second from the confidence and capability of the Podium I was riding. And it allowed me to exceed my goal in the overall results as well:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I need a rear shock for Gen 2 Podium-wp_000678.jpg  

mtbr member
    Congrats. Glad to hear.

mtbr member
    congrats. great result all around

mtbr member
    Congrats, that's awesome.

Edit: I should add I've met Noel and Kevin, and talked to Cavan more than a few times. All really great guys and willing to go the extra mile to help out.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

Delirious Tuck
    Way to go Ralph!