Thread: Holy moly!

mtbr member

Holy moly!

I just swapped out the Rocco TST from my Endorphin to a Cane Creek Double Barrel.

So far it's just been ridden to and from work, but wow what a difference!

Pass the Kool Aid, I'm THIRSTY!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorien
    I just swapped out the Rocco TST from my Endorphin to a Cane Creek Double Barrel.

So far it's just been ridden to and from work, but wow what a difference!

Pass the Kool Aid, I'm THIRSTY!!!
    i was lucky to be able to use one for about 6 months before i had to return it. i'm always amazed to hear anybody not rave about those things, & then when i read some don't even like 'em at all, i'm completely aghast
    breezy shade

mtbr member

Yep!

...it is truly amazing what they have accomplished with that shock.
    I use the CCDB for everything except for when I'm strictly DHing then I'll throw on the ROCO WC and enjoy the squish. The ROCO is not something that makes the DT a "one bike" but, man o man, the CCDB does. Enjoy!
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    you know, I think I'm just so impressed because my Rocco air just felt like ass. Not the good kind. Any coily boinger would have been an upgrade

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is it the newer version with the improved damping? I had one on my endorphin and really didn't like it. even with the compression wide open it was still overdamped. I much prefer my pushed dhx (and now MX tune dhx) but the newer ccdb's are supposed to be much better on low leverage ratio bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorien
    you know, I think I'm just so impressed because my Rocco air just felt like ass. Not the good kind. Any coily boinger would have been an upgrade
    If your ROCO air was like mine, you should be enjoying the extra travel with the coil. I never could get the last .3" of travel on the ROCO air even on hard landings. I revalved a ROCO coil and it's total buttery goodness. I would like to try the CCDB eventually. It sounds like the bees knees.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKESNAKE
    If your ROCO air was like mine, you should be enjoying the extra travel with the coil. I never could get the last .3" of travel on the ROCO air even on hard landings. I revalved a ROCO coil and it's total buttery goodness. I would like to try the CCDB eventually. It sounds like the bees knees.
    Had the same issue with the Roco Air on my DT. The DT and Roco are good through most of its travel, but just don't match up well at the end. I switched to a Vivid and its been a huge improvement (of course there is always room for improvement...its at Push this week).

mtbr member
    well, I done pounded that shock pretty good yesterday and a couple times before.

There was some filming occurring so the pounding was pretty intensive. I was missing my Delerium that's for sure. I asked a fair amount from the ole steed lately what with the springlike, but slippery conditions.

Anyway, being a light guy, most the the adjustments on this damper are kept pretty close to wide open, although I noticed the hole pattern on the underside of the can had imprinted itself into my bottom out bumper so I'm going to run er with a turn and a bit of high speed comp damping. Which I don't really like the feel of much, but I don't want to grenade this guy.

Thing is feeling pretty good, really smooth and of course the adjustments are nice but a guy my size should probably tune the oil weight down in order to make full use of the adjustments.

When I first set it up I used Cane Creek's start up guidelines but those went right out the window quick. It ended up nowhere near that.

She has a nitrogen charge, so I'm going to send it in for a rebuild and lighter oil, then she should be rockin.

My ole air can was pretty tuneable but I'm going to use lighter fluid when I rebuild it. Anyone who has a link to rebuilding a Rocco air damper could make my day, I'm looking forward to crackin it open.