Thread: Fork Choice

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Fork Choice

Hi all

After a few years of wanting an endorphin i now finally have one and after the first few rides i am very impressed. I currently have a 150mm revelation RLT which came as the stock fork off my old bike.

I would like to upgrade to something different though. Just after thoughts on what forks everyone else is running. The forks i have considered so far are

• Rockshox Pike
    • X-Fusion Slant
    • Fox Float

Ideally would like to up to a 34 (or 35 for the pike) and keep the bolt through axle but i dont mind if its 15 or 20mm.

What different travels have you tried and what feels best, not too keen to go all the way up to 160 but would consider dropping to 140. I just do fairly standard trail riding nothing too nasty but I do seem to live at the bottom of all the hills so dont want anything too heavy.

Thanks
    Harry

mtbr member
    my endo has a 36 float dropped to 150, its slightly better than a pike, but the pike is 300g lighter. I would be more than happy to swap the float for the pike to drop the grams...the performance difference would be marginal...id get used to it anyway...and it wouldn't stop me doing what I do on the endo. the ultimate solution would be a 150 pike with an avy cartridge, but that's the spendy solution although you get what you pay for. forget 34's, theyre not any better than revelations. never rode x-fusion but would like to try them. another option if you want 140 forks would be the BOS Deville, they are very good.
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    bos deville on my endo,,,, its doing me proud here in whistler,,,,, awesome fork,,,, highly recomend,,,, im running the taperd 160 non trc.