mtbr member

Haven't added any content in awhile: Fears Tears and Beers stoke.

We held our 8th annual Fears Tears and Beers Enduro last month and it was a huge success: Over 100 entrants (most ever for us); $3600 cash purse given out;
    lots of good singletrack, fun times.

Final expert descent. Whorehouse Hill. Tight in places, narrow in places, fast in places, but always rocky.
    FTB2013KRob

Early on in Stage 2
    FTB 2013 KRob 3

Transfer section
    FTB 2013 KRob 2

The Chili performed admirably....now if it just had a faster pilot...
    Last edited by KRob; 07-17-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Homage to Team Sky?

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Nice!

Knollician
    Very nice Kent. I can't seem to get enough of the Chili lately.

I'm really liking the Chunky tires now that I have a nice wide, Flow Ex rim. Looks like you are still running them as well. They must be working out well for you? I notice on terrain such as yours and even our loose sand that they rail. My cornering confidence and speed have increased significantly.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Yep. I've been really pleased with the chunky monkies. I've been running them for well over a month (closer to two) with dozens of rides and they show very little, if any signs of wear and they stick like Velcro in the dry, loose stuff. .....especially when I run the front at low pressure (20-22 lbs).
    Last edited by KRob; 07-16-2013 at 02:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN View Post
    Homage to Team Sky?
    Ha ha. I had to google Team Sky to see what you were talking about (I don't follow the Tour), but you're right, it looks like I bought my "kit" straight from their store.

A birthday present from wife. I'd never put together anything so color coordinated.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Yep. I've been really pleased with the chunky monkies. I've been running them for well over a month (closer to two) with dozens of rided and they show very little if any signs of wear and they stick like Velcro in the dry, loose stuff. .....especially when I run the front at low pressure (20-22 lbs).
    Yep, running 22F / 28R and they are durable without weighing a ton. I have punctured the rear a few times, but nothing I wouldn't have expected with another tire. Lately I have been riding several road miles to the trailhead and they are still in excellent condition with near no wear on the front tire. The rear tire is probably 60% after 2 months of use which is pretty incredible for our terrain.

Glad they are working out well for you. $30 for a quality tire sure is refreshing. I have also picked up a 2.25 Smorgasboard for the Endo. I have not ridden it yet, but PG ran it on his 29er and was impressed.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Yeah, I was thinking about picking up a Smorgasbord for the rear for the FTB but never got around to it. Looks like it might be a bit faster. Let us know what you think once you get them mounted.

mtbr member
    Looks like both the "kit" and the trail would have matched well with my blue Endorphin!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Yep, running 22F / 28R and they are durable without weighing a ton. I have punctured the rear a few times, but nothing I wouldn't have expected with another tire. Lately I have been riding several road miles to the trailhead and they are still in excellent condition with near no wear on the front tire. The rear tire is probably 60% after 2 months of use which is pretty incredible for our terrain.

Glad they are working out well for you. $30 for a quality tire sure is refreshing. I have also picked up a 2.25 Smorgasboard for the Endo. I have not ridden it yet, but PG ran it on his 29er and was impressed.
    I tried my CM on the front and had great results in the dry, just as good as my Big Betty up front (but half the price). Havent tried it in the wet yet, we havent had rain in Scotland for a whole month!!! So cant compare to the Betty in the wet yet. Running mine a bit harder at 23 with no probs.
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    Looks like both the "kit" and the trail would have matched well with my blue Endorphin!
    Absolutely! The endorphin would be the perfect ride companion for these trails. The chili is overkill for most of it. I did appreciate it on the the final Whorehouse Hill DH but I've put in some pretty fast times down that hill on my 2002 Hammerhead 100x in the past. A lot more scary for sure, but fast.

mtbr member
    Are the pics squished for everyone, or is something wrong with my browser? They look great on Flickr, but they look stretched tall and squished narrow in this thread.
    "My riding style - like I'm being chased by a clown." - rscecil007

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Are the pics squished for everyone, or is something wrong with my browser? They look great on Flickr, but they look stretched tall and squished narrow in this thread.
    I am having the same issue. I find that happens depending on how the HTML code for the image is pasted into MTBR.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I am having the same issue. I find that happens depending on how the HTML code for the image is pasted into MTBR.
    Not sure why they look normal for some (me) but tall and stretched for others. What browser are you using? Because they do look tall and stretched on my iphone with safari browser but look normal on Explorer on my desk top and lap top.

Anyway, I did what you suggested and didn't get any pictures, just the code. Do I need the < and the > on either side of it?

mtbr member

For this one I just used:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9...219b4178_b.jpg in the add image box.

Looks normal to me now. As I make the window bigger or smaller it scales the image to maintain the correct height vs. width.

I use Safari and Chrome on two different Macs.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

For this one I just used:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9...219b4178_b.jpg in the add image box.

Looks normal to me now. As I make the window bigger or smaller it scales the image to maintain the correct height vs. width.

I use Safari and Chrome on two different Macs.
    So I have to paste it to the Add image box? That's a nuisance. Can I still add text in between each image doing it that way. I like that I can just drop the HTML code directly into the text box.

mtbr member
    So I have to paste it to the Add image box? That's a nuisance. Can I still add text in between each image doing it that way. I like that I can just drop the HTML code directly into the text box.
    You can add text between pics either way.

If you want to just use the text box paste in the image's URL and add [IMG] before it and [/IMG] after it.

There is no difference in the end result either way.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

The forum software is doing something extra with the IMG tags that isn't happening with the HTML img src= command.

The first way squished the picture (viewed in Chrome on PC).

img src= "http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9293644715_c2776252e7_o.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="FTB2013KRob"

FTB2013KRob

The second way looks perfect:

IMG]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9293644715_86219b4178_b.jpg[/IMG

Looks like the forum will resize the picture, keeping the original dimensions, when you use the IMG tag. If you use HTML, it will keep the vertical, but force the horizontal to 600 or something smaller, which makes it look squished. This is probably to counteract the old posts that had huge pictures that would push ads off the side of the browser or screen.
    "My riding style - like I'm being chased by a clown." - rscecil007

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post

The forum software is doing something extra with the IMG tags that isn't happening with the HTML img src= command.

The first way squished the picture (viewed in Chrome on PC).

img src= "http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9293644715_c2776252e7_o.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="FTB2013KRob"

The second way looks perfect:

IMG]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9293644715_86219b4178_b.jpg[/IMG

Looks like the forum will resize the picture, keeping the original dimensions, when you use the IMG tag. If you use HTML, it will keep the vertical, but force the horizontal to 600 or something smaller, which makes it look squished. This is probably to counteract the old posts that had huge pictures that would push ads off the side of the browser or screen.

Not sure what the problem is. Both those images look the same to me on my pc with either Chrome or Explorer (normal).